Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

I think this is the last one...

'Arrow's David Ramsey Thinks This Season Will Do For Team Arrow What Season 5 Did For Oliver
By RUSS BURLINGAME - April 12, 2018
http://comicbook.com/dc/2018/04/12/arrows-david-ramsey-season-6-make-team-arrow-better/

By the end of Arrow's fifth season, Oliver Queen (Stephen Amell) had been put through the wringer, nearly broken, and came out the other side stronger and more of a functional human being. The result was that he was able to keep cool during the "Crisis on Earth-X" invasion, get married to his longtime on-again/off-again girlfriend, and smile a bit more.

During a recent interview with ComicBook.com, Amell's co-star David Ramsey, who plays John Diggle on the series, told us that he believes that is what will happen with Team Arrow following the seemingly-unending strife in season six, which culminated with even Diggle finally leaving the team last week.

"The team has broken up before, but someplace within four to six episodes they're back together," Ramsey explained. "I think that we're really going to play this out. And to be totally frank, this is the type of thing you need in a season six or season seven of a show that goes for twenty-three episodes per season. This is what you need. You need people broken. You need real loss that's not easily fixed."
"They'll come back together -- and listen, by the way, they come back together to work together even before all things are solved," Ramsey added. "We're still after the same bad guy. It's just these teams, new Team Arrow, Oliver Queen, John Diggle with A.R.G.U.S., they feel as if there's more than one way to get them. But they come back together and work together as a unit to take down Diaz. So this isn't a situation where you have these three entities existing in the same city kind of working their own angles. They come together. But in terms of just the original Team Arrow that people have kind of fallen in love with, that will take time to kind of fix. And part of the purpose is to get Oliver on an island by the end of this episode, get him alone....So they're taking our heroes to a very secluded place."

Edited by tv echo

Sigh. The more David talks, the more I want him to not talk. That's no shade against him, BTW. I think he deserves a raise for having to put a good spin on things and make sense out of non-sense. His efforts have been valiant. But the more he talks, the more I find myself hating, resenting, and dreading this storyline. I don't want to see Team Arrow come back together, so his assurances that they will, even before they resolve their issues, are just pissing me off.

Edited by KenyaJ
  • Love 14

But in terms of just the original Team Arrow that people have kind of fallen in love with, that will take time to kind of fix. And part of the purpose is to get Oliver on an island by the end of this episode, get him alone....So they're taking our heroes to a very secluded place."

Why, why, why are the putting him back on an “island”? They just wrapped up five seasons worth of having Oliver on a real/metaphorical island and now they’re doing it again after he’s shown real growth this season.

He’s been alone, with a small team, with a slightly bigger team, with a ridiculously large team and now back to alone...again.  

And to be totally frank, this is the type of thing you need in a season six or season seven of a show that goes for twenty-three episodes per season. This is what you need. You need people broken. You need real loss that's not easily fixed."

The problem that I have with this is, haven’t we already seen the concept of broken people experiencing real loss pretty much every season since the show began? The only difference that I see in season 6 is that the story they’re selling makes far less sense. 

David is doing the best he can to explain the inexplicable plot logic behind what they’re doing, but these interviews are really not helping my level of enthusiasm for what’s coming next.

• Love 2

Does this mean the writers are doubling down on their stupidity into S7?

Are they hoping to hit a 0.2? I know they don't care about ratings but at this point they show might do better if they just show the cast going to have drinks at a cat cafe for 40 mins or something! 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Hiveminder said:

If Oliver’s shirts feel that they can’t be their best selves with Oliver, then I really think that they should get some distance, take some time, and just figure out where they are in life. Maybe one day they can come back and be part of the team again, and maybe Oliver will just have to adjust to not having his shirts there when he needs them anymore. 

@Hiveminder, this ranks among my favorite posts of all time. Thank you!

1 hour ago, Hiveminder said:

If Oliver’s shirts feel that they can’t be their best selves with Oliver, then I really think that they should get some distance, take some time, and just figure out where they are in life. Maybe one day they can come back and be part of the team again, and maybe Oliver will just have to adjust to not having his shirts there when he needs them anymore. 

Agreed. Also if Felicity's shirts decide they need some emotional space at the same time as Oliver's shirts do when Oliver and Felicity are together...that's fine also. 

• Love 5
43 minutes ago, kes0704 said:

The problem that I have with this is, haven’t we already seen the concept of broken people experiencing real loss pretty much every season since the show began? The only difference that I see in season 6 is that the story they’re selling makes far less sense. 

Right. Like, was Robert killing him self in front of Oliver not real loss? Were Shado, and Tommy, and Moira, and Sara, and Sara again, and Sara also again, and Laurel, and thinking he would never see his son again, and thinking he lost Felicity (multiple times), and Roy having to leave, and Akio, and Slade going cray, and his friendship with Anatoly, and multiple people he trusted betraying him not losses?

We’ve seen Oliver alone. We’ve seen him lose people. We’ve seen the other characters lose people. It’s old. It’s tedious.  

Do you know what season 7 with 23 episodes needs? Something new. 

• Love 11
15 minutes ago, Mary0360 said:

Agreed. Also if Felicity's shirts decide they need some emotional space at the same time as Oliver's shirts do when Oliver and Felicity are together...that's fine also. 

If Felicity’s shirts need some time, then Oliver’s shirts would be happy to be there for her because Felicity and Oliver’s shirts have their own relationship completely independent of Oliver. Felicity and Oliver’s shirts have been there for each other, and just because Oliver’s shirts can’t be there for Oliver anymore doesn’t mean Felicity doesn’t have a place in their life. 

