Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

(edited)

Stephen posted a pic of himself in boxing ring. Seems Arrow related.

BsPmzqnIgAA3Fd0.jpg

The word that Stephen is standing behind is "Ferris", it looks like to me. Anyone else see that?

Edited by Starfish35

who is Osbourne?  I got nothing....

He's a CIA agent in the comics (according to the Green Arrow wiki).

The word that Stephen is standing behind is "Ferris", it looks like to me. Anyone else see that?

Yeah, looks like it. They were also filming at a racetrack (unless this boxing ring is set up at the race track, IDK), so the gambling ring theory might just be correct.

He's a CIA agent in the comics (according to the Green Arrow wiki).

Ah, thanks.  The name was not ringing any bells with me.

That's the 2nd time Ferris (or were there others besides Ferris Air?) shows up on the show.  Hint of things to come or just an Easter Egg?

(edited)

Sunshine said: "Felicity is barely a blip in the DC Universe although I know they are adding her to the comics. I think we'll get some development for her but I won't be surprised if LL as BC gets more even if they are not talking about it. I would expect there to be more discussion on that closer to the season premier."

And I can't agree more. Bang on.

Edited by At Leisure

I cannot stress enough how much I loathe the idea of Felicity being Ray Palmer's EA. I hated it when the pulled that crap with Oliver but now there is no real reason for it. It would actually make more sense for Felicity to be back in her old job.

I know this whole bit of speculation is based on that instagram picture of Felicity wearing her EA clothes but I'm going with Wardrobe just decided to keep the new look.

I'm still hoping that she's set up a consulting company and is going to be an independent consultant to Ray Parker.  That also requires business-type clothes.  It's been two years since Felicity was a lowly IT worker, everyone else has grown (Oliver became a businessman; Laurel is probably and ADA at least: Thea gone from brat to club manager to whatever she is now) so I hope they give Felicity a change to grow too.

Because I like Felicity and I'm pessimistic about what the EPs are doing, I can see how the new spoilers could still lead to an Oliver and Laurel re-hookup.  Oliver's "because of the life I lead" speech to Felicity is consistent with his subsequent hook-up with Sara because what he's really saying is: "Because of the life I lead, it's better if I not try to have a normal life as Oliver Queen with a normal girlfriend that I could love."  By normal girlfriend, he means someone with little or no self-defense skills.  He can still be the Arrow and get involved with and care about someone who has awesome fighting skills (like Sara).  This means that he would not hook up again with the Laurel of the past two seasons, but if Laurel becomes the awesome fighting Black Canary, then he could allow himself to get involved with and love Laurel again.

Since Felicity was the one who administered the Mirakuru cure to Slade and has been on a number of missions with her guys, there is no way I could accept Laurel becoming such an awesome BC that she would be more fitting to be Arrow's LI than Felicity.  I'd have a hard time even with Sara again now that Felicity has done so much, much less Laurel ever.

I don't think the show needs a permanent Black Canary. Sara is perfect and can come back every now and then when needed. The problem some had with Sara was she was such a focus that Felicty and Diggle got shoved aside. With Laurel as a permanent Black Canary it will be a million times worse.

• Love 6

With Sara being trained, having the name and meshing well with Team Arrow she can go off and do her own thing and help Team Arrow when they need her. With Laurel we'll have to start from scratch, like spending time training her (which should take years if they want anyone to believe she can keep up with Oliver and Sara), watch her try to fit into Team Arrow and take the name of another character that is already better in the role. 

Probably doesn't mean much, but I think it's interesting that DC is releasing Sara's Canary as a collectible at Comic-Con:

https://twitter.com/mguggenheim/status/487638484773920768/photo/1

(putting this here because I figure it goes along with speculation about Sara vs. Laurel for BC next season?)

Why would DC invest in an action figure if she's only the Canary for one season... and sell it at the con the season after? Remember Arrow writers, strike SaraCanary down, and her action figure will only become more valuable!

IMDB says the title for the second episode is "Sara" not sure how reliable that is.

