Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

2 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

I initially read it as Mayo Bread should be afraid of the connection between Oliver and Felicity. But now I'm not sure. LOL.

That's funny we're the exact opposite. I'm starting to wonder if that's what he meant. LOL

I guess I'm just not sure why Mayo Bread should be afraid of his own connection to Felicity. That makes it sound like being with Felicity is dangerous, which doesn't make much sense to me. 

But I can see why Mayo should be concerned about the connection between O/F, seeing as their chemistry is still very much alive and they have so much history. But again, it doesn't add up with everything else being said so I really don't know.

Edited by Guest
34 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

Who is the his? Cause it kind of works both ways. 

Detective Malone should not be afraid of Oliver he should be afraid of Oliver's connection to Felicity.

Detective Malone should not be afraid of Oliver he should be afraid of his own connection to Felicity.

At first glance, I thought his = Malone but, now I'm wondering if his = Oliver.  I could be over thinking it. 

It's confusing because the author ties Mercle and SA's answers together but I'm not actually sure they're talking about the same thing. Like Mercle could be hinting at Malone getting into danger because of ties to Prometheus or whatever he does on that Task Force or perhaps whatever he is doing as Lance 2.0

But I don't know exactly what SA is talking about since we don't have the exact question asked. I hate when writers do that.

Considering Oliver/Felicity have everything on the table and they're still pretty close, I think Stephen meant Mayo should not be afraid of Oliver, he should be afraid of Oliver's connection to Felicity. Because it doesn't make sense why Malone should be afraid of his own connection with Felicity considering there literally is nothing there. 

• Love 12
1 minute ago, apinknightmare said:

Well I certainly LIKE this interpretation the best, haha. 

Haha, me too. And it makes sense combined with SA saying Mayo Bread shouldn't be afraid of Oliver, because Oliver won't hurt him just for being with Felicity. But O/F's connection is something else entirely and yeah, maybe Mayo should be threatened by that.

19 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

I initially read it as Mayo Bread should be afraid of the connection between Oliver and Felicity. But now I'm not sure. LOL.

4 minutes ago, wonderwall said:

Considering Oliver/Felicity have everything on the table and they're still pretty close, I think Stephen meant Mayo should not be afraid of Oliver, he should be afraid of Oliver's connection to Felicity. Because it doesn't make sense why Malone should be afraid of his own connection with Felicity considering there literally is nothing there. 

Woohoo that's 2 people. I'm going with that interpretation!

• Love 7
15 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

I guess I'm just not sure why Mayo Bread should be afraid of his own connection to Felicity. That makes it sound like being with Felicity is dangerous, which doesn't make much sense to me. 

But I can see why Mayo should be concerned about the connection between O/F, seeing as their chemistry is still very much alive and they have so much history. But again, it doesn't add up with everything else being said so I really don't know.

I still don't know.  Knowing Felicity is dangerous.  Look Donna.  Look at Curtis.  Even Ray. Donna has been almost killed how many times?  Curtis, like Donna, first got caught in the crossfire and then he just got caught up in helping which led to him getting beat up and deciding he wanted to train.  And Ray, sure, he was ready to get into danger with or without her but she made his suit possible and it was his connection to Felicity specifically that got him gassed in Nanda Parbat.  Even Cooper Seldon was just another hacker punk until the government thought he was capable of what Felicity could do and it was Felicity that got through to him to make the right choice even though he pretty much knew it was going to get him killed.  

So yeah, having a relationship with Felicity of any kind can be highly dangerous.  

Of course the same could be said of any of them on Team Arrow.  

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

I still don't know.  Knowing Felicity is dangerous.  Look Donna.  Look at Curtis.  Even Ray. Donna has been almost killed how many times?  Curtis, like Donna, first got caught in the crossfire and then he just got caught up in helping which led to him getting beat up and deciding he wanted to train.  And Ray, sure, he was ready to get into danger with or without her but she made his suit possible and it was his connection to Felicity specifically that got him gassed in Nanda Parbat.  Even Cooper Seldon was just another hacker punk until the government thought he was capable of what Felicity could do and it was Felicity that got through to him to make the right choice even though he pretty much knew it was going to get him killed.  

So yeah, having a relationship with Felicity of any kind can be highly dangerous.  

Yeah, but the guy is a cop so his life is already dangerous tbh.

