Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

Just now, Angel12d said:

"Love letter to the fans."

LOL. Sure, Jan.

Fans does not mean Olicity shippers only.  As an Arrow FAN, I think this sounds great and has the potential to be a true 100th episode and a love letter to the FANS

• Love 6

I'm going to wait to judge, but my problem is that it seems that it's all about a "love letter to the fans" when it comes to season 1, not all 99 episodes before the 100th. But maybe that's where Oliver "waking up" comes in, and they're keeping those details close to the chest for now for some big surprise. 

• Love 8
1 minute ago, Morrigan2575 said:

Fans does not mean Olicity shippers only.  As an Arrow FAN, I think this sounds great and has the potential to be a true 100th episode and a love letter to the FANS

Where did I specify Olicity shippers? I didn't. Please don't assume to know what I mean just because I ship Olicity. Thanks.

• Love 7

I am in wait and see mode with the crossover episodes cause lately whenever I read stuff I start to get less and less interested in those episodes. The episodes in turn out to be much better than they were described/promoted. So, this time, I am not gonna let whatever crap they say or do sway me. 

Finger crossed things will be different live. 

• Love 1

I'd love for Oliver to keep seeing Felicity out of the corner of his eye everywhere and for that to be one of his clues. Kinda similar to that episode of Supernatural where Dean was held captive by a djin and given a "perfect" life with his mom still alive and he and Sam weren't hunters. But he kept seeing this woman (who actually was also the djin's captive) everywhere. 

Love the idea of Felicity leading the teams to save the masks.

• Love 9

So Kovar will be in the last bunch of episodes if Dolph Lundgren is shooting him February.  Interesting.  I wonder how they changed the flashback arc to have him in that long.

6 minutes ago, Lidach said:

Seriously, I expecting something really good what they're not spoiling it, after insult to the eyes after reading description(s). 

You're not appreciating the parallel to Oliver marrying Nyssa?

3 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

I hope alien dream Oliver has the presence of mind to ask her why in the eff she's wearing all those rings on her wedding day.

He'd be too busy banging Sara before toasts to notice.

But seriously, did no one tell her to get those things off? 

Edited by looptab
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, statsgirl said:

You're not appreciating the parallel to Oliver marrying Nyssa?

Hahaha, you're right, THAT was the worst. If anything I looking forward to SA's acting in this one, especially in "loving scenes". You can do it, SA, I believe in you! :D

• Love 3
8 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

I hope alien dream Oliver has the presence of mind to ask her why in the eff she's wearing all those rings on her wedding day.

At the altar, please? Because he can't figure out where the new one goes because so many rings.

And then she turns into an alien.

• Love 12

They said the world seemed perfect so I'm thinking everything is the bestest ever so we won't see any Ollie shenanigans with bridesmaid number 3. Sadly.

I was super bummed we were getting an Ollie and Laurel wedding in the 100th instead of the Olicity one I wanted but I can't say the shade we could get isn't a delightful thought. I mean the premise is full of it. Oliver trying to escape a world where he and Laurel are totes happy (and he will probably be looking for Felicity). The shade at Laurel/KC. Here is this huge 100th episode and this Epic Team Up and they bring back 'The Black Canary'.....to play a Stepford Wife. And based on the BTS, her part can only be a couple scenes.

Really the only thing that bugs me about the episode is that it had to be a crossover and the Aliens. I didn't want either of those things.

Edited by Chaser
  • Love 7

So is Barry's Flashpoint stupidity is going to be revealed to Arrow people, too? Or are there more Flash-related shocking secrets? Will they affect Arrow? Like, how Felicity knows about the Diglette disappearing and being replaced by JJ. As long as those secrets don't affect Oliver, Felicity and Diggle, I'm cool.

7 minutes ago, spartan said:

can't wait to see OLIVER AND LAUREL, YESSSSSSSSSSS

And I can't wait to see Stephen's "get away from me" face again! Woohooo! 

• Love 11
20 minutes ago, insomniadreams88 said:

I wonder about the vows, if they get that far in the "wedding." Will Oliver's include "I vow to stop sleeping with your sister/not sleep with your sister again..."? 

