Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

LOL he probably really didn't want to talk about Laurel. 

SO not excited for that episode because it sounds exhausting in itself. But I'm so god damn tired of the network releasing images of Felicity and Ray. LET IT END. God dammit. I just want Felicity doing her own thing. 

Ehh, it doesn't make sense that he would still be in "Oliver's dead mode" because the rest of the interview he wasn't really in "Oliver is dead" mode? 

• Love 4

I'm confused. I thought Stephen Amell said in a recent interview he hasn't worked with Laurel as Canary when asked about his opinion about her... But clearly he's working with her as the Canary? Hmmm

Yeah, it was that interview where he went on like a two minute long explanation about how KC looked good in her costume and that's half the battle. Looks like that was January 14th (Access Hollywood), when Oliver was still "dead." Don't know if that's why he said that, though.

Edited by SonofaBiscuit
  • Love 1

LOL he probably really didn't want to talk about Laurel. 

SO not excited for that episode because it sounds exhausting in itself. But I'm so god damn tired of the network releasing images of Felicity and Ray. LET IT END. God dammit. I just want Felicity doing her own thing. 

Ehh, it doesn't make sense that he would still be in "Oliver's dead mode" because the rest of the interview he wasn't really in "Oliver is dead" mode? 

Didn't part of the ep description say that Laurel went out on her own against Oliver's advice and got hit with Vertigo? Maybe this is after that or when he tells her? Being around KC dressed as BC and actually working with her AS BC (as in fights and stuff) is *technically* kind of different. Maybe that's what he meant?

Wasn't the question about what Stephen thought of Laurel as BC though? He could've easily said, she's great because he's on screen with Laurel as BC and he probably already would've formed an opinion on it. It's just strange.

Anyways, this episode looks and sounds exhausting what with Oliver/Laurel squabbling, Felicity/Ray anything, pitting Sara against Laurel like it's cool. The only bright spot is Oliver/Roy finally telling Thea the truth.  

• Love 1

Omg I didn't realize how bitter I'd feel seeing CL as Sara/Canary. 

Oh and look, Felicity's with Ray again. SHOCKER.

It would be nice to get a picture of Felicity with Oliver, but no, we get Ray.  Boo!

I don't even need a picture of her with Oliver right now. I just want her away from Ray. It's actually getting ridiculous. Is she his shadow?

I might have fist-pumped seeing that pic of Roy,Thea and Oliver :)

Then I thought they could do something awful like telling her"look, I asked the Arrow about your brother and he found him!":/

I might have fist-pumped seeing that pic of Roy,Thea and Oliver :)

Then I thought they could do something awful like telling her"look, I asked the Arrow about your brother and he found him!":/

omg don't do that now you're scaring me lol

Edited by ban1o
  • Love 1

Pretty sure Ray is always present in Felicity scenes.  Get out your magnifying glass and you can probably see his reflection in a mirror or glass surface.  The more they try to make me like this guy, the more I dig my heels into the ground.  Stop trying to make it happen, show.

• Love 3

If we hadn't seen Ray with other people, I'd argue that Felicity is having some sort of psychotic break and he's a figment of her imagination in a Barry+Oliver way.

ETA: lemotomato beat me to it. 

Edited by closer2fine
  • Love 1

Thoughts about the whole dig & o convo about him accepting the new way things are. Diggle has always been more of a live in the reality kinda guy, so I could see him saying something along the lines of the preview. I'll let the scene play out, but to me its more diggle trying to be a friend and explain the dynamic has changed as opposed to telling him he's not leadership material anymore. Team arrow may not have got any wins, but they have established that they are fighting for more reasons than just Oliver, so that does change dynamic. Oliver could still be the leader he just has to learn how to command the "new" team. It sorta makes sense considering that as s2 progressed it became less about oliver's mission & more defending the city so guess they're just getting around to actual convo now. I see it more as Dig looking out for Oliver & less as power move.

Edited by kismet

Oh look, Laurel fighting hallucination Sara. In case anyone was under the impression that they wouldn't go the most incredibly obvious route. Hope Cassidy's stunt double is up to the job. Man, I hope Caity Lotz has told these people to stuff their show up their arses, in terms of ever appearing again to prop up Laurel.

What is it Guggenheim said, 'no other show would do what we're doing'? Yeah, most other showrunners have more sense. 

Wonder whether people should start making predictions on which minor DC character the writers use Felicity to prop up next season. Red Tornado? Cat-Man? Ragdoll? Dr. Midnight? The possibilities are endless.

• Love 9

So in this photo, you can see a flannel-clad arm that matches the flannel Thea is wearing in another photo. So does Laurel actually fight with Thea, thinking she's Sara?

