Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

There wouldn't be anything wrong with this if your theories involved actual spoilers. Since they don't, it should go elsewhere. I don't think anyone was trying to keep you from theorizing, just trying to get you to move it to the right thread.

Got it.

Edited by catrox14

I think the best reason for having this year's flashbacks be Oliver's hallucinating is because of how awful they are.

I don't mind Poppy so much as I think she's a pointless character.  Reiter has a point (evil magic guy in the past), Conklin had a point (evilguyn who wanted to kill Oliver) but Poppy really has no point other than to give Oliver someone to talk to so that he doesn't have to do those awful monologues.  She might as well be a volleyball.

MG said that Oliver's flashback relationship with Poppy will contrast with his present day relationship with Felicity.  Is there going to be any more to that than Hallucination Shado telling him he's in love with her?  Or to show us how much better Felicity's wardrobe is than Poppy's beige?

SA rehearsing

CgEEDmDUUAElC6Y.jpg

Looking at that coat, it seems really cold there to me.  Could someone be regretting suggesting the new Arrow costume be sleeveless?

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 7

I am basically okay with SA, especially when he avoids making problematic statements and/or appearing in horrible beach pictures with horrible double gold necklaces, but I get a little frisson of schadenfreude every time it's made obvious how much a sleeveless suit sucks in FREAKING CANADA, DUMBASS.

• Love 3

I don't know hiw to embed a Twitter image from an iPad, so here's a link. That's Anarky's sign on the taxi. I actually sort of hope they only use visuals like this to let the viewers know he's around and not have him actually show up. I feel like he's more menacing as an idea than he is when he shows up. But it makes sense, this is the perfect environment for him.

https://twitter.com/rideyvr/status/721035270221471744

I never really blame him for the suit that much because my interpretation was that he was spitballing and as soon as they let him know they went with it, he was, oh, crap.

• Love 5

I wasn't thinking about her appearance at all...I was just thinking that Poppy's character is awfully bland for a person's mind to cook up.

And that's largely why I suggested she's a figment. Her characterization is so dull that it's almost not lifelike.

Like statsgirl said, she might as well be Wilson, the volleyball. 

I am basically okay with SA, especially when he avoids making problematic statements and/or appearing in horrible beach pictures with horrible double gold necklaces, but I get a little frisson of schadenfreude every time it's made obvious how much a sleeveless suit sucks in FREAKING CANADA, DUMBASS.

Wait, SA had input into the design of that costume? I didn't know that.

• Love 2

I am basically okay with SA, especially when he avoids making problematic statements and/or appearing in horrible beach pictures with horrible double gold necklaces, 

The gold necklaces were a really low blow. Like, he became instantly 500% less attractive. Whoever mentioned Jersey Shore at the time was on point.

Anarky has to come back, because I ship him with Thea. :)

• Love 2

Wait, SA had input into the design of that costume? I didn't know that.

Yes, he said something along the lines of, if we're changing it, let's go big, take the sleeves off...

I want to know whose idea the hard paddings were. And the quiver with two straps.

I would just feel really, really sorry for Oliver if Poppy was just a figment of his imagination. Talk about really beige inner life.

• Love 1

The gold necklaces were a really low blow. Like, he became instantly 500% less attractive. Whoever mentioned Jersey Shore at the time was on point.

That one picture in particular...everything about it was bad. The two gold necklaces, the untrimmed stubble, the vacant facial expression, and the massive gut (I get that the gut was probably a combo of bad angle/a few extra vacay beers/not great posture, but STILL). It all screamed not just Jersey Shore, but JERSEY SHORE USED CAR SALESMAN.

On topic, I like Anarky too. It does bug me that he's so tiny and can beat Oliver, though.

• Love 1

I've been waiting for signs of Anarky. They totally left that storyline open ended. Now I'm wondering if Anarky has something to do with Alex and Thea's vacation going horribly wrong. Hmm.

• Love 5

Didn't someone suggest a couple of pages back that each TA member would have to deal with their nemesis in 423?

Oliver - Darhk

Felicity - Noah or Cooper

Diggle - Andy

Thea - Anarky (although it should be Merlyn, damnit!)

