Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

So, basically, I'm the only person who wants the "her" in Oliver's quote to be about the salmon ladder?

Guys, guys, if there's any ship on this show we should be worried about, it's this one. It's been months! I am about to start arguing that the two of them need relationship counseling.

Oliver, prove to me that you haven't forgotten your true love. GULP.

LOL it's actually been so long since the salmon ladder. The last time I remember it was when Sara used it in season 2. It has to come back. Ollie + Sally= my OTP 

Edited by ban1o

So no sneak peeks yet? I wonder if they are holding them for tomorrow? Or if they are skipping them altogether?

They are really putting an emphasis on the SECRET part.

I think the comic preview was supposed to count as a sneak peek since it is technically a scene from the episode. They either release 3 sneak peeks or 2 sneak peeks  + a comic preview. 

I honestly don't think it has much to do with keeping it a secret. I think the marketing team is just unorganized. I know for The Flash the sneak peeks are always released like a couple hours before the episode airs lol. 

Edited by ban1o

It's strange how there's so many origin stories (BC, Atom, The Flash to an extent) on a show about GREEN ARROW. 

ha yeah it's strange imo the heroes should already be established before they go on the show. Like I think the Black Canary character would work a lot better if she was an already established hero and at times teamed up with  Oliver as a recurring character. Same with the Atom if they really wanted to include him. Occasional team ups are cool but having so many heroes' origin stories on an origin story of Green Arrow is really cluttered

But to be fair The Flash origin story took up like 2 minutes on Arrow and I don't think took away anything from the show. :P 

Edited by ban1o
  • Love 1

And the cW just tweeted a LL pic. You fucking kidding me.

I don't get why it's a big deal? I mean while I think it would be smarter to promote Felicity more BECAUSE it's a Felicity centric episode, it's just one tweet. 

• Love 1

I'm sure this episode is very Felicity centric. I mean she has the flash backs, the main conflict is due to her past, the villain is her ex-boyfriend, the title has her name in it. Her mother is in the episode. All the character-centric episodes on the show have had storylines for other characters as well. I can't really get mad at that. 

I don't get why it's a big deal? I mean while I think it would be smarter to promote Felicity more BECAUSE it's a Felicity centric episode, it's just one tweet. 

Yeah and they already tweeted a picture of Felicity. 

Edited by ban1o

I had have enough of them pushing LL this past few episodes. They dont give out sneak peaks but hey lets give out LL pic ITS GREAT!

And that is all they did. One pic yipee.

Edited by Velocity23
  • Love 6

I had have enough of them pushing LL this past few episodes. They dont give out sneak peaks but hey lets give out LL pic ITS GREAT!

that's not a new pic though. It's part of the set of promo pics released a few days ago. I'm sure the sneak peeks will be released today or tomorrow. The marketing team just seems disorganized. 

Edited by ban1o

Well, they are trying to get the audience interested in Laurel/get them on her side. They don't have to do that with Felicity.

• Love 3

I'm sure this episode is very Felicity centric. I mean she has the flash backs, the main conflict is due to her past, the villain is her ex-boyfriend, the title has her name in it. Her mother is in the episode. All the character-centric episodes on the show have had storylines for other characters as well. I can't really get mad at that. 

Yeah and they already tweeted a picture of Felicity. 

I guess what I'm worried about is if they're going to force all the sub plots for the episode onto the center stage (like Corto Maltese) which will then just ruin the pacing of the episode and make it really choppy and leave less room for the development of the plot and Felicity's relationship with mama smoak (thus leading to plot holes. I mean they've already created one by making Laurel acting DA... That's just not how the system works). 

Also, how does Laurel have the time to be the DA, being in the cave at night, AND train? Hmm am I wrong when I think that there are only 24 hours in a day? One of these things would have to suffer, I would've thought it was Laurel's work at the DAs office because she's hardly ever seen there... 

Edited by wonderwall
  • Love 3

Well what it does it make me dislike Laurel even more. Since they are forcing her in every episode. People have been waiting for 2 years for a Felicity episode. Laurel had a bunch already focusing on her. I am just not here for her taking too much time from it. Then we will also have the Thea/Oliver/Malcolm storyline.

Edited by Velocity23
  • Love 5

Well what it does it make me dislike Laurel even more. Since they are forcing her in every episode.

They were going to have to bring her into the fold anyways. This is sort of exactly what I was expecting the writers to do if they wanted Laurel to become BC. KC IS the female lead (unfortunately, but that doesn't change anything). I would've hoped the writing for her bit was less contrived, but it is what it is. I just hope she doesn't boss anyone around in this episode (which is highly unlikely because she'll be the acting DA... which IDK why it's relevant because this episode is about catching the bad guys not putting them in jail)... I'm actually fully expecting the writers to make Laurel do a fantabulous job that they let her keep the position... Or maybe the current DA dies or decides to randomly quit. hmmm

Edited by wonderwall

Only speaking for myself of course and I don't mean to step in and interpret what Velocity23 meant in her post but at this point things with LL are rubbing on a raw nerve. I'm trying to just be happy that Felicity FINALLY has an episode for herself. I've been looking forward to it since she was a bit player in season one but especially since this episode was announced and the network has released very little actually about Felicity.  It's probably just my perception because like I said I'm raw with it right now but KC was promoting the hell out of the Sara episode which would Laurel's origin BC story starting point. Now it's Felicity's origin episode and very few interviews have been announced. The promos has a large amount of Laurel. The comic tease this week has Laurel. There have been very few episode stills and no sneak peek.