ETA: It looks like Oliver and Roy are chasing a dude wearing another dark colored flannel, so it's probably his, not Thea's. Ray is also wearing a flannel this ep. Must have been a Buy Two Get One free day for the Wardrobe department.

Edited by Carrie Ann
  • Love 3

Preparing to enter the Black Hole again for 3x13.

It's amazing how much dreading a future episode could kill the enthusiasm for the next episode.

On the plus side: Oliver, Thea and Roy

• Love 1

So in this photo, you can see a flannel-clad arm that matches the flannel Thea is wearing in another photo. So does Laurel actually fight with Thea, thinking she's Sara?

I don't see any flannel :/ Anyway if there is I don't think it means anything. It doesn't make much sense for Thea to fight Laurel.

I like how the site also assumes Thea will find out Oliver's secret and/or that she killed Sara lol

Edited by ban1o

I don't see any flannel :/ Anyway if there is I don't think it means anything. It doesn't make much sense for Thea to fight Laurel.

Sorry, I changed the link so it should work now. And I don't think Thea would intentionally fight Laurel, but in costume, Thea wouldn't know who she was fighting. But I edited my original post anyway--I don't think it's her anymore.

• Love 1

Sorry, I changed the link so it should work now. And I don't think Thea would intentionally fight Laurel, but in costume, Thea wouldn't know who she was fighting. But I edited my original post anyway--I don't think it's her anymore.

yeah I guess it could be something Thea was manipulated to do I guess or if she felt that she was a threat to her family. But yea I think it's the guy they are chasing. LOL the wardrobe department probably got all the flannel on sale.

Edited by ban1o
  • Love 1

No it looks like this guy who's running: X

So it looks like oliver and Roy are running after the guy but Laurel saves the day

Edited by wonderwall

PSA for 3x13:

We acknowledge that Arrow and Arsenal would be able to catch the Bad Guy in tonights episode, but we ask that you suspend your disbelief (and do no change the channel) for the purposes of buying Laurel Lance as Black Canary. Thank You. 

• Love 8

OK, so it's probably not Thea in that photo with BC, but the fact remains that Thea is: a) wearing a shirt that covers her whole torso, and b) looking pretty mopey in her Flannel of Sadness, not to mention the blanket in those shots with Roy and Oliver. As we all know, on this show, if you have a blanket around your shoulders, you've just gone through some shit. So...something goes down. She either finds out about Oliver, or Malcolm, or best/worst of all, her own involvement in Sara's death. Right???

(Also, Oliver's hand is on her arm and she's holding it, in one of the shots, so I think whatever is going on, she's not upset with him.)

Edited by Carrie Ann

Looking at the Raylicity scene, it looks like Felicity is in Ray's house... 

judged.gif

We should have a Gif for every episode. I nominate that one for 3x13. It's a bit pre-emptive, but I'm fairly confident.

• Love 4

OK, so it's probably not Thea in that photo with BC, but the fact remains that Thea is: a) wearing a shirt that covers her whole torso, and b) looking pretty mopey in her Flannel of Sadness, not to mention the blanket in those shots with Roy and Oliver. As we all know, on this show, if you have a blanket around your shoulders, you've just gone through some shit. So...something goes down. She either finds out about Oliver, or Malcolm, or best/worst of all, her own involvement in Sara's death. Right???

yep I'm pretty sure she finds out about something. I mean  Oliver and Roy are talking to her and she looks distressed. And the episode description did say that Roy tells her to stay away from Malcolm.

Edited by ban1o

Isn't she supposed to have night terrors and go home with him/have him come home with her soon? 

I don't think that was ever confirmed besides EBR making a comment to that effect, but yeah, I think that's happening.

So that episode looks like a barrel of laughs. Laurel finally Becomes What She Was Destined To Be, Felicity hangs out in her boss's house, probably being all solicitous and caring, given that he looks even crazier than usual in that picture (and by the way, could they be trying any harder to replicate Tony/Pepper with this storyline? Anyone want to take bets that they'll lift lines directly from the Iron Man movies?).

I think Oliver may want to ingest some of that vertigo himself, just to find a world where everything isn't stupid.

ETA: I've not really paid attention to what Laurel is wearing as Bland Canary, because obviously I'm not watching the show, and really can't be arsed looking at promo pics but.... Holy fuck, look at all the buckles! That's hilarious! She's got more buckles than a Rob Liefeld character has pouches. I know you guys have been mocking that for weeks, but it's even worse than I thought it ever could be. And yes, I think a big part of the reason for them is to bulk up Cassidy's skinny limbs.

Edited by Danny Franks
  • Love 1

Bless that Jack Harkness gif.  BLESS. 

