Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

She's in Central City in A3.04 as well as F1.04? I didn't think 4 was a joint crossover episode. Are they going to show her in Central City alone or is Palmer Industries HQ in Central City? I don't care for Routh so I am not real excited about Felicity/Ray scenes although I am trying to keep an open mind.

I guess I was thinking/hoping we might get mom in present as well as flashback's and since Oracle is 3.05 I thought (hoped?) maybe that was what prompted them. Oh well.

Edited by Sunshine

I don't think Felicity particularly dislikes Laurel because she's always civil with Laurel. She might not like how Oliver and Laurel treat each other or behave with each other but I don't think she's ever expressed dislike. Unlike Helena whom she has every reason to dislike. Diggle on the other hand has no time for Laurel.

I took her support of Diggle as dislike. I personally think that she stands on the same ground as Diggle but she's a lot more subtle about it. Her and Diggle are such good friends, I think that it makes sense with her to agree with him, especially because he was so hurt by Oliver's actions with regards to Laurel that he left the team, but that's just my interpretation of it. 

I think her being out of town but still in the episode means flashbacks.

I don't think Felicity particularly dislikes Laurel because she's always civil with Laurel. She might not like how Oliver and Laurel treat each other or behave with each other but I don't think she's ever expressed dislike. Unlike Helena whom she has every reason to dislike. Diggle on the other hand has no time for Laurel.

This.  Felicity has always been really nice to/about Laurel..."Gorgeous Laurel", "You can have him back in a minute", "How are you?", "That's a good thing, Oliver [responding to him telling her that Laurel saved him]", etc.  It's actually one of the things I've liked about Felicity and how they've written her.  Felicity knows their history, but still treats Laurel with respect and kindness.  With that said, I don't need to see them as buddies, especially if things progress romantically between Oliver and Felicity.  Oliver's penis doesn't need to be the underlying common bond (yuck).  They can keep their interaction the same as it has always been--cordial, but not chummy...a working relationship.

• Love 2

Writers if you mess up Felicity i am gonna be extremely annoyed. Apparently there is holding hands and kissing involved in cross-over.

Filmed today for the flash crossover.

BudwPxcIcAAn4ag.jpg

If they were indeed kissing and holding hands, it makes me even more intrigued about Oliver and Felicity's raw discussion. I won't lie, 2 weeks after Oliver says he likes her/loves her and I imagine she recipocrates in some form because she said yes to the date, and then she's kissing and holding hands with Barry.

I don't know what to think. They're trying to kill us.

• Love 5

I can buy Felicity throwing herself into something because she's still hurting from whatever happens with her and Oliver but kissing is a bit much for me, esp so soon after 301. They need to do this very carefully. The balance is important and I don't know if the writers are up to task...

Wasn't there some comment made by one of the producers that said Oliver tells Felicity that it was time for her to visit Central City?  I seem to recall it was in reference to them deciding they can't be together.  Maybe she goes there because Oliver encourages her to move on with Barry (who he knows has a crush on Felicity) and she tries it but they realize it won't work because Barry realizes he's in love with Iris and Felicity is still in love with Oliver.  That would agree with what Grant Gustin said in an interview.

ETA:  We don't know exact what kind of kiss it is.  For all we know, it could be their goodbye kiss.  Just saying.

Edited by NumberCruncher
  • Love 4
(edited)

Wasn't there some comment made by one of the producers that said Oliver tells Felicity that it was time for her to visit Central City? I seem to recall it was in reference to them deciding they can't be together. Maybe she goes there because Oliver encourages her to move on with Barry (who he knows has a crush on Felicity) and she tries it but they realize it won't work because Barry realizes he's in love with Iris and Felicity is still in love with Oliver. That would agree with what Grant Gustin said in an interview.

ETA: We don't know exact what kind of kiss it is. For all we know, it could be their goodbye kiss. Just saying.

That's pretty close to what I figured would happen. Although, I think it's more of a they know they have feelings for others but they can't be with the ones they love. At the same time they're attracted to each other and care about each other so they decide to at least give it a try but realize they work best as friends.

