Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

13 minutes ago, Sunshine said:

According to IMDB Ritter is 6'1". Traval is 6'2"

Ew. Felicity's really gonna date that bland mayo detective, isn't she? LOL. Please no.

I'd love to be discussing something else about Felicity but there's literally nothing else to go on. Yikes.

Nothing about Diggle either. Double yikes.

Bratva looked cool. Now we know how Oliver gets those scars on his back. I really hope we see super dark Oliver in flashbacks now. I've been waiting forever for him to get darker and closer to Pilot!Oliver.

I also hope they actually have the newbies train lots and we don't have insta-heroes like we have done in the past. Not that I care about the newbies but if they're gonna actually say "It's more than putting on a mask" then prove it. 

The only thing about the kiss being with Human Target is that he doesn't look like Oliver in that shot. He's wearing Oliver type clothes, yes, but you'd think they'd shoot the scene with SA and EBR so it looks like Felicity thinks she's kissing Oliver but the audience knows she not? I'M CONFUSING MYSELF. HALP.

1 minute ago, BunsenBurner said:

Probably but he looks familiar almost like Tommy.

I thought he looked like Tommy too. I'm pretty sure he's just Bad Guy No.1. LOL.

I think it's tough to tell - the right side of the jacket is circled in the screenshot of the trailer, but the left sides of the jackets are circled in the pics. And the circle in the screenshot looks more like a collar button to me than a pocket, which doesn't exactly match either jacket. 

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 3
4 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

I think it's tough to tell - the right side of the jacket is circled in the screenshot of the trailer, but the left sides of the jackets are circled in the pics. And the circle in the screenshot looks more like a collar button to me than a pocket, which doesn't exactly match either jacket. 

plus human target is wears 2 different jackets according to the BTS shots. 

I'm still unsure but I'm gonna go with it being the Detective so there's zero disappointment. Kissing Human Target actually made me somewhat excited about what that entailed for O/F but if it's just her bland bf, I'm back at meh. 

Felicity is this intelligent and talented woman in STEM and they've literally got her kissing random bland dudes for part of her storyline, like that's all that matters. 

Edited by Guest
4 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

Felicity is this intelligent and talented woman in STEM and they've literally got her kissing random bland dudes for part of her storyline, like that's all that matters. 

I mean, who knows how big of a part of her storyline this is though? And putting that kiss in the promo was genius, because it's got people talking where they weren't before.  

• Love 11
4 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

I mean, who knows how big of a part of her storyline this is though? And putting that kiss in the promo was genius, because it's got people talking where they weren't before.  

True. I said earlier that they can't put her Havenrock breakdown in a trailer. But I'm feeling annoyed about her bland bf so I'm moping right now. LOL. I just want more for her tbh.

Edited by Guest
7 minutes ago, Sunshine said:

Well, if the premiere boyfriend turns out not to be the detective I won't be upset.  The body doesn't look like Amell's but the hair cut does.  LOL!

The boyfriend is apparently introduced in 501. Apparently Tiffany Voigt said that kiss wasn't in 501 and she didn't seem to recognize him. 

So I think that the boyfriend is different/flashpoint related. 

Probably. Actually, if it is her that puts her back in (temp) LI category.  Which then (maybe) adds some weight to the reverse LI scenario.  Two temp LI early on and then Olicity reunion in February Sweeps.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it, screw "tina" ?

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 6

Hah...

'Arrow's Season 5 Trailer Is Enticing, But Where's Felicity? — VIDEO
CAITLYN CALLEGARI  September 28, 2016
http://www.bustle.com/articles/186634-arrows-season-5-trailer-is-enticing-but-wheres-felicity-video

I mean, mostly, the season ahead looks badass. Based off the trailer, there are Bratva flashbacks, which include a ripped and shaggy-haired Oliver Queen wrestling shirtless with another impossibly buff, shirtless dude. There's a decidedly terrifying bad guy in a Scarecrow-like get up who proclaims, "the Green Arrow is mine," which brings a different vibe to the villain scene than the blatantly evil, mask-less Damien Dahrk. There's big action, new vigilante training, and, of course, Oliver in imminent danger. For all intents and purposes, it has the makings of being epic. It's just that, well, it’s missing something. It’s missing… heart. Which, in other words, means this: it’s mostly missing Felicity.

Sure, she's present, briefly — we see her talking to Oliver. But, so what? We get to see Diggle in combat, we get to see Thea suit up, we get to Curtis train... then, all we get to see of Felicity) other than that fleeting chat with Oliver) is that she's mackin' it with another guy. She's a vigilante genius hacker, and all we get to see of her life thus far after losing her job (unfairly, might I add) on top of 20 other kinds of emotional tragedies, is that she's still got game in the romance department?

