Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

Because I don't trust this show, I'm gonna believe it's either part of Oliver's "vision" or something drug-induced, haha (until the show tells me otherwise). Whoever took this failed, because everyone knows you TAKE VIDEO OF THE PROMO. Gah. ;)

(edited)

Also, is that Laurel headbutting someone in a hospital gown?

I don't think she head butted him, I think she shoved his head into a desk/table. We also have Canary kicking ass. Edited by Morrigan2575

I don't think she head butted him, I think she shoved his head into a desk/table. We also have Canary kicking ass.

Ah, okay. It's difficult to tell what with the quality and me having to tilt my head at a 90-degree angle to watch it.

Can we discuss EBR's arms here? Damn she's buff. Also, this is so sweet. I would've preferred them  not to kiss until later, but still... It's sweet :)

tumblr_inline_naztvos5cI1qcrnv9.gif

Also yeah, Laurel didn't headbutt, but she did kick that guy's butt! I think we're going to get a badass laurel real soon. To be honest, I prefer this Laurel to the whiny one we saw in season 2. Also can't wait for Sara kicking ass :) 

Edited by wonderwall
  • Love 3

Can we discuss EBR's arms here? Damn she's buff. Also, this is so sweet. I would've preferred them  not to kiss until later, but still... It's sweet :)

tumblr_inline_naztvos5cI1qcrnv9.gif

Also yeah, Laurel didn't headbutt, but she did kick that guy's butt! I think we're going to get a badass laurel real soon. To be honest, I prefer this Laurel to the whiny one we saw in season 2. Also can't wait for Sara kicking ass :) 

I notice that those lips don't quite meet, the teasing bastards.

Hopefully if Laurel's going around kicking ass, that's the end of her being damseled for the sake of plot.

I loved Rila Fukushima in The Wolverine so I am down with the recast. 

I agree. I think this might actually be a good thing. I didn't know Devon so maybe she would have been amazing, but I do know Rila was great in Wolverine so I'm more excited about this storyline now.

• Love 2

holy crap!!!!!-$#%%&&35%$&%/thud

that near kiss ....um..was a million times hotter than any of the actual kissing and sexytimes between lauriver. I'll be in my bunk....

Edited by catrox14
  • Love 11

I don't know if that's enough for us to say Laurel kicked that guys butt. She usually gets in one hit then immediately needs to be rescued by someone that actually knows how to fight. If she is hopefully they explain that she's taken up some kind of training and didn't just forget how to fight when she was constantly kidnapped for the past 2 years and now remembers. Although she looked like she beating up someone in a hospital gown, so someone that was already injured and that's the reason she had the upper hand. Just like when she punched the guy for no reason after Sara shot him with something that would've knocked him out anyway. 

The Olicity kiss seems a little too soon, especially if they are going to have Felicity going on a date with Barry Allen for an episode and maybe dating Ray. 

Edited by Sakura12
  • Love 2

I don't know if that's enough for us to say Laurel kicked that guys butt. She usually gets in one hit then immediately needs to be rescued by someone that actually knows how to fight. 

The Olicity kiss seems a little too soon, especially if they are going to have Felicity going on a date with Barry Allen for an episode and maybe dating Ray. 

My default response is: IT'S A TRICK!

I wonder where they are? The lighting looks kind of corporate (but why would they be kissing in an office? That isn't QC, so....) and a little too bright? Is that just me thinking it's some kind of hallucination (yes)?

Maybe it's Felicity's place? Or Oliver's? (or not real?)

• Love 2
(edited)

I don't know if that's enough for us to say Laurel kicked that guys butt. She usually gets in one hit then immediately needs to be rescued by someone that actually knows how to fight.

Stop! You need to get out of my head this instant. LOL

I take it back she's beating up a guy in a hospital bed with a cast on his arm, all she does is shove his head/upper body into something.

Is that what passes for ass kicking now a days?

Edited by Morrigan2575

Tumblr seems to think the kiss happens before they show Felicity walking away and looking back at Oliver in the first promo we got. Where they're both staring at each other with googly heart eyes. I think the dress is the same.

