Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

(edited)
2 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

Seriously this is probably the best episode in 2 years. Or at least the most fun

I think last week's was better but this is damn close. Highly entertaining, great fights, and it so brings back S1 memories.  Reminds me why i loved Arrow (S1B-2A).

I wonder if the shocking events is that a nuke actually gets detonated 

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 2
Just now, calliope1975 said:

What is this feeling so sudden and new? Excitement for next week? I don't know what to do with myself.

I legit cheered and clapped and victory armed I haven't done that in forever.

• Love 1

I hate that promo. I will watch of course and I hope Thea is just faking being on-board or whatever - but I'm actually SO over her and Malcolm. I could like her character if she was sent to LoT, but I don't think I will ever like the way Arrow uses her.

• Love 2

I mean if the whole promo wasn't "Oliver Queen is coming for his sister"...."We have to save Thea"...."Oh look Thea is evil branwashed fighting her brother"....I might be excited about next week. As is holy crap no just no. I'm hoping that at. the. very. least. Roy's return next season will mean Thea leaves with him and they either go be happy undercover and try to live normal lives or they go off to be some kind of awesome version of Arsenal and Chesire while working for Argus. But I can tell with 100% certainty that if they keep Thea on this show - I'm going to hate her by the end of season five.

• Love 2

not looking forward to next week, Thea has become repetitive and tiresome. I hope Dark kills her to get back at MM, nice symmetry with LL. Well we had this week, and with the exception of the flashback it was pretty f'ing tight. 

1 minute ago, Starfish35 said:

Eh.  They can get rid of Thea if they add another female regular or two.  I'm not ok with Arrow operating on the Smurfette Principle.

Unless Thea moves away from Star City, this show isn't ever getting rid of her.

I don't want them to get rid of Thea. But they need to get rid of Malcolm. He's the problem here. I want to see the Thea who was making jokes in the crossover and the one who was smiling so big when she was talking to Felicity in 417. Malcolm is just dragging her down.

• Love 20
5 minutes ago, Starfish35 said:

Eh.  They can get rid of Thea if they add another female regular or two.  I'm not ok with Arrow operating on the Smurfette Principle.

Fine. Beg, bribe, and do whatever is necessary to get Lyla and Nyssa in as many episodes as possible. And Donna. Despite her weird stance that Lance shouldn't lie about knowing Laurel was BC - I'm still good with more of her.

And by the way, it's not just the knowing Laurel was BC thing that bugs me - it's wondering how badly she is going to take it if/when she finds out Oliver is GA, Felicity is his partner, and Lance knew all along. If she's uncomfortable with him lying about this to get his badge back - she's going to hemorrhage if she ever finds out about Team Arrow.

6 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

I don't want them to get rid of Thea. But they need to get rid of Malcolm. He's the problem here. I want to see the Thea who was making jokes in the crossover and the one who was smiling so big when she was talking to Felicity in 417. Malcolm is just dragging her down.

I agree, but I don't think they ARE going to get rid of Malcolm and I've come to believe that they just can't resist the Thea/Malcolm dynamic no matter how much f-ing sense it does NOT make. She should hate him - no be a bitter, sullen child - but HUGE levels of hate. He drugged her, stole her free will, and forced her to kill a friend. There is NO coming back from that EVER!!!!!

6 minutes ago, nksarmi said:

Fine. Beg, bribe, and do whatever is necessary to get Lyla and Nyssa in as many episodes as possible. And Donna. Despite her weird stance that Lance shouldn't lie about knowing Laurel was BC - I'm still good with more of her.

And by the way, it's not just the knowing Laurel was BC thing that bugs me - it's wondering how badly she is going to take it if/when she finds out Oliver is GA, Felicity is his partner, and Lance knew all along. If she's uncomfortable with him lying about this to get his badge back - she's going to hemorrhage if she ever finds out about Team Arrow.

I don't see why she'd take it badly - she encouraged him to acknowledge that he knew Laurel was Black Canary and seemed glad to read his response about why she was doing what she was doing. She clearly likes and approves of Green Arrow (based on the bee episode) - I hope she's able to recognize the difference between outright lying and having a secret identity. She doesn't seem to judge Quentin for keeping Laurel being BC from her, rather him lying about it to distance himself from her in order to get his job back.

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

I don't see why she'd take it badly - she encouraged him to acknowledge that he knew Laurel was Black Canary and seemed glad to read his response about why she was doing what she was doing. She clearly likes and approves of Green Arrow (based on the bee episode) - I hope she's able to recognize the difference between outright lying and having a secret identity. She doesn't seem to judge Quentin for keeping Laurel being BC from her, rather him lying about it to distance himself from her in order to get his job back.

You don't think she will see it as Felicity and Lance lying to her this whole time? I hope not because I don't want that drama. But that's what I fear.

