Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

I would like nothing more for them to acknowledge WTF that relationship was about.

I don't think it's a dream sequence because, like someone mentioned above, The CW would have their offices torched. I'm persuaded to go with Layla just gave birth, happy feelings all around, now KISS.

Can we just talk about Laurel beating someone up In. A. Hospital. Bed. If this is the way Laurel is going I am all behind it. If she decides to make her own kind of justice and drop this goody two shoes thing I am there people.

And Thea!! She looked scared slicing with that sword. Can't wait folks.

...hang on where's Diggle?

BTW, that doesn't look like first kiss body language Felicity is sporting.

Yeah, if Laurel's gonna be out sucker punching people in hospital beds (I mean seriously, the guy has a cast on), dispensing her own shady kind of justice, I could get behind that. Although it should at some point have ramifications on her job, because she's just doing it right out there where everyone can see? Not smart. Apart from the fact that I have absolutely no interest in do-gooder Laurel (my friend calls her Snorel), I don't buy it for a second. Every time I see that clip of the punch, I laugh. Not in a "this-is-so-ridiculous" way (even though it IS ridiculous), it's just such a punk-ass thing to do that I'm genuinely amused by it.

As for Oliver and Felicity, I'm still really surprised that they're (almost) kissing, because those are the faces of people who are all in. I always thought Felicity would back off because she didn't think Oliver was serious, but she doesn't seem to hesitate for a second in that clip (and like the others mentioned, that doesn't seem like their first kiss?). Now I'm back to thinking she's going to tell him she's going to move on with her life when he breaks it off. That scene is going to be harder to watch than I thought, after seeing this.

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 2

As for Oliver and Felicity, I'm still really surprised that they're (almost) kissing, because those are the faces of people who are all in. I always thought Felicity would back off because she didn't think Oliver was serious, but she doesn't seem to hesitate for a second in that clip (and like the others mentioned, that doesn't seem like their first kiss?). Now I'm back to thinking she's going to tell him she's going to move on with her life when he breaks it off. That scene is going to be harder to watch than I thought, after seeing this.

Right? I think for Olicity fans this season is going to be what Ron said in Prisoner of Azkaban, "You're gonna suffer, but you're gonna be happy."

• Love 6

Dosed by Vertigo's willpower drug maybe? Doesn't make it any less real since it's obviously what they both want.

I'm not convinced it's a willpower drug. I know that was the initial description but I wonder if they changed it when they went to Vertigo?  Maybe they were aiming for a different character (like with Ted Kord) and DC was no you can't have Scarecrow...so they went back to Vertigo?  I guess I'm saying I just wonder if they changed directions?  Especially since they seem to be going with Oliver hallucinating Arrow (coming face to face (literally) with a version of himself that scares the crap out of him.)

Felicity's arms don't seem all in. Meaning while Oliver is full on grabbing her face, her hands/arms are kind of taken by surprise and half way there.

She's just changing her hold on him though-it looks like she had her hands wrapped around his elbows and is sliding her fingers up to grip his wrists. There isn't anything about her face or body language that looks like she's surprised by what he's doing.

• Love 3

Dosed by Vertigo's willpower drug maybe? Doesn't make it any less real since it's obviously what they both want.

It does make it less real if one or both of them isn't in their right mind to consent, whether it's what they subconsciously/consciously want or not. I want this to be face value, I'm so tired of thinking everything with the two of them is a trick, haha. That being said, I am prepared that this might not be what it looks like.

• Love 2

I have to admit that I'm a sucker for the hands-cupped-around-the-face type kiss.  And Oliver doesn't do it in a grabby way, but in a careful way that implies tenderness for Felicity.

More thoughts on the "business partners" comment.  Look, I don't know what they mean.  But if it is a real business, then Laurel could have a small inheritance from a grandparent.  Or the amounts she and Oliver each invest could be small amounts, along with a third partner who invests a larger amount - say, in a boxing gym with, say, Ted Grant.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

I have to admit that I'm a sucker for the hands-cupped-around-the-face type kiss. And Oliver doesn't do it in a grabby way, but in a careful way that implies tenderness for Felicity.

More thoughts on the "business partners" comment. Look, I don't know what they mean. But if it is a real business, then Laurel could have a small inheritance from a grandparent. Or the amounts she and Oliver each invest could be small amounts, along with a third partner who invests a larger amount - say, in a boxing gym with, say, Ted Grant.

I'm a sucker for the face-cupping kiss too, and yeah. He's being tender, not grabbing her.