Of course no idea how Brick plays into this. Unless dumbass switches teams again and it's Merlyn vs Brick (please no)

Of course no idea how Brick plays into this. Unless dumbass switches teams again and it's Merlyn vs Brick (please no)

Which dumbass?

To keep with the family theme, it really should be Thea vs. Merlyn.

Edited by bijoux

Didn't someone suggest a couple of pages back that each TA member would have to deal with their nemesis in 423?

Oliver - Darhk

Diggle - Andy

I'm still thinking it might be Thea vs. Merlyn, since they set it up in 415 and 418. Plus. If they're bringing Cooper back randomly, then they can randomly bring back Anarky too and still keep up with the family battle thing that they seem to be setting up.

• Love 1

Oliver - Darhk

Diggle - Andy

That was me! Ooh I hope it happens!! I want to see Felicity kick some butt literally!

STUNT CAR!

But where are the stunt motorcycles? Don't tease me like this, Arrow! If I have to deal with those stairs again, I deserve stunt motorcycles!

YOU ALREADY GOT MOTORCYCLE JOUSTING, WHAT MORE DO YOU NEED. 

• Love 9
(edited)

So Central City is under nuclear attack??

How do we know it Central City, again? I looked at the pics and it said HavenRock (or something like that). Is that in Central City? I'm only a casual Flash viewer so I have no idea about this name.

I know the other paper said Flash Fastest Man Alive? But I wasn't sure that they were related headlines.

ETA: I see it now. Central City Gazette

Edited by Morrigan2575

I think the headlines might be:
From the Star City Register - Flash: No longer the world's fastest man?
From the Central City Tribune - Nuclear Missile hits Havenrock Thousands feared dead, devastation 'beyond belief'
?? - Nightmare at Havenrock

So is it possible HIVE know about the Nuke and that is why they needed the Corn air? 

Maybe both Flash and Arrow will be living in total devastation? Perhaps Barry is trying to go back in time but something happen or he gets trapped on another Earth instead? I wonder if Flash will end on a cliffhanger again?

• Love 2

Does HIVE nuke a bunch of cities and that's why the Genesis project is so important as a place to be safe during the nuclear winter?

Will there be joint attacks on The Flash and Arrow?

Looking at the "Star City Security Services" sign,  it occurred to me that when  they decided to re-brand Starling City to Star City, a whole lot of businesses had to shell out money for new signs, new stationary and new advertising for their new names. I wonder how much resentment there was towards the City administration for that idea.

• Love 7

So is it possible HIVE know about the Nuke and that is why they needed the Corn air? 

If HIVE's plan is to nuke the world, it would make sense that they would want to live underground to avoid the nuclear fallout.  It would make sense that they have been testing the algae in the bay to create breathable air, so they can have a continued supply while living underground.  The corn could be a test to see if they could grow crops under simulated conditions, without real sunlight.  The power cell could provide a substantial power source to run things underground. 

Edited by ComicFan777
  • Love 7

Looking at the "Star City Security Services" sign,  it occurred to me that when  they decided to re-brand Starling City to Star City, a whole lot of businesses had to shell out money for new signs, new stationary and new advertising for their new names. I wonder how much resentment there was towards the City administration for that idea.

Ha!!  This is the exact same thought that went through my head when I read the Star City Security Services sign and was coming here to post that, lol. 

I also was admiring how quickly everyone got it done.  They must have threatened not to let business owners take vacation in May if they didn't comply and change the names right away.  

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 3

That was me! Ooh I hope it happens!! I want to see Felicity kick some butt literally!

I think its an amazing idea! That's totally in theme with this season. Also, notice that, if Thea fights Malcolm, it'll be family member against family member. A TRUE Schism.

Edited by ArrowFan

Guys, don't be Topic Cop. If you think a discussion is going off course, please use the report system rather than arguing.

We frequently have discussions in this thread that are wholly speculative or focussed solely on past episodes. We have pages of reasons why Oliver is a jerk for reasons that have nothing to do with spoilers. The flexibility to meander in this thread is extended to everyone.

