Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

Plus, Nyssa is coming in episode 4(?) to try to find out who Sara's killer is, isn't she? She'll be teaming up with Oliver, IIRC.

I'm still partial to the longest-shot prediction of the killer being Talia al Ghul, in a bid for power in the LoA or to push her sister, who will become mad with revenge, out of the League. If the show was able to get Ra's then they can, theoretically, get approval for Talia, as well. Thea makes zero sense to me and, though arguments can be made about his motives, I can't really see the killer as Malcolm.

Unless, of course, the writers go full-on the Batman Begins route and have Ra's be the one that mandated Sara's death because the reason Sara came back to Starling City was to warn Oliver that Ra's planned to destroy the whole city since, after two terrorist attacks, he now views it as a corruption that needs to be cleansed. Wasn't there a spoiler that Ra's is going to attempt to persuade Oliver to just fully become the Arrow and join him/the LoA, too? As much as this plot line would be similar to Malcolm's S1 revenge on the Glades, the writers on this show don't really care about recycling the "motivations" of their villains/heroes.

It's fun to speculate on this but, to be honest, at this point in time, I'm past the point of caring who really killed Sara because what I suspect to be the real world reasons why they ditched her character like yesterday's garbage is pretty much going to cloud any anticipation I might have for this plot line that will "loom over the whole season" or however the EPs worded that. I'm more excited about the possible character developments with Thea, Diggle, Felicity, and Oliver that are on the horizon than this murder-mystery whodunit.

• Love 2
Unless, of course, the writers go full-on the Batman Begins route and have Ra's be the one that mandated Sara's death because the reason Sara came back to Starling City was to warn Oliver that Ra's planned to destroy the whole city since, after two terrorist attacks, he now views it as a corruption that needs to be cleansed.

Well, if that's the case then I'm glad she took the time to leave Oliver with that super important bit of wisdom regarding needing people who don't wear masks in their lives the first time she saw him, haha.

• Love 1

Sara came back to see Laurel not Oliver. She didn't want her dad to know. We didn't find out why because Laurel got called away almost as soon as she arrived on the rooftop. Seems like Sara's death might be because of Laurel in more ways than one. SA said in that interview that Laurel was key.

I've been reading through all the posts since Sara was killed off (and it became clear that Laurel was going to become the Black Canary come hell or high water), and it's interesting to note that we seem to be going through the four stages of grief:  Denial, Depression, Anger, and Acceptance. 

As crazy as it seems right now, I won't be surprised if it turns out that a lot of fans do accept Laurel as the BC once she dons the costume and starts fighting (most likely after some unbelievably quick training journey, and with generous use of stunt doubles).  Let's face it, KC can pull off hostile & aggressive much better than warm & compassionate.  And superhero fans mostly love kickass females.  Of course, you'll need to hand-wave a lot of things...

Speaking of kickass females, since the EPs seem to believe that you can only have one such female on the show at a time, will Laurel's ascension to BC mean Nyssa's death?

• Love 1

As crazy as it seems right now, I won't be surprised if it turns out that a lot of fans do accept Laurel as the BC once she dons the costume and starts fighting (most likely after some unbelievably quick training journey, and with generous use of stunt doubles). Let's face it, KC can pull off hostile & aggressive much better than warm & compassionate. And superhero fans mostly love kickass females. Of course, you'll need to hand-wave a lot of things..

Replying in bitterness thread

I've been reading through all the posts since Sara was killed off (and it became clear that Laurel was going to become the Black Canary come hell or high water), and it's interesting to note that we seem to be going through the four stages of grief:  Denial, Depression, Anger, and Acceptance. 

As crazy as it seems right now, I won't be surprised if it turns out that a lot of fans do accept Laurel as the BC once she dons the costume and starts fighting (most likely after some unbelievably quick training journey, and with generous use of stunt doubles).  Let's face it, KC can pull off hostile & aggressive much better than warm & compassionate.  And superhero fans mostly love kickass females.  Of course, you'll need to hand-wave a lot of things...

Speaking of kickass females, since the EPs seem to believe that you can only have one such female on the show at a time, will Laurel's ascension to BC mean Nyssa's death?

http://forums.previously.tv/topic/16022-s03e01-the-calm/page-7#entry453584

waaay ahead of you echo ;-).. check the bottom of that post.

