Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

But they're already trapped in the bunker. Do they really need to make her unable to walk too? I'd rather she be mobile and helping to find a way out. Not helpless, needing to be rescued.

• Love 3

Personally, I find the trope of someone physically preventing someone else from leaving like blocking their way or picking them up really disrespectful basically any type of overpowering even if non-violent. I am not saying that is what Oliver is going to do. He's been shown as being very careful of her boundaries. 

20 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

I can totally see these writers thinking that as Oliver and Felicity's relationship ended as she walked away from him, it's going to start again when the chip malfunctions and she can't walk.  (For the record, I think it really ended when he pushed her too hard in the fake marriage and she realized that couldn't trust him to respect her wishes.

I totally agree the fake wedding was awful and I think really made it seem like Oliver and the team didn't take Felicity's feelings and concerns seriously. I think she would have been way more amenable to getting back together if that hadn't happened. She knew Oliver loved her but they weren't on the same page about what type of relationship they wanted. 

24 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

And now Oliver is just off a relationship with another leggy model-type, Susan

I think even Felicity with her insecurities knew that Susan was not to be taken seriously. ?

• Love 5
16 minutes ago, finnaire said:

But they're already trapped in the bunker. Do they really need to make her unable to walk too? I'd rather she be mobile and helping to find a way out. Not helpless, needing to be rescued.

Not being able to walk doesn't make her helpless. Her superpower is her brain, right?

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, leopardprint said:

Personally, I find the trope of someone physically preventing someone else from leaving like blocking their way or picking them up really disrespectful basically any type of overpowering even if non-violent. I am not saying that is what Oliver is going to do. He's been shown as being very careful of her boundaries. 

I feel the same way. I'm not so sure the writers thought about how it could look though.

Where is this Oliver is holding Felicity hostage thing coming from?

All we know from 520 is that they're both trapped in the lair and WD, Curtis and Dinah are repelling down the elevator shaft to rescue them.

• Love 5
(edited)
28 minutes ago, lemotomato said:

Not being able to walk doesn't make her helpless. Her superpower is her brain, right?

Since they are presumably already physically trapped it just seems redundant and unnecessary. And, we just had Oliver hitched to the floor in one place for an entire episode, let's do that again. Let's make it so Felicity is basically left laying on the bunker floor, that'll make for great blocking.* And, it'll also add the giant anvil of future relapse so we can worry about every explosion or Canary cry knocking out the chip, because she hasn't aleady been exposed to that (and nothing happened).  Can you tell I'm not a fan of this potential development? 

Let it be part of their adult conversation but leave the dramatic revisit to her incapacitation for an episode where it could actually be addressed with thought and emotional impact.

ETA: *Maybe that's why Oliver has to pick her up and move her.

Edited by finnaire
  • Love 5
8 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

Where is this Oliver is holding Felicity hostage thing coming from?

All we know from 520 is that they're both trapped in the lair and WD, Curtis and Dinah are repelling down the elevator shaft to rescue them.

I'm confused too. Marc's answer to @wonderwall allowed for the option that the chip/paralysis is just discussed again in that episode, not that there is necessarily a malfunction. And even if there is--and I kind of hope there is because it would be a twist based on the show's history, and would throw a real wrinkle into the works and could get Felicity back on track in terms of doing something related to that technology--I am confused as to why people would think that that is the way O/F are "trapped," when they are obviously isolated in another way and the team has to rescue them.

21 minutes ago, leopardprint said:

Was anybody here saying that? I haven't seen it. But I'd be confused if people think Oliver would take some sort of forceful advantage of that "opportunity."

• Love 8

Typical WM word salad but I wonder who she means by "family"? I'm guessing the alliances might include past villains like Boomerang?