• Love 1

I dunno. I had a thought that maybe all these flashbacks are really hallucinations or fuzzy memories because he's in Russia and being giving drugs or he's having a mental break. Maybe Poppy is real and she's been dosing him or something for vengeance. Who knows.

With magic idols, mind control pixie dust, lazarus pits and time travel, I think anything is possible now

Accidental post :( See below :)

Edited by kismet

a friend mentioned a theory she saw on twitter and I really liked it.  The theory is that Oliver takes Felicity back to Lian Yu in 420 to go looking for something magical to use against Darhk since that's where they found the totem.

I like that theory.  Make it happen show!

Can we get a Tarzan swing again? And maybe jungle make-up sex? It is episode 20 afterall.

I do like the idea of FS returning to the island to find something magical to take down DD... although I still think they'll incorporate his magical tattoo somehow.

• Love 1

I dunno. I had a thought that maybe all these flashbacks are really hallucinations or fuzzy memories because he's in Russia and being giving drugs or he's having a mental break. Maybe Poppy is real and she's been dosing him or something for vengeance. Who knows.

With magic idols, mind control pixie dust, lazarus pits and time travel, I think anything is possible now

Agree anything is possible.... I'll take just about any excuse to help them explain away the boredom & crappy writing of the FBs. So if they wanna spice it up with it all being (or at least a good portion of it) being in OQ's mind would be fine for me. I'm down with it :)

• Love 1

I think its an amazing idea! That's totally in theme with this season. Also, notice that, if Thea fights Malcolm, it'll be family member against family member. A TRUE Schism.

Why thank you! I do wanna see Thea vs Malcolm in the last episode of season with Thea slicing his head off like she wanted to do last season. I wanna see Felicity show that She's taken tips on fighting from Dig, Sara, Thea, Laurel and Oliver and kick Cooper's ass! Of course I don't expect her to be a master fighter lol. The only thing with the Family thing is Oliver isn't battling a Family member. While Felicity possibly fights her father AND Cooper

Can we get a Tarzan swing again? And maybe jungle make-up sex? It is episode 20 afterall.

I do like the idea of FS returning to the island to find something magical to take down DD... although I still think they'll incorporate his magical tattoo somehow.

You talk about the Tarzan Swing and now you've done it I'm picturing EBR in loincloths Damn you LOL Edited by jay741982
  • Love 1

If HIVE's plan is to nuke the world, it would make sense that they would want to live underground to avoid the nuclear fallout.  It would make sense that they have been testing the algae in the bay to create breathable air, so they can have a continued supply while living underground.  The corn could be a test to see if they could grow crops under simulated conditions, without real sunlight.  The power cell could provide a substantial power source to run things underground. 

Stop being so logical.... :)

I'm still half expecting them to find a baseball field in that corn and for DD to utter "if you build it, he will come". Gosh only knows who the "he" is...

• Love 2

Can you imagine the wonderful bloodbath? All in one episode:

Oliver kills Damien

Thea kills 

Diggle taking on Andy (but then when Damien dies, Andy snaps out of his ghostly-ness)

Felicity maaaaaaaaybe takes on her father? 

I would rather it is Felicity vs Cooper (who also filmed recently) than her Dad.

Mainly because I think Cooper is more evil and we still don't have enough on Papa Smoak to understand his character and motivations. 

Also Felicity I want Papa Smoak to give a glimmer of hope to Felicity and find out more about him in S5.

• Love 1

With Oliver and Felicity broken up, I'm scaling back my expectations for what qualifies as a big Olicity moment.  So rather than jungle make up sex, perhaps a sweet conversation and some cuddling for heat.  I'll even take shoulder touches if that's all that's on the table. 

• Love 1

I just hope now that we have passed BMD manufactured stupidity and Laurel's Death, we can move toward lots of nice moments leading up to an Olicity reunion.

I do really want a Sex scene in the next 2 episodes, but would also settle for Snuggles and sweetness, and an Olicity Stunt!!

Now that the idea of Olicty returning to Lian Yu is out there, I really want that to happen.

• Love 2