Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

But isn't technically s3 a season without any main character deaths? Sara and Maseo are just recurring characters, Thea didn't really die, and Roy just left. I get that s3 isn't really a season to defend, but I didn't come out of it thinking, "this show has to stop killing all of its characters." Honestly, when the grave showed up in 401, I just flashbacked to s2 when Moira died because that was the last time a main character really died. 

I don't think that they are clamoring to kill a character every season, because they haven't despite MG's comments, and like tangerine95 said, I think they have a certain line of characters that they're not going to cross/die.

• Love 4

I never say never because external reasons to kill characters are always in play. Who knows if a year from now won't there be a regular wanting out of their contract? It happens all the time, especially as shows get older and actors get bored. But do I think they can go a season without killing a regular? Sure.

Edited by dtissagirl
  • Love 7

Yeah I think there is a possibility of actors wanting to leave or something bts related and that forces the writers to kill off a character or send them away.Especially if the show goes beyond what the actors signed on for.But without those external issues I think they have some characters they wouldn't kill off.

• Love 3
20 minutes ago, way2interested said:

But isn't technically s3 a season without any main character deaths? Sara and Maseo are just recurring characters, Thea didn't really die, and Roy just left. I get that s3 isn't really a season to defend, but I didn't come out of it thinking, "this show has to stop killing all of its characters." Honestly, when the grave showed up in 401, I just flashbacked to s2 when Moira died because that was the last time a main character really died. 

I don't think that they are clamoring to kill a character every season, because they haven't despite MG's comments, and like tangerine95 said, I think they have a certain line of characters that they're not going to cross/die.

Personally I consider Sara a major death. She might not have been a regular, but killing her would be the same to me as if they killed Lyla or Donna - both of which would piss me the f off. I'm not saying they will kill off a regular in season five - but they could certainly kill off someone like Sara who is close enough to make it hurt. I'd much prefer they take a season off from killing "major" characters.

Though I just doubt seriously that the main cast is all safe until the end of the show. Diggle and Felicity might be safe until the last season - but I'm not even sure that's the case to be honest. The EPs just love their "gotcha" moments way too much for me to trust them completely. Of course, as Bkwurm said - we still could have to suffer through clones and amnesia instead of another death. Fun times!

• Love 2

For Oliver/Felicity, I'd rather suffer through amnesia than death or long-term separation due to kidnapping. But of course my preference is long happy, healthy relationship, while vigilante-ing together.

• Love 3

Sara might not have been technically a regular but going by season 2 she was as much so as Lance and how Laurel was this season. So her being killed in the s3 premiere was just as much a major death imo. Yes I know she's back now but when she died, she was dead dead. 

• Love 3

Evelyn Sharp is a "16 year old badass in the making" per Felicity.  Oliver feels like he failed her.  Her parents are dead.  What's the likelihood that Oliver takes her in or at least under his wing?  

I was really hoping with Laurel gone we'd cut down on the masks and focus on the characters we have left but with Curtis becoming a regular in s5 and this baby BC in the making (or so it seems, no idea if that will go beyond this season or not), it doesn't seem likely. Sigh.

• Love 3
9 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

I was really hoping with Laurel gone we'd cut down on the masks and focus on the characters we have left but with Curtis becoming a regular in s5 and this baby BC in the making (or so it seems, no idea if that will go beyond this season or not), it doesn't seem likely. Sigh.

I have no proof but, my gut is telling me that Starling/Baby Canary is being setup for a possible (team) spinoff.  

2 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

I have no proof but, my gut is telling me that Starling/Baby Canary is being setup for a possible (team) spinoff.  

Are you thinking in show when you say team spinoff?  

(edited)

Send Baby Canary to acting & fight training school and then perhaps she can come on a Flarrowverse show. I like the idea of Baby Canary and sadly she seemed more effective in her one episode then in the slew of other BC episodes, but it still was pretty bad. LoT already has enough questionable stunt acting (SL/CL excluded), we don't need another one.

I agree I think they are setting her character up for a spin-off or for a cast change in s7+. However, I don't think Baby Canary will be making appearances anytime soon. I think they were just using her to lay the foundation for the fact that the BC title & legacy belongs to LL, however we can put the mask on another person and pass it on to the proper person, it just wasn't Evelyn. And I think KC had it in her contract that she was to be the Black Canary and now according to LL's gravestone she was the "Black Canary", contractual obligation met. And in a few seasons, who knows what the Flarrowverse writers have up their sleeves.