I'm perfectly fine with this, nothing I hate more than the woman sitting around pining/waiting for the guy to notice her or get over his issues.

Besides Felicity hasn't had an actual LI on the show, Barry didn't even kiss her. No real dates or anything meanwhile everyone else has gotten some lovin

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 4

OK I'm being a little immature but is Felicity city hopping and shopping for a man? *giggle* it is kinda funny. Maybe they want her to catch up on the amount of LIs front before she and Oliver happen.

I always thought Barry and Felicity were over before they started.

• Love 1

I'm now back to thinking there IS a second discussion between Oliver and Felicity, and it's him purposefully pushing her away, hence Felicity going to visit Barry. And going on a date with him. It's not gonna go anywhere because Felicity is gonna realize Barry's into Iris, but it'll give them closure and allow them to stay friends without the maybe-perhaps-if only we tried thing hanging between them.

• Love 5

Wow she looks so beautiful and she's outside! Now that I've thought about it, I'm ok with her and Barry. It's one episode and she's there to help Barry's story which is to realize that he's in love with Iris. I'm ok. Ok. But I feel sorry for her. She deserves to be happy but can't be with the guy who could make her happy. It's gonna be a tough season! 

Edited by Angel12d
  • Love 1

Again, from the Flash pilot to me it seemed Barry was aware of his feelings for Iris. Or maybe he realises it's in love feelings. Regardless, Felicity looks amazing in that picture. Idiot Oliver.

I really hope I'm going to have time for Iris. Please let her not be a Laurel 2.0 where I mostly ignore her.

Wow she looks really good. Idiot, idiot Oliver.

Edited by ArrowLimbo
  • Love 1

Writers if you mess up Felicity i am gonna be extremely annoyed. Apparently there is holding hands and kissing involved in cross-over.

Filmed today for the flash crossover.

BudwPxcIcAAn4ag.jpg

Not sure why people on Twitter are getting annoyed with this and the other pics. they're just holding hands, and we know (as said by the EP's) that Ray will be the (come in between-ish) love interest. so.. i'm not even the slightest worried about this pics or the scene. my guess is that they are simply being friendly, if there'll be a kiss it will be a chested goodbye kiss for a romance that could have been if things had not gone the way they did.

I'm far more interested by the upcoming crossover episode with apparently the clock king. if only because if was one-if not the only- worthy adversary Felicity had. every other one that has been on the show has been a very physical one, and was always attached to Oliver; clock king on the other hand was more of a computer-hacking guy par level as Felicity- I wonder if the crossover will provide us with more Felicity background info/scenes, because i'm gonna bet my money that she is gonna take defeating this guy very personally. oh yea and I wonder if the villein he will partner with (as mentioned in the article) is the new Count Vertigo.?

Edited by foreverevolving
  • Love 1

I am not liking the idea of Felicity and Barry kissing. I'm all for friendship but how do we believably go from Oliver in 301 to Barry in The Flash 104 to Ray later in the season?

Looks like this is what starts the crossover maybe?

Probably. And it'll be interesting to watch, especially since MG said that they choose the villains they use to hit specific emotional notes.

Probably. And it'll be interesting to watch, especially since MG said that they choose the villains they use to hit specific emotional notes.

Yes exactly. Team Arrow learns that The Clock King is in play in Central City and it's close to Felicity because he outplayed her and she will obviously want to help. Crap, I'm gonna have to watch The Flash now. 

• Love 2

Wasn't there some comment made by one of the producers that said Oliver tells Felicity that it was time for her to visit Central City?  I seem to recall it was in reference to them deciding they can't be together.  Maybe she goes there because Oliver encourages her to move on with Barry (who he knows has a crush on Felicity) and she tries it but they realize it won't work because Barry realizes he's in love with Iris and Felicity is still in love with Oliver.  That would agree with what Grant Gustin said in an interview.

ETA:  We don't know exact what kind of kiss it is.  For all we know, it could be their goodbye kiss.  Just saying.

