Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

Tina has 'an island'. That is all that is needed. She will have lost someone and therefore she will fit against whatever. She and Oliver are similar and she is the best fighter evaaaaaa. 

I doubt they will spend much time on explaining away why she joins the team. She will just join the team. Oliver will have fulfilled his Laurel promise and he will have a new BC. All is well.

• Love 5

I really hope Tina has some personal reason for wanting to come to SC to be on the team because if its just because Oliver asks her to be a new BC then that's unbelievably dumb. Maybe she's not really on the team, like feels she needs to work with them for awhile because of her own reasons and then if they decide to keep her for season 6 it becomes more permanent and she becomes BC by the end of season 5. I guess its not that suprising that she's with the team and in the bunker so fast since that happened with the rest of the newbies. It took one ep for them too. 

• Love 6
32 minutes ago, Belinea said:

I think someone mentioned here that there are focus groups for the show? Maybe they have info how stuff is received but just don't care anymore. Their ratings won't improve drastically anymore. They might more or less stay the same or decrease in the spring even further. They won't get more promotion. The show is simply on the air for too long for that. So maybe they only care about their own version of events. As long as nobody wants them to change stuff, I doubt they will. I think a lot of the storyline decisions are based on BTS stuff these days and that doesn't always benefit the storyline but their might be so many egos and so much money involved that the audience is the last thing on anyone's mind. 

I mean, that could be it, but it's been so inconsistent to me concerning not caring about what fans think yet trying to save face from backlash. I honestly will wait to see where this goes because I do think that I might get some explanation (like, I even wrote on here how wildly inconsistent Felicity having a bf was from production/promotion standpoint instead of a writing standpoint, and I eventually got my answer of he didn't matter/he was the 501 twist). Although I do feel like they probably thought 509 would carry more from the crossover then it did (which was exactly nothing), and that it didn't that might ruffle their feathers a bit, since they will decrease in ratings in spring (nothing really from quality, they've just pretty much always decreased in the spring).

27 minutes ago, Belinea said:

I hope you have a great time. :-) DR seems like such as nice man.

I always admire people who manage to ask nice question because even though I am not a rude person, I'd be the kind of person who asks questions that make people uncomfortable because they'd be somewhat more honest opinions than actual questions. 

Thanks! Although, sorry to burst people's bubbles, but the Wizard World group here have never really asked...great questions (or at least for the last few years). I've been to fun panels and stuff with funny responses and questions, but I've never really came out with any teases for anything. Heck, last year we had a super Civil War panel of Chris Evans ,Sebastian Stan, Anthony Mackie (who was the greatest and most welcomed since he's a native), Frank Grillo, Hayley Atwell, and the Russo brothers, and some of the questions included Hogwarts houses, is xyz (a comic character that either Marvel doesn't have the rights for, the movies never announced or set-up, or a very low-key character you have never heard of) in the movie? (one of the very first questions from a guy who waited liked 45 minutes in line) Is it going to be like the Civil War comic? etc. It was fun, but...I'm just counting on my duo pic with SA and DR and my sister to be the most interesting part for me.

• Love 2

Yeah, I'm confused. The article linked to in the SCPD text is:

I’m just going to casually (recklessly?) put that out there, in the wake of news that Juliana Harkavy — whose TV credits include episodes of The Walking Dead and Constantine — has been cast on the CW drama in the recurring role of Tina Boland, a detective (formerly of the Central City PD) who is no fan of costumed crimefighters.

So...maybe she's a detective in this new city that they go on a road trip to?

4 minutes ago, dtissagirl said:

If Tina is SCPD why are they going on a road trip to recruit her? Are they ruining Geography after Math?

