Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

Last year at this time, I was super-excited for the crossover.  I was lobbying for/telling people they needed to watch these shows because I knew the crossover would be great. And truthfully, it was really and truly great event TV.   This year....eh.  I think they are focusing on the two characters that will be the least liked and the most fantastical in the spinoff.  It already takes a high level of suspension of disbelief to enjoy these shows, but even for this universe, Hawkgirl/Hawkman Is pushing it. 

I'm an easygoing viewer - I can accept almost anything and rarely catch even the most outrageous mess-ups in the script until you guys tell me about them - BUT I find myself less than enthused about the Hawks.  Their story seems like it will completely pull me out of enjoying the rest of the plot.  I'm planning to watch LOT, but they are literally 7 and 8 on the list of reasons why.  I can't quite figure out why because Vandal Savage, OTH, has me very enthusiastic, 

I'm starting to think the reason they cancelled the fan screening is they were worried audience reaction would not be positive.  It's too ad because there are certainly fun and exciting stories to tell when the whole gang gets together, I just don't think this is one of them.

• Love 3

I think VS just stabbed OQ in the arm with one of his arrows

But the arrow doesn't look like it is in his arm, just in the general vicinity of it. That's what I'm having a problem with.

DEATH TO THE GRANDPA SHIRTS!

I'm starting to fanwank that Oliver is chosing these shirts to send Felicity subliminal messages. Look at my dad shirt. Doesn't it spell reliability, someone who you'd spend the rest of your life with and hand eleventy brilliant gorgeus kids with?

I really hope that's not the case, that the wardrobe department once again put a character in something that doesn't look good because the actress "likes" it. She's a gorgeous woman but that's not a good look.

Again?

• Love 3

"But the arrow doesn't look like it is in his arm, just in the general vicinity of it. That's what I'm having a problem with."

That is exactly what happened when Oliver was supposedly stabbing RAG in the side in his big move, and the sword was 100% visible outside of RAG's body.  It was PATHETIC.  (SUCH a terrible fight scene.)  So I wouldn't be surprised if he misses but it's played like he hits.

"Again?"

I'm guessing the BC outfit, which KC has said she had a lot of input into.

It looks like he jabs Oliver right above the wrist to me.

Hopefully tearing the hell out of the shirt.

Edited by AyChihuahua
  • Love 2

CVF_zA6XIAAFKuy.jpg

Heartbreaking is making me think Baby Mama will refuse to let Oliver have anything to do with the kid. And I could actually see Oliver having to come to terms with that. And changed would then be, now they (Oliver and Felicity) both know what they want (ie, a future together, kids someday) leaving them both more sure of what they want, together, and for things to be as sure as will ever Arrow be, allowing Oliver to be at a place where he feels he can propose to Felicity (strongly suggested happening the episode after, in 409).

Edited by Soulfire
  • Love 4

Ten Thoughts About This Year’s Flash & Arrow Crossover

http://www.ksitetv.com/green-arrow/ten-thoughts-about-this-years-flash-arrow-crossover/89103/

One, does Cisco have a death wish wanting to be in charge of the computers? Two, no one told Thea about everyone knowing The Flash? OMG, you don't see me as your equal! Kidding, not kidding.

I do really like how the article describes Oliver as being the captain and Barry the glue of the joined teams. It gives them both different, but equally valuable roles to play.

• Love 3

Here is my crack theory because I am getting cranky about hearing about this stupid crossover and secret children.

It is revealed that FS has a secret kid who is dating OQ's secret kid. And the said secret-kid couple is kidnapped by VS and brought through time. DD then meets said secret-kid couple and has built a time machine in the Bay to rescue them because he has a weakness for illegitimate secret children and wants to rescue them from VS. And then in the end we find out that MM is really the secret father of one of the children. **End of Flash episode**

The Arrow episode reveals that MM is the father of BabyMama's child. OQ remains childless. However, O&F bond over the emotional journey of having illegitimate children possibly stuck in time. VS gets stuck back in time with said secret children couple. DD time-traveling boat fails to work because QL steals something from the engine so it no longer works. RP volunteers to go back & rescue secret children. And the show ends with DD cursing the likes of Lances & failed time-travel.

Lastly during both episodes, LL has her arms crossed and is making an indescribable scowl/smirk.

• Love 8

I never know who to believe because everyone has such varying reactions and they often exaggerate. But I hope she's telling the truth too. As long as Oliver tells Felicity the truth about the kid, I can probably handle whatever else happens.

Here is my crack theory because I am getting cranky about hearing about this stupid crossover and secret children.

It is revealed that FS has a secret kid who is dating OQ's secret kid. And the said secret-kid couple is kidnapped by VS and brought through time. DD then meets said secret-kid couple and has built a time machine in the Bay to rescue them because he has a weakness for illegitimate secret children and wants to rescue them from VS. And then in the end we find out that MM is really the secret father of one of the children. **End of Flash episode**

The Arrow episode reveals that MM is the father of BabyMama's child. OQ remains childless. However, O&F bond over the emotional journey of having illegitimate children possibly stuck in time. VS gets stuck back in time with said secret children couple. DD time-traveling boat fails to work because QL steals something from the engine so it no longer works. RP volunteers to go back & rescue secret children. And the show ends with DD cursing the likes of Lances & failed time-travel.

Lastly during both episodes, LL has her arms crossed and is making an indescribable scowl/smirk.

Hee, have you been dipping into the meds?

• Love 2

Hee, have you been dipping into the meds?

Nope, I've just decided to drink the soap-opera Kool-Aid and push this show into an epic game-changing seismic level crazy, with just enough realism to it.

I forgot to add that we will see Barry run really FAST and Cisco daydream wobbly visions of the future or past.... After all it is a crossover, can't forget the xover cast. :)

Oh my goodness... maybe the Hawk Couple are really the secret children of FS & OQ/MM only reborn with wings