Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

. I'm expecting the last scene of 312 to be Felicity in her apartment with Ray, knock on the door....."ta-dah! I'm back!" Because cliches.

If that happens, I'll be one foot out the door, between the Laurel quartet and spoiling the lovely scenes Oliver and Felicity once had. And just the general depressingness of this season. There is only so much bad stuff they can throw me before I say 'screw it, it's not worth sticking around'.

Seeing the Team Arrow scenes on FlashvsArrow just reminded me of how much I've lost on Arrow this season.

• Love 8

After that Flash crossover and Oliver's comment about how "we don't get the girl", I'm thinking I might have been right before. That "the greatest Olicity scene ever" is Oliver shoving Felicity at Ray because "if you love someone, let them go". I really hope I'm wrong though...

I don't know.  If it's just Oliver telling her "I love you so I'm letting you go." wouldn't Felicity be all, "Um, I already told you months ago I wasn't waiting around for you."  What would be the point of saying something that was already happening? 

Umm, I think it would be more like Oliver finally acknowledging he has to let her go, and really doing it. She asked him to stop dangling maybes, but he has kept dropping half-declarations, plus his reactions in 307. Maybe whatever happens in 308 and 309 will push him even more in that direction, to the point where  he has to go and say it, to clear the air (whatever the scenario, meaning either before or after the LoA comes into play).

^(I feel like I'm not explaining myself very well on this, maybe inspiration will hit me later :))

Changing the subject, now that I think about it, the line about Moira by BabyMama was the worst. "She loved you very much"....Really?...And how would you know about that???

• Love 1
Changing the subject, now that I think about it, the line about Moira by BabyMama was the worst. "She loved you very much"....Really?...And how would you know about that???

Because Baby Mama (I think her name's Sandra but the show hasn't explicitly stated it yet, right?) knows that Moira did what she has always done, which is to protect her "beautiful baby boy" regardless of the fact that she was hurting other people and, even, her own son. She paid off Baby Mama a cool $2M to go away just so that Oliver wouldn't have to deal with the scandal of impregnating a woman who wasn't his girlfriend at the time and avoid, potentially, having his life derailed by becoming a young father. It was very twisted logic but the bottom line is that Moira did what she did because of her love for Oliver. I think Baby Mama understood that. Gods, I miss Moira Queen.

I am dreading more than anticipating the "9"-rated Oliver/Felicity scene in 3x09 now. I already know it will be heartbreaking but I really want something hopeful between those two idiots that can't seem to stop hearteye-ing each other to cling to while we wait for the Canary Tetralogy to finish its run and we can return to the show known as Arrow in February. I don't think I can take much more of the depressive, angsty feel any longer. I hate seeing my favorite characters suffering, unnecessarily, and getting trapped in uncreative forays into tropes. I want to still love you, Show! Why won't you let me?!

• Love 6

Yes, I was being sarcastic. I meant, as far as we know, she didn't know Moira until that meeting, which Oliver doesn't know about. So basically he bumps into a woman he had an affair with, that randomly tells him his mother loved him. The "How would you know about that?"should be Oliver's reaction, in my opinion ;)

Edited by looptab
  • Love 7

Yes, I was being sarcastic. I meant, as far as we know, she didn't know Moira until that meeting, which Oliver doesn't know about. So basically he bumps into a woman he had an affair with, that randomly tells him his mother loved him. The "How would you know about that?"should be Oliver's reaction, in my opinion ;)

That's actually why I thought part of the reason for him looking at her so long after Felicity asked was about. Like "Who was that?" He looks at her and thinks "now why did she say my mom loved me?"

• Love 3

That's actually why I thought part of the reason for him looking at her so long after Felicity asked was about. Like "Who was that?" He looks at her and thinks "now why did she say my mom loved me?"

It would be awesome if that were the case. It would make sense! Progress!

• Love 1

Had this crazy thought and while still slightly cliched I would accept it more easily than Oliver giving Felicity his blessing to date Ray.

What if the 9 scene is because Oliver knows something is going to go down with the LOA. So thinking his time is about to expire, he says NOT IMPLIES "I love you and blah blah blah." The 9 scene is Felicity reciprocating. The reason it isn't a 10 is because of no sex according to a tweet so maybe they fall asleep on her couch and in the morning the LOA arrives to be dealt with. Still slightly cliched but since this shows lives on cliche I would take it over Oliver permitting Felicity to date Ray. 

I doubt we are going to avoid cliche and it has been done before, but I can't see them believing the audience wouldn't revolt if Oliver is in mortal danger and Felicity is sexing up her new boss. 