I still don't know.  Knowing Felicity is dangerous.  Look Donna.  Look at Curtis.  Even Ray. Donna has been almost killed how many times?  Curtis, like Donna, first got caught in the crossfire and then he just got caught up in helping which led to him getting beat up and deciding he wanted to train. 

Yeah, thats how it sounded to me.

Edited by HeroLeague

The promo was a letdown. I expected something a little more entertaining. Of course, I'm still not sold on Wild Dog. 

Weighing in a little late on SA's comments about Olicity. I lean more towards the connection being between Oliver and Felicity. WM I can see plugging some other use for Mayo but not so much SA. He was asked about Olicity and I think that's how he answered it. That and I think he would have phrased it differently if he was talking about Mayo and Felicity. Tossing in an 'own'.

• Love 2
20 hours ago, BkWurm1 said:

That's the nature of an action/adventure show -- that just knowing any of the team could be dangerous.  Just as knowing Jessica Fletcher or MacMillan and Wife immensely raised your odds of being murdered.

Knowing Oliver is the most dangerous of all.  Robert's dead, Moira's dead, Yao Fei is dead, Tommy Laurel, Shado, Maseo, Poppy, random guy on the submarine, all dead.

20 hours ago, wonderwall said:

Am I channelling jbuffyangel?  Is that an SA hint that Oliver's connection to Felicity is so strong that it threatens even her relationship with her boyfriend?

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 2

Random thought but I was thinking about how much the boobs actually know about Oliver and Felicity relationship. Maybe the "Mommy and Daddy" comment was a little more telling.

I think it would be hilarious if they thought they were together this whole time. And they just have this shocked, appalled reaction to them not being together. Than they just hate Mayo. Diggle sniggers in the background. 

• Love 17
57 minutes ago, Chaser said:

Random thought but I was thinking about how much the boobs actually know about Oliver and Felicity relationship. Maybe the "Mommy and Daddy" comment was a little more telling.

I think it would be hilarious if they thought they were together this whole time. And they just have this shocked, appalled reaction to them not being together. Than they just hate Mayo. Diggle sniggers in the background. 

That would be hilarious and I would love it lmao

• Love 1
On 2016-10-25 at 7:10 PM, way2interested said:

He's Columbian, so he counts, but, yep, the percents definitely do not add up.

I remember Antonio mentioning his Italian heritage on his twitter or Instagram some time during S3 

If the extended promo isn't trying to be misleading, and Church actually finds out that Oliver is GA and orders a hit on him, is there a chance that he gets offed in 505 by Prometheus for messing up his revengenda? That would explain MG's comment about 505 "closing a chapter".

Edited by lemotomato
  • Love 1
9 minutes ago, lemotomato said:

If the extended promo isn't trying to be misleading, and Church actually finds out that Oliver is GA and orders a hit on him, is there a chance that he gets offed in 505 by Prometheus for messing up his revengenda? That would explain MG's comment about 505 "closing a chapter".

Could be but seems too early to kill Church when we know they aren't going to stop Prometheus until the 23rd episode.  With this many masks on the team, don't they need a mob to fight rather than just one guy?  

6 hours ago, wonderwall said:

This is exactly what I thought. We keep talking about how Oliver and Felicity pop on the screen, imagine the Mayo seeing that in person and also remembering they were almost married. I'd be worried too. 

• Love 3
8 minutes ago, Password said:

This is exactly what I thought. We keep talking about how Oliver and Felicity pop on the screen, imagine the Mayo seeing that in person and also remembering they were almost married. I'd be worried too. 

I so want this to be what SA meant.  

• Love 3
10 hours ago, Velocity23 said:

What if she isnt? What if the Tina character turns out to be a LI for Wild Dog? But also has her own comic book destiny?  They been dropping enough hints about his ex-gf. And he seems to be the chosen one according to the EPs interviews. He got important parts of the storyline and getting closer to Diggle. He is getting more than Curtis, and Echo is a series regular.

This is more of a reflection of my lack of interest in this storyline, but when?

• Love 2

There was the mention of his gf in the first episodes, when Wild Dog compared her to Oliver. Also Rick Gonzales referencing Renes relationships on the show in a recent interview.For me at least its quite obvious they are setting up a lot with Wild Dog.

• Love 2
8 hours ago, Chaser said:

The promo was a letdown. I expected something a little more entertaining. Of course, I'm still not sold on Wild Dog. 

Weighing in a little late on SA's comments about Olicity. I lean more towards the connection being between Oliver and Felicity. WM I can see plugging some other use for Mayo but not so much SA. He was asked about Olicity and I think that's how he answered it. That and I think he would have phrased it differently if he was talking about Mayo and Felicity. Tossing in an 'own'.