No, I think she's a detective in another city (with time spent in CC). I'm just going to assume she's going to join SCPD since they're at least one detective short right now and if they say she does, bam, any questions of her job are gone. They don't even need to show her working, just have one mention of it. Maybe join the ACU too because... why not? Or the ACU is just going to disappear from the show. Otherwise, what? She's moving cities and going from some place she has a job to some place she doesn't and isn't going to get one? I'm sorry, but joining up with the GA is not worth that.

Edited by insomniadreams88
  • Love 2

Best case scenario:  Tina comes to Star City because like Patty on The Flash, there is a connection with Prometheus or villains to losing someone  in her past (because the only acceptable island on this show is to lose someone to violence) and the only connection she forms with Oliver is through fighting with the Green Arrow.

But if they really are setting up her up as Oliver's LI in season 6, I think I'm going to be done with this show. It's no longer giving me what I watch for and while I appreciate they need to move beyond the boundaries of the first seasons, what they're giving me is nothing I care to see.

It's interesting that Diggle will be working with Chase now when we were predicting that it was Felicity who would be.  She still can with The Vigilante but it looks like they're using Diggle to make Chase work on the show now.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 4

If some parts of the sides were correct...Tina does have some dark past and there is someone named Carlos in question who apparently is missing. Not sure if it's an old flame or a kid. But somehow maybe Oliver makes it his plan to help locate him. I have this feeling Oliver knows who she is, maybe she is indeed connected to Talia somehow as well.

Personally I didn't see anything wrong with that spoiler, I assumed as the latest team member somehow she would bond with Oliver over some messed up past. And I don't think she'll only connect with Oliver but with the other team also.

• Love 2
20 minutes ago, Chaser said:

It just occurred to me that if 10-12 is the set up of Felicity going 'Dark', then she could have Sweeps 'arc'. 

Might be a weird set-up for a sweeps arc though, since sweeps ends with 514 until May, but Arrow's kind of danced around sweeps before (like having 320 actually happen right before sweeps instead of happening during sweeps). But, then again, I am very interested in 514 from the title alone.

• Love 1

If she does join because of someone called Carlos and there is a reason beyond Laurel's narcissistic dying wish and Oliver's magic penis, even it's it's a connection through Wild Dong, that would make me feel better. There would at least be some indication of better writing than what it seems to be right now.

1 hour ago, insomniadreams88 said:

Yeah, that's the part I don't get. What's with the rush to get Tina on the team? Why not have the guys go to recruit her and she decides against it, then maybe decides to move to Star City to help as a detective after doing some research into what's going on there. She slowly starts to see that the vigilantes are actually doing good in the city and then maybe decides to join up later on in the season. Instead, it looks like there's going to be, what, one or two scenes where she's "anti-vigilante," which was a part of her character description in the casting news, and then suiting up with them?

I wonder if it's to see if the character works on the show for whatever BTS reason she's on for -- either for a spin-off/comics or if she's there because of a DC directive, if she doesn't work they can say "see, we tried it but uh-uh."  Then there's still enough time left in the last couple of episodes to set a path for next season, either with Tina on the show or without her.

Then again, the x10 - x12 episodes have always had lots of LL in them, and if she's the LL replacement, it makes some sort of weird sense.

• Love 1
11 minutes ago, Cleanqueen said:

Tina does have some dark past and there is someone named Carlos in question who apparently is missing. Not sure if it's an old flame or a kid. But somehow maybe Oliver makes it his plan to help locate him.

Do you remember what the sides said about this Carlos person? You mentioning that maybe he was a kid reminded me of that convo that Rene had with...Curtis, maybe? Or Rory? about kids and how there seemed to be more to that, like maybe Rene had a child. I wonder if there's some connection there. 

• Love 1
1 minute ago, apinknightmare said:

Do you remember what the sides said about this Carlos person? You mentioning that maybe he was a kid reminded me of that convo that Rene had with...Curtis, maybe? Or Rory? about kids and how there seemed to be more to that, like maybe Rene had a child. I wonder if there's some connection there. 