I might be willing to pay good money if when Oliver returns, Felicity is at work and she runs to embrace him while Ray stands in her office. Because I can be petty like that. 

• Love 6

Because Baby Mama (I think her name's Sandra but the show hasn't explicitly stated it yet, right?) knows that Moira did what she has always done, which is to protect her "beautiful baby boy" regardless of the fact that she was hurting other people and, even, her own son. She paid off Baby Mama a cool $2M to go away just so that Oliver wouldn't have to deal with the scandal of impregnating a woman who wasn't his girlfriend at the time and avoid, potentially, having his life derailed by becoming a young father. It was very twisted logic but the bottom line is that Moira did what she did because of her love for Oliver. I think Baby Mama understood that. Gods, I miss Moira Queen.

I am dreading more than anticipating the "9"-rated Oliver/Felicity scene in 3x09 now. I already know it will be heartbreaking but I really want something hopeful between those two idiots that can't seem to stop hearteye-ing each other to cling to while we wait for the Canary Tetralogy to finish its run and we can return to the show known as Arrow in February. I don't think I can take much more of the depressive, angsty feel any longer. I hate seeing my favorite characters suffering, unnecessarily, and getting trapped in uncreative forays into tropes. I want to still love you, Show! Why won't you let me?!

Yeah, that line made me like Sandra a lot. I'm sure at the time she did not feel kindly toward Moira at all, but years on with her own son, she understands now that while misguided and ultimately harmful in many ways, Moira was trying to protect him.

I am wondering if maybe the 9 is *interrupted* sex, prompting Marc to bring up sex in his tweet.

Suspect Slade will be coming back as part of the Suicide Squad. Suspect that Sara's appearance will be a hallucination but that Tommy's will only seem like one and it'll really be him because I REFUSE TO GIVE UP ON HIM AS THE KILLER.

• Love 3

Had this crazy thought and while still slightly cliched I would accept it more easily than Oliver giving Felicity his blessing to date Ray.

What if the 9 scene is because Oliver knows something is going to go down with the LOA. So thinking his time is about to expire, he says NOT IMPLIES "I love you and blah blah blah." The 9 scene is Felicity reciprocating. The reason it isn't a 10 is because of no sex according to a tweet so maybe they fall asleep on her couch and in the morning the LOA arrives to be dealt with. Still slightly cliched but since this shows lives on cliche I would take it over Oliver permitting Felicity to date Ray.

I doubt we are going to avoid cliche and it has been done before, but I can't see them believing the audience wouldn't revolt if Oliver is in mortal danger and Felicity is sexing up her new boss.

I might be willing to pay good money if when Oliver returns, Felicity is at work and she runs to embrace him while Ray stands in her office. Because I can be petty like that.

It's not a crazy thought-i think most of us believe Oliver's talking about his feelings because the LoA is looming over him and he thinks he's gonna die. I'm just worried about what kind of dumbass thing he's gonna say. That last scene between him and Barry at Jitters was a typical Arrow anvil-y statement, and it just got me wondering exactly what we're in for with this best ever Olicity scene. What I'm hoping for, of course, is that Oliver thinks he can't / shouldn't (or whatever kind of dumbass logic) be with her because guys like him don't get the girl (YOU ARE A DUMBASS, GUYS LIKE YOU ALWAYS GET THE GIRL) but the threat of imminent death makes him want to lay it all on the line to her because he just wants her to know that he loves her and thinks he won't ever get the chance to say it. And I hope she tells him because of the same reason.

Not sure how Ray could play into any of these scenarios given Oliver's absence, but I don't care enough about him to try to figure it out.

And regarding your last sentence: I'm petty like that too. :)

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 5

I'm hoping he will say something like "I love you and I know the best thing for you would be if I didn't. I love you and I won't pretend I don't anymore." Because the guys like us thing is really old and tired. Lay it on the line Oliver. If Felicity isn't being written OOC she will probably sat "wasn't so hard to say was it?" And then tell him she loves him too. Romantic angst be done. Bring on villainy angst.

• Love 5

If there are declarations of love & acceptance (of loving but also of impending death on Oliver's part) in 3.09, then I hope, for his sake, he hears Felicity say it back. The hero needs to hear he's loved.  I think he's pretty sure she has feelings for him, strong ones that are more than 'just friends' or 'close partners'.  But he needs to hear it. And I think, for Felicity's sake, she needs to tell him.  How awful will she feel if she didn't tell him the reality of her love for him only to think he's dead in a matter of days/weeks?  Her guilt and pain would be massive.

