Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

(edited)

Yeah I honestly don't think this is done so that Dinah can be the main partner or something. Imo it's literally just so Oliver is isolated and has a reason to be miserable since MG doesn't think he can be heroic any other way.It will probably be put behind them the same as everything with the newbies once the team gets back together.And SA almost always says Oliver is more like the comics GA at some point every single season.And usually he seems to mean he cracks a few jokes or something while people worry he means GA/BC or the goatee lol

Edited by tangerine95
  • Love 2
53 minutes ago, tv echo said:

Given some fan speculation that Dinah will become Oliver's right-hand person on the team in S7 (instead of Diggle), I felt the need to reassure myself with the following...

-- MG: "Oliver's now married to someone who's not the Black Canary or ever will be the Black Canary. And I just don't think there's any desire on our parts to tell a story about Oliver cheating on his wife." Geekvibes guy said he understood why they didn't want to go down the story line of Oliver cheating on his wife. MG: "I can't think of a quicker way to get the internet to hate me more than it already does. And that's really saying something." (Feb. 14, 2018 Geekvibes Nation article & podcast, page 13 of Spoilers thread)

Where's this speculation coming from? Well, Diggle has quit the team to join ARGUS, and DR said that it was a "firm choice" and a "major, fundamental move." Also, there were fan reports from Awesome Con about SA saying that S7 will have more classic and traditional elements from the GA comics on the show.

Right hand person doesnt equal lover though.

• Love 1
25 minutes ago, Primal Slayer said:

Right hand person doesnt equal lover though.

Right hand person also doesnt equal someone who will question you all the time.

11 minutes ago, Trisha said:

Wut.

Did she heard the whole convo? Because its whats happening right now on the show. 

• Love 1
(edited)

Yeah, I'd wait for context before freaking out tbh. Not to say it isn't possible on this show lol.

It may just be that Diggle and team assholes don't go back to teaming with him. I'll be upset over Digg but not the other three.

Edited by JJ928
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, JJ928 said:

Yeah, I'd wait for context before freaking out tbh. Not to say it isn't possible on this show lol.

Yeah, me too. It could mean anything. My first thought was prison.

• Love 1
Just now, KenyaJ said:

Yeah, me too. It could mean anything. My first thought was prison.

My first thought was NTA remained their own team, Digg stays with Argus, and Felicity is kidnapped. I would hate this scenario too.

Can we pick someone? My guess is Lance but I‘d prefer Rene or even BS (even though I don’t think they’ll kill her a second time) 

I think Lance will die and BS will help killing Diaz to avenge Lance. Maybe. 

I'm so confused, haha. Does he mean Diggle will be with ARGUS for just a couple of episodes or is this something that will stretch into s7 and by that I mean 701. ?

I know he's been filming in his Spartan gear but that doesn't necessarily mean he's back with the team, I guess?

1 minute ago, bijoux said:

My guess is a few episodes. Seriously, I think it’s not a good choice for his marriage to have him working at ARGUS.

Maybe that’s why Lyla comes back for another episode - she realizes that and decides to get the boys back together for the sake of her marriage. 

• Love 2
9 minutes ago, bijoux said:

My guess is a few episodes. Seriously, I think it’s not a good choice for his marriage to have him working at ARGUS.

Yeah, I can't imagine it would be much longer. It makes him pretty isolated from everything/everyone else otherwise.

I found this:

If you read the thread you can see that even the actors know none of this makes sense.

1 minute ago, Belinea said:

I don’t understand, does he mean everyone who leaves Oliver will be back in season 7 (with him) or that everyone of the cast will be back in Season 7? 

I think he means everyone minus the person who dies will be back as a cast member in season 7. 

(edited)

IDK? I'm assuming he means the team will be back together in s7? I guess part of me is glad they're not doing a quick and easy fix of the newbies leaving but I'm annoyed they've done this to Diggle and OTA. 

My money is still on Quentin dying but who even knows at this point?

Edited by Guest
(edited)

So if the season ends with Oliver all alone, I still believe that doesn't at all mean an Olicity break up.  Just some reason why Felicity isn't there.  It is her turn to not be in Star City or next to Oliver at the end of the season.  So kidnapping, extortion, jail, business opportunity, sent away for her protection, mystery reason that we don't find out until the start of next season.  That last one is also likely to apply even if they did imply she's taking a break.  

Of course the season ending with Oliver alone could just mean that the episode ends with him on a stage by himself giving a stupid announcement to the press.  