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 15

BTW, is that the reporter talking all flirty to Oliver when the trailer starts?

TBH I knew the reporter was going to be flirty the second we found out about her. 

She's a reporter trying to get stuff out of a man who she probably thinks is still a playboy... I'm not surprised. 

• Love 4

New trailer, YAY!  I'm all excited.

Good stuff: stunts look much better, there's at least two great cinematographic shots, I kinda like Wild Dog so far, Oliver is on the salmon ladder again, and - although I hesitate to type this, since you guys might think my brain was swallowed up by aliens or something - the flashbacks/Bratva stuff actually looks, dare I say it, interesting? 

Questionable stuff:  Since everyone else here is asking, just how tall is Wil Traval, really?

Bad stuff: Since you're now on Twitter talking about continuity, Arrow, can we all kindly try to remember that a) Laurel killed someone in the second season, b) Laurel spent a great deal of the third season urging everyone to kill Malcolm Merlyn/Sara's killer, and c) Laurel's own mother urged her to go after Sara's killer and Laurel was all, yep, I can do that, let's go for this, so we can cut this crap about "She wouldn't have wanted this," right out?  Oliver was the one trying to keep Laurel from being a killer. 

Argue all you like about killing being a step backwards, Thea, just use a different example/person to do so.

Also, yay for getting Oliver back on the salmon ladder again, minus SEVERAL HUNDRED POINTS for having him do this in a business suit instead of shirtless or at least in a very tight T-shirt. You promised me you were going back to your roots, Arrow! YOU PROMISED!

• Love 18

I liked the first promo.  I really disliked this one.  I didn't mind the lack of Diggle and Felicity in the last one because it was all Oliver all the time but this one is too newbie heavy and not even the Bratva stuff can make up for it.  That may change in a few episodes, but nothing hooks me about the newbies right now, including their personalities and action sequences.  I also find it telling that I don't particularly care about the identity of the dude she's kissing. Instead, I was aware that they are trying to manipulate me with this dude, both in the promo or in the show.  I had a plan that I was going to tune in until 5x05, see if I liked the direction of the new season. The promos have turned me off to the degree that my plan has now changed.  I am on the West Coast so I will read the east coast live tweets for 5x01, and depending what I read I may skip the first several episodes, tuning in at 5x05 and watching through the mid-season finale. 

We get another superhero fight club promo tomorrow. Yay?

• Love 2

Is that supposed to be funny? Or is he just being rude? I mean, he does have issues when it comes to the show. At this point, I feel like I have issues with the show but not in the same way.

The show returns next week and yet I am not exciting for anything. Nothing appeals to me in any sort of way. And on top of that Felicity might once again be kissing random people instead of getting a storyline. So far that is what I have seen, so it might turn out differently. But so far there has been nothing. Maybe Diggle and Felicity's storylines are so secret that nobody at all knows about it. 

I am quite underwhelmed with what I assume is about to come. 

• Love 5

Who cares about what Lauren would have wanted, Thea?

also, someone brought up the kiss not being in the loft. It's at the police precinct. I've seen that desk enough times when Lauren still remembered that she was licensed to practice law. As for why WT would have been used and not SA when Felicity thinks she's kissing Oliver, they'd need a shot of him for the audience.

• Love 1
22 minutes ago, Belinea said:

Is that supposed to be funny? Or is he just being rude? I mean, he does have issues when it comes to the show. At this point, I feel like I have issues with the show but not in the same way.

I think it's funny, change the color of the costume and it's a straight up Deadpool move.

• Love 2

The part where Oliver has to take everyone and their mother cutting him looks brutal. Much more effective than the whipping last year. Also, and this is an old complaint, but these should have been swapped. Bratva for year 4 and back to the island for year 5, where he'd save the slaves and be encouraged to go back and help save SC.

• Love 4

True. I said earlier that they can't put her Havenrock breakdown in a trailer. But I'm feeling annoyed about her bland bf so I'm moping right now. LOL. I just want more for her tbh.

Maybe Felicity is bouncing from guy to guy because she can't cope with the Havenrock incident. I don't really have any problems with her possibly sleeping around because she's falling apart. Or sleeping around because she simply wants too. No judgment from me on either front.

1 hour ago, quarks said:

fter Sara's killer and Laurel was all, yep, I can do that, let's go for this, so we can cut this crap about "She wouldn't have wanted this," right out?  Oliver was the one trying to keep Laurel from being a killer. 

THANK YOU for this. That is precisely what has irritated me about Laurel's arc.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Trini said:

Did any of the promos/trailers before the Season 4 premiere have footage from episode 5?