I understand that the show breaks apart & down to then build up.  The EPs have admitted doing this and loving it.  it's a standard pattern for heroes. 

But Arrow has become somewhat celebrated in some media circles for being the best superhero show/thing right now. Team Arrow, the stunts, SA's commitment to the role & show & fans, the generally successful Arrow-cizing of DC characters and, finally, EBR as Felicity have been listed as strong reasons. 

The show has had clear parallels to Nolan's trilogy, I think.  Some of it has worked, some hasn't.  But with the constant beating down of Oliver's soul, the show is becoming more Batman than Green Arrow.  The manner in which he leaves Starling City and his love & friends & family in 3.09 matters a great deal.  If the show wants to stand on it's own merit and step out of the shadows of Nolan's world, then Oliver needs something hopeful to hold onto.  The fans do, too.

if the episode ends, with the (what I'm calling) Extended Hiatus coming up, with nothing but pain and angst, then why, really, would fans come back after 4-6 weeks? 

The hero needs to win sometimes.  Last night was great for both Oliver and Barry in their superhero world but the matters of the heart, no, not at all.  Actually, I think Barry's prospects are significantly bleaker.  Oliver still has Felicity on his team.  It doesn't look like she's going anywhere and her trust in him is intact.  Well, except as a romantic partner. But she seemed very bouncy and almost happy at the end.

• Love 9

Perhaps with the LOA thing looming Oliver realises he's been an arse and that he regrets not making the most of the time he could've had with Felicity, and tells her precisely that. Then off he goes and the writers get to have their cake and eat it, by having sensible. honest, mature declarations, but still keep them apart.

• Love 2

I would say Waller would have to be out of her mind to let Slade out of prison to join the Squad, but then again this is a woman who was willing to nuke a city to take out a couple dozen guys....

Oliver's line to Barry, about guys like them not getting the girl, I don't think he was saying they don't get girls, which is obviously not true since virtually every woman not related to him practically throws herself at Oliver. I think what he means is we don't get THE girl. The one. We don't get the happy ending. We have to be devoted to our cause. Which is nonsense. But it's what he believes.

Edited by KirkB
  • Love 7

Oliver's line to Barry, about guys like them not getting the girl, I don't think he was saying they don't get girls, which is obviously not true since virtually every woman not related to him practically throws herself at Oliver. I think what he means is we don't get THE girl. The one. We don't get the happy ending. We have to be devoted to our cause. Which is nonsense. But it's what he believes.

Yeah, I think you're right about that. I just want this guy to catch one break, to have one good thing to hold onto and I get so frustrated that my default mode while watching is "YOU DUMBASS."

Oliver gives me a serious case of the sads.

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 3

I think "guys like us don't get the girl" means simply -> "guys like us don't get to have a normal life, don't get to be simply happy. People around us get hurt. We can involuntarily hurt the people we love." (also: Barry, it's creepy, she's practically your half-sister. Do you see me hitting on Thea? No. She kind of acted that way around me in season 1, but you weren't around the CW then)

Still is was nice to see Oliver smiling. And acting normal around Felicity. I guess he kinds of basks in her presence and doesn't sulk anymore around her. Which is good, right? Let's see if it stays in Starling City and is not limited to Central City.

• Love 3

In my best case scenario, Oliver and Felicity make declarations to each other and both realize that they CAN be together and want to be and will fight for it, you know, after Oliver gets back from wherever. And then they are tragically torn apart.

In my middle case scenario, Oliver and Felicity make declarations to each other and then Oliver "sets her free," because he doesn't know whether he'll live through this, etc., and Felicity is upset and devastated, but post-hiatus we find that she can't let him go.

In my worst case scenario, Oliver and/or Felicity make declarations, but it changes nothing and Oliver pushes Felicity away and she takes his leaving personally, and closes that part off more thoroughly, and Ra's Al Ghul tries to make Oliver kill all the parts of himself that care about other people, and when Oliver gets back he's all ROBO Vigilante and bleh.

• Love 6

New sneak peek for the episode was released on spoiler tv some of it was already seen in the preview earlier. some people don't like Cisco but I find him hilarious lol. Kinda looking forward to a little bit of a more lighter episode of Arrow.

Edited by ban1o

New sneak peek for the episode was released on spoiler tv some of it was already seen in the preview earlier. some people don't like Cisco but I find him hilarious lol. Kinda looking forward to a little bit of a more lighter episode of Arrow.