If Oliver and Laurel are literal business partners, I'll find it ridiculous anyway so to me it doesn't really matter where she got the money to go in.

I don't think the "business partners" thing is literal. I'm pretty sure it just refers to Oliver and Laurel working together to clean up the city, her in the DA's office and him as the vigilante, the whole "he catches and she puts them away" thing. Yeah I'm sure it's not legal, but after they made Laurel be involved with Moira's trial I'm not expecting any shred of realism from this show regarding Laurel and legal stuff.

(edited)

I don't think the "business partners" thing is literal. I'm pretty sure it just refers to Oliver and Laurel working together to clean up the city, her in the DA's office and him as the vigilante, the whole "he catches and she puts them away" thing. Yeah I'm sure it's not legal, but after they made Laurel be involved with Moira's trial I'm not expecting any shred of realism from this show regarding Laurel and legal stuff.

I really don't get the confusion, the whole business partners thing comes from a line in the SDCC trailer where Oliver/Laurel are walking towards Captain Lance's Press Conference and she mentions "Who would have thought we'd end up Business Partners".  When the EPs talk about the "new" (for the 3rd time) dynamic between O/L they mention the whole you catch 'em I cook 'em aspect of their relationship.  It seems pretty obvious that's what they're talking about as far as business partners, hell I wouldn't be surprised if the catch em cook em line is actually in the scene.  

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 4

Just for the record - there isn't any confusion on the "business partners" line as the EPs have presented it at all. Oliver catches the criminals, Laurel prosecutes them. I think I might have been the one to make it confusing because I expressed my worry that they might try to make Oliver and Laurel ACTUAL business partners too, just to throw a curveball.

One of the show's directors posted a pic on Twitter of Stephen and Katie in Verdant in plain clothes (Stephen is behind the camera), and given the fact that Oliver lost Verdant at the end of last season but still maintains the Arrow cave in its basement, I just started to wonder how he managed to do that (it could easily be explained away by him just regaining the asset since losing it in the first place was ridiculous), and part of me wondered if maybe we were going to be thrown by the writers by having them be business partners in Verdant too. I probably should've posted this in the speculation thread, but it was accompanied by actual spoilers, so...yeah. Sorry about that.

Arrow - Emily Bett Rickards posts photo Colton Haynes in Red Arrow Attire
Posted by DarkUFO at Wednesday, August 27, 2014
http://www.spoilertv.com/2014/08/arrow-emily-bett-rickards-posts-photo.html

FYI, SpoilerTV has the two Season 3 video teasers in one place here:
http://www.spoilertv.com/2014/08/arrow-season-3-promo-low-quality.html

Arrow
‏@ArrowCWTV

Olicity Kiss in a new #Arrow Season 3 promo trailer. Full high quality trailer coming soon... http://fb.me/6PllLwT2K
3:59 AM - 28 Aug 2014

https://twitter.com/ArrowCWTV/status/504946410643787776

I guess we'll have to check back later for the high quality version.

Edited by tv echo
(edited)

Someone captured some Arrow filming.  People are wondering if that's supposed to be Felicity in MIT flashback but I don't think that's EBR.

http://instagram.com/p/sP1Q2xnR67/

LOL watching the trailer, it looks like Laurel just shoves the guy in the hospital bed :p

I probably said it about 10x last night but all Laurel does is grab him by his injured (in the cast) arm and then shove his shoulder/body away, she might even force the cast arm down onto the bed railing.   

Edited by Morrigan2575

Could be, could be! I can't imagine Felicity letting anyone take the fall for her though, can you guys? Maybe he's the one who introduced her to hacking in the first place.

Lol remember in s1 when Felicity said she was dying to hack into the FBI database? Could this be one of the reasons why?

Guess the writers didn't forget that Felicity dyes her hair blonde :) 

And didn't Colton joke during their European press tour he did together with Emily that Felicity will be having black hair?

Edited by Velocity23
@EmilyMarroquin: @overdianna It was Felicity with an unknown character. I think it was a flashback to her early school years.

Apparently someone at the shoot confirmed that it was Felicity.

You know the black hair might not be her true color either...that kind of black hair screams TV Goth/Edgy lifestyle type person.  

• Love 6

Oh boy .... all these Arrow spoilers ... my head is reeling.

Apparently someone at the shoot confirmed that it was Felicity.

You know the black hair might not be her true color either...that kind of black hair screams TV Goth/Edgy lifestyle type person.  

That edgy/gothic style will also explain the industrial piercing that she still has. The hair are also super straight.