Edited by Hiveminder
15 minutes ago, KenyaJ said:

They knew we didn't want to watch next week and they put that Olicity kiss in the promo to make us!

It's not airing in NY until Sunday next week (ugh, baseball), and I was actually considering just waiting until Friday when it's online, but that may have gotten me. 

• Love 1
25 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

Is 6-21  the same episode that the Human Target was filming in?

Yep. HUMAN TARGET IS GOING TO BE PRETENDING TO BE A RESURRECTED TOMMY WHO TESTIFIES AGAINST OLIVER (ETA: this is a crack theory I posted last week, I am not being serious)

Edited by apinknightmare
4 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

Why do we think against Oliver?  

Oh it’s just a crack theory. I don’t think it’ll happen. I was just thinking of some far-fetched way Diaz could mess with him. Since Colin’s back that seemed like the best way. 

HT as Tommy makes the least and most sense lol. But what if it's Earth 2 Tommy? Could they have filmed out of order to accommodate Colin? Maybe he comes to take Siren back home.

45 minutes ago, insomniadreams88 said:

It's not airing in NY until Sunday next week (ugh, baseball), and I was actually considering just waiting until Friday when it's online, but that may have gotten me. 

Again? And I'm a Yankees fan but, screw that I've got YES!

• Love 2
Just now, Chaser said:

He said in S7 we can expect a new hairstyle, an all around new hairstyle (motions all over his face).

He can talk big but he's crazy if he thinks he and production will have enough patience for keeping that "hairstyle" for more than a month.

• Love 6

This episode was so good. So Chase's body is still on the island, I feel like this is something that can come up again if they wanted. 

Eww I am not here for nasty old man looking Oliver. Unless the season ends with him in jail and that's why his hair/face is a mess in season 7. 

• Love 1
46 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

After tonight's ep, Felicity still working with Curtis doesn't bother me (since I'm assuming she's going to be working on a bunch of tech to help Oliver in the field). I get why she'd overlook his behavior for that. 

Same. I still don't love it, but Felicity would do anything and work with anyone to keep Oliver safe, even the jackass who disabled Diggle's chip. Also, I was thinking a few weeks ago about how much I want a Felicity spinoff about a secret, off-the-books division of Smoak Tech that designs tech for superheroes, so I would kind of love it if that's what she and Curtis are doing next week.

• Love 11
10 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

Damn. That van dyke is gonna make SA like 50% less attractive, possibly more. All for a few fanboys? LMAO. I hope it lasts exactly one episode. 

You have to have a specific bone structure to look even half way decent with that style. He doesn’t have it. 

5 minutes ago, calliope1975 said:

The only acceptable scenario. 

And after she shaves it they have sex. Start the season off right.

• Love 9

Why are they looking angsty???

I am worried!!!! Is this the ep where he has a bloody face? Or the one after?

So angst first and then kiss?

I was going to take a break with this ep and they drop the damn kiss in the trailer!!! 

• Love 1
56 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

I am worried!!!! Is this the ep where he has a bloody face? Or the one after?

SA's only in that scene above in 619 according to him, so he gets beat up in 620. This is probably one of the scenes in the very beginning and then we get the Diaz plot with Felicity's 2-3 other scenes doing her company thing featuring Curtis.

• Love 1

Ok, does anyone else feel like we may end the season with Oliver going to prison? My original thought was that he's outed as GA, but now I feel like he may be spending hiatus in jail. SA said next season his hair/facial hair would be different, that could tie into him being released in 7x01/7.02 (maybe they do that supermax arc MG mentioned a while back), he mentioned getting the evidence from GA at his meeting,Felicity said the evidence could hurt him, and seems like he's been trying to reach out to Watson for a deal. I'm probably way off, but ending the year in jail would be something they've never done.

• Love 3
14 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

They look so angsty but we know their relationship is fine so it's weird they look so angsty. Are they setting up for a "3D has your spouse, what are you going to do to save them?" plot?

I didn't get angsty from that, just emotional. I assume Oliver is trying to assure Felicity that he'll be okay on his own and she's scared and trying to convince him why it's ridiculous not to have her on tech support.

• Love 9
17 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

They look so angsty but we know their relationship is fine so it's weird they look so angsty. Are they setting up for a "3D has your spouse, what are you going to do to save them?" plot?

If anything, given the reason they look emotional, they’re setting up Oliver getting really hurt in the field because he has no backup. 

12 minutes ago, KenyaJ said:

I didn't get angsty from that, just emotional. I assume Oliver is trying to assure Felicity that he'll be okay on his own and she's scared and trying to convince him why it's ridiculous not to have her on tech support.

Yep, and that probably sets up her subplot for that episode for working on her company.

I am fretting about the end of this season! I don't like it! Especially with the threat of jail!!!!! They can't be snuggly or happy if one of them is in jail! And even Felicity is stating to look stressed at the end of this ep with Oliver's decision to go at it alone (which oddly enough I kinda get even if I don't agree with).

Gahhhhhhhhhh Are they going to continue this trajectory of making Oliver miserable forever!!!!???

Just now, apinknightmare said:

Yes - they don't know how to do anything else. 

This is why I feel mopey! With the cast looking so happy at the most recent Con optimistic me was hoping maybe S7 would be less awful and about making Oliver miserable! But nooooooo NOOOOOOOO

Even Felicity, sunny Felicity is starting to look miserable next ep and if her husband is in jail we are just going to get a show full of miserable people!!!!!!!

Only BS will be happy rampaging around with her boots and smirks, making out with weird little men!