The clip going around on tumblr: 

Idk, doesn't sound like a kid to me. Sound more like Carlos was her friend/partner type. My knee-jerk reaction was that Carlos was just Rene, but could be just a random for her backstory. Also, Rene's kid mention was with Diggle.

• Love 3
7 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

It was a scene with Tina and Oliver in an alley (after he watched her take some guys down), and he's trying to convince her to join the team because they can help her find "Carlos". She says something like "if the FBI and Interpol couldn't, what makes you think you can?"

Part of me wants the Carlos thing to be true because maybe she already has a husband/boyfriend that she's trying to find. But the bigger part of me doesn't want to further validate any of those "fake" sides.

11 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

Something about her being on Carlos's team and Oliver agrees to help her find him. She asks how he can help her since the FBI and Interpol couldn't and he tells her to join the team and she'll find out how they can assist her. So if it's a kid who got kidnapped maybe then it'll align with WD story and perhaps WD is the one saying this to her instead of Oliver..not sure. We shall see, either way, she's looking for someone named Carlos.

It would be hilarious if "Carlos" is Rene, Tina sees him and goes, "Carlos?" Rene says, "Uh, yeah, I used to go by that name." Then Oliver goes, "Look, I found him! Easy. Now join the team." And that explains how quickly she joins. 

2 minutes ago, ladylaw99 said:

I hope their connection does not have to do with children.  I do not want anything to do with Oliver's son anytime soon.

Same. Mainly because I don't want Tina to be another person Oliver talks to about his son that's not Felicity. I got angry about that all over again by discussion here about how he talked to Diggle and Vixen and not Felicity in 415. 

• Love 9
2 minutes ago, Cleanqueen said:

WD keeps talking about an ex and presumably some secret kid, I am shocked with all this screen time on it they won't revisit those parts about his past.

Yep. And if Tina's not connected, that's another storyline they're going to have to give screen time to at some point. 

Please let WD be her ex and stay far away from Oliver!

The wording makes it sound like Carlos was the leader of her team since that's it's in response  to Oliver saying he's better with a team and leading this one.

That actress (Anna Koval)is pretty good in that clip.  JH must have been terrific.  It's interesting that they're the same physical type.

The "you're the best I've ever seen, strong, smart, you anticipate the enemy better than anyone I've ever seen,  etc" makes me want to roll my eyes.  No way that's true after Shado and Sara, not to mention Nyssa and maybe Talia.  Also the romantic overtones, which are completely undeserved since Oliver just got out of Susan's bed, make me want to throw up.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 3

Sometimes I wonder what the long-term goal is for WD and Ragman? What is their overall purpose? Because I could live without both of them. I doubt the writers consider all the newbies to be the best thing since sliced bread. Especially WD seems to be quite prominent? So what is the goal? 

I mean Tina will be BC 3.0 but what is the point of pushing WD?

I've never believed that Tina would be paired with Renee or have any connection to him. Usually shows don't pair two newbies.

I still think Thea will end up with Renee.

My guess is Arrow plans on testing Oliver and Tina and possibly pairing them next season.

I think its for sure about testing for a spinoff for at least some of them. Wasn't there some rumor about WD being pushed because they were testing him for a movie? 

It's so dumb to do it this way. The spinoff/movie tests that actually worked were the ones where they had the characters appear for one or two episodes like Barry and Suicide Squad. Ray was there for a season as a regular and was pushed as much as the newbies and he couldn't get the ATOM spinoff they wanted. 

Edited by tangerine95
  • Love 5
5 minutes ago, Proteus said:

I've never believed that Tina would be paired with Renee or have any connection to him. Usually shows don't pair two newbies.

Honestly, this. They need someone to prop and introduce her and it ain't gonna be Wild Dog.

Plus the actress is too tall for him AND BC (I realize she's a non-comics version, but still) is too recognizable of a name for him.

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

How many seasons will Arrow be?

