Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

On the forefront I think it's going to be Oliver, Diggle and Felicity. Right behind them will probably be Laurel, Roy. Behind them probably Quentin, and Sara or Thea and Malcolm... 

hmm.

All I know is that the golden trio are going to be in the forefront and that's all that matters to me. 

Edited by wonderwall

Lying Liars that Lie …. Lol

At first I thought they would go for a stacked/ordered look like last year, but I think we will get something more scattered. Think TVD season 5. I think that would solve the placement problem (I think) they may have - where do we place Team Arrow, should Felicity or Laurel be closer to Oliver, should Sara be there and so forth. 

I want two photos to address the identity crisis theme. Have one photo where everyone is 'suited' up: Oliver, Roy, Sara (hopefully) are suited up, Diggle is sporting a Leather Jacket and gun, Felicity has her tech, Lance is in his uniform, put Laurel in a power suit. Have a second one with everyone is in civilian clothes, so to speak.

• Love 1

I've been looking up various sites but I can't find anything that says that Thea was convicted of criminal charges.  Oliver asked Laurel for help and she got her father to call in some favours and Thea ended up with community service and probation. That suggests a misdemeanor rather than a criminal charge.

I'm pretty sure Thea managed to slip in as a minor since the accident happened slightly before her eighteenth birthday.  So nothing on her adult record.   

I'm hoping the it will just be Team Arrow with a similar version of the shot of Ra's in the SDCC promo, lingering in the back ground, and maybe Ray/Routh too, for as much as they seem to be pimping him/paying him? I could maybe see Malcolm/Thea, but those are the only story lines that have gotten consistent teases, and the cast is so bloated I can't imagine them fitting everybody in w/o sending a muddled message. Still I'd love it if they have Black Canary prominently on there and just leave Laurel off entirely. Hee.

Plus hell Sam worked at Cheers, as long as they have Laurel mention something similar to Sam's rationale I honestly give no fucks.

Damn...I was gonna say that.

As for order...I think it'd be Oliver flanked by Felicity, Laurel, then Roy and Diggle (or Sara) and then Malcolm Thea.

Edited by wingster55

Lying Liars that Lie …. Lol

At first I thought they would go for a stacked/ordered look like last year, but I think we will get something more scattered. Think TVD season 5. I think that would solve the placement problem (I think) they may have - where do we place Team Arrow, should Felicity or Laurel be closer to Oliver, should Sara be there and so forth. 

yeah I think it will be a scattered too. Sadly I think Paul Blackthorn will be gone again. I  don't think Sara will be in it since she's in so  few episodes. I think Ray Palmer might be on it though. 

scattered Kinda like this... except more action-like..and arrow like. 

revenge-creator-dishes-on-major-death-in

OH CAN WE ALL MAKE A BET AND SEE WHOSE THEORY GETS THE CLOSEST?!?!

WINNER GETS ALL THE GLORY!

haha yes I agree! 

Edited by ban1o

I really really like really don't want Oliver flanked by Felicity and Laurel.  It would run the risk of looking like a love triangle and that Felicity and Laurel were in competition with each other. 

I hope Team Arrow takes lead. If they do go a similar route as last year, I could see them dividing it. On his right, the good guys and on his left, the bad ones. Order from the right: Team Arrow(either Diggle or Felicity next to him) and so forth. On the bad side, I would love if Thea next to him.

My vote is still Scattered though. I hope so too because I think they look better.

• Love 6
I really really like really don't want Oliver flanked by Felicity and Laurel.  It would run the risk of looking like a love triangle and that Felicity and Laurel were in competition with each other.

Indirectly...they kind of are. 

Scattered could be cool.

Indirectly...they kind of are. 

Scattered could be cool.

Noooooooooooooooooo :p

I really hope that what Stephen Amell said about Oliver and Laurel never becoming romantic again is true. Because man, would that love triangle suck SO HARD. I'm pretty sure no one wants it. 

• Love 3

The fans view them in competition/in a love triangle. But I don't think the EPs do. 

If I remember correctly the Eps talked about them being friends and the only love triangle mentioned was Ray/Felicity/Oliver (and that was to an extent).

I really really like really don't want Oliver flanked by Felicity and Laurel.  It would run the risk of looking like a love triangle and that Felicity and Laurel were in competition with each other.