IMDb is user updated, I tend to not give stuff like that much credit unless I can find a source for it. We should get the episode title for 3.02 in about 2 weeks since they'll start shooting around 7/22.

I don't think the show needs a permanent Black Canary. Sara is perfect and can come back every now and then when needed. The problem some had with Sara was she was such a focus that Felicty and Diggle got shoved aside. With Laurel as a permanent Black Canary it will be a million times worse.

I think you're right and it would be better overall to have BC as a recurring character. I think in the beginning they envisioned a GA/BC partnership on equal footing somewhere down the line. The problem with that is the show has apparently shifted pretty far from what they first thought it would be. Laurel can't be a fighting partner any time soon because she is not on equal footing with Oliver. It should reasonably take years to turn her into an acceptable BC (they really should have started before now.) As it stands they risk her being a liability or (even worse IMO) a sidekick. She's also well-established as being stubborn, so I don't see her always following Oliver's lead. Even Sara, who was physically on equal footing with Oliver, also struggled to cede leadership to Oliver, which is what you'd expect to see from a character like Sara's Canary. But since this is Arrow, the leader is going to be Oliver, and I want it to be Oliver. I don't want to watch a constant power struggle, but I also don't want to see Canary as the sidekick. They're still squeezing Oliver's origin story into the narrative, so where do you fit Laurel's since she's starting at the bottom? It's definitely a damned whichever way they turn situation. And in splitting their Canary fan base, they've unintentionally made Laurel's plight that much worse. I know quite a few fans who grumbled about Laurel but were sticking with her until Sara arrived on the scene, you know? Sara was excellent for the overall narrative but not for Laurel in particular.

• Love 6

I don't know that the action figure means much at all. Those things are usually planned out several months in advance, and the action figures were apparently mostly spearheaded by a DC group, not anyone specifically involved with the show. The idea seems to have been "which characters look like cool comic book characters," not anything beyond that.  If the show really had to, they could argue, I guess, that the Black Canary figure is actually Laurel in her sister's costume and a wig, even though it's Sara, or say that they plan to release a second Canary figure that is meant to be Laurel next summer, which takes away the action figure issue.

I don't know that the action figure means much at all. Those things are usually planned out several months in advance, and the action figures were apparently mostly spearheaded by a DC group, not anyone specifically involved with the show. The idea seems to have been "which characters look like cool comic book characters," not anything beyond that.  If the show really had to, they could argue, I guess, that the Black Canary figure is actually Laurel in her sister's costume and a wig, even though it's Sara, or say that they plan to release a second Canary figure that is meant to be Laurel next summer, which takes away the action figure issue.

Yeah, if Laurel does become BC they can always release a second BC action figure - this time with fishnets...

Yeah, if Laurel does become BC they can always release a second BC action figure - this time with fishnets...

Sara has fishnets-they're on the outside of her pants for whatever reason.

But yeah, it probably doesn't mean anything.

Seeing that action figure just makes me sad and frustrated. Sara's amazing, and I'll never understand why they don't just do something else with Laurel and keep Sara as the real Black Canary. :(

• Love 3

I shudder every time someone speculates 'fishnets' for Laurel's Canary. Sara's gravity defying bustier was downright distracting - I'm not even trying to check out the girls, but boom! There they are impossible to ignore lol. Fishnets on a live action show would be way too Stripper!Canary for me. The lacing on the leather pants is just enough.

You know, I'm actually feeling pretty zen about all the spoilers. They're moving a little faster on the O/F front than expected, but I'm trying not to side eye that with too much suspicion. I kind of hope for no actual date because by the end of the season, who knows what they'll decide about Oliver's love life. I remain convinced that the Sara/Oliver rehash was not planned until mid-season. Sometimes the continuity of Oliver's love life makes me think the writers paste the ideas on a board and someone throws darts to see what will happen next.