Honest to gods.  Unless Sara kicking Laurel's ass (YES PLEASE) leads to Laurel giving up being the Canary, the showrunners are idiots to put those two fighting against each other.  Because COME ON.  LOOK AT THEM.  I would so not be opposed to Sara actually killing Laurel.

I also really want Oliver to clock Laurel. #sorrynotsorry.

Edited by catrox14
  • Love 1

I thought that was Ray's office? Ray is looking a bit unkempt it that picture which means he's probably working too hard on his suit and Felicity will come in and rest her hand on his arm and tell him she's worried about him and she cares and not to work too hard and blah blah blah. This is all so predictable and wrong.

Edited by Guest

I thought that was Ray's office? Ray is looking a but unkempt it that picture which means he's probably working too hard on his suit and Felicity will come in a rest her hand on his arm and tell him she's worried about him and she cares and not to work too hard and blah blah blah. This is all so predictable and wrong.

It didn't look that different from his office to me either, but I thought that could just be because they use the same sets for different locations sometimes. Wasn't sure about that one shot of Felicity at the door? That didn't look particularly familiar to me, and is a different outfit than the other shots of her.

I'm not trying to be mean, but Cassidy just looks so weird in her BC costume and I don't know why. She looks even stranger standing next to Caity, who looks decent in hers. 

She doesn't look like she could hold her own in a fight. CL looks solid and sturdy like she could kick your ass. 

It didn't look that different from his office to me either, but I thought that could just be because they use the same sets for different locations sometimes. Wasn't sure about that one shot of Felicity at the door? That didn't look particularly familiar to me, and is a different outfit than the other shots of her.

Yeah, I think it's just his office. 

Caity Lotz just exudes the quiet confidence that a superhero needs.  She is so fucking awesome.  The bitter....it burns deep in me.

LOL. I still can see no reason for those stupid buckles on Laurel's costume....except to be some kind of warped garter belt and stockings. And WHY ARE THERE BUCKLES ON THE INSIDE OF HER LEGS???WHY??.... It is so stupid.

ETA: I see what you are doing PTB with Sara's wig being straighter and longer than before.....ugh....

Edited by catrox14
  • Love 6

I just have a feeling that was stupid episode for Caity to film. Which why her tune has changed to coming back for more pointless flashbacks. I just hope she had fun filming the fight stunts with the woman who played her stunt double. That will probably show even more what a stupid move that was for them to get rid of an actress that can fight. 

Edited by Sakura12
  • Love 2

Doesn't the outfit Felicity is wearing look a little bit like the one she wore in 2x22/23? The one at the door.

Now I miss Sara

What happened to Laurel's smart, strong, statement-making straight wig? She's got a curl going - chances are she gets her ass kicked.

Maybe there was a light drizzle and she didn't have a plug for her straightener to correct the situation immediately. ;-)

I think the promo pics are supposed to show Laurel being uncertain of her fighting abilities.  Of course, what they don't show is probably Laurel suddenly recovering, fighting back, knocking Sara to the ground(!) - and then Sara disappears.  Remember this is Laurel's delusion - er, hallucination.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

I just have a feeling that was stupid episode for Caity to film. Which why her tune has changed to coming back for more pointless flashbacks. I just hope she had fun filming the fight stunts with the woman who played her stunt double. That will probably show even more what a stupid move that was for them to get rid of an actress that can fight. 

Seriously, I'm sure Caity would never say a word, but it's gotta sting to know that you bust your ass being physically fit, a fantastic athlete with parkour and martial arts skills and a decent actress to boot and just watch it being handed over to someone that can barely throw a punch or keep a confident pose.  Whatever, show.

• Love 12
The more I think about Oliver's homecoming tonight, the more annoyed I become. He did an honourable (and slightly foolish) thing for the sake of his sister's life (and the lives of his city) and he comes home to his friends and partners telling him he has to accept the new status quo now? Naw, son. 

Spoilers are like pieces of a jigsaw puzzle we try to put together in a way that makes sense. This one doesn't.  Oliver makes it homes, exhausted from his wounds and travelling and not wanting anything more than a drink, a hot bath and cuddle time with his girl, and he has to hood up because Brick is taking over his city.  In what world does it make sense that Diggle tells him  he has to step down and let it be a committee now.

I'm kind of laughing at KC's interview where she wanted her Black Canary costume to be more feminine. CL looks very sexy and feminine in her costume, maybe because she actually has curves.

I wish! Thea would so kick Laurel's ass, even now with an extra two weeks of fighting practice.

Maybe Felicity takes Ray home and puts him to bed because he's working too hard, you know like all the fanfic has Oliver doing for her. Ray looks pretty rough in those pictures.