I have now moved to the happy stage- the one where i pretend none of that happened and Sara is still alive so i am happy as if i was high on weed :-) tasty Hot Chocolate helps alot.

I have no doubt i will be back to the not happy place on Wednesday. and i will never ever accept her death or Fakanary (i may hand-wave it because i have no power over the writers to stop them from doing that, but i will never accept it).

FYI- this is how scared i am for Felicity's life: i had a nightmare the other night where the show kills her literally five episode before the show finale. she and Oliver have finally gotten engaged, they are super content and happy, and then something happens and she dies (it may have been a car crash, that detail is a bit fuzzy) and the show ends with Fakanary and Oliver together. Married. (I may have thrown up a bit in my mouth while writing this). the positive side of that dream is that Felicity's death caused a major ratings drop, I'm talking under the 1 million number drop, I think the final episode had barely a half million viewers- but dream, fuzzy.

That's when i woke up, satisfactaly (spellcheck says it's not a word, but i like the sound of it so it's staying) smiling- cause you know.. rating revenge :-P

Edited by foreverevolving

Until the show proves otherwise, I'm going to head canon the Sara we saw die in that alley wasn't really Sara. It was a clone or a shape changer or a surprisingly identical stranger.

• Love 3

Until the show proves otherwise, I'm going to head canon the Sara we saw die in that alley wasn't really Sara. It was a clone or a shape changer or a surprisingly identical stranger.

Isn't there someone on The Flash who can multiply themselves? Maybe Sara was in Central City when the accident happened and somehow got the same type of ability (of course this one allows each multiple to live full lives even if another one dies...).

Just a stray thought, from the promo it looks like Roy Oliver and Felicity enter the lair and find Laurel already there with Sara's corpse, which elicit a few  questions: 1- did she bring her there alone? 2- How? and most importantly 3- who the F- gave her the combination?? (and why?why??)

• Love 3

Just a stray thought, from the promo it looks like Roy Oliver and Felicity enter the lair and find Laurel already there with Sara's corpse, which elicit a few questions: 1- did she bring her there alone? 2- How? and most importantly 3- who the F- gave her the combination?? (and why?why??)

Laurel and Sara probably floated to the foundry on a river of angsty, awful to watch tears.

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 5

I keep having this grotesque image in my mind of Laurel trying to sneak out casually with Sara, of course smuggling the mask in the process.

Laurel and Sara probably floated to the foundry on a river of angsty, awful to watch tears.

Yeah, we're going to get a lot of those  in next episode..:/

Now that we know that Laurel probably is becoming BC, I'm surprised that the guy playing Ted Grant isn't in more episodes.  I thought he would be a huge part of her story since he's training her and is a possible love interest, but it doesn't seem like it at this point.  At least that means it won't take up a lot of screen time, I guess.

Jake Coburn also wrote 

- Sara (2014) ... (written by)
- Streets of Fire (2014) ... (written by)
- The Promise (2014) ... (written by)
- Heir to the Demon (2014) ... (written by)
- Blast Radius (2014) ... (written by)
- League of Assassins (2013) ... (written by)
- The Undertaking (2013) ... (written by)
- The Huntress Returns (2013) ... (written by)

and Keto Shimiz wrote 

- Guilty (2014) ... (written by)
- Sara (2014) ... (written by)
- Suicide Squad (2014) ... (written by)
- Blast Radius (2014) ... (written by)
- Broken Dolls (2013) ... (written by)

http://ow.ly/i/7ckJb

309 Title is The Climb...going by this and SA's comments at NYCC about Shirtless Sword Fighting (oh no i've said to much), I'm betting they're ripping off Batman #244...The Demon Lives Again  http://batman.wikia.com/wiki/Batman_Issue_244

interesting. So like a situation where he fights Ra's Al Guhl on a mountain top and someone gets injured and he has to choose between going after them or to go chase after the bad guys? 

Well they do take a lot of stuff from Batman so I wouldn't be surprised lol. 

http://ow.ly/i/7ckJb

309 Title is The Climb...going by this and SA's comments at NYCC about Shirtless Sword Fighting (oh no i've said to much), I'm betting they're ripping off Batman #244...The Demon Lives Again  http://batman.wikia.com/wiki/Batman_Issue_244

Interesting.

You know what they say: what goes up, must come down..

so I wonder if what/who ever is climbing up, is also gonna be falling down.

i think the climb is going to be in present day, while the fall will be in the flashback...