They did say that Oliver and Felicity have a discussion and Oliver convinces her that it might be a good time to visit Central City. I don't think that discussion is about Oliver and Felicity not being able to be together though (at least, on the surface). I can't remember who said this (I'm almost sure it was one of the producers), but one of the spoilers for that first crossover ep was that Felicity has a talk with Cisco and Caitlin since she has a unique perspective on what it's like to support a hero. So I think the discussion Oliver and Felicity have is about Barry's powers. Although Oliver could simultaneously be pushing Felicity towards Barry, because he seems like the kind of idiot who might think it would be easier to get over his feelings if the person he has feelings for is no longer available.

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 2

Is the Clock King part of the crossover event? I thought it was supposed to start 3x07 then go 1x08 to 3x08. I don't know if Felicity is going to have anything to do with the Clock King on The Flash, unless I'm getting confused (too many spoilers lol).

The TV line link calls it a crossover but the Big Crossover starts with something that happens or is revealed in 307 which sends the team to CC (Flash 108) where they discover it's bigger then CC and head back to SC (Arrow 308).

My guess is that the Clock King is what starts the crossover event. If the CK is in 107 of The Flash then that is what draws Team Arrow to episode 108. It's too much of a coincidence to have an Arrow villain just one episode before a crossover and not have it linked in some way. Unless I'm getting all confused.

The good thing (for me at least) is that Felicity going to Central City in 1x04 makes it more likely that she'll be part of the big crossover in 1x08/3x08, because people who only watch The Flash will already know who she is and they won't have to introduce her as a new character.

My guess is that the Clock King is what starts the crossover event. If the CK is in 107 of The Flash then that is what draws Team Arrow to episode 108. It's too much of a coincidence to have an Arrow villain just one episode before a crossover and not have it linked in some way. Unless I'm getting all confused.

Yeah that's where I get confused is it something that happens in 107 (Flash) or 307 (Arrow)? I thought they said 307 but having The Clock King in 107 is suspect. Then again with the way the shows run 307 leads into 108 which leads back into 308

My guess is that whoever the Clock King starts working with will show up in Flash 1X07 and by the end of the episode Barry & co. figure out that this villain is working with the Clock King, a guy Team Arrow has already fought, so they reach out for help at the end of 1X07 (IIRC no one on Flash is an expert a computers? Maybe Cisco?). 3X08 opens with Team Arrow headed to Central City and taking down the unnamed villain (with meta powers confined to Flash) and Clock King follows Team Arrow home requiring Team Flash to come help.

My bigger concern is we know 3X03 has the guys going to Corte Maltese to do something that involves Deadshot and Diggle. It doesn't seem that Felicity goes with them (she'll be back in Starling having her awesome conversation with Laurel.). Now she will be "out of town" during 3X04 so even if she is in that episode it won't be very much. I really hope I don't have to sit through another season with episode after episode of her being sidelined (or side showed). I'm getting a - Felicity centered episode tease to keep me watching through hardly any Felicity feeling. Hope that's not the case.

• Love 3

My bigger concern is we know 3X03 has the guys going to Corte Maltese to do something that involves Deadshot and Diggle. It doesn't seem that Felicity goes with them (she'll be back in Starling having her awesome conversation with Laurel.). Now she will be "out of town" during 3X04 so even if she is in that episode it won't be very much. I really hope I don't have to sit through another season with episode after episode of her being sidelined (or side showed). I'm getting a - Felicity centered episode tease to keep me watching through hardly any Felicity feeling. Hope that's not the case.

I don't think she'll be in 3x02 much because it's called "Sara", it doesn't look like she's going to Corto Maltese for 3x03, and she won't even be in Starling City for 3x04. I hope this isn't a repeat of last season too. It's only August though so it's all pretty much speculation at this point.

Edited by drspaceman10
  • Love 3
(edited)

My guess is that whoever the Clock King starts working with will show up in Flash 1X07 and by the end of the episode Barry & co. figure out that this villain is working with the Clock King, a guy Team Arrow has already fought, so they reach out for help at the end of 1X07 (IIRC no one on Flash is an expert a computers? Maybe Cisco?). 3X08 opens with Team Arrow headed to Central City and taking down the unnamed villain (with meta powers confined to Flash) and Clock King follows Team Arrow home requiring Team Flash to come help.

