Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

Daaamn Adrian. This is partly why I love prometheus this season, the fact that this villain walks in the open and Oliver can't do anything to protect himself. Adrian has done everything he can to make that a reality

• Love 5

I can't believe how much I'm enjoying Chase as a villain. I don't even care that they don't do anything to stop him and wait around for him to do the next thing - "of course he won' kill us all now! There are 7 episodes left!" - I just enjoy all the mindgames he's pulling.

• Love 8
Just now, Trisha said:

It's cute that we're supposed to believe that Oliver reprogrammed the security protocols at the lair and Felicity can't get in...

It's like my problem with the logic of Oliver telling Felicity go home in the Inside the Episode clip, messy logic, but the emotions are all there in the scene, so I'll roll with it to get the stuff I like.

• Love 8
14 minutes ago, Trisha said:

It's cute that we're supposed to believe that Oliver reprogrammed the security protocols at the lair and Felicity can't get in...

I like to think that Felicity doesn't want to because she knows he needs space and doesn't want to go against his wishes for now.

• Love 9

I've been thinking that Felicity's situation is what gets Oliver back on the team.

ETA: Shouldn't Curtis also be able to outhack Oliver?

OMG, Oliver used his brain! Huzzah.

Edited by leopardprint

I do like that they acknowledge Thea's existence as Oliver's sister and therefore someone who should know about what happened to him in the sneak peek, but it's so obvious that they needed to come up with a reason for her to not be around in person - or just offscreen. 

And yeah, Oliver shouldn't be able to keep them out with both Felicity and Curtis on the outside - it might be different if one of them was with him and could keep the other one out - but they need to have Felicity going off to Helix, Oliver alone (and turning to the Bratva) and the team working on its own in this episode.

Although, hey, if Chase decides to go after Felicity in her apartment, he's just going to find the team now and no Felicity, so that sort of solves the whole "sending Felicity home after Chase told Oliver he'd been in her apartment without her knowing" problem. Not that Oliver could have predicted this. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Trisha said:

Felicity could have hacked into the lair but may have chosen not to do because she wanted to give Oliver a space as he gave her space in 5x16

• Love 8
2 hours ago, Belinea said:

Will Oliver be back on Team Arrow by 5x19 or will it be Team Arrow without Oliver against Team Felicity?

SA said Oliver was heading Team Arrow.

2 hours ago, wonderwall said:

I like to think that Felicity doesn't want to because she knows he needs space and doesn't want to go against his wishes for now.

This is my reasoning as well and it's making me feel gooey. I like it. 

It's nice to see the loft again. So much sunshine outside, so much rain cloud within.

3 hours ago, Trisha said:

It's pilot Oliver again!  The one who shot the arrow that not only took the money out of Adam Hunt's account but transferred it to his victims.

If only Felicity were going to a place that was good at hacking....

2 hours ago, insomniadreams88 said:

I do like that they acknowledge Thea's existence as Oliver's sister and therefore someone who should know about what happened to him in the sneak peek, but it's so obvious that they needed to come up with a reason for her to not be around in person - or just offscreen.

Diggle:  Thea, Oliver was kidnapped by Prometheus and tortured for six days. He's in really bad shape. He's giving up and has disbanded the Team.

Thea:    Thanks Digg.  Let me know what's happening then and I'll think about coming back sometime.   [rme]

• Love 8
3 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Diggle:  Thea, Oliver was kidnapped by Prometheus and tortured for six days. He's in really bad shape. He's giving up and has disbanded the Team.

Thea:    Thanks Digg.  Let me know what's happening then and I'll think about coming back sometime.   [rme]

Exactly! I wish they'd at least be like, "She's on her way back into town and going to see him later." And then just not show her going to see him. I know that it has to do with WH's episode count and they're writing around that, but really, wherever Thea is supposed to be, it can't be more important than checking on her just tortured and held captive for six days brother. 

• Love 2

So, seems like Chase is behind or involved with Helix and that it is part of his plan for Felicity (and Oliver, I guess) ultimately? Seems weird he'd go to the trouble to scramble an image of himself when he could've just not taken off his mask or shot out the camera or something. Feels like he's making her follow a trail.

• Love 1
15 minutes ago, Soulfire said:

So next week is going to be Oliver versus Felicity.

CAN'T WAIT.

Not next week. April 26. Now, that is a promo to keep people interested during hiatus. Not one of Susan being kidnapped like after 515, even for a week break. 

Edited by insomniadreams88
  • Love 13
1 minute ago, insomniadreams88 said:

Not next week. April 26? Now, that is a promo to keep people interested during hiatus. Not one of Susan being kidnapped like after 515, even for a week break. 

You're totally right -- I edited my post. 

I go back and forth on thinking Chase is involved with Helix. I can't figure out if Chase really does know all or what. Did he know he'd be outed and that's why his crazy-sense went off when the Feds got a phone call? Or maybe he's just an overreacting kind of guy. 

I'm tentatively thinking that he takes Felicity and that's what causes Oliver to suit up again to rescue his Always, and Oliver will find all the Lian Yu prison guests let loose. 

• Love 4
Just now, calliope1975 said:

Did he know he'd be outed and that's why his crazy-sense went off when the Feds got a phone call?

Yeah, I thought he was expecting it. It was weird that he'd immediately go to kill them when he heard a text message coming through if he didn't know what it was.

It's weird that he'd set himself up to get caught, but then again he IS crazy, and crazy people are willing to do whatever - including murdering their wives, so IDK.

• Love 1

I'm thinking that Chase is using Helix not leading them. They're information brokers to fund their hacktivism? It's probably wishful thinking but I would like Felicity to have one. single. thing. that is about her and her skills.