I wanted to say it may be a Malcolm focused episode, but according to his facebook Barrowman is in the UK right now.

Didn't Amell say something about a "literal cliffhanger" at the NYCC panel? So we go into Christmas hiatus with Oliver literally hanging off a cliff, after the top of the mountain sword fighting?

And then the "comic book reason" for Oliver being shirtless is because of that Batman cover too, right?

Didn't Amell say something about a "literal cliffhanger" at the NYCC panel? So we go into Christmas hiatus with Oliver literally hanging off a cliff, after the top of the mountain sword fighting?

And then the "comic book reason" for Oliver being shirtless is because of that Batman cover too, right?

lol well I don't think he'll be literally hanging off a cliff I think it will just a fight of the mountain that ends in a cliff hanger. 

So two writers who like Laurel? Great.  Maybe Laurel is Molly, and Oliver let's Ra's go so he can save her.  (If the cliff-hanger is whether she lives or dies, I know which decision I hope Oliver makes.)

That elf John Barrowman is holding?  I've got one of those in my Christmas decorations box but it's been passed down in the family. Must be 50 years old by now. I wonder where Barrowm got it.

Edited by statsgirl

lol well I don't think he'll be literally hanging off a cliff I think it will just a fight of the mountain that ends in a cliff hanger.

If it's a literal cliffhanger (like he said), someone's hanging off a cliff in that ep.

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 1

If it's a literal cliffhanger (like he said), someone's hanging off a cliff in that ep.

that would be kinda cheesy though lol, especially if it ends with someone hanging off a cliff. We all know they will survive. I just thought by literal cliff hanger he meant like the cliffhanger took place on a cliff/mountain or that he even misused the word "literal" and just meant it was a huge cliff-hanger. 

This was his exact comment

"This year coming in to 309, we take cliffhangers and make them literal and take them to another level" 

By that I don't think he means someone is literally hanging off a cliff. 

Edited by ban1o

I've only ever seen Amell use the word "literal" when he meant it in the proper way -- if you watch this year's SDCC press room interviews with him, he's super careful with the words literal/literally -- so I'm legit expecting someone to be hanging off a cliff.

Edited by dancingnancy
  • Love 1
(edited)

So two writers who like Laurel? Great. Maybe Laurel is Molly, and Oliver let's Ra's go so he can save her. (If the cliff-hanger is whether she lives or dies, I know which decision I hope Oliver makes.)

That elf John Barrowman is holding? I've got one of those in my Christmas decorations box but it's been passed down in the family. Must be 50 years old by now. I wonder where Barrowm got it.

From what I've heard KC is flying out of Vancouver today, not sure where she's off to or how long she'll be gone but it might not be Laurel heavy. My guess would be 309 will be Oliver centric, just like 209. Edited by Morrigan2575

I've only ever seen Amell use the word "literal" when he meant it in the proper way -- if you watch this year's SDCC press room interviews with him, he's super careful with the words literal/literally -- so I'm legit expecting someone to be hanging off a cliff.

haha okay. Maybe someone will be literally hanging off a cliff. I wonder who? Oliver would be my first guess but I could see them do a damsel in distress situation. 

Edited by ban1o

They started shooting ep 309 Oct 9 and will continue through this week.  If KC is flying out now, maybe it isn't Laurel-heavy.

He attended St. Andrew's College, a pretty good prep so  he probably does mean literally.

Also, this quote

I like vocabulary and I actually read a book called 'Word Freak,' which is about a guy who basically went into competitive Scrabble for a year. But having a big vocabulary and being good at Scrabble are not the same thing.

He really is very competitive, isn't he?

( I just looked up St. Andrew's College.  Alumni include Keifer Sutherland, Lawren Harris, Timothy Findley, publisher Jack McClelland, Governor General Vincent Massy (brother of actor Raymond Massey) and John McCurdy, inventor of the aileron. Wow, that's an expectation. )

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 1

He attended St. Andrew College? Seriously my boyfriend AND cousin attended St. Andrew College!!  OMG I need to ask my cousin if any of the teachers knew Stephen Amell lol. I don't even know why I'm so excited but I am lol. 