That doesn't work. 107 is followed by 307, same week. 108/308 are the nrxt week. So 307 has to be the episode that sets up the crossover

I don't think she'll be in 3x02 much because it's called "Sara", it doesn't look like she's going to Corto Maltese for 3x03, and she won't even be in Starling City for 3x04. I hope this isn't a repeat of last season too. It's only August though so it's all pretty much speculation at this point.

Considering she was filming with Caity and Katie for 302 during SDCC it's highly unlikely that Felicity will be short changed in 302. She also had scenes filming with Roy/Oliver in the Arrow cave and Ray in 302.

301 and 302 had EBR on set quite a bit from the selfies and BTS tweets. 303 is probably light because she's filming 104 of Flash. Also, MG's tweet doesn't mean 304 is Felicity light, even if she's outside SC.

Edited by Morrigan2575

@Morrigan2575 Arrow took a two week break in November 14th- 28th during it's first season (IIRC so did other new shows on CW Beauty and the Beast did) where they re-ran the pilot episode to give people who came in late a chance to watch it. They didn't take the same break during Season 2. I'm assuming Flash will follow that pattern. If they do follow that than Arrow will be one episode ahead of the Flash (until the mid season finale). But that's just me guessing until they release the schedule of episodes.

I am confused by the crossover talk lol. I just think the Clock King has to be involved.

Me too. 302 Felicity has scenes with Laurel and Sara and I think Roy. 303 is about Diggle and Deadshot and I've not seen any indication that Felicity is involved there and then 304 she's in CC. 

So now I'm getting a feeling that Felicity is going to be spending too much time away from the team and I do not want that. Team Arrow is my main reason for watching. I'm all for a little shake up but they shouldn't mess too much with that dynamic. It's perfect as it is. 

• Love 2

So now I'm getting a feeling that Felicity is going to be spending too much time away from the team and I do not want that. Team Arrow is my main reason for watching. I'm all for a little shake up but they shouldn't mess too much with that dynamic. It's perfect as it is.

I think that's why they're getting her involved with Ray Palmer because that keeps her very close to Oliver since Ray will be running Queen Consolidated. The producers mentioned that Ray goes looking for the IT girl--presumably because he means to employ her--so even if she's not as involved in Team Arrow that puts Felicity smack dab in the middle of the big business/personal "rivalry" between Ray and Oliver.

• Love 1

Again, from the Flash pilot to me it seemed Barry was aware of his feelings for Iris. Or maybe he realises it's in love feelings. Regardless, Felicity looks amazing in that picture. Idiot Oliver.

I really hope I'm going to have time for Iris. Please let her not be a Laurel 2.0 where I mostly ignore her.

Wow she looks really good. Idiot, idiot Oliver.

I have a feeling that Iris would be Laurel 2.0.

Why? Because of the whole stupid secrecy thing, don't tell the woman you love that you are a fucking super hero! Plus you have Eddie Thawn who is her boy friend just like Tommy was there for Laurel. So while Barry may give her angst filled looks every episode, she will hang out with Eddie and will have her own storyline with Daddy and Eddie and Barry will have his own team with Cisco, Caitlin and Harrison Wells.

After Arrow and The Tomorrow People (where they tanked the casting of leading lady and everyone fell in love with Astrid), this will the third series where this production house will screw up the supposed lead pair's chemistry. Next time they plan a serial, they should do it without the leading lady so that there won't be any shipping wars.

Felicity looks amazing but then she always does (I am kinda biased here) and she is out getting some sun so that is even better.

• Love 2

Good for Felicity.  I hope she has fun with Barry in Central City including kissing him if that's what she feels like doing.  She's single, she can do what she wants. Although I think it's pretty obvious this is just closure on any potential Barry/Felicity relationship and nothing more.  And until Felicity sleeps with brothers or has a one night stand with some guy who also slept with her mom, nothing she does with any guy with come close to annoying me as much as Oliver's romantic shenanigans have repeatedly done.