If it's 6 seasons and Tina and Oliver happen in season 6 doesn't it mean we shippers should call it quits now?

Honestly? Even if they plan on making Oliver/Tina happen at any point, they'll probably still keep putting in a moment here and there between Oliver and Felicity to try to keep Olicity shippers around. Even if they have decided not to go back to O/F ever, I don't think they'll ever say in an interview that they closed the book on them in S4 like they did with O/L in S1 in the interviews after Laurel's death until after the series finale. Then they might say, "Oh, yeah, we told that story in S4, but..." 

• Love 3
1 minute ago, Mellowyellow said:

@insomniadreams88

So we shippers should all be smart and just leave!!!! *cries her little shippy heart out*

Oh this is a rough morning!

Eta: I have just become the sad crying shipper on the shipper diagram.

I mean, I still believe that they're not done with O/F as a couple, but it has been bleak and is probably going to be bleak going forward. I think it's easier at this point to watch the show for what you do like. 

• Love 1
20 minutes ago, AyChihuahua said:

Honestly, this. They need someone to prop and introduce her and it ain't gonna be Wild Dog.

Plus the actress is too tall for him AND BC (I realize she's a non-comics version, but still) is too recognizable of a name for him.

Wasn't Carly Pope supposedly too old for Oliver-at least most of us thought that. So I can't use height as an argument really.

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, insomniadreams88 said:

I mean, I still believe that they're not done with O/F as a couple, but it has been bleak and is probably going to be bleak going forward. I think it's easier at this point to watch the show for what you do like. 

There's not much to like besides Felicity and shipping! And you guys! You guys are awesome *runs off to cry again*

• Love 1
14 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

@insomniadreams88

So we shippers should all be smart and just leave!!!! *cries her little shippy heart out*

Oh this is a rough morning!

Eta: I have just become the sad crying shipper on the shipper diagram.

I was the sad crying shipper until a while ago then I decided that given Oliver's behavior it's not worthy for me to see them back together at this point. I bet they are putting them back together though if it can help, LOL.

I'm in for Felicity's dark arc.

• Love 9

My speculation because I got in touch with my third eye on forehead * jk, I would love that

I think Olicity is almost* over, but you'll never hear that juicy info from EPs (reasons: actors leaving, order from above, some other unknown sh** bts). Maybe later in season 7 we will found out when they would act surprised by ongoing olicity questions, They: "we already told their story, duh". 

Tina (Bird#4) WILL be regular in upcoming season(s), and will be important person in Oliver "growth" somehow, I doubt she'll right away be LI, EPs would want to wait for critics & viewers response, and they will write with double meanings their dialog, leaving doors for potential OTP. And still there is job for the rest of season 5 to make sure Olicity is vanished absolutely in mentions and in mind of viewers. *same treatment as Lauriver*

Newbies: By media push, Horrific Guy and Bulldog will stay for next season, RageMan will probably be gone because something something (too magical), and  Artemis will never ever come back (because she is terrible actress and in almost all scenes looking very in love in O, and EPs can't have underage girl looking lovedovey toward SA). 

Thea: still alive just because she shares blood with Queen family. Nothing of importance for her (I actually believe of all actors, WH will be first one to leave).

Felicity: Leaving by the end of season, to another town or to do something. It's her turn to leave Star City. Story TBA.

Diggle: will defend own honor and continue vigilanting as sidekick to Team Arrow.

Lance: again, why is he still here in Star City? * I love PB the most as actor, but he lost his purpose long time ago.

Oliver: will again making stupid decisions in upcoming seasons because... the Writers. 

Just speculations... I love when my readings of EPs come true, but in some instance I hate it. So far I was never wrong. This is the worst case scenario, a little supported by interviews, twitter-world and stalking spoilers. My best case scenario is FF and not currently supported by anything.

I would LOVE to be surprised, so surprise me ARROW writers! *by be not so damn predictive.