The only reason I don't think SA was referring to an emotional connection WRT Felicity is because he said Mayo should "worry about his connection TO Felicity." That, to me, indicates a connection by knowing someone. Granted, I know SA isn't the best at expressing himself, but if he were speaking about an emotional connection, I'd think he'd say "worry about his connection WITH Felicity." 

But, who knows. Like a lot of other things that have been talked about, it'll probably amount to nothing. 

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Velocity23 said:

There was the mention of his gf in the first episodes, when Wild Dog compared her to Oliver. Also Rick Gonzales referencing Renes relationships on the show in a recent interview.For me at least its quite obvious they are setting up a lot with Wild Dog.

Wild Dog is their favorite new toy, I fully expect that he will get the full treatment. LI, most character growth, big Hero Moment, etc

• Love 1

I really don't know what they see in Wild Dog, i honestly don't care about him or care to see his growth. He's just annoying to me. I was expecting to like him the most out of the newbies since it seemed like he'll be similar to Roy but he's just annoying imo. 

And i was expecting to hate Ragman but i think Rory is great, he's the only newbie I want them to keep. 

• Love 14

Yeah, I don't care for him at all. They went for some big cliffhanger moment, but as of now I want Church to do whatever. I'm going to be annoyed that anyone would risk their life to save the dude, haha. 

I like Rory the most, then Evelyn (who is useless, but inoffensive), then Curtis who I also think is useless, and Wild Dong, who I just want to die. So, of course he's their guy. 

• Love 15

When do we think Wild Dog is going to be announced as a regular? When they get their renewal notice?

The casting notice for "Tina" said recurring possibly becoming a regular. I'm assuming then the intent is to make Wild Dog a regular.

7 minutes ago, Chaser said:

When do we think Wild Dog is going to be announced as a regular? When they get their renewal notice?

The casting notice for "Tina" said recurring possibly becoming a regular. I'm assuming then the intent is to make Wild Dog a regular.

Arrow has previously made their cast regular announcements either in February/March (generally right after the main cast negotiations for the upcoming season) or in June (with someone like Josh Segarra, who just joined the cast.)

The CW renewed all of their shows in January last year, before some of them had aired more than a couple of episodes. That was unusually early, so I don't know if they'll repeat that this year.

• Love 1

I really hope they do not make Wild Dog a regular.  I am still hoping I might grow to like him but, I know myself and if you don't interest me in the 1st ep then chances are you never will.  I should have known if the Ep's were praising him I wouldn't like him=:)

• Love 3

I'm surprised they didn't highlight Human Target in the promo. Which they couldn't do and use the "Oliver" being shot footage at the same time, but it's weird. It kinda made me scared [HORRIFIED] that the episode is gonna try to fool us poor suckers in the audience about his presence too. Please let me be wrong.

So far I can't really tell Wild Dog apart from Laurel. Same overall one note characterization, same overall cognitive-dissonance response.

In other news, November Sweeps officially starts today. HERE WE GO! Shippers in a Noromo Land, beware.

Edited by dtissagirl
  • Love 1
4 minutes ago, tv echo said:

So the big Olicity episode, 505, is going to be about... rescuing Wild Dog.

Isn't JBuffyAngel the only one who said it was going to be a "big Olicity episode"? Seems like everyone else just mentioned that we'd get some "clarity" here. 

• Love 8
47 minutes ago, tangerine95 said:

I really don't know what they see in Wild Dog, i honestly don't care about him or care to see his growth. He's just annoying to me. I was expecting to like him the most out of the newbies since it seemed like he'll be similar to Roy but he's just annoying imo. 

I was expecting Roy as well, but I think we actually got - brace yourselves - a male Laurel. His attitude in the lair actually reminds most of her when she joined, the way he thinks he knows best and is not taking clues from people with more experice. Only there's a lovely added layer of mouthing off to Felicity. Laurel was presumptuous, but I don't remember her ever  being as dismissive of Felicity's contribution after joining the team as Wild Dong was with his doint nothing comment. There is a parallel to be drawn to Laurel's attitude in S1 and S2. Plus, there's an added flavor of dragging your teammates into messes unawareas. Rene dragging Evelyn into the confrontation with Sampson and cronies - Laurel dragging Thea into the Sara/NP mess.