Season one and season two did. With the season one trailer, I think the marketing department wanted to focus on "Oliver Queen Bad Boy and Party Animal" and had kinda limited scenes to use for that concept, since the show had already dropped it, thus the party scenes from the fifth episode. 

• Love 1

I really think if they are going down the WWLD route for every episode - they really should look into getting matching engraved Buckles for everyone. Group trip to to the Precious Moments at the mall. :)

• Love 2

Was there any shots of the new DA guy? Because I don't remember seeing him at all so now I'm back to thinking he might be Prometheus and he befriends Oliver a la Sebastian Blood but secretly wants to destroy him. IDK.

33 minutes ago, Sunshine said:

Don't know if boyfriend is flashpoint related or not but Leanne Aguilera confirmed in a twitter reply that Barry isn't the boyfriend.   

LOL. It was always a longshot anyway. I'm still not sure why the Detective warrants all the secrecy though? Weird. 

47 minutes ago, looptab said:

My patience is going to be tested if they pull the WWLD stuff every three scenes. Hope it's just every once in a while. 

What makes the WWLLD stuff already annoying is that what the characters are saying directly contradicts the character we've all watched for 4 seasons. I had an urge to give Thea a Gibbs slap after her little line. 

• Love 7
15 hours ago, Belinea said:

Is the cop supposed to be recurring for the whole season? I am honestly not sure anymore...

Detective Malone (Tyler Ritter) is supposed to be a recurring role this season - but what that means, I don't know. When EBR was first cast as Felicity, it was also described as a recurring role although she was then only slated for one episode.  However, I believe, Detective Malone is supposed to be involved in the police corruption storyline in some way (good guy? bad guy?), which suggests multiple episodes.

13 hours ago, Sunshine said:

Don't know if boyfriend is flashpoint related or not but Leanne Aguilera confirmed in a twitter reply that Barry isn't the boyfriend.   

I think Leanne Aguilera only said clearly that the guy in the kissing pic with Felicity is not Barry (see first tweet below). It's not clear to me whether or not she's confirmed that Felicity's boyfriend in 501 is not Barry. If you read the chain of fan questions and her replies, it could go either way. For example, you could read her "Umm...no" tweet below (which is a standalone tweet and not a reply tweet) as either a response to the previous fan tweet below or as a response just to the kissing pic:

Edited by tv echo

So based on the updated tweets/pictures/announcements, etc., here's my new list of Confirmed Characters Appearing In What Looks Like One Overcrowded Arrow Crossover Episode:

1. Oliver

2. Diggle

3. Felicity

4. Thea

5. Quentin

6. Curtis

7. Wild Dog

8. Ragman

9. Robert Queen

10. One of the Deathstrokes, who apparently just wanted to come to the park to have a good time.

11. Sara

12. Some version of Laurel

13. The drug dealer from season one

14. Kara

15. Cisco

Not confirmed, but probable:

1. Barry (Amell's post didn't confirm if that picture of Oliver, Barry, Stein and Jax is from Arrow or Legends of Tomorrow. However, even if that's an LoT picture, a 100th episode crossover including Cisco but not Barry would be the hands down most shocking thing Arrow has done in five seasons. I'm expecting at least a Barry cameo.)

2. Ray (also not in a confirmed Arrow picture, but given that the episode seems to be featuring cameo appearances from numerous former Arrow characters, I wouldn't be surprised to see him also make a cameo appearance.)

3. Villains not named Deathstroke (I'm assuming this episode has them)

Not confirmed, but possible:

1. Jax

2. Stein

(As noted, Amell posted a picture of himself, Barry, Jax and Stein. But he posted this after stating that he was shooting two shows that day, and my guess is that picture was from the Legends of Tomorrow shoot. We know that Sara, at least, is crossing over from LoT, and although it would make a lot of sense from a marketing perspective to get Victor Garber/Stein over on Arrow, we're also getting told that this is one of those love letters to Arrow fans (note to Arrow: I'm content with love notes that focus on Diggle's arms), and Firestorm so far has really been more of a Flash/Legends of Tomorrow character. So keeping them in the possible column for now.)

3. Other Supergirl characters 

4. Other Flash characters 

5. Other Legends of Tomorrow characters (increasingly unlikely, given the confirmed appearance of Sara and the possible appearances of Ray, Stein and Jax)

6. Other Arrow characters, living and dead: this seems the perfect time to give Shado, Frank Pike, Quentin's dead partner, the dead IT guy, and others a chance for a line or two.  

So that's at least 15 confirmed speaking roles, with a probable 20 speaking roles, with a possible five or six more, making one crowded episode. I wonder if Berlanti is going to ask the CW for a couple more minutes for the episode again?

Edited by quarks
I should not post before finishing my coffee.
  • Love 5