Suddenly I picture Oliver starting to recite his vows to Felicity to Laurel instead.  Part of me shudders but part of me would enjoy the subconscious memory.  

Q? Is THIS Oliver's perfect world? I mean, is he dreaming about this scenario? Or aliens playing with his mind? Why would they think this is his perfect world? Am I overthinking this?Probably.... 

Just now, BkWurm1 said:

Suddenly I picture Oliver starting to recite his vows to Felicity to Laurel instead.  Part of me shudders but part of me would enjoy the subconscious memory.  

Oh please no. (Though I wouldn't put it past the writers.) But I would love to see him having flashes to his vows to Felicity in the middle of the wedding and realizing, "oops, wrong bride!"

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, SmallScreenDiva said:

So is Barry's Flashpoint stupidity is going to be revealed to Arrow people, too? Or are there more Flash-related shocking secrets?

Possibly, since judging from next week's Flash promo Caitlin has just now realized that what's happening to her is Barry's fault - even though they knew he messed with their lives already - and so who knows, maybe someone else will finally kick his ass.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Lidach said:

Q? Is THIS Oliver's perfect world? I mean, is he dreaming about this scenario? Or aliens playing with his mind? Why would they think this is his perfect world? Am I overthinking this?Probably.... 

The episode description says seems perfect but he keeps noticing things are wrong so even if they phrase the purpose of the pods as letting him live in his perfect world, I'm going to assume it really isn't since if it was, he wouldn't catch on to things being off.  He's in the life he currently has in real life because he wants to be that man, so the "Perfect world" is by it's own conceit, a lie since in a perfect world he'd have all his loved ones and the Arrow life (and happily married to Felicity living in Ivy town while commuting via Flash to Star City )  

Edited by BkWurm1
clarity
  • Love 2

MG tweeted this article (fwiw)...

Oliver Faces An Alternate Timeline While Team Arrow Faces "Invasion!" In 100th Episode
Russ Burlingame  Nov. 16, 2016
http://comicbook.com/2016/11/16/oliver-faces-an-alternate-timeline-while-team-arrow-faces-invasi/

How could this happen? There are at least two possibilities for how Oliver ends up separated from his team at this crucial juncture while they continue to battle on without him.

The first is that the world Oliver is experiencing at the start of the episode is his experience in the world of Flashpoint, and he's being exposed to it by Alchemy as a way of destabilizing The Flash's allies. This would gel with the official synopsis for the November 29 episode of The Flash, in which it's said that a big revelation about Flashpoint would leave the superheroes wondering who to trust. If somehow the Dominators were aware fo the events of Flashpoint, that could play into their attack strategy. Same for if Alchemy were to learn who Oliver Queen was.
The second possibility -- this one more driven by the Dominators themselves -- is that Oliver has been exposed to the effects of a Black Mercy. The alien parasite, which feeds off a host while preventing them from fighting back by creating the illusion that they've got everything they ever hoped for, played a role in the season 1 Supergirl episode "For the Girl Who Has Everything" and could be set loose on Oliver during The Flash to set this episode of Arrow in motion.

Edited by tv echo

I think you shouldn't put too much emphasis onto that in relation to the wedding. I think the "what they ever hoped for" refers to never being on the Gambit, never losing his parents.

Edited by looptab
  • Love 1
11 minutes ago, looptab said:

I think you shouldn't put too much emphasis onto that in relation to the wedding. I think the "what they ever hoped for" refers to never being on the Gambit, never lose his parents.

Not to mention the fact that the show isn't using that Black Mercy plant which we know from BTS pics. 

• Love 3

Not Black Mercy then but a Stargate ripoff.

54 minutes ago, Chaser said:

They said the world seemed perfect so I'm thinking everything is the bestest ever so we won't see any Ollie shenanigans with bridesmaid number 3. Sadly.

I would have thought that Ollie's perfect world had a lot of Ollie shenanigans with bridesmaids, maids, and anyone else who was willing.

20 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

The episode description says seems perfect but he keeps noticing things are wrong so even if they phrase the purpose of the pods as letting him live in his perfect world, I'm going to assume it really isn't since if it was, he wouldn't catch on to things being off.  He's in the life he currently has because he wants to be that man, so the "Perfect world" is by it's own conceit, a lie since in a perfect world he'd have all his loved ones and that life (and happily married to Felicity living in Ivy town while commuting via Flash to Star City )  

Where would the aliens get the idea that Oliver's perfect life was Ollie marrying Laurel?