Of course there will be side stories in the episode and that's fine but I want for Felicity and EBR what the other characters got during their origin story weeks. And I still have TOD nightmares running through my head. So yeah, I'm not thrilled with the promotion but I'm clinging to my happy place and determined to focus on what I love about this show for this week.

Edited by Orion
  • Love 15

So i was thinking about and the quote: "you know how I feel about her" and i realized that that sentence can be both a good and bad connotation, it all depends on the tone and context.

And the comic pretty much verified that the Ex is Brother Eye!!

Edited by foreverevolving

Only speaking for myself of course and I don't mean to step in and interpret what Velocity23 meant in her post but at this point things with LL are rubbing on a raw nerve. I'm trying to just be happy that Felicity FINALLY has an episode for herself. I've been looking forward to it since she was a bit player in season one but especially since this episode was announced and the network has released very little actually about Felicity.  It's probably just my perception because like I said I'm raw with it right now but KC was promoting the hell out of the Sara episode which would Laurel's origin BC story starting point. Now it's Felicity's origin episode and very few interviews have been announced. The promos has a large amount of Laurel. The comic tease this week has Laurel. There have been very few episode stills and no sneak peek.

Of course there will be side stories in the episode and that's fine but I want for Felicity and EBR what the other characters got during their origin story weeks. And I still have TOD nightmares running through my head. So yeah, I'm not thrilled with the promotion but I'm clinging to my happy place and determined to focus on what I love about this show for this week.

Ah, I understand. I think the reason why I don't seem to fazed by it is because I have low expectations. It sucks because once upon a time in season 2 I would've been bouncing off the walls. I guess this is because I DO expect a lot of Laurel in this episode (which sucks because I really don't care for her at all). I'm severely disappointed in how the CW was handling the promotion for this episode. I would've liked a few interviews and a few more promo pics of Felicity, and a Felicity sneak peek but I guess there's nothing we can do to change that...

Like I said. I'm super worried that all the Laurel stuff will distract from the main plot of this episode. The writers better do this episode justice if they want to keep me around tbqh because this and episode 8 are the highlights of season 3a for me. 

Edited by wonderwall
  • Love 2

I'm scared that quote is about Amanda Waller. I guess I'm more scared that I bought into everything since "It started with the 3 of us ..." and now feel like a total chump.

If this is what they meant in giving Olicity, I'd rather go back to 2A please. I'd MUCH rather Team Arrow than the team spread apart and some off script angst thrown in.

OK - deep breath - getting back on topic. What do you all make of the title of 3.11?

• Love 1

I'm genuinely surprised at the amount of "No thanks" in the comments. I thought there'd be a lot more people stoked she's finally on this journey. I remember in the second half of season 2, the CW facebook (or maybe it was SA) put up a picture of Laurel and it was mostly "yay BC coming soon" or some variance of how hot she is, but now most people are like "You killed Sara for this?"

Wow.

• Love 2

I'm genuinely surprised at the amount of "No thanks" in the comments. I thought there'd be a lot more people stoked she's finally on this journey. I remember in the second half of season 2, the CW facebook (or maybe it was SA) put up a picture of Laurel and it was mostly "yay BC coming soon" or some variance of how hot she is, but now most people are like "You killed Sara for this?"

Wow.

Just because I'm not sure how this discussion falls in line with the new rules, all I'll say is yeah, I'm surprised too. Yikes.

Re: the comments on the Facebook page. I wish people would express themselves better and back up why they don't like the character. Constant hate just gets dismissed.

I'm trying to keep my expectations in check; I want to see the episode before I judge it. Still really looking forward to the episode.

• Love 1

Yeah, my lofty expectations for S3 were significantly lowered after the premiere. I'm hoping we get good stuff out of this origin episode (e.g. hints about Felicity's dad, backstory with her mom, minimal Ray asshattery, possibly some not-so-robotic Oliver/Felicity interaction, etc.) but I'm not expecting it. One thing I will say is that after all of the "Who killed Sara?" episodes, I'm glad this one seems to be more of a monster-of-the-week episode. We all are in desperate need of a break, and based on the foreign promos, looks like we'll finally get some much-needed humor courtesy of Mama Smoak. :)

• Love 4

Re: the comments on the Facebook page. I wish people would express themselves better and back up why they don't like the character. Constant hate just gets dismissed.