• Love 14

I have a feeling that Iris would be Laurel 2.0.

Why? Because of the whole stupid secrecy thing, don't tell the woman you love that you are a fucking super hero! Plus you have Eddie Thawn who is her boy friend just like Tommy was there for Laurel. So while Barry may give her angst filled looks every episode, she will hang out with Eddie and will have her own storyline with Daddy and Eddie and Barry will have his own team with Cisco, Caitlin and Harrison Wells.

After Arrow and The Tomorrow People (where they tanked the casting of leading lady and everyone fell in love with Astrid), this will the third series where this production house will screw up the supposed lead pair's chemistry. Next time they plan a serial, they should do it without the leading lady so that there won't be any shipping wars.

Felicity looks amazing but then she always does (I am kinda biased here) and she is out getting some sun so that is even better.

Didn't they say that Iris will find out very early on about Barry powers?

Some people just shouldn't be friends other than work friends because their personalities don't mess and that's how I see Laurel and Felicity.  Laurel would have to do a 180 to start appreciating someone like Felicity.

Well i don't think that many people missed Laurel in the episodes she was gone. 

It sounds like MG knows that Felicity is a whole lot more popular than Laurel. I bet he got lots of tweets when Felicity was side-lined last season.

We'll probably see her either getting ready to go, or getting back after she's ended things with Barry and he's moved on to his new triangle.  On the whole, I'd rather see the second scene, and how Diggle and maybe Oliver reacts to that.  Maybe Flash 1x4 takes place while the Arrow crew are on Corto Maltese.

So I think the discussion Oliver and Felicity have is about Barry's powers. Although Oliver could simultaneously be pushing Felicity towards Barry, because he seems like the kind of idiot who might think it would be easier to get over his feelings if the person he has feelings for is no longer available.

LOL. I think you're right on both fronts, that Felicity is there to help Team Flash deal with what it's like having a superhero, and that Oliver is just that kind of idiot.

Looks like this is what starts the crossover maybe?

The cross-overs are eps 8 on both shows so having the Clockmaker appear in Central City in ep 7 makes sense.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 2

I don't see why, if Laurel and Felicity became friends, why Laurel has to be the one to change etc. 

IMO it's because while Felicity has always been welcoming to anyone who joins the team (e.g. Roy, Sara, Det. Lance), Laurel has been snooty to everyone at one time or another, and to Diggle and Felicity every time she's met them.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 3

All I have to work off of when it comes to predicting how Laurel will treat Felicity is how she  has treated Felicity in the past and all she's ever given Felicity are frowns, bug eyed stares, snide comments about firing her, body language that had Laurel literally cut Felicity out the group - move her away from Oliver's side - and then step in to take her place. 

She dismissed DIggle and Felicity with an air of a master to a slave but I probably would have ignored it if she hadn't just seconds before said the word "partners" like it was a dirty word.  That noticeable pause before she said it was like she was containing a gag.  Her disdain seemed palpable and came as a real shock to me at the time. 

So for Laurel to even be pleasant to Felicity would mean IMO that Laurel would have to change. 

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 9

"Why don't you hire me to be your secretary, Oliver?  Of course, then you'd have to fire her."  [cold look in Felicity's direction]

Someone else would have said "Felicity", acknowledging the person as a person, rather than using a pronoun before a name had been mentioned, but Laurel has never addressed Felicity by name.  Yes, she was drunk that time but as they say, in vino veritas.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 3

I wouldn't really hold anything that Laurel says while drugged seriously... While I have never seen Laurel be outright snooty towards Felicity, she has been a little condescending, the first time you see this is when Laurel asks "Who are you?" to Felicity. It's not the words in itself, it's the way Laurel says them (again, KCs acting choices is a lot to be desired).