Edited by kismet
  • Love 1

What about the spotted BC on set for the final episode?  Are we thinking Baby Canary returns to help or just the ghost of Buckles coming to offer her inspiration at a tough moment? 

I wouldn't be surprised if she returns to help TA. She hates DD and Ruve as much as TA does 

What do my fellow posters think about Felicity possibly getting her first kill in the finale? No spoilers just a suggestion? It could be that Cooper returns they get in a scuffle and she kills him in self defense? I'm kinda thinking they are heading towards Diggle killing Andy 

• Love 1

I get the feeling they are setting Baby Canary up for something. It's not so much from the episode as the BTS stuff. She follows the whole cast on SM, she likes and RTs everything about the Arrow renewal. I don't know if its Arrow she is joining or another spin-off, but its something.

If they are doing BC in a spin off and aren't using KC…..well then.

• Love 2

Considering not many critics/people liked baby canary, I really doubt the writers are going to bring her back full time or even as a recurring status next season. 

Please let me be right *fingers crossed*

• Love 7
(edited)
8 minutes ago, wonderwall said:

Considering not many critics/people liked baby canary, I really doubt the writers are going to bring her back full time or even as a recurring status next season. 

Please let me be right *fingers crossed*

This is something I am curious about because the reaction was not positive. I'm curious if they will change whatever plans they have.

7 minutes ago, AyChihuahua said:

If they wanted Baby Canary to be important to any of the Flarrowverse shows, they should have done a much better job with casting.

Young, pretty, questionable acting range and from Supernatural. They are repeat offenders at this point. 

Edited by Chaser
  • Love 9

The only terrible actors left as main characters in Flarrowverse shows are Hawklady and, IMO, Caitlin. I mean I hate Ray Palmer, but Routh is serviceable in the role. This chick was bad (I also don't think she's particularly pretty, but that's not the point.) 

I don't think she's staying. Liking all the other actors' SM just seems like Hollywood networking to me. She might be back every once in awhile, but I would be utterly shocked if she was back with any regularity on Arrow.

• Love 1

I didn't mean they are bad actress because they both appeared on Supernatural, I meant they are bad actresses that appeared on Supernatural. 

You are very protective of Supernatural. 

• Love 3

I posted a joint Flarrowverse promo in Spoilers Only and Oliver faces off with Deathstroke on Lian Yu! This is awesome for one and confirms it's a hallucination or something of the sort. I don't care! It's Deathstroke. Woot! 

• Love 5
(edited)

Deathstroke kicking Oliver's ass in that vision quest/hallucination/whatever that is! I want it Now.

Still wondering whether Felicity will be there in person or  she is part of the vision as well.

Edited by looptab
  • Love 2
(edited)

Oooooh nice! It's definitely a hallucination or something like that..maybe a ritual since we have been talking about magic the whole season.

I think neither Oliver or Felicity will be on the island in person, still I really like that she is there and Oliver isn't trying to find a solution alone. It's a step in the right direction.

Edited by Midnight Lullaby
  • Love 2

I don't think they'll be there either, I meant  whether it'll be a joint vision like when he and Laurel saved Sara, or he is the only one hallucinating and his mind conjures her. The fact that there's Deathstroke makes me lean on the latter - I had a similar thought as @Thundercatmary.

• Love 1

I thought they were somewhere together because of the BTS pic Glen Winter posted with the two of them because I can't otherwise explain the formal wear. Or it's Oliver that pictures himself as James Bond and Felicity with him wherever he goes that is also possible hahaha.

• Love 2

I think it is possible they're somewhere together and then Oliver has a vision or whatever and imagines Felicity there as well. I think there's a good chance of Darhk also being present in the vision. NM posted this on his Instagram four weeks ago. We haven't seen Darhk in that cave on Lian Yu, so I'd say signs point to him being present there for the vision. Unless it's just NM goofing off. Which is a possibility.

12424920_1684413681808975_1797923943_n.j

(edited)
10 hours ago, Sunshine said:

Are you thinking in show when you say team spinoff?  

No, i was thinking an actual spinoff series, something like BoP, Teen Titans, Young Justice or something more obscure.