Just now, nksarmi said:

You don't think she will see it as Felicity and Lance lying to her this whole time? I hope not because I don't want that drama. But that's what I fear.

Seeing as it looks like Donna and Lance are going to be driving off into the sunset together come the finale, I don't think that's going to happen exactly.

Just now, nksarmi said:

Quentin knew what was going on with Laurel and she didn't seem at all upset that he never told her about it. She doesn't seem like the type who would disassociate herself from Felicity just to hold onto something for herself, especially if she thought Felicity was doing something admirable, which she clearly thought Laurel was doing. Seemed to me that's what she was upset about, although her "there's no such thing as a little lie" could be setting up something more. But it seems like she and Quentin leave together in the finale, so...maybe not? 

• Love 4
11 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

Quentin knew what was going on with Laurel and she didn't seem at all upset that he never told her about it. She doesn't seem like the type who would disassociate herself from Felicity just to hold onto something for herself, especially if she thought Felicity was doing something admirable, which she clearly thought Laurel was doing. Seemed to me that's what she was upset about, although her "there's no such thing as a little lie" could be setting up something more. But it seems like she and Quentin leave together in the finale, so...maybe not? 

That's if she finds out before that happens. But it probably doesn't even matter. Thea was all "I'm not going to sign paperwork that could save our family home, my business, and all of our other personal assets because you didn't tell me something you found out 10 minutes before I did" in season two and here she was in season four all "yea lie to the love of your life to protect your son. Just because I found out - clearly no one else will." Why do I think these people will be consistent at all?

I'm still utterly confused by the Donna/Lance scenes but, I'm wondering if this was their lazy way of giving Lance a reason to not go back to the police force? At least for a little while or something?  I don't know, I'm probably reaching, maybe it's just setup for the Donna/Noah scene next week?

• Love 2

Paul Blackthorne was saying in his interviews that Laurel used to be the moral centre of Quentin's life and now it's shifted to Donna.  Maybe that's what the scene was supposed to portray.  (Or that Lance picks the worst people to be his moral guide.)

• Love 5
(edited)
5 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Paul Blackthorne was saying in his interviews that Laurel used to be the moral centre of Quentin's life and now it's shifted to Donna.  Maybe that's what the scene was supposed to portray.  (Or that Lance picks the worst people to be his moral guide.)

Yeah, i guess that could be it but it just seemed so werid. I guess the moral lesson is that it's better to tell the truth, lose your job, go homeless and let a ton of convicted fellons potentially go free as well as face prosecution . Rather then tell a simple white lie that hurts no one?

Got to be honest i don't think Donna's a good Jiminy Cricket. LOL

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 4
11 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

I'm still utterly confused by the Donna/Lance scenes but, I'm wondering if this was their lazy way of giving Lance a reason to not go back to the police force? At least for a little while or something?  I don't know, I'm probably reaching, maybe it's just setup for the Donna/Noah scene next week?

I think it's to free him up to leave at the end of the season, and maybe return to the force next season when there's (hopefully) a new mayor who might be vigilante-friendly if Arrow and Co. manage to save the city from total destruction again.

• Love 1
(edited)
59 minutes ago, nksarmi said:

I agree, but I don't think they ARE going to get rid of Malcolm and I've come to believe that they just can't resist the Thea/Malcolm dynamic no matter how much f-ing sense it does NOT make. She should hate him - no be a bitter, sullen child - but HUGE levels of hate. He drugged her, stole her free will, and forced her to kill a friend. There is NO coming back from that EVER!!!!!

Yeah, before Laurel died I was hopeful that Malcolm would finally get his comeuppance but now I think he's always gonna be around. And if that's the case, just keep him as a bad guy away from Thea please. No more 'misunderstood hero' crap. No more talking/working with Team Arrow. They should be done with him. They should have been done with him after he had Thea kill Sara (and before that when he murdered 500 people but whatever).

Edited by Angel12d
  • Love 2

Oh yea so I just realized that my rant about Malcolm drugging Thea, stealing her free will, and.... might very well apply to this upcoming episode as well. Shit show - I know you like to recycle but damn. This show has gotten to me to the point where I now kind of hope that crazy, pycho Anarky figures out a way to kill Malcolm so Thea is truly liberated and that is saying something.

2 hours ago, AyChihuahua said:

Oh joy, next week is all about DOING ANYTHING TO SAVE THEA and is Thea a good guy or a bad guy.

So do not care. 

I sincerely doubt that will be all the episode will be about. But it's not a good promo, I agree. They should have put other stuff in it as well. Also, hopefully Thea is bluffing.

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, bijoux said:

I sincerely doubt that will be all the episode will be about. But it's not a good promo, I agree. They should have put other stuff in it as well. Also, hopefully Thea is bluffing.

