Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

We don't even know what the episode is about, do we? I don't think we can really discuss why Mama Smoak is there until we have some sort of spoilers other than she's going to appear. I just think it's weird that people think of Donna as having nothing to offer Felicity other than love advice and/or be the love interest to Quentin.

I think it's safe to say she's in town to be F-ING AWESOME!

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 13

YAY! Mama Smoaks is back!!!!

It feels so good to be happy about something (and to see people mostly happy, too).

I'm penciling 3x18 to watch -since the other spoilers turned me off the show- unless, as @Morrigan2575 said, it's a "trick episode".

And I'm an unapologetic crackshipper-until-it's-not-crack for Quentin and Donna. For me, Quentin deserves better than being stuck with wet blankets Laurel and S2-3 Dinah, and Felicity deserves better than playing second fiddles in Cray-cRay's storyline -which is I'm afraid will happen and no one would be happier than me if I'm wrong.

I would love to have a storyline reuniting Quentin and Felicity, together on a case that would lead him to get acquainted with Donna, or maybe a crisis having Quentin, Donna and Felicity together, that would set the bases for a new fun and interesting family pole on Arrow.

• Love 2

Donna Smoak has been the best thing about this season. I'm so excited she is coming back. I hope this means we get another Felicity-Centric episode this season. That would be amazing.

I do want Quentin and Donna to interact, not because I ship them (this whole Oliver and Quentin's daughters thing is gross enough), but because Quentin's expressions would be hilarious.

• Love 2

Quentin won't have much to smile about when he finds out his favorite daughter is dead, again. 

He can rest in the comfort of knowing that his surviving daughter buried her in a shallow grave in a pine box and didn't tell him for months because she was worried about him dying on her. That's love!

• Love 7

I still can't believe Quentin doesn't know. And I still can't believe Laurel will actually pretend to be Sara to fool him. That's what happens right? I didn't read a spoiler wrong? I can't remember.

The only thing I'm looking forward to in the next few Arrow-less episodes is some more focus on Diggle. He's my guy. I'm glad he's putting on the suit for a while. I want to see how he reacts to Oliver's 'death.' I like him out in the field. I feel like Diggle hasn't really been present this season even though he's right there. It's weird. I can't really explain it. If one good thing can come out of no Oliver, it's that. Give me Diggle.

I still can't believe Quentin doesn't know. And I still can't believe Laurel will actually pretend to be Sara to fool him. That's what happens right? I didn't read a spoiler wrong? I can't remember.

From what I can remember, there are Canary sightings in Starling, Quentin gets wind of them and asks Laurel how to get in touch with Sara. She doesn't know how to answer him, so she goes for Nyssa for help. Not sure if she continues to let him believe that she's Sara or if she comes clean. Or maybe somehow Quentin already knows and he's trying to get her to tell him which will be the weakest sauce ever, please no.

• Love 1

From what I can remember, there are Canary sightings in Starling, Quentin gets wind of them and asks Laurel how to get in touch with Sara. She doesn't know how to answer him, so she goes for Nyssa for help. Not sure if she continues to let him believe that she's Sara or if she comes clean. Or maybe somehow Quentin already knows and he's trying to get her to tell him which will be the weakest sauce ever, please no.

Ugh. It's just as I feared. I bet Quentin just accepts her reasons for not telling him and is all 'Poor Laurel and the weight of the secret you kept.' Ugh.

I miss the Nyssa who tranqued her with an arrow.

And another character gets thrown under the bus for Laurel's journey.

On the plus side, hopefully we get some good stuff as Diggle, Roy and Felicity decide whether to continue Oliver's mission.  And maybe Mama Smoak will bring info on Felicity's father.

• Love 4

He can rest in the comfort of knowing that his surviving daughter buried her in a shallow grave in a pine box and didn't tell him for months because she was worried about him dying on her. That's love!

I would be forever bitter if Quentin forgives Laurel for hiding Sara's death and then burying her in a pine box.

Sooner or later Quentin is going to find out Sara is dead. If he really is as fragile as she seems to think he is, how does it not occur to Laurel that this shocking news, coupled with the revelation she has been deliberately hiding it from him for months, could have an even worse effect on his health?

• Love 3

I hated that episode, so I'm sure your recall is better than mine.  Wonder who did the digging?

Seemed like Oliver, Roy and Diggle did. 

Sooner or later Quentin is going to find out Sara is dead. If he really is as fragile as she seems to think he is, how does it not occur to Laurel that this shocking news, coupled with the revelation she has been deliberately hiding it from him for months, could have an even worse effect on his health?

Not the mention the fact that she buckled into some leather and is apparently going out fighting criminals, which could not only get her killed but could, you know, also get her sent away to prison. But no big. 