Is there anything you can share on the Arrow finale? — Eva
Oliver will have to use everything (and everyone) in his arsenal in order to take down Prometheus. “The alliances are going to be very surprising,” EP Wendy Mericle says of the finale. “You’re not going to believe who Oliver is working with to defeat Prometheus. It’s going to be really emotional. It’s going to be all about Oliver’s family, but not the family we’re thinking of right now. It’s going to end in a giant explosion, but not where we think it’s going to end, and the emotional punch is going to be bigger than the actual physical part of the bombs going off.”

45 minutes ago, finnaire said:

It's OK if she's helpless, needing to be rescued as well. It's a reality and even if she had a chip that made her walk again, it's good to show that the danger still exists for her.

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, Trisha said:

Typical WM word salad but I wonder who she means by "family"? I'm guessing the alliances might include past villains like Boomerang?

I'm going to guess Malcolm Merlyn, because we'd never see that coming. /eye roll. Maybe they're breaking into the RQ Tech building to get him a new hand.

• Love 3
(edited)

Ugh, why do I have a feeling BS is gonna be part of Oliver's "family"? Man, they're not even going to wait until Season 6 to try and "redeem" her, are they? Could Talia also end up on Oliver's side? Maybe she finds out he's her "brother-in-law," rme. 

Edited by SmallScreenDiva
  • Love 7
Just now, SmallScreenDiva said:

why do I have a feeling BS is gonna be part of Oliver's "family"?

That is what I thought as well. She and Evelyn might turn their backs on Prometheus. 

(edited)

Just sounds like he's gonna team up with the "villains" so I'm assuming Black Siren and Malcolm Merlyn (who's probably the ex LOA member they mentioned fighting alongside Oliver). 

And probably the ghosts of all the people who helped train him are gonna inspire him or something, especially if we're gonna see Yao Fei.

Edited by Angel12d
(edited)

We'll see someone show up in the red Speedy costume and assume it's Thea. But, bazinga, its Roy! Ray will fly in with the ATOM suit and Barry will run across water to get to the island.

Edited by finnaire
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Angel12d said:

If we don't get a stunt of Oliver and Felicity swinging through the air again as a parallel to when they were on Lian Yu in 201, just cancel everything.

LOL, I'm joking. I feel like I need to state that these days. Haha.

That episode was glorious sent from the heavens. Had two swinging stunts in it. Praise Jesus.

• Love 4
(edited)
3 minutes ago, Velocity23 said:

Didnt the paps call BS the bad guy. 

Yes they did.

They also said that Barrowman was working with some guy last night for Arrow. They wouldn't say who but, seemed very excited for the scenes.

I'm guessing Vinnie Jones/Brick. Oh, what if Vigilante comes back? Unless of course Vigilante really is Pike.

Edited by Morrigan2575

Is there anything you can share on the Arrow finale? — Eva
Oliver will have to use everything (and everyone) in his arsenal in order to take down Prometheus. “The alliances are going to be very surprising,” EP Wendy Mericle says of the finale. “You’re not going to believe who Oliver is working with to defeat Prometheus. It’s going to be really emotional. It’s going to be all about Oliver’s family, but not the family we’re thinking of right now. It’s going to end in a giant explosion, but not where we think it’s going to end, and the emotional punch is going to be bigger than the actual physical part of the bombs going off.”

Unless they blow up the entire island, I'm afraid I'm not going to be impressed.

4 minutes ago, ComicFan777 said:

I figured Oliver's family was Diggle, Felicity, Thea, and Lance.  Is Oliver finally going to realize that family is not just blood, but chosen family this season?

I assume they're part of the "not the family we’re thinking of right now" group. Maybe she means William?

• Love 1
(edited)
5 minutes ago, Velocity23 said:

Didnt the paps call BS the bad guy. 

Yes, but they could've just been referring to 522. 

Seriously, it wouldn't surprise me if she has a magical redemption after one episode just to show there's some E1 Laurel in her or something lame like that. Haha. 