Sing it.

I wonder if Sara will be there since CL is recurring and not a regular.  Nable may be in the publicity shots but I don't think  he'll be in the main picture.

My guess is Team Arrow (Oliver, Diggle and Felicity) prominent, Laurel and Quentin in one grouping, Thea and Malcolm in another, Roy somewhere in the middle.

• Love 1

I don't think any triangle will be on the poster, the only reason I tolerated season 1 was that even when they had this triangle between Tommy, Laurel and Oliver, it never really felt like one. Probably because Oliver gave them his blessings as a couple and then dated two women (Helena and McKenna) during that period. He was with Felicity an awful lot of time and with Shado in the flashbacks, so it never really felt that he was pinning for Laurel or anything. The only time it felt like a triangle was when they were hooking up prior to the Undertaking and Tommy was seeing it all from the window.

I think the triangle between Oliver/Felicity/Ray would be very subtle, like it was with Barry and in episode 2x06 with Isabel. No one actually came out and said anything loudly and clearly. The Oliver outburst in episode 2x10 was after Barry was comatose so that really did not count as an active triangle thing. Felicity and Sara were friends so they did not go there as well. I think Arrow has been pretty decent with the whole triangle thing except for that ghastly and vomit inducing sister swap which mercifully happened in the past.

Edited by TanyaKay
  • Love 3

I don't want any hint of a love triangle on the poster. As much as I love Olicity, I am also cool with them leaving hints of that off the poster. 

I want a Team dynamic with an us vs them vibe. And if they could reference identity, that would also be awesome.

• Love 6

I think only series regulars will be on the Arrow poster and Lotz is a recurring therefore it i highly unlikely that she will be in the poster.

@ban1o, Lotz has been signed for 5 episodes in the first half of the 3rd season since they haven't even planned things for the second half (The EPs just know what the broad storyline will be for the second half of this season). And with the League becoming prominent in the second half along with Sara's flashbacks, I think we will see more of Sara in the second half of this season.

The O/L/T was one of the reasons I stopped watching Arrow in that first season. Whenever they highlighted it, I was slapped in the face with all the CW-ish-ness of it all. It didn't help that I wasn't invested in any pairing involved. 

Please take note EPs: make it subtle, don't make it too serious with Ray/Felicity and don't stop building the Oliver/Felicity relationship. Make it believable.

Was Slade ever considered a regular or just recurring? He was on the cast photo last year. 

Edited by 10Eleven12
  • Love 1

I think only series regulars will be on the Arrow poster and Lotz is a recurring therefore it i highly unlikely that she will be in the poster.

@ban1o, Lotz has been signed for 5 episodes in the first half of the 3rd season since they haven't even planned things for the second half (The EPs just know what the broad storyline will be for the second half of this season). And with the League becoming prominent in the second half along with Sara's flashbacks, I think we will see more of Sara in the second half of this season.

mm are you sure?  I think she has to film a movie or something in the second half. I think the 5 episodes is for the whole season. I think they just said if she was available she might be in a few more episodes.   I mean they signed Ray on for 16 episodes. 

Edited by ban1o

I know Ra's isn't going to be the shot, but I hope he is referenced in the promo. Maybe a shadow looming over them or in distance? Its cliche, but done right it could be really cool.

I actually love every single one of your ideas for the poster. :) 

Edited by ban1o

I don't have any info about any movie that she will be filming during the second half of the season. She has filmed two movies after Arrow season 2.

Lotz is already in 3 episodes till episode 6. And I bet she will be in episode 9, that makes it 4 episodes. And maybe another episode somewhere in between, which will make it 5 episodes before second half. And in the second half the LOA will be prominent and the EPs have talked about doing her flashbacks.  Also the EPs have said that Sara plays a very important role this season. Everything that happens in the long arc of the season happens due to her and around her and her story is how she navigates through these situations. So adding these data, it would be logical that the 5 episodes are for the first half only.

Edited by abhi

@ban1o - Thanks! I get really excited about the cast shoots. I actually look more forward to them than the trailers. Go figure :-)

I know what you mean! I really look forward to cast-photo-shoots as well! Hopefully the posters are released soon! 