Oh yeah, there'll be other stuff too, and I'm looking forward to more Noah and Felicity, and I even enjoyed Anarky. Re Thea bluffing, I personally don't care. I don't care if she's faking being brainwashed, I don't care if she's actually brainwashed, I don't care if she escapes, I don't care if she's turned into a llama. I simply do not care about Thea and her forever repeating TWO storylines. I can't take it anymore. I was really excited about her at the beginning of the season, but they crapped all over my excitement.  

• Love 4

I think Monument Point finally convinced me that there isn't going to be a happy, romantic Olicity reunion by the end of S4, and especially not a wedding.  Felicity is going to have a hard time coming back from diverting the nuke to another town, and I can't see her thinking about love, even in a the-world-could-end-and-I-don't-want-to-live-one-more-moment-without-you scenario.  I think she and Oliver will reconcile, but she will be too consumed with guilt for not being able to save the tens of thousands to acknowledge to herself that she saved millions or to even think she deserves any happiness right now. I hope I'm wrong, because I don't want that misery for her.

S4--they promised us it would be lighter, and yet:

• Oliver kills #Poppy's brother ;-)
  • Guns down Felicity, leaving her paralyzed
  • Executes Amanda Waller
  • Olicity breaks up
  • Executes Laurel Lance/Black Canary
  • Digg kills his brother
  • Nukes tens of thousands of people
  • Love 2
3 minutes ago, EmeraldArcher said:

I think Monument Point finally convinced me that there isn't going to be a happy, romantic Olicity reunion by the end of S4, and especially not a wedding.  Felicity is going to have a hard time coming back from diverting the nuke to another town, and I can't see her thinking about love, even in a the-world-could-end-and-I-don't-want-to-live-one-more-moment-without-you scenario.  I think she and Oliver will reconcile, but she will be too consumed with guilt for not being able to save the tens of thousands to acknowledge to herself that she saved millions or to even think she deserves any happiness right now. I hope I'm wrong, because I don't want that misery for her.

I'm not so convinced, but even if it does happen like this, she will totally have Oliver in her corner to help her through it. That works for me.

• Love 8

I just need to know if #Poppy will die in the next episode or the finale. I'm guessing Oliver will have to kill her and...use his magical tattoo to do...something? 

I'm very confused at the writers' stance on lying. They bent over backwards to justify Oliver's lame-o "omissions" about BM, but now the focus is all on lies and lying liars who lie. Yet TA lies all the time. I'm confused as to what the resolution and takeaway is here. 

• Love 5
(edited)
11 minutes ago, EmeraldArcher said:

Felicity is going to have a hard time coming back from diverting the nuke to another town, and I can't see her thinking about love, even in a the-world-could-end-and-I-don't-want-to-live-one-more-moment-without-you scenario.

Considering WM said that she's going to come to terms with her part in the breakup (or whatever terrible phrasing she used), it seems like she'll be thinking it at least a little. And I think that any guilt she feels for sacrificing a few to save many is so that Oliver can help her through it, like she's done for him countless times before. Although I do agree that it's a little unclear where they'll end up as a couple in the finale.

ETA: Just thinking about it, maybe she already DID come to terms or whatever, and that was the whole "I said that because I was hurt, you can change" thing?

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 3
(edited)
21 minutes ago, EmeraldArcher said:

S4--they promised us it would be lighter, and yet:

• Oliver kills #Poppy's brother ;-)
  • Guns down Felicity, leaving her paralyzed
  • Executes Amanda Waller
  • Olicity breaks up
  • Executes Laurel Lance/Black Canary
  • Digg kills his brother
  • Nukes tens of thousands of people

Yeah, I was just going to comment on how empty those claims of "a lighter season" sound now. And I suspect that Felicity getting fired from PT is going to facilitate her leaving town (willingly or not) at the end of the season, which I really really do not want. I'm going to be all sorts of pissy and bitter if that happens, honestly. It's something that can't even be fixed by fanfic, because a whole summer of angsty fic where Oliver and Felicity are separated? No thanks.

Edited by lemotomato
to emphasize how much I hate the idea of Felicity leaving
  • Love 2
7 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

ETA: Just thinking about it, maybe she already DID come to terms or whatever, and that was the whole "I said that because I was hurt, you can change" thing?

Yeah.  it was one of those "zip through at lightning speed" storylines/revelations, as opposed to the "endlessly repeating storylines" for Malcolm/Oliver and Malcolm/Thea.

• Love 2
17 minutes ago, lemotomato said:

And I suspect that Felicity getting fired from PT is going to facilitate her leaving town (willingly or not) at the end of the season, which I really really do not want.

She lost her job, but she shouldn't have lost the financial interests in the company. I don't see why she wouldn't just start her own. 

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

She lost her job, but she shouldn't have lost the financial interests in the company. I don't see why she wouldn't just start her own. 

I'd like that. Felicity helping to rebuild SC on the economic side while Oliver works on the civic side? (I'm assuming Ruve is gone by the end of the season and he takes over as mayor.)

• Love 5