With these spoilers indicating Laurel is going to be a bad ass Black Canary in a few episodes, she is going to pretend to be Sara and is going to continue to lie to her Dad, I just don't understand what the audience is supposed to see in Laurel. I used to think this arc had a chance at success, but the more I hear the more I think they are setting Laurel up for failure again.

• Love 1

I would be forever bitter if Quentin forgives Laurel for hiding Sara's death and then burying her in a pine box.

Sigh, of course he's going to forgive her.

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 1

Has Guggenheim been asked why he ever thought that Laurel hiding Sara's death from Quentin was anything like a good idea, narratively? Are the viewers supposed to actually feel for Laurel and sympathise that she dumped her sister in the ground and then pretended nothing happened? Is it supposed to be an indicator of some sort of mental instability? 

Ah, I already know that the answers to those questions would be that it's all to make Laurel a better, more interesting and more sympathetic character, but it'd be funny to see Guggenheim try to make that claim.

• Love 1

Huh…That may answer the question about what the flashbacks would be with Oliver not being in the present.

I would like Team Arrow flashbacks and Oliver/Felicity flashbacks please.

(edited)
Okay, I've lost track then. Is this four part trilogy (!!!) Laurel centric or not?

From the Twitter thread

I'm guessing 310-313 will be exactly like 210-213

310 - Balanced focus on Roy, Malcolm, Diggle, Felicity, Ray, and Laurel - Thea probably gets screwed

311 - Laurel Centric 

312 - Roy Centric

313 - Laurel Centric Again/also Sara

210 - Balanced between Team Arrow, Olicity, Roy and Laurel

211 - Laurel Centric

212 - Roy Centric

213 - Sara Centric

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 1

So excited for Mama Smoak to come back and I don't want any of the Lances in the episode. Bringing in Quentin just opens up the chance that KC and her bad acting will show up and I want nothing to do with that. And the actor that plays Quentin is a mumbling over-actor. Mama deserves better than that mess.

Wait what has been said to indicate 3x12 is Roy centric? I haven`t heard anything like that?

When the EPs were trying to sell the notion that the next few eps aren't about Laurel, there was some mention about Roy stepping up big time (no mention of the episode). Who knows at this point - as someone said above, I think they're just playing all sides of the fan base to make sure everyone feels like they have a reason to tune in.

When the EPs were trying to sell the notion that the next few eps aren't about Laurel, there was some mention about Roy stepping up big time (no mention of the episode). Who knows at this point - as someone said above, I think they're just playing all sides of the fan base to make sure everyone feels like they have a reason to tune in.

interesting. I don't think that means 3x12 is Roy centric though. I guess we'll get the press release today or tomorrow though. I think he was just saying that in general to show that it wasn't all Laurel. 

On another. Didn't "Tremors" last season get really high ratings compared to the other episodes in 2b? I seem to remember that. 

Edited by ban1o
(edited)

Wait what has been said to indicate 3x12 is Roy centric? I haven`t heard anything like that?

I'm predicting that it will be because of S2's history and the fact that they kept talking about Roy taking a leadership position in the upcoming arc, etc.  These guys repeat the pattern's like nobodies business and as you can see I laid out the character centric episodes from S2 to compare to S3.

Edited by Morrigan2575

interesting. I don't think that means 3x12 is Roy centric though. I guess we'll get the press release today or tomorrow though. I think he was just saying that in general to show that it wasn't all Laurel. 

Right - that's why I wrote that I think they're playing all sides of the fanbase to make sure everyone feels like they should tune in. Because of that, it's tough to tell how -centric these eps will be, because their perception often differs from mine. 

Edited by apinknightmare

Even though I know what is coming in the next few episodes, when these little bits of info about Laurel come out, I can't help but find myself super ragey.  I just go into panic mode when I hear things like Laurel "front and center."  I know it's coming, but I'm not mentally prepared.  

• Love 3

Even though I know what is coming in the next few episodes, when these little bits of info about Laurel come out, I can't help but find myself super ragey.  I just go into panic mode when I hear things like Laurel "front and center."  I know it's coming, but I'm not mentally prepared.  

I feel like it's going to be like anything that happens on this show where Laurel's concerned and there's been some hype about it. I'll dread it, watch it, and once it's over say, "That wasn't as bad as I thought it would be." Which isn't necessarily a good thing, but it's about what I'm expecting. Especially if they have her saying things like, "I'm the justice you can't outrun." I mean...hello, laughfest. 

• Love 2

Nope, Laurel's going to be front and center in the next 3 episodes, as Guggenheim stated on his tumblr account (honestly though, I feel like him being on tumblr is just going to ruin the experience of the show). So that means everyone else will be off to the side a bit? So I suppose that's confirmation? 