I can see that if he hadn't got on the Gambit, he would be marrying Laurel but why would the aliens think that this is his perfect world?  Or if it's Oliver supplying the dream, why would he think that marrying Laurel is his perfect world?

• Love 3

The Gambit sinking was the moment that changed everything. They could have chosen to change that moment and let Oliver fill in the blanks. It wouldn't surprise me if Ollie thought that marrying Laurel was something that was inevitable. 

• Love 4

My god I can't wait for the crossover, I was dreading it at first but based on this synopsis I am pretty excited. I think the whole point is the illusion of perfections, Oliver realizing that even though  he experienced "5 years where nothing good happened" he would never trade it for his life pre-gambit sinking. He loves his life because of who he is now, for the friends he made, for the lives he saved for the women he fell for that brought out that light in him. I'm gonna make myself cry now.

• Love 9

So in Oliver's perfect world, the undertaking just didn't happen. Is that correct? From the description alone, it does sound like a fan letter to the people who loved the comics and season 1. But maybe they will include the other characters as well. I choose to believe that the Felicity/Ray thing will be in this episode in some sort. 

Also, I don't know who told them that season 1 was that phenomenal. It wasn't. For me it just got better after Diggle and Felicity started helping Oliver out in his quest. But it wasn't like this well-oiled machine from the beginning. 

• Love 11
1 minute ago, Cleanqueen said:

My god I can't wait for the crossover, I was dreading it at first but based on this synopsis I am pretty excited. I think the whole point is the illusion of perfections, Oliver realizing that even though  he experienced "5 years where nothing good happened" he would never trade it for his life pre-gambit sinking. He loves his life because of who he is now, for the friends he made, for the lives he saved for the women he fell for that brought out that light in him. I'm gonna make myself cry now.

And that is why it's a Love Letter to the Fans

• Love 3

Yeah, Oliver probably would've ended up marrying Laurel after his sex cruise with Sara. I don't know why he'd think that would be the perfect life. I imagine that would've been a miserable and unhappy marriage for both of them.  I wonder if he still slept with Sara in this perfect life dream. 

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, Cleanqueen said:

I really hope this is what Oliver takes from this experience. I'm afraid TPTB will have him really want this life but decide it's not right to stay there simply because it's not real. 

• Love 7

The confusion for me is that pre-island Ollie's idea of a perfect world would be different from current Oliver's idea of a perfect world. So are the aliens basing their illusion on current Oliver or past Oliver?

ETA: We meet Poppy's mom tonight!

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 5
2 minutes ago, tv echo said:

The confusion for me is that pre-island Ollie's idea of a perfect world would be different from current Oliver's idea of a perfect world. So are the aliens basing their illusion on current Oliver or past Oliver?

Season 1 Oliver! Because it's all about season 1. I wonder if they'll even fully explain that or if they'll just be like, "here, dream world, no Gambit sinking" and "here, he chose to leave it because reasons."

• Love 3
21 minutes ago, Belinea said:

So in Oliver's perfect world, the undertaking just didn't happen. Is that correct?

The Undertaking could have occurred but it wouldn't have affected him because he would have been safe far from The Glades.  And probably if it did take place, no one linked it to MM, Robert and the other people in the book.

27 minutes ago, calliope1975 said:

I really hope this is what Oliver takes from this experience. I'm afraid TPTB will have him really want this life but decide it's not right to stay there simply because it's not real. 

I agree. I'd like that scenario even if honestly it seems pointless to me at this point. It seemed to me that last year Oliver showed, despite missing his lost loved ones obviously, that he made peace with what his life was and his role as the GA. Then everything went badly and this year he is back to wondering if he shouldn't just kill people again for some reason so I guess he needs to learn the lesson again but I feel like I watched what they are selling already so it isn't that exciting anymore.

I've watched some 100th episodes and I felt as a fan that they represented what I thought those shows were about. With Arrow thanks to aliens and 1639196 guest stars not really.

• Love 5