Routh is not my fave actor, but he's probably good enough to handle Palmer, and he's perfect eye candy for this show. The boxing ring - you know, I'm okay if it is about Grant because if they really plan to push forward with Laurel as Canary then they need to go for broke - no more love triangles and CW drama tropes for her, just focus and see if they can whip her into shape already. I may grumble, and I prefer Sara, but if they make a solid attempt to sell it without too much hand waving and without interfering too much with Team Arrow then I'll try to support it. They should announce more re:Laurel at SDCC I guess.

• Love 1

I'm sure the idea for the action figure comes from DC and not the show.  But the one they produced looks just like Caity Lotz.  If they were planning on having Laurel become the BC, it would make more sense to have the action figure look neutral, like it could be any female, even KC.

(edited)

If Laurel's Canary shows up in fishnets and hooker heels, I'll just laugh. 

Even though Sara's cleavage was too much on display, at least she was wearing combat boots. It's the most I can hope for on show based on a comic book. The guys can be covered from head to toe but the girls have to be showing legs, butt or boobs, because that's what guys want to see. 

I wonder if Sara will be show up in her League outfit when she returns. That'll be another way for them to say Sara gave her outfit to Laurel since she doesn't need it anymore.

DC has been very supportive of Sara as the Black Canary, they would even call her the Black Canary when interviewing her. So I can see why they'd make her an action figure. 

Edited by Sakura12
  • Love 1

I wonder what KC thinks about Caity's Black Canary action figure.

I found an article on the new action figure line and this was said. Showing even more people that prefer Sara as the Black Canary.

And Black Canary! Though Caity Lotz may have headed for unknown areas with the League of Assassins at the end of season two, we’ll always have this action figure. Always.

The Oliver one's look weird, even the one with his shirt on.

http://mtv.mtvnimages.com/uri/mgid:file:http:shared:public.articles.mtv.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/arrow_v3_af_53bf46ea728965.98804907.jpg?width=1200&quality=0.85

(edited)

"Chief Lance" !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hello!?!?!!  I love it!  but what happened to PB's hair?  Aw, I liked it.  Though he does have a nicely shaped head... He also doesn't look old enough to be father to Laurel and Sara now.

Edited by writersblock51

The paps are posting spoilers on twitter

The Oliver, Lance, Laurel scene that was filmed earlier was a short 2 minute scene. Lance holding press conference, Oliver & Laurel are there to support him.

Vertigo 2.0 is filming tonight, so is Oliver, Felicity and Ray. No idea if it's different scenes, same location or if they're all there together for some event.

From Canadagraphs, yrshoots and that pursuit/ken guy

The paps are posting spoilers on twitter

The Oliver, Lance, Laurel scene that was filmed earlier was a short 2 minute scene. Lance holding press conference, Oliver & Laurel are there to support him.

Vertigo 2.0 is filming tonight, so is Oliver, Felicity and Ray. No idea if it's different scenes, same location or if they're all there together for some event.

From Canadagraphs, yrshoots and that pursuit/ken guy

Nice of Oliver to wear his GOOD flannel!

• Love 4
(edited)

I don't know if EBR's hair is shorter or not but in one of the CH/EBR interviews CH said something about them cutting her hair. She threw it over her head saying something about framing her eyes when he referred to it as a bob.  Not sure if they were serious or not but I have been curious ever since.

Edited by Sunshine
  • Love 1
(edited)

Isn't that the same dress Felicity wore last year (the red boob cut out dress) except in purple?  Are we sure it's not an old pic with the color played with?

Edited by BkWurm1
(edited)

PB looks so young with his head shaved.  I like Laurel's outfit in that picture, it's more lawyer-appropriate and I think she looks a lot healthier and prettier than last year.  I liked her hair better in the first season, though.  It was so much thicker and fuller looking.  Yeah, that's the same exact dress Felicity wore in red last year, so maybe someone just manipulated an older picture?  But it's possible she has the dress in purple too since she had that panel dress in two different colors last year. 

Yeah, Roy and Ray is going to confuse the hell out of me, I think.  I guess that they are kind of stuck with the name since he's in the comics, but couldn't they have used his middle name or something?  Not sure that comic characters even have middle names but I could see the actors getting confused and calling Brandon Routh Roy and Colton Haynes Ray.