Edited by Angel12d
4 minutes ago, SmallScreenDiva said:

Ugh, why do I have a feeling BS is gonna be part of Oliver's "family"? Man, they're not even going to wait until Season 6 to try and "redeem" her, are they? Could Talia also end up on Oliver's side? Maybe she finds out he's her "brother-in-law," rme. 

Please no to BS. Last the team saw her, she was trying pretty hard to kill Felicity. Even if they somehow convince her to help fight Chase - who could probably just tell BS he'll kill her and she'll switch sides in a heartbeat mid-fight - I could then see her turning on the team right after he's defeated. Plus, I'd really like to see them trying to explain how BS would be Oliver's "family" when she's not E1 LL, who barely seemed to rank as Oliver's friend half the time when she was alive. So I'm going to hope they're not going to go the redemption route with her.

I just hope they do something more with Talia before the season's over. Right now, it seems like they've forgotten she exists. She walked out of that cell Chase had Oliver in and ... what? Went back to where Oliver found her?

• Love 3
(edited)

Meh they would have sent her to LOT if they could do magical redemption in 2 episodes. 

And KC is not filming with Barrowman and the surprise actor. 

Edited by Velocity23
29 minutes ago, Carrie Ann said:

I'm confused too. Marc's answer to @wonderwall allowed for the option that the chip/paralysis is just discussed again in that episode, not that there is necessarily a malfunction. And even if there is--and I kind of hope there is because it would be a twist based on the show's history, and would throw a real wrinkle into the works and could get Felicity back on track in terms of doing something related to that technology--I am confused as to why people would think that that is the way O/F are "trapped," when they are obviously isolated in another way and the team has to rescue them.

Was anybody here saying that? I haven't seen it. But I'd be confused if people think Oliver would take some sort of forceful advantage of that "opportunity."

We were discussing how the chip malfunction could come into play in that episode and hoping the eventual scene wasn't going to read as "Felicity and Oliver finally talk because with the malfunction she can't avoid it anymore." It was all speculation, nothing more. 

• Love 3

BS might hesitate if she encounters Lance or she decides to flee the scene. 

Perhaps they want a parallel between Oliver's family on the island (Slade, Shado, Yao Fei, then Anatoly, Sara) and his Star City family. 

Maybe Shado is making an appearance too?

Emotional cliffhanger reads to me that Oliver will think someone is dead who is not actually dead. ?

(edited)

MG said Siren would be an antagonist in season 6, so I don't see why she'd be fighting w/Oliver in the finale. I think Team Prometheus will include her and Evelyn, and Team Oliver may be: Boomerang, MM, Double Down, (whoever is still alive in the SS squad), and maybe bratva. Any chance that because of Flashpoint & whatever happened on LOT that Damien Darhk is still alive and well? I can kinda see the paps being excited about Neil. 

Can I just add that as much as I love Adrian and really hope they find a way of keeping Josh (he can be like Oliver's Joker), it's kinda sad he'll need so many people to take him down.

Edited by JJ928
  • Love 2
32 minutes ago, finnaire said:

Since they are presumably already physically trapped it just seems redundant and unnecessary. And, we just had Oliver hitched to the floor in one place for an entire episode, let's do that again. Let's make it so Felicity is basically left laying on the bunker floor, that'll make for great blocking.* And, it'll also add the giant anvil of future relapse so we can worry about every explosion or Canary cry knocking out the chip, because she hasn't aleady been exposed to that (and nothing happened).  Can you tell I'm not a fan of this potential development? 

Let it be part of their adult conversation but leave the dramatic revisit to her incapacitation for an episode where it could actually be addressed with thought and emotional impact.

ETA: *Maybe that's why Oliver has to pick her up and move her.

The chip getting disabled in 520 is just speculation at this point, so we don't even know if it will happen, much less how it'll happen. And while it was rushed, I thought the paralysis storyline was handled sensitively for the most part, so I'd expect the same if it were to be brought up again.