Edited by ban1o
  • Love 1

Regarding the ownership of Verdant - there was a scene last season where Isabel came to the club and evicted Thea as manager and told Thea that Verdant was a corporate asset of Queen Consolidated.  It's possible that with Isabel's death, QC is in disarray and its stock is plummeting, which prompts Ray Palmer to step in as a white knight and acquire QC.  As part of QC's restructuring, he could sell off some of its 'unnecessary' corporate assets, including Verdant.  Or QC could go into bankruptcy, whereby Ray buys the major corporate assets and some of the secondary assets, like Verdant, are sold cheaply like in a sheriff's sale type situation.  

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2

But as far as running the club, the biggest difference between Laurel and Thea is that Laurel already has another full time job in the DA's office. Running Verdant was Thea's full time job, and as far as I could tell she wasn't going to college either. Maybe Laurel co-signed or something to get the building back (and thus get the Arrow cave back) so she might technically be considered a part-owner, but I'll be really surprised if she's actually running the club. And from the spoiler about the new DJ boyfriend, I think maybe Thea's going to be back running the club sooner than we might have expected.

I wonder if running the club will be Thea's secret identity while she works with Merlyn. Oliver thinks he's got his kid sister back and safe, and meanwhile she's working against him with Malcolm Merlyn.

Regarding the ownership of Verdant - there was a scene last season where Isabel came to the club and evicted Thea as manager and told Thea that Verdant was a corporate asset of Queen Consolidated.  It's possible that with Isabel's death, QC is in disarray and its stock is plummeting, which prompts Ray Palmer to step in as a white knight and acquire QC.  As part of QC's restructuring, he could sell off some of its 'unnecessary' corporate assets, including Verdant.  Or QC could go into bankruptcy, whereby Ray buys the major corporate assets and some of the secondary assets, like Verdant, are sold cheaply like in a sheriff's sale type situation.  

That makes sense.  Why would the new owners of QC want a broken-down foundry in the worst part of town?  Even if it has a night club.

Everything is going well and Oliver thinks he can have everything -- he can still be a regular person and also the Green Arrow. He realizes that maybe he can't, and maybe Diggle should actually be that person who goes off and has the family that doesn't sacrifice himself for the team. Diggle doesn't take that very well because he sees the crusade as just as important to him now as it does to Oliver. ... That type of theme will be repeated throughout the first few episodes."

That sounds interesting... Oliver thinks he can't have a normal life but maybe he can have one vicariously through Diggle and that's another reason for pushing Diggle out of the Team.

Is the poster from Errol Flynn's Robin Hood?

Wow, that's kind of disappointing.  pretty boring for Felicity, who like bright colours and extremes.  A beige couch and taupe walls?

Maybe if they had made the throw a bright lemon yellow and made the rug and the giant vase brighter colours....  and more books on the bookshelf (because I see her as the kind of person who never has enough bookshelf space), and moved the sofa in to face the TV screen, instead of the two sofas facing each other. Right now, it's set up for parties and conversation rather than an IT girl who lives alone and has a double life.   (Is that tropical plant going to get enough light there?

I was hoping for something like they did for Beckett on Castle, full of curios and colour and interesting things.

• Love 2

Maybe before Oliver and team arrow Felicity moved around a lot which is why her apartment looks so normal and not vibrant like Felicity?

IDK I hope there's a reason why it's so underwhelming.

But I do like the Robin Hood poster! I love Felicity's sense of humor lol 

Edited by wonderwall

I'm pretty sure I have that same plant, it's a fake one from IKEA- so no need to worry about watering it. 

I actually don't mind Felicity's apartment? EBR actually gave an interview about how she thinks Felicity's apartment would look like October of last year...:

Is there a chance that we could follow Felicity home this season?
That's something I've said. I would really like to see her apartment, and that's because I know she wouldn't like my apartment, because it's too crazy. I feel like her's would be crisp and clean, kind of like how she did the Foundry with that white light. I don't know. There's no set for it and I haven't really heard anything. I think that got out there because I said how I'd wanted it to be. (Laughs.) But I did see that [executive producer] Marc [Guggenheim] tweeted about [Felicity's] parents and that's really important to me that one of those two things happen.

So not exactly like how she pictured it, but it's not crazy like she thought Felicity wouldn't like either? 

• Love 1