BUT @wingster55, what leads me to believe that it's Laurel that has to change is because of the way Laurel said the word 'partners' in episode 21 when she tells him that his partners let her in the foundry or something like that... This sense of bitterness towards them is further reinforced when she asks Oliver why he is okay with them (team arrow) going but not her (which IMO was a stupid question... It's because they're partners, duh :p). She said 'partners' in the most bitter way that it seems as though it's LAUREL who has a problem with Felicity and not the other way around. It made me believe that Laurel was, in fact, jealous of Felicity and Digg and how much Oliver trusts them and how much they make a difference in saving the city whilst she has literally done next to nothing in comparison. 

I think season 3 will be how Laurel has to swallow the bitter pill and realize that she's not the most important person in Oliver's life anymore, and hopefully she will grow out of her sort of condescending attitude towards team Arrow. 

Edited by wonderwall
  • Love 2

Before the scene with Laurel in the foundry in 2x21, I definitely could have imagined Felicity and Laurel as friends. However, for some reason that scene really rubbed me the wrong way and based on that I can't imagine them being friends. Maybe if Felicity and Laurel have a more normal/conversational scene in 3x03, them being friends won't seem so weird? I just hope the show doesn't force a friendship and lets Felicity/Laurel's relationship develop more organically.

I'm nor a Laurel fan (quite the opposite) and I don't feel the need to see her be friends with Felicity BUT if the producers want to make her character likable by showing her to be amiable towards others (Felicity), there's nothing wrong with it. Also a lot of Laurel's reactions towards Felicity could be pinned down to KC's acting choices (as someone else said before on this thread). What she said on the arrow cave didn't sound too rude or offending to me. The city was coming down in ashes and everyone was on edge.

I also don't think that this season,is going to be dedicated to Laurel/Felicity's friendship. They'll have maximum 4-5 scenes alone (and that is a stretch) which won't be long...for sure.

Can someone please tell me how we know about Barry/Felicity kissing? Were they seen doing so on set?

If Felicity really kisses Barry, I'm blaming Oliver...not that it'll be a bad thing. It'll probably be a kiss to end all kisses. Her equation with Ray however still isn't quite clear. I wonder how Oliver will manage being just friends with Felicity. Oh well, if nothing else it'll probably increase his stock of man pain.

• Love 2

Barry's cute, but isn't Wentworth Miller on this show. I'm just saying. It will be entertaining to see how things work with Felicity and Laurel. I didn't really find Laurel sincere in the scenes with her own sister. I'll applaud them is they can pull this off. But, them not pulling this off would be even more entertaining. Like really cringe-worthy. Felicity and Oliver coming to some understanding and her getting with Ray is cool. Felicity in Central City with Barry automatically takes my mind to Oliver did something stupid.

• Love 1

Oliver had sex with Sara while he had feelings for Felicity, and Felicity isn't allowed to kiss Barry?  And, yes, I'm assuming that Oliver loved Felicity way before "Unthinkable".  If I'm wrong, I'm wrong.

It just sounds like they're spreading Felicity all over the place and using her to prop up whoever they think needs propping up.  Felicity's popular with a lot of fans so 'Felicity, your mission, if you choose to accept it':

Laurel - make her more likeable.
Barry Allen - draw more Arrow viewers over to The Flash.
Ray Palmer - show how charismatic he can be... whatever.

• Love 2

I have no problems with Felicity moving on and having a man. At all. I just question the timing. But at the same time we have no frame of reference. We have no context. As long as the writers do what makes sense for the story I'm down for anything. Oliver getting together with Sara wasn't right for the story.

It just makes me more and more curious about what Oliver and Felicity talk about. I wonder if they'll drop more hints about that particular, raw conversation.

It just sounds like they're spreading Felicity all over the place and using her to prop up whoever they think needs propping up.  Felicity's popular with a lot of fans so 'Felicity, your mission, if you choose to accept it':

Laurel - make her more likeable.
Barry Allen - draw more Arrow viewers over to The Flash.
Ray Palmer - show how charismatic he can be... whatever.

If this is the case I'd just be irritated. Jeez is Felicity the facilitator on the show?

• Love 1