ETA: Does Helix also have a breakdancing troupe? That's all I think of when I see that mask.

Edited by leopardprint
  • Love 1
7 minutes ago, calliope1975 said:

I'm tentatively thinking that he takes Felicity and that's what causes Oliver to suit up again to rescue his Always, and Oliver will find all the Lian Yu prison guests let loose. 

And maybe the Bratva too - seems like they'd team up with Chase against Oliver at this point - and that Oliver would have to fight all of his past demons and bad stuff on Lian Yu so he can finally ~move on.

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, leopardprint said:

I'm thinking that Chase is using Helix not leading them. They're information brokers to fund their hacktivism?

Yeah, they definitely seem to be too large and not necessarily consistently evil. I think he's at least involved with/guiding whatever the Kojo chick's real name is.

• Love 1

I honestly cannot tell what is going on in that photo LOL but I think O/D might try to kidnap Felicity ala 320.

ETA: Oh it's Oliver in the Jabberwockeez mask. ? I'm glad he's finally letting Felicity do the thinking. 

Edited by leopardprint
  • Love 1
16 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

Yeah, they definitely seem to be too large and not necessarily consistently evil. I think he's at least involved with/guiding whatever the Kojo chick's real name is.

Yeah, she was the one who found the covered footage of Chase taking off his mask which is conveniently what Felicity was looking for.

33 minutes ago, Soulfire said:

Looks like Oliver may follow Felicity in the next ep. I'm guessing she tells him the "You'll have to stop me", he lets her go, but follows her to protect her.

All I can see is blurs and, like, a line? This is worse than trying to find the baby in a sonogram. 

• Love 13
52 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

Felicity didn't even know about Helix if not for Chase mentioning he has a source to help get Diggle out of prison. I think it's all linked somehow.

Maybe Chase was the one to connect Felicity and Helix, but I wonder if he has any more of a hand in it than that? Maybe he just sees Helix as a way to distract Felicity - so being outed may have been his plan - or figures that hey, she can get in too deep with them and that'll be great, but he's not directly involved in what they're doing, i.e., he's not the one telling them what to have Felicity do for them. He may know how they operate and that's enough for him (for now)? 

• Love 1

After seeing how hardcore Felicity was in the episode tonight and then that promo- I'm ready for Oliver vs Felicity in 5x19 and then passionate fighting and yelling in 5x20 followed hopefully by passionate making up.

• Love 12

Im actually thinking Oliver saying Felicity is the one thing Chase didnt plan for might mean that hes not behind Helix and they and Felicitys connection to them will be the wild card that throws a curve ball in his plans.

Which Im trying not to follow up with -and then he kidnaps Felicity as payback and takes her to the island, because I love the sound of that spec and will get disappointed if it turns out to not be accurate haha.

• Love 6

I haven't watched the episode but if Chase isn't behind Helix in some way, why hasn't he gone after Felicity? He's supposedly targeting Oliver and everyone he loves so skipping over Felicity just seems weird to me. 

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, LeighAn said:

Im actually thinking Oliver saying Felicity is the one thing Chase didnt plan for might mean that hes not behind Helix and they and Felicitys connection to them will be the wild card that throws a curve ball in his plans.

If he managed to corner Oliver in every other way and didn't account for Felicity coming after him at all, I'm gonna have to give him a massive downgrade as a villain. 

• Love 8
8 minutes ago, leopardprint said:

If he's been watching Season 5, who can blame him for thinking Oliver doesn't care about Felicity. 

Except that he's already shown at least twice (I haven't seen all the eps, so I could've missed something) that he knows Oliver does care about her. 

• Love 5
11 minutes ago, leopardprint said:

If he's been watching Season 5, who can blame him for thinking Oliver doesn't care about Felicity. 

Yes. This is why he taunted Oliver about Felicity multiple times in last week's episode. 

• Love 1

Maybe we are supposed to consider Billy's death Felicity's "turn"? I vaguely remember her photo wasn't on his murder wall originally right? Perhaps he doesn't know she works with GA just that she's his ex. That would be sooooo weird if that's the case though.

• Love 1
14 minutes ago, leopardprint said:

But this is the guy who has been plotting Oliver's downfall for a couple of years. He has to know about Felicity. I mean, even Olicity was on the news and their proposal was in the newspaper. 

• Love 1
36 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

I haven't watched the episode but if Chase isn't behind Helix in some way, why hasn't he gone after Felicity? He's supposedly targeting Oliver and everyone he loves so skipping over Felicity just seems weird to me. 

This is why I'll be shocked if Felicity's not part of Chase's final plan. 

32 minutes ago, Chaser said:

The promo - "Old Friend, New Threat" - are they referring to Felicity?

I think so. I think they are setting the promo of the episode up as if it's Al Sahim Felicity- but smarter and minus fake killing and kidnapping babies. 

4 hours ago, Soulfire said:

Looks like Oliver may follow Felicity in the next ep. I'm guessing she tells him the "You'll have to stop me", he lets her go, but follows her to protect her.

4 hours ago, leopardprint said:

I honestly cannot tell what is going on in that photo LOL but I think O/D might try to kidnap Felicity ala 320.

I can't tell anything from this either, but I like both this specs, so I'm willing to go with it.

2 hours ago, LeighAn said:

Which Im trying not to follow up with -and then he kidnaps Felicity as payback and takes her to the island, because I love the sound of that spec and will get disappointed if it turns out to not be accurate haha.

I'll do you one better. I'm trying not to let myself hope for a frantic run into each other's arms once Chase is down and they're both safe, but they just have to make sure.

• Love 1