Edited by calliope1975

Tumblr seems to think the kiss happens before they show Felicity walking away and looking back at Oliver in the first promo we got. Where they're both staring at each other with googly heart eyes. I think the dress is the same.

But that's not the foundry, it looks like someone's house or office. Also, production note: it's way too bright.

I don't really trust tumblr with theories :p I only have an account because news on tumblr spreads like wildfire. 

But I don't think that's the same dress because this one looks more purple? IDK. 

I'm willing to give Laurel the benefit of the doubt. I mean, it's not like she can start out by beating thugs. She needs to start small, like beating guys in hospitals lol

• Love 8

I don't really trust tumblr with theories :p I only have an account because news on tumblr spreads like wildfire. 

But I don't think that's the same dress because this one looks more purple? IDK. 

I'm willing to give Laurel the benefit of the doubt. I mean, it's not like she can start out by beating thugs. She needs to start small, like beating guys in hospitals lol

I think this is her pink boob window dress maybe?

and LMAO

I take it back she's beating up a guy in a hospital bed with a cast on his arm, all she does is shove his head/upper body into something.

Is that what passes for ass kicking now a days?

Sara probably already beat the shit out of that guy and Laurel went to the hospital to read him his rights or something since she has a badge an all (and these writers have no clue what Lawyers do), he attacks her so she slams an already beat up man into his food tray or something and Laurel fans will cheer that she kicked a man in a hospital bed's ass so she's ready to be the BC.

So she'll have she beaten up a spoiled rich club owner and a injured man in a hospital bed. Yep, she's ready to go fight master martial artists now. 

Edited by Sakura12
  • Love 2

Well, Twitter is on fire from that clip.  If nothing else, the Canadian CW got things going awfully quick - I wonder if that was intended.  Is the S3 premiere date the same in Canada as it is in the US? 

I think it's a bit of trick, too - and I think the setting of could be a hospital. Maybe the Digglet is making her entrance and everyone is feeling happy?

Anyway, the almost-kiss nearly did me in. I truly wasn't expecting it and I don't even know what to think about the first half of the season in terms of their relationship.

As for casting news for Katana, the re-cast makes sense for the amount of No News there's been recently for the character.  I like the actress taking over the role, so that's - for me - a nice new boost for the new season.

I'm other blah blah blah about Laurel - I suspect the intent was to show us how far she's come in kick-ass-ness but she still is lightyears behind Sara.   It's cruel to even have them on the same episode doing any fighting.

• Love 1

It's so blue and light it made me think hospital waiting room. Isn't baby Diggle being born in 301? Maybe they're celebrating the ~beauty of life. *g*

Oooh, good theory.

Although, does this happen between him asking her out and them going on a date? It can't possibly happen before he asks her, because MG said she wasn't sure he was actually asking her on a date - if he'd kissed her, she'd know. It can't be after the date, because...surely Oliver breaks it off after they all get blowed up. Now I'm back to thinking it's not real, haha.

Edited by apinknightmare

It's so blue and light it made me think hospital waiting room. Isn't baby Diggle being born in 301? Maybe they're celebrating the ~beauty of life. *g*

That makes more sense. So would the asking out come before or after this maybe kiss?

Damn Canada. The US promo team needs to get with the program.

(edited)

I'm other blah blah blah about Laurel - I suspect the intent was to show us how far she's come in kick-ass-ness but she still is lightyears behind Sara. It's cruel to even have them on the same episode doing any fighting.

She hits a guy, lying down in a hospital bed, in a hospital gown with a cast on the arm closest to her and, by all appearances it's a sucker punch. How exactly does that show "how far she's come in kick-ass-ness"?

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 3

Yeah, that does look like a hospital. Does Oliver ask Felicity out on the date after his conversation with Sara about having people not wearing masks in their lives? Is Digglet being born in 3x01? Or it's some kind of dream, which you think they wouldn't do after the finale fake out. 

How exactly does that show "how far she's come in kick-ass-ness"?

It shows she went from beating up spoiled rich club owners, to a guy already on his way to getting knocked out, to injured guys in hospital beds. Although that seems kind of the like regression. Maybe he was an injured ninja in a hospital bed? 