• Love 3

So Emily's getting a lot of screen kissing practice lately. So far we've had Oliver, Barry, unknown guy with probably Ray to come.

Hahaha this will be the season Felicity realises she has/had plenty of kissing options.

That edgy/gothic style will also explain the industrial piercing that she still has. The hair are also super straight.

Oh yeah the piercing was one of the first things I noticed that made me like her immediately. Nerd + Industrial = True Love.

Edited by ArrowLimbo
  • Love 1

So Emily's getting a lot of screen kissing practice lately. So far we've had Oliver, Barry, unknown guy with probably Ray to come. And people say Oliver's a player.... :D

Good for Felicity! And hopefully this puts an end to the "Felicity never had a relationship" idea that some fans had. :)

Between the Felicity spoilers and the Thea/Malcolm goodness, I am so looking forward to this season.

• Love 4

My old age (:P) is kicking in but I don't remember anything about a piercing. Help?

Felicity has an industrial piercing in her right ear. I first saw her in the episode with Walter and it was visible.

• Love 1

Oh yeah the piercing was one of the first things I noticed that made me like her immediately. Nerd + Industrial = True Love.

me too. The piercing and that exchange about Hamlet hooked me like nothing else and then I was a goner.

Honestly, I usually find something in a character that I don't like fairly early, even in those whom I love, but Felicity is that one exception that I cannot find a fault with her. Even when they give her idiotic lines like "Please save Oliver" I bitch about the writers and go on loving her. Emily Bett Rickards must be a magician.

• Love 1

tumblr_misdhn27K21rn9u0xo3_500.gif

@Starfish This is Felicity's Piercing (and I really like the gif haha). It's basically a bar that goes through the top of her ear, through two holes. (I've got one). I think EBR said that the reason Felicity had the piercing was because in her first episode the director let EBR keep the piercing in (so it wasn't a direct character trait)

@Tallis, It's not actually two separate pieces. It's just a squiggly line, like this (I got the picture off of Amazon).

31-DlTZ6oSL.jpg

Edited by doesntworkonwood

tumblr_misdhn27K21rn9u0xo3_500.gif

@Starfish This is Felicity's Piercing (and I really like the gif haha). It's basically a bar that goes through the top of her ear, through two holes. (I've got one). I think EBR said that the reason Felicity had the piercing was because in her first episode the director let EBR keep the piercing in (so it wasn't a direct character trait)

@Tallis, It's not actually two separate pieces. It's just a squiggly line, like this (I got the picture off of Amazon).

31-DlTZ6oSL.jpg

Yups, I think she even thanked the director Guy Norman Bee that he let her keep her industrial piercing. If you notice, her ponytail was covering her ear in the episode where she first appeared. They later decided to incorporated an Emily thing into Felicity.

Fucking hell! I stay off the board for 24 hours and miss all the spoilery goodness. I loved that video from the filming. Knowing Felicity was caught up (even peripherally, if that's the case) in some shady FBI-worthy shit makes me so happy. I can't wait for the full story.

And now I'm going to go back to dying over that kiss. Please excuse me.

• Love 2

In the video that doesn't look like EBR body, could it be a stand in while they are blocking the scene and EBR is on the side providing the voice?

I'm all for learning more about Felicity without Olicity taking over it. 

Edited by Sakura12
  • Love 1

In the video that doesn't look like EBR body, could it be a stand in while they are blocking the scene and EBR is on the side providing the voice?

Why would they need a stand in, do you think?

I wonder why it's called an 'industrial' piercing.

That does look like goth hair.  Few Caucasian women have hair that black.  

It could be that the guy gets arrested and Felicity doesn't.  Or it's possible that she was arrested too and had to change her name and identity, but if that were the case wouldn't she have been more cautious about doing illegal hacking if she had been arrested and had to change her identity once already?

The line about if it weren't for Oliver she would have stayed a waitress in Las Vegas didn't ring true even then and less so now.  If you're thinking big enough to get the money together for MIT and apply, you're not going to be stuck as a waitress.  Much less take your degree there because schools like that teach you that as someone attending, you're something special.

You know Mirakuru really does make you insane if someone being sweet makes you want to kill them.

Nah, Isabelle hated her long before that.  Pre-Russia, if Felicity is to be believed.

I don't know, I'm not in the television business. That just doesn't look like EBR and she doesn't really say anything until she's offscreen. 

I suppose Felicity could've just liked to wear a lot of clothes when she was younger, maybe because her mother barely wore anything when she was growing up? That's why she looks more bulky then we're used too. 

Edited by Sakura12