• Love 3

Oliver:  One thing I've learned this year, I'm stronger with a team.

Really?  With Evelyn who betrayed you, Rene who thinks he's too good to follow orders and Curtis who is a complete screw-up? What Oliver should have learned this year is that he's weaker with the wrong team.  The only useful member is Rory and "magic doesn't belong on Arrow".

38 minutes ago, tangerine95 said:

I think its for sure about testing for a spinoff for at least some of them. Wasn't there some rumor about WD being pushed because they were testing him for a movie?

I thought it was for a comics reboot but I'm probably wrong.

If they do spin off any of these characters, it should be in animation because they're not strong enough for a TV show.

42 minutes ago, Proteus said:

I still think Thea will end up with Renee.

My guess is Arrow plans on testing Oliver and Tina and possibly pairing them next season.

What did Willa Holland to that was so bad to deserve that?????

Pairing Oliver and Tina next season will really be my last straw with this TV show.

Like @Midnight Lullaby, right now I'm just here for Felicity's dark arc.

• Love 3

Yikes at she deserves better. If she deserved him back in season 1-3, why do ppl all of a sudden think she deserves better than Oliver. They're both messy and albeit we get informed about Oliver's mess more than hers but unless the writers destroy the relationship via cheating or abuse, I can't agree and say either of them deserves better than each other right now.

• Love 7
21 minutes ago, Cleanqueen said:

Wasn't Carly Pope supposedly too old for Oliver-at least most of us thought that. So I can't use height as an argument really.

I don't remember that.  I remember it being argued that Lexa Doig was too old for Oliver, but not CP.

4 minutes ago, Cleanqueen said:

Yikes at she deserves better. If she deserved him back in season 1-3, why do ppl all of a sudden think she deserves better than Oliver. They're both messy and albeit we get informed about Oliver's mess more than hers but unless the writers destroy the relationship via cheating or abuse, I can't agree and say either of them deserves better than each other right now.

I wanna watch the show about Felicity's secret messiness we're not being informed about.

• Love 14
4 minutes ago, Starfish35 said:

I don't remember that.  I remember it being argued that Lexa Doig was too old for Oliver, but not CP.

oh there were a lot of comments about it. And I see on twitter people referring to her as grandma. It's not just the age difference, she looks quite older than him.

I am just curious how the EPs will react if people might hate on BC 3.0 too. What will be their reaction then? I could see her becoming a new regular because Curtis became one too and so far, I liked him better when he was recurring. I know they did that so they could use the actor but I still liked him better once in a while.

I guess, I could go on and on about the same thing forever. But I am just not over the fact how they could take everything I enjoyed and throw it in the trash as easily as they did. I guess shame on me for still believing they will find their way back to it if it hasn't happened in 2 1/2 years. But nowadays I enjoy venting and ranting and communicating with you guys.

• Love 9
9 minutes ago, Cleanqueen said:

Simply because he acts like he doesn't care about her. He didn't ask about Havenrock, losing her job, didn't wonder how she was doing after he killed her boyfriend..I was still in after he left her alone in the hospital and made her think he didn't want her because she was paralyzed and when he was going behind her back to see his kid but it's too many things I really disliked at this point.

Felicity has always been there for him, even after he broke her heart. I think she deserves someone who is willing to be there for her in the same way.

You can think they are perfect for each other, but Oliver objectively messed up a lot more than any of the other characters. And I have different standards on relationships. For me what happened so far is enough.

Edited by Midnight Lullaby
  • Love 14
11 minutes ago, dtissagirl said:

I wanna watch the show about Felicity's secret messiness we're not being informed about.

Well one time she was mildly cranky to Oliver bc she was overworked and overtired while she was trying to save her ex-boyfriend's life.

Oh, another time she told a few fibs to him, causing them to miss a boat trip, bc she was keeping his sister, best friend, and ex-girlfriend alive.

Edited by AyChihuahua
  • Love 10