Nope, Laurel's going to be front and center in the next 3 episodes, as Guggenheim stated on his tumblr account (honestly though, I feel like him being on tumblr is just going to ruin the experience of the show). So that means everyone else will be off to the side a bit? So I suppose that's confirmation? 

well it was in response to someone who was mad about Laurel being pushed to the side. I think you have too look at his comments in context. 

• Love 1

well it was in response to someone who was mad about Laurel being pushed to the side. I think you have too look at his comments in context. 

To be fair, it could go either way :p He could just be embellishing appease the Laurel fan, or he could be actually telling the truth. 

Usually I'd lean towards the former, but with what AK said about this being the Canary Trilogy I'm sort of leaning towards the latter? Hopefully Laurel isn't Oliver's replacement for the next 3 episodes if that's what 'front and center' means. I honestly don't want Diggle/Roy/Felicity to gravitate around Laurel/Ray as they usually do with Oliver. 

I'm hoping for the best, but preparing for the worst :p

With Oliver gone, that kind of leaves a big gap of screen time to fill that they never had before. I hope for all of you still watching this show, you are right and Laurel's arc has been exaggerated for Laurel/KC fans benefit.  

• Love 2

It feels harder to write off the Laurel-centric noise this time around because Oliver is gone. In the past, when they've said "Laurel-centric" or AnyoneElse-centric, it really hasn't amounted to much because it's usually still all about Oliver (305 was an exception, IMO). But without him, who knows? I do think they'll probably still be pretty balanced, with maybe one episode leaning heavily on Laurel. 311, if I had to guess, just because 310 does look like a team episode, and Oliver returns at some point in 312. And if they all are, then, you know, it's just going to be a failed experiment. I found Stephen's wording at the TCA panel interesting. He said this was giving others an opportunity to acquit themselves, and he was happy about those opportunities. He was being kind as usual, but I don't see all the characters succeeding in that attempt.

Edit: jinx, Sakura12.

Edited by Carrie Ann
  • Love 6

To be fair, it could go either way :p He could just be embellishing appease the Laurel fan, or he could be actually telling the truth. 

Usually I'd lean towards the former, but with what AK said about this being the Canary Trilogy I'm sort of leaning towards the latter? Hopefully Laurel isn't Oliver's replacement for the next 3 episodes if that's what 'front and center' means. I honestly don't want Diggle/Roy/Felicity to gravitate around Laurel/Ray as they usually do with Oliver. 

I'm hoping for the best, but preparing for the worst :p

I think she's going to be working by herself for a bit (not sure how early in 3x10 she's got on the costume) - probably in 3x10 and maybe in some of 3x11, since the 3x11 synopsis has Diggle and Roy trying to talk her out of it because they're worried she'll get herself killed. So, she's definitely not Oliver's replacement on the Team for that period of time (although she probably will be his replacement time-wise on the show). They start working together to get Brick in 3x11, so she'll be working with the team in some capacity, and also in 12. But I don't think it's going to be anything at all like her coming into the Foundry and taking charge and giving orders - especially not since Diggle and Roy are trying to talk her out of doing what she's doing at the beginning of 3x11. 

I'm beginning to wonder if maybe she starts out wanting to do this solo and being terrible at it and her "finding another way" is by working with a team, and she somehow flourishes that way? Don't really want to think about that, haha. 

Edited by apinknightmare

This is terrible, but for the sake of those watching live, I hope that the amount of Laurel has been exaggerated.  But for my sake, I hope that if Laurel is front and center, it is an awful, epic fail so that we never have to endure this again.

• Love 2

Yeah, I'm sorry but the episodes are definitely going to be Laurel centric. They can downplay it all they want but it's happening. I'm sure everyone will get some scenes but this is Laurel's big arc. She's becoming BC. I don't think anyone should expect anything different no matter how much they try to suggest otherwise.

I'll happily take Oliver/Felicity flashbacks but honestly, I'll be just as happy with Team Arrow flashbacks. 

Felicity. :( 

Really hoping the "there is no this without him" is just her taking a moment to sort herself out (and not the beginning of some temporary defection to Team Fony Stark). Looks like she turns the lights off with Digg and Roy still standing there? 

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 1

Felicity. :( 

Really hoping the "there is no this without him" is just her taking a moment to sort herself out (and not the beginning of some temporary defection to Team Fony Stark). Looks like she turns the lights off with Digg and Roy still standing there?

I'm pretty sure this is right after Malcolm pays a visit and they all find out about Oliver's death. I mean, she is wearing the same purple dress as she is when Malcolm announces his death. I think that line is her just being human. She just lost someone she loves, obviously she'll lash out a bit? But hopefully she comes back to Team Arrow because they need her as much as she needs them. 

• Love 1