Edited by SonofaBiscuit
(edited)

It is the same peek-a-boo dress she wore last season but in purple (IIRC not the first time she has worn the same outfit twice but in different colors). The photo was taken by a paparazzi an hour ago at BC place in Vancouver. The Arrow crew is now moving to do a roof top night shoot, so hopefully more pics from that. Also Ray is suppose to be there tonight.

Edited by Orion
(edited)

Anyone else finding it weird that Laurel is now also a blond?  Also, anyone out there familiar with the Short Hair Theory? The one that says only serious love interests get to have long hair?  Did EBR cut her hair or did TPTB MAKE her cut her hair?  And even if it has nothing to do with the Short Hair Theory then it is possible that they wanted her to cut her hair so that no one would mix up Laurel the blond with Felicity the blond which for whatever reason leaves me annoyed.  

Why is Laurel a blond!!!??? 

Yeah, I might be reading to much into this hair cutting thing but I have PTSD from past shows. 

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 3

I wonder what KC thinks about Caity's Black Canary action figure.

I found an article on the new action figure line and this was said. Showing even more people that prefer Sara as the Black Canary.

KC only reads about stuff that is flattering to her or her character, she probably has blocked everything related to Emily Bett Rickards and Caity Lotz. The girls loves her blinders alright

• Love 4

Anyone else finding it weird that Laurel is now also a blond?  Also, anyone out there familiar with the Short Hair Theory? The one that says only serious love interests get to have long hair?  Did EBR cut her hair or did TPTB MAKE her cut her hair?  And even if it has nothing to do with the Short Hair Theory then it is possible that they wanted her to cut her hair so that no one would mix up Laurel the blond with Felicity the blond which for whatever reason leaves me annoyed.  

Yeah, I might be reading to much into this hair cutting thing but I have PTSD from past shows. 

I don't think Emily Bett Rickards has cut her hair ... it is still the same. Willah has considerably shorter hair this season apparently.

If they were going to start forcing haircuts, you'd think they'd try giving Laurel Felicity's exact hairstyle. For a few seconds of her scenes show only the back of her head and general approval of Laurel would go through the roof.

I wonder if Willa's haircut will be played as a "meaningful haircut" for Thea.

(edited)

I don't know if EBR's hair is shorter or not but in one of the CH/EBR interviews CH said something about them cutting her hair. She threw it over her head saying something about framing her eyes when he referred to it as a bob.  Not sure if they were serious or not but I have been curious ever since.

I think CH and EBR were joking about the hair cut. EBR's hair still looks long. At least long enough to pull into a good-length ponytail. When my hair is cut in a bob, I get this sad little nub of a ponytail.

Even if KC is blonde, I don't think I could confuse the two from the back. KC's hair looks so stringy and limp now and EBR's hair is so thick. I doubt they'd have EBR cut her hair just to avoid confusion or because of the Short Hair Theory (which I've never heard of), but if they did, then I'd rage. I love EBR's hair.

Edited by AnyoneButYou

I doubt there's anyone making Emily cut her hair. It still looks like a long ponytail to me. I don't know about a hair theory, but a lot of entertainment contracts have clauses related to appearance. My brother had a very strict one when he was modeling. His weight and muscle tone had to stay within certain pounds/measurements and he had to go for weigh ins and be measured regularly. He couldn't tan too much, color his hair or cut his hair in certain ways - they even had something about body hair. I'd imagine a network as invested in pretty as CW would have something similar. I'm assuming that any big changes to appearance (hairstyles, hair color, etc.) would either be requested by the network or they might approve a request from the actor. This is why I don't believe KC's weight loss in S2 was related to method acting. I'll never believe a network like CW would approve such a thing. Personally I think Katie's hair looked much nicer in S1, but she was mostly blonde before that. Maybe everyone involved thinks it will help her image? Make her look more like Canary? I don't know but it's not necessary. Surely they'd have her wear the wig same as Sara. It's not that the color doesn't look nice on her but now everyone - Sara, Felicity, Laurel - is blonde and it's a little weird.