As for the Deathstroke promo, definitely confirms the cave on Lian Yu is a hallucination  (which explains the formal attire). Since we know Olicity team up to find a magical element to help Oliver fight Darhk i hope they're in the hallucination together. Unfortunately there's that line SA gave out at a con "I thought of you" which could mean he dreamt of her on his vision quest.

Edited by Morrigan2575
3 minutes ago, dtissagirl said:

So, is this is gonna go -- Oliver's trapped in some weird magical dream state, and when Felicity asks how did he get out, he goes "I thought of you"?

Haha, there's a good chance.

By the way, what has become of our speculations.."magical dream state" , "magical journey"..damn magic! :P

• Love 1

It's actually:

Oliver (Stephen Amell) and Felicity (Emily Bett Rickards) look for a magical solution to defeat Darhk (guest star Neal McDonough)

• Love 2
14 minutes ago, dtissagirl said:

So, is this is gonna go -- Oliver's trapped in some weird magical dream state, and when Felicity asks how did he get out, he goes "I thought of you"?

Sadly, that's what I'm expecting

• Love 1
(edited)

I was dubious about the idea that O/F on Lian Yu was some kind of hallucination but I'm almost expecting it now. It would explain the fancy clothing, although I'm LOLing at the idea that Oliver pictures himself and Felicity all dressed up there. Haha. But if he's seeing Deathstroke then it has to be some kind of vision. Slade is imprisoned and I'd doubt he'd have his Deathstroke outfit on him, even if he managed to escape. 

I'm guessing the dark-haired woman we see in the pictures is leading him on some kind of vision quest a la Constantine in 405. Maybe he has to fight his darkest fears or something. 

I still want to know why the idol in the O/F pictures is white and DD's one is black. Are there two? Does one represent good and another evil? 

Edited by Angel12d
5 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

I still want to know why the idol in the O/F pictures is white and DD's one is black. Are there two? Does one represent good and another evil? 

Doesn't DD's have some kind of bedazzlements, too? The vision-quest idol is kinda plain jane. 

• Love 1

I'm actually borderline excited to see what happens with this vision quest. I hope it's one they take together. There's a pic that looks like Felicity is talking to/confronting excessive hair lady. I'm sure Oliver has a vivid imagination, but I'd like to see them on this quest together. Part of Oliver showing that he can open up and be a true partner. I just don't see any progress for them as a couple if he's the only one on this magical mystery ride. He can tell her he "thought of (her)" but so, I'm sure he thinks about her all the freaking time since she dumped his ass. I need Felicity to experience his growth. 

• Love 14
8 minutes ago, calliope1975 said:

I'm actually borderline excited to see what happens with this vision quest. I hope it's one they take together. There's a pic that looks like Felicity is talking to/confronting excessive hair lady. I'm sure Oliver has a vivid imagination, but I'd like to see them on this quest together. Part of Oliver showing that he can open up and be a true partner. I just don't see any progress for them as a couple if he's the only one on this magical mystery ride. He can tell her he "thought of (her)" but so, I'm sure he thinks about her all the freaking time since she dumped his ass. I need Felicity to experience his growth. 

Even though it does seem at this point that it might be all in Oliver's head, I've got to think that Felicity still has something to do with it more than just an "I thought of you". They ended the last episode with the two of them on the same page with trying to find a way to stop Darhk, and to completely sideline Felicity from that plot would seem somewhat strange to me.

I think that Oliver can still have the vision quest by himself, but as long as Felicity is there with him when he starts his little vision fight with Deathstroke and he starts sharing with her things that he's thinking and feeling, then I'll be okay with it. I'll just be excited if the two of them share a plot in the episode, since it seems that Diggle and Thea are off doing their own things in the meantime.

• Love 2

Oliver went on the quest with Laurel and yes there is a difference. 

Oliver does need to trust people with his life so I hope Felicity is actually on the quest with him. 

I think Felicity will be with Oliver on Lian Yu, either physically there or in a vision thingie. She appeared to be interacting with the lady in black. I wouldn't mind if they actually reconciled in this ep or at least move several steps forward. Part of me is hopeful they learned their lesson from last season when they wrapped up the Olicity reconciliation in 1 ep. I was glad they ended on a happy note but it wasn't satisfying. Felicity has already given Oliver her annual inspirational speech so they're already ahead of schedule.

• Love 3