• Love 15
1 minute ago, dtissagirl said:

I'm surprised they didn't highlight Human Target in the promo. Which they couldn't do and use the "Oliver" being shot footage at the same time, but it's weird. It kinda made me scared [HORRIFIED] that the episode is gonna try to fool us poor suckers in the audience about his presence too. Please let me be wrong.

Were mine eyes fooling me, or is Human Target the person Wild Dog is punching in the preview? Not that I consider that "highlighting" him at all, just trying to put the pieces together for whatever useless reason, haha.  

The EPs highlighted 5x05 for Olicity but that could literally be for one scene.

I can't imagine the 'rescue WD' plot taking the whole episode. I'm more inclined to think they get him out early and the rest of the episode is getting Church and Human Target. 

• Love 3
20 minutes ago, Chaser said:

10 minutes ago, quarks said:

Arrow has previously made their cast regular announcements either in February/March (generally right after the main cast negotiations for the upcoming season) or in June (with someone like Josh Segarra, who just joined the cast.)

I'm going to be an outlier here. I don't think they want Wild Dog as a regular, I think they're looking for Spin-Off Potentials and possibly new characters for LoT.  If they can't get a viable spin-off then yes I can see them making Wild Dog a regular.

• Love 1

I hope they take into consideration when they decide the regulars who's actually liked and getting positive buzz and who isn't. Because I don't think their chosen ones Wild Dog and Curtis are being all that accepted tbh. I'm honestly hoping Curtis gets shipped off to LoT. 

Edited by tangerine95
  • Love 5
7 minutes ago, Chaser said:

I can't imagine the 'rescue WD' plot taking the whole episode. I'm more inclined to think they get him out early and the rest of the episode is getting Church and Human Target. 

Yeah, I think like @dtissagirl wrote, they probably were going for shock value with the Oliver gets shot thing - and therefore probably didn't want to reveal anything about Human Target (and I'm guessing the Olicity stuff has to do with Human Target - not that they'd be inclined to promote the ship at this point in time), so it seems like all Wild Dog. 

Which...seems extra stupid (but typical), since I don't think Wild Dog is as popular as they were thinking he'd be, so I'm not sure how many people are emotionally invested in him being held captive. 

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, tangerine95 said:

I hope they take into consideration when they decide the regulars who's actually liked and getting positive buzz and who isn't. Because I don't think their chosen ones Wild Dog and Curtis are being all that accepted tbh. I'm honestly hoping Curtis gets shipped off to LoT. 

I was thinking Curtis to LoT now I'm wondering if Ragman would be better suited to LoT. I'm not sure what LoTs core group is exactly. If it's ATOM, WC, and Firestorm then you could easily drop Artemis (token female), Ragman and Wild Dog or Curtis on that show. I'm only saying that because LoT is supposed to have a revolving group of heroes.

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

I'm going to be an outlier here. I don't think they want Wild Dog as a regular, I think they're looking for Spin-Off Potentials and possibly new characters for LoT.  If they can't get a viable spin-off then yes I can see them making Wild Dog a regular.

I predict the same overwhelming success as The Atom then. Oh wait. Though, LoT can have him. 

• Love 1
25 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

Isn't JBuffyAngel the only one who said it was going to be a "big Olicity episode"? Seems like everyone else just mentioned that we'd get some "clarity" here. 

You're right, although MG did tease that 505 is "probably the most Olicity-centric episode we will have done in Season 5 so far." (Aug. 16, 2016 IGN article, page 42 of Spoilers thread)

Considering what we've seen so far, I guess MG's quote is correct, though misleading.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

For 5x05 I think they should be promoting Human Target and getting EBR out for interviews (she said eps 3-5 had the fallout and we haven't seen anything yet from her) and DR talking about Diggle adjusting to Bunker life. Get some regulars.

Instead it's probably all going to be RG and WILD DOG! Which I'm also guessing isn't going to be an accurate reflection of the episode.

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

I was thinking Curtis to LoT now I'm wondering if Ragman would be better suited to LoT. I'm not sure what LoTs core group is exactly. If it's ATOM, WC, and Firestorm then you could easily drop Artemis (token female), Ragman and Wild Dog or Curtis on that show. I'm only saying that because LoT is supposed to have a revolving group of heroes.

I basically just want to dump to LoT the ones that annoy me or are useless lol So I'm hoping Curtis or Wild Dog get shipped off there. But yeah Ragman would probably suit them more because of the whole powers thing. 

• Love 3