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 1

If there's any villain in the history of the show that doesn't need to stick around, it's Diaz's dumb ass. I can't imagine they'd end the season with a total loss, so either he gets defeated or he goes into hiding conveniently until October. 

As for Oliver being alone, I'm guessing he winds up in jail. And that NTA's ~redemption might come in the form of them saving the day for the city without Oliver while he's on trial/in jail. Hopefully I'm wrong! Because that sounds like total balls. 

• Love 10
(edited)

If Oliver is alone where does that leave William?

Also, isn’t it sad that DR mentions that he doesn’t  understand the storyline either and asks for it to make sense? I know actors act and writers write but after all these years maybe they could take valid points into consideration... 

Edited by Belinea
  • Love 7
1 minute ago, Belinea said:

Haven‘t  they technically done that at the end of S3 and S4 already? 

I don't recall it ever being admitted so blatantly like this, though. DR reveals spoilers all of the time but usually for the end of the season makes more general statements (like the whole "we break up to get back together" or "someone has to die every year" comments they also are saying he said). I just don't get the thought process of "let me reveal this thing no one was guessing for the very end of the season ha ha everyone's going to find out anyway." 

2 minutes ago, Belinea said:

Also, isn’t it sad that DR mentions that he doesn’t work understand the storyline either and asks for it to make sense? I know actors act and writers write but after all these years maybe they could take valid points into consideration... 

I'd love to be around for that conversation, just to hear the writers' response. 

6 minutes ago, Belinea said:

If Oliver is alone where does that leave William?

With Felicity?

I'm pretty sure that it's Lance who dies especially because Sara comes back but Iso badly want it to be Rene.  And Dinah. There need to be consequences for the way they've been behaving.

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

If there's any villain in the history of the show that doesn't need to stick around, it's Diaz's dumb ass. 

This X 1,000,000+ 

Then again it seems NTA is sticking around - so the real villains of this season will be back anyway.   

If someone has to die I much prefer that Lance get carted off to an asylum (his fake daughter can go with him to sit by his bedside) and one of the three noobies dies.  There are too many masks and it pulls down the quality of everything - including the fight scenes - on the show.

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, Belinea said:

I feel for him, I really do. 

Me too. Any other season I would've been okay with it since he had several moments of jackassery. But this season it just doesn't fit. Hopefully it eases a bit of his heartburn that most people seem to be on his side. 

• Love 12
(edited)

When not even SA is trying to justify the writing,you know it's really bad.Seriously these writers are so weird.I remember season 5 and literally wanting Oliver to alienate everyone because he was being such a jerk and instead we get scenes like where he kills Billy and everyone runs to hug him while Felicity stands alone.He was killing and no one even said anything apart from Thea once.He was risking the team getting exposed by protecting Susan and the show painted him as noble while blaming Felicity and Thea.And now when he's never been more stable and mature,when he's being forgiving and trying to do things right we get everyone treating him like the worst person ever.It's just really out of touch even for this show.

Edited by tangerine95
  • Love 18
1 minute ago, apinknightmare said:

Sad thing is that could totally be true and this is all they managed to come up with.

Good point. They really are just terrible writers. ?

(edited)
7 minutes ago, Trisha said:

She followed up with 

Did the panel happen already?  She seems to have gotten quite a bit of one-on-one time with DR.  Which could be the case - DR does like to share.  

Edited by Mrs. de Winter
Just now, Trisha said:

Panel is on now. This girl is live tweeting

So he's definitely gonna tell the city he's Green Arrow, right?

39 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

I'm pretty sure that it's Lance who dies especially because Sara comes back but Iso badly want it to be Rene.  And Dinah. There need to be consequences for the way they've been behaving.

If all this was done to make NTA look good, TPTB have failed miserably. You would think they would be making progress against the villains on their own, but they are incompetent and even worse, fine with attacking OTA with axes. 

12 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

"Planned from the beginning." YEAH RIGHT. ??

Maybe it was from the beginning of when they started writing the episode? Heh, probably not, but this is the best they could do. Sigh.

4 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

So he's definitely gonna tell the city he's Green Arrow, right?

Absolutely.

I am not a fan. With better writers, this could be interesting, but look at who were dealing with. 

• Love 2

I never wanted Oliver to reveal himself as the Green Arrow.  With the quality of the writing this season, I want it even less.

I guess the EPs really do want s7 to be their last. Like a Star Trek series.