As for "giant anvil of future relapse", well, that's the reality that Felicity has to deal with. The chip is a temporary, delicate fix for her permanent condition. I'm more bothered by the fact that she went through what she did and then the show didn't even mention her paralysis for 20+ episodes. It's like it never happened. Could it finally be addressed by them just talking about it? Sure. But that's telling, not showing.  I don't see why it would be a horrible thing if the first time it failed on her, she was in a relatively safe, familiar environment with someone she loves and trusts who would help her, rather than mid-battle putting her at the mercy of some baddie of the week.

• Love 10
(edited)

As for "giant anvil of future relapse", well, that's the reality that Felicity has to deal with. The chip is a temporary, delicate fix for her permanent condition. I'm more bothered by the fact that she went through what she did and then the show didn't even mention her paralysis for 20+ episodes. It's like it never happened. Could it finally be addressed by them just talking about it? Sure. But that's telling, not showing.  I don't see why it would be a horrible thing if the first time it failed on her, she was in a relatively safe, familiar environment with someone she loves and trusts who would help her, rather than mid-battle putting her at the mercy of some baddie of the week.

I think the malfunctioning chip would be a very good storyline for Felicity, but I'd rather it be a different episode instead of an episode that's dealing with their relationship issues that are independent of her paralysis.  There is so much meat there and I think it has so much potential for Felicity's growth, but I'm afraid that it could be overshadowed/lost in the olicity relationship stuff being hashed out in the mix.  Would they do it justice, given everything else that needs to be talked about?  It just depends on the execution...

Edited by ComicFan777
  • Love 1
59 minutes ago, Carrie Ann said:

I thought MG also referred to KC's role next season as an antagonist.

Technically an antagonistic doesn't have to be any enemy, just someone you are butting heads with.  :|

• Love 2

I'll be in the minority and say if there's going to be a chip malfunction at all, I hope it's short-lived. Personally, I don't think there's much of a storyline there outside of what they've already done, and they couldn't be bothered to spend a whole lot of time on that. Any kind of gravity to her being paralyzed again is kinda taken away by the fact that there's a technology out there that could fix it, did fix it, and will fix it again. The only value in it (to me) is if it's a way to revisit the chip and that it still needs work and pushes her to get back into developing it for mass distribution. 

• Love 17
1 hour ago, leopardprint said:

BS might hesitate if she encounters Lance or she decides to flee the scene. 

I...don't hate that speculation. I don't want a redemption story for BS, but that would be a good way to get her off the grid in the finale. Until next season. Sigh.

“You’re not going to believe who Oliver is working with to defeat Prometheus. It’s going to be all about Oliver’s family, but not the family we’re thinking of right now."

I always lower my expectations with WM quotes so I doubt I will be surprised with who fights alongside Oliver unless Shado and Yao Fei rise from their graves and we get ghost warriors. Same with the family part, too, but please don't let Spawn and his age inappropriate ways pick up a bow and arrow.  

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Midnight Lullaby said:

We were discussing how the chip malfunction could come into play in that episode and hoping the eventual scene wasn't going to read as "Felicity and Oliver finally talk because with the malfunction she can't avoid it anymore." It was all speculation, nothing more. 

Yeah, that's what I saw here too. I was questioning why there seemed to be a response to something I hadn't seen--not liking the trope of a character physically forcing another character to address something. I saw people suggesting that the show is forcing the issue--for both of them--by keeping them in one place, and the chip might be a factor in their not being able to leave, but no one seemed to me to be in favor of Oliver physically forcing the issue (even passively, via chip malfunction). So I thought I missed something.

God, Wendy gives me a headache every time..her quote makes sense assuming she knows what "family" we are going to think about..a person could think about Oliver's family as the people he is related to or as the team that we can consider the family he created. I know it's Wendy but any villain being considered family is bizarre to me.

The second part must be about the cliffhanger MG was talking about too..they defeat Prometheus and when they think they are safe something bad happens and they will leave us hanging?