I like Cisco too. He's harmless and entertaining IMO

• Love 3

2nd pic of Oliver & Ra

Thanks for posting them but where are you getting them from? (just curious)

Anyway excited to see Nyssa again. Ra's didn't leave that big of an impression on me but I'll see how he does with more screen time. Hopefully it's a great mid-season finale

Edited by ban1o

Ugh. I know we haven't really seen Ra's yet. But I would be more afriad of Nyssa than Ra's based off of those photos alone.

ETA: 4 pics every 10 mins or 1 pic every 10 mins 4 times?

Edited by 10Eleven12
  • Love 1

Stephen is gonna post 4 pics every 10 mins

on his twitter? I can't find them lol.

and holy shit I think your right That is Maseo I think.

Edited by ban1o

Yeah, I'm not getting my hopes up for that 9 rated Oliver/Felicity scene because everything they've hyped this season has been below my expectations. That said, I trust SA more than MG so if he says it's a great scene I'm more likely to believe him. At the same time, he also said The Promise was the best episode they ever did and I thought it was awful so who knows what to expect. Whatever happens, it's gonna break our hearts.

I really hope Felicity doesn't just go off and date Ray while he's gone. I find that thought so off-putting. But then it totally depends on what happens between them in 309 so I'm trying to hold off on judging right now.

Man, anyone else not feeling the guy who plays Ra's? He just lacks screen presence. It's very meh.

That does look like Maseo and it makes sense that he would be the link between the flashbacks and the present day. Does Katana think he's dead when he really isn't? GASP!

• Love 2

Shirtless Stephen Amell, oh how I missed you

Man, anyone else not feeling the guy who plays Ra's? He just lacks screen presence. It's very meh.

Agreed. But I don't want to judge him too harshly yet since he only had like a minute of screen time. I'll wait for this episode where he's in it more.

Edited by ban1o
  • Love 2

This all has to happen in like the last 5-10 minutes of the episode, right? I'm kind of surprised they're releasing these photos.

Also, is Ra's Al Ghul like the Dread Pirate Roberts? That this one isn't the original, and he could be looking for a successor? (Sorry if this has been covered--the comics info gets pretty jumbled in my mind.)

• Love 1

Shirtless Stephen Amell shirtless, oh how I missed you

Agreed. But I don't want to judge him too harshly yet since he only had like a minute of screen time. I'll wait for this episode where he's in it more.

Same. I'm trying but he's not what I envisioned as Ra's at all. I can't even picture him as Nyssa's father let alone someone who could defeat Oliver looking like that. He looks kind of out of shape to me!

Reminder. Discussion of events that took place on last night's Flash episode belong in the Flash forum. They are most certainly not spoilers as they already aired, and moreover they are about a different show. We're being lenient here but if your comment is mostly about events that 1) have already taken place and/or 2) took place on the Flash they have been and will be deleted. Please think about where you are posting. 

I'm sorry, but the Ra's Al Ghul casting is just an epic fail to me. Not only is Matt Nable's face all wrong, he also doesn't have the right body for the role. I don't expect Ra's to look like a bodybuilder, but he should look toned at least.

• Love 6

This TV Guide article about the crossover had a direct quote from Amell that said something like, post crossover team-ness!, "everything goes to sh*t in the very next episode and Oliver has to go off alone" [asterisk in shit and all]. It's been edited out by Holbrook, and I didn't screencap because, you know, I didn't think it WAS gonna be edited. Ugh. Anyway. I think those of you who think Oliver is gonna give a last goodbye be-happy speech to Felicity might be right. UGH.

Edited by dancingnancy

Thea and Felicity!!!

“Something happens in the midseason finale (airing Dec. 10) that makes it necessary. Which is not to say [Laurel wears it] in the midseason finale, but the impetus [for the costume] will happen then.”

Get our hopes up and then crash them in just one article, Matt Mitovich. :/

Edited by looptab
  • Love 2

I'm hesitant to be exited about anything Thea related. Her storyline this season hasn't been  as interesting as I thought it would be. I thought "Corto Maltese" was good but since then nothing. And I still have a sneaky suspicion their setting her up to be Sara's killer (hopefully not) Don't really have faith in the writers but I'll wait and see.

Apparently we get Thea & Felicity actually sharing some scenes in 2nd part of the season according to MG.

sorry to be annoying but where is the screen cap you posted from? lol

One of the EPs also said Felicity and Malcolm would interact at some point. Felicity/Thea/Malcolm would be really interesting.

I really hope Thea is not the killer. I want Oliver to tell her the truth and for her and Felicity to develop a real friendship.

• Love 2

My first thought when seeing Oliver and Ra's was: TOMMY! ...wait.

Where does Gugenheim say we'll see Thea and Felicity? I know there was mention of Cisco/Thea but that's it.

Edited by wingster55