Oh I don't think that's true at all. They are all about the hoi polloi, social media isn't exactly known for it's well reasoned arguments. The main FB page is a quick temperature check, I think they even get more qualitative about Twitter than Facebook. 

• Love 3

The comments aren't the most erudite but there are very few in the vein of "I hope she dies" and those have few likes.    Mostly they say she's boring, or Sara died for this, or the writer is watching for Felicity's story.  The CW wanted to take the temperature of the people following Arrow on Facebook and they got it.

This.  I've been very good, I've watched episode after episode of Laurel's various storylines and plots and finally when there is an episode about Felicity, they are promoting it with Laurel pictures.

Television is a service industry; you have to give people what they enjoy or they're going to go elsewhere.

• Love 7

I absolutely don't understand why the show would post a picture of Laurel for this episode... if not Felicity, then how about Oliver? Thea?

To me, this highlights my deepest concern for this season and for the show at large - it seems like more time is being spent on Laurel's story than Oliver's.  I do not want to watch a Black Canary show, with Green Arrow as the B story.

The Facebook comments under the Laurel picture are far more negative than I would have thought.  I'd seen plenty of Laurel is becoming BC - Yay! stuff in previous weeks that these reactions took me by surprise.

I do believe the marketing department is not running on all cylinders.  It just seems like there have been more gaffes and missed opportunities this season than in previous ones.

I'm already considering sticking to the DVR-only instead of Live option for tomorrow night. While I didn't expect the full 40+ minutes of the episode to be Felicity, I certainly wasn't expecting much Laurel.  The boxing scene and Instant-DA is just too much.

Edited by writersblock51
  • Love 5

OK, her interview brought me to a happy place again, gosh darnit! HAHAHA! I really enjoy her interviews. I love and actually understood what she said about Oliver and Felicity not being in a relationship but being in a relationship all the time. And yeah, I want to see her happy so if she has some fun times with Ray, I'm fine with that, too.

• Love 2

Well, look at the person who interviewed her. That's how, haha.

I was so pissed. I mean these are real people FFS!.

Yes, they get to make out with other people for work but it still is work. Anyone who has ever been on a set would know how much of a work it is. Esp with the boom mike and boom operator literally standing on your head while you are supposedly playing tonsil hockey with a person you may have known for 5 days as a colleague. Why make it sound like they have 'oh so much fun' doing it and make it awkward with actors and their significant others.

I honestly never read entertainment journalism before Felicity/Olicity sucked me in so I had no idea about this writer. She is really terrible.

• Love 1

I feel like I have been waiting for this episode forever. Emily's interview made me excited (looking forward to the dynamic between mother/daughter & the flashbacks) but bummer it looks like Ray will have more scenes with Mama Smoak than Oliver/Diggle.

• Love 1

I feel like I have been waiting for this episode forever. Emily's interview made me excited (looking forward to the dynamic between mother/daughter & the flashbacks) but bummer it looks like Ray will have more scenes with Mama Smoak than Oliver/Diggle.

I'm trying to be excited and just focus on Felicity, but this is really bothering me. Why does it (seem like) Mama Smoak is having more scenes with a guy Felicity barely knows than with two people (Oliver/Diggle) who are like family to her? These writers really seem to have their priorities out of order.

• Love 4

I'm trying to be excited and just focus on Felicity, but this is really bothering me. Why does it (seem like) Mama Smoak is having more scenes with a guy Felicity barely knows than with two people (Oliver/Diggle) who are like family to her? These writers really seem to have their priorities out of order.

I can't agree more with this.  I just watched the first few episodes with Felicity in the lair and I have to say...the scenes with Diggle and Felicity are the best thing about the show to me in the first season.  They are so cute together and just come off as natural, immediate family.  

The writers are failing these two in that regard. 

• Love 6

I don't really care if Felicity's mom has more interactions with Ray or with Team Arrow; it's the quality of those interactions that I care about. If mom recognizes that Oliver and Diggle are special to her and involved in her life in a way that Ray isn't, I'm okay with that.

• Love 7

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Mega-Buzz-Castle-Hawaii-Five0-OITNB-1088705.aspx

Do you know anything about upcoming Arrow-Flash crossover? — Christopher

It may not be a full crossover — and you probably don't have to be watching both shows to understand what's happening — but executive producer Andrew Kreisberg says Arrow fans will definitely want to tune into The Flash's eighth episode. "We discover something about Oliver (Stephen Amell) which is probably one of the biggest secrets we've ever revealed on the show — and it happens on The Flash," Kreisberg teases.

I guess they really are going to reveal the kid. Seems strange to do it on The Flash though.

I still don't think it's the kid. That's not really "a secret" We already know about it.

But then again I could just be in denial. 

Edited by ban1o

Yeah, we do know about the pregnancy, just not the kid since it was never confirmed the baby mama kept him/her (on the show, at least). I guess the drama potential was too juicy to pass up. Then again, maybe we're wrong and it's something else, but I doubt it.