• Love 2
(edited)

So, then they might give us flashbacks in 6x01 to how the situation was resolved? Or are they not going to do a time jump this time around?

Edited by Belinea
4 minutes ago, ComicFan777 said:

I saw spec that the cliffhanger could be the boat that takes the team back home blows up so you don't know if everyone survived the explosion.

Oh wow. I better get psychologically ready for this just in case.

3 minutes ago, Belinea said:

So, then they might give us flashbacks in 6x01 to how the situation was resolved? 

I swear MG said as much in some interview.  Which honestly, just go back and pick up where the episode left off, we don't need the show to be real time immediately.

Just now, BkWurm1 said:

I swear MG said as much in some interview.  Which honestly, just go back and pick up where the episode left off, we don't need the show to be real time immediately.

I think MG just said in a tumblr ask that they'll still have the time gap between seasons in the narrative like they always have (May to October).

• Love 2
(edited)

Yes he said the season has the normal start five months-ish down the road but I also swear he said something about doing flashbacks in 601 to clear up what happens at the end of this season.  (Maybe at a con or recent event?) 

And then I was just complaining that if you have to explain the end of 523, why not just skip the flashbacks?  I know he won't, but I think some of the rules he's set are too arbitrary to always follow.

Sorry for not being clear.

Edited by BkWurm1
2 hours ago, Velocity23 said:

Meh they would have sent her to LOT if they could do magical redemption in 2 episodes. 

And KC is not filming with Barrowman and the surprise actor. 

Would they be excited if he was working with Dolph Lundgren? It wouldn't be the first time they shared a scene. Frankly, I think Malcolm could be better used in flashbacks for the rest of the season. What's his status after LoT's finale, anyway? Can he fall back into present day action?

6 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

Yes he said the season has the normal start five months sh down the road but I also swear he said something about doing flashbacks in 601 to clear up what happens at the end of this season.  And then I was complaining that if you have to explain the end of 523, why not just skip the flashbacks?  I know he won't, but I think some of the rules he's set are too arbitrary to always follow.

The way I remember it is that he was saying that they'd stop using the flashbacks unless they are necessery next year and 601 is one of those episodes where they are necessary.

• Love 1

^^^
-- On S6 flashbacks, MG: "Basically, we will end the island story very definitively. Um, next year, our approach to the flashbacks will be very different. It'll be episode-specific flashbacks. So - and they won't be every episode. It'll be, if there's a reason to flash back, we'll absolutely do so. We will be having those kind of flashbacks in 601, the sixth season premiere." (WonderCon, Apr. 1, 2017: MYM Buzz video, page 57 of Spoilers thread)

• Love 3
(edited)
15 minutes ago, bijoux said:

Would they be excited if he was working with Dolph Lundgren? It wouldn't be the first time they shared a scene. Frankly, I think Malcolm could be better used in flashbacks for the rest of the season. What's his status after LoT's finale, anyway? Can he fall back into present day action?

Malcolm was dropped in 2016 (I think) so he's back in present day.  I doubt Malcolm is in the flashbacks at this point since they're on the Island and Oliver would have recognized Malcolm (in Flashback) or The Dark Archer (S1) if he saw them before. Same with the reverse, Malcolm wouldn't have been so shocked to find out Oliver was GA in s1.

Malcolm most probably  filming in present day scenes and, is more than likely teaming up with Oliver. He's also, probably the ex LOA member that helps Oliver, unless they have Talia switch sides, Nyssa show up (could also be the family WM talked about) or brought ghost Yao Fei back (technically not LOA).

ETA: I think Kovar/Dolph being the mystery actor filming with Barrowman is a great guess. They're being very secretive about who it was, and that would be a huge spoiler.

It would also fit WMs comment about who Oliver is working with against Prometheus.

Based on filming notice just posted in spoiler thread. Lots of action filming on island for Monday. No idea if it's present day or flashbacks 

Edited by Morrigan2575