Edited by ban1o

Some new (I think) information about the next ep from Laurel Brown: http://www.docbrowntv.com/arrow-season-3-spoilers-will-saras-death-affect-laurel-oliver-felicity/

That brutality comes up in both emotions and in practical areas. “There’s the question of what should be done with Sara’s body,” the producer says, noting that — according to the world — Sara died six years earlier. “There’s the question of who do they tell. Do they tell Lance, for example, that his daughter died a second time?”

And according to your show, Oliver threw her a back from the dead party. Keep track of your shit!

Whatever the outcomes, the process of getting through “Sara” (airing Wednesday, Oct. 15 at 8pm on The CW) could be rough for everyone — including the audience. “It’s a hard episode to watch. If you’re prone to tears or capable of crying while watching a TV show, you’ll probably be crying,” warns Guggenheim.

I hate it when producers give tissue warnings. It usually means we're in for over-the-top melodramatic emotionally manipulative crap. Ugh, I'm feeling bitter today.

• Love 12

But having a big vocabulary and being good at Scrabble are not the same thing.

I FEEL YOU STEPHEN. Sorry I have Scrabble issues, precisely for this reason, my large vocabulary means nothing in that fakakta game! Give me Big Boggle all day long.

• Love 2

He attended St. Andrew's College, a pretty good prep so  he probably does mean literally.

oh it is quite a famous prep boys' school here. His parents must be really well off because it cost as much as a decent university per year.

Well, to be fair, they never showed Sarah going to court to be declared legally undead like Oliver did! 

It doesn't matter! Are we to believe that Lance didn't take care of the first hot second he could've? That not a single one of the people who showed up at that party blabbed about her being alive? That Dinah didn't tell a single one of her colleagues or friends back in Central City that her daughter came home after five years missing? That the blonde Channel 52 anchor who reports on everything Starling City didn't pick that story up?

What does it matter if the world thinks she's dead - the only people who would wonder where she was have seen her alive!

I hope there's some explanation for that in the show. I really do.

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 4

Or that the cops that swarmed the docks at the end of 213 didn't write up Sara Lance daughter of Quentin Lance is alive in their police report? Did no one notice the blonde girl that showed up with Quentin and Laurel and the police station in 222?

• Love 1

Or that the cops that swarmed the docks at the end of 213 didn't write up Sara Lance daughter of Quentin Lance is alive in their police report? Did no one notice the blonde girl that showed up with Quentin and Laurel and the police station in 222?

Yeah, I mean, isn't that how everyone came to know she was alive? The party happened in the very next episode.

Edited by apinknightmare

Oliver Queen threw her a fucking party in episode 2x14, where Sin delivered one of the funniest lines about people coming back from the dead juices her zombie fetish. All those attending that party knew Sara was alive.

• Love 3

The more I think about this the angrier I get. I'm going to try to reserve judgment until I see how it pans out, but we have the SCPD on the crime scene at the end of 2.13 (thank you @morrigan2575 - I had forgotten to mention that), the welcome back from the dead party in 2.14, Sara's general existence in Starling City, where she was staying with Laurel, who we all know has a well-known apartment location, and she was in the police department in the finale. So, they nearly threw her in a dumpster to kill her off, and now they're going to retcon her actual existence?

Edited by apinknightmare

and she was in the police department in the finale. So, they nearly threw her in a dumpster to kill her off, and now they're going to retcon her actual existence?

Not just in the finale. She was also in the police department when Thea went missing and they were questioning Slade.

Sara also tended bar in Verdant for several weeks and unless Thea was paying her under the table (which is possible but would be a great way to loose your liquor license)  she was using her social security number to earn an income something only living people can do. 

Even if she wasn't reporting the income everyone who went to Verdant and employees know about her.

oh it is quite a famous prep boys' school here. His parents must be really well off because it cost as much as a decent university per year.

Not necessarily. I checked and the school does have some sort of a scholarship program- they don't really call it a scholarship, i don't know all i was able to understand is that they do offer some aid. I don't know what Stephen grades were or how much money his parents have, but it is possible he attended on a scholarship, at least a partial one.

BTW according to IMDB he made 30K an episode last year which is 690K for the entire season (before taxes and paying his agent and so forth). it makes me wonder how much everybody else are making - I like knowing such little tidbits- I mean he is the star so it would make sense he makes the most per episode, but than Barrowman, Blackthorne, and Thompson are industry veterans and two of them headed their own pretty successful shows.

Edited by foreverevolving