Edited by Sakura12

She hits a guy, lying down in a hospital bed, in a hospital gown with a cast on the arm closest to her and, by all appearances it's a sucker punch. How exactly does that show "how far she's come in kick-ass-ness"?

Oh trust me, I was being more sarcastic than anything.  That seemed like a sucker punch to me, too.  The very next clip is Sara/BC taking someone out - someone we can assume was not lying in a hospital bed.

That makes more sense. So would the asking out come before or after this maybe kiss?

Damn Canada. The US promo team needs to get with the program.

IF this is real, it has to be after the asking (since MG said she replied with "a date date?" If he had kissed her like that, surely she'd know he meant a date date), but before the date. Although them kissing before the date takes all the tension out of it, but then again maybe the producers/writers wanted to do something unexpected? And maybe they wanted to give the audience a kiss since they're going to be breaking up by the end of the ep.

It shows she went from beating up spoiled rich club owners to injured guys in hospital beds. Although that seems kind of the like regression. Maybe he was an injured ninja in a hospital bed?

The best thing is, she doesn't even hit him, all she does is shove his injured shoulder. ..lol

Eh. Nothing about that excites me much. Possibly because it's a low quality version that I had to turn my head sideways for. 

Really the thing of s3 I'm most looking forward to, doesn't happen for a while (Thea obviously)

• Love 1

@wingster55, don't worry, I'll be plenty excited to compensate for you :) 

Video quality was terrible. Thank god I have a laptop to put sideways. the only new things were the Laurel 'beatdown' so to say and the Olicity (almost) kiss. I honestly cannot wait for Thea and Malcolm! But I don't think we'll be seeing any promos for them until the end of October or early November :/ 

• Love 1

Video quality was terrible. Thank god I have a laptop to put sideways. the only new things were the Laurel 'beatdown' so to say and the Olicity (almost) kiss. I honestly cannot wait for Thea and Malcolm! But I don't think we'll be seeing any promos for them until the end of October or early November :/ 

Wasn't Thea in this one? Right before the shot of someone pulling back an arrow? I want to say she looked like she threw a pillow at something, but that's the sideways viewing talking

• Love 1

How is it possible that a poor quality video that had me tilting my head sideways and squinting could make my heart stop? Because it's Oliver and Felicity. Damn, these two have chemistry. It practically sizzles on the screen. I was about to head to bed and thought let me check Twitter (because I haven't been on the entire day) and my feed was having a meltdown, HAHAHA! OK, I really like the theory about it being in the hospital when the Digglet comes out. The lighting of that place screams hospital to me (or industrial setting).

• Love 6

There was a quick scene of Thea training with a stick in what looked like a dojo. 

Is Ra's still after Malcolm? He was worried about that before so shouldn't he still be worried about that? 

(edited)

Was it a stick? Thought it was a sword...but maybe I just had Katana on my brain.

I also couldn't figure out who was drawing the bow...it's a toss up (for me) between Roy and Malcolm. Initially went with Roy but on repeat viewings started to question if it was Malcolm.

Edited by Morrigan2575

Hah, great.

She is in it, you all are right. But you can barely see her face. I like seeing her face...yes. 

Oh..I am also looking forward to Tommy's return..in case anyone was wondering.

Is it wrong that I really can't wait until Thea chops off Laurel's head?

Actually, that's an interesting point..I wonder how everyone not named Oliver and Roy react to Thea and Malcolm. Diggle, Felicity, and Sara have had little to no onscreen interaction with them..what will they think of it? Also Lance

Laurel may kind of see Thea as a little sister..how will she feel?

I don't even care if it's a dream sequence, or hallucination or vision of the future, that is going to keep this little shipper happy for a long time, because it shows that they have actual legit chemistry that I want to watch.

Edited by catrox14
  • Love 5

Maybe Laurel graduated from blackmail to hitting injured guys where they are hurt to get them to confess. That's her version of justice. They really should have the Manhunter that's coming be the one that trains Laurel to take over for him. 

I'm interested in seeing Malcolm's reaction to Sara Lance also being in the LOA. He'd really have to have to wonder what the chances of that are. 

When they had Sara's Zombie party, Thea seemed really happy to see her and wanted to take her around the party. So it looked like they did know each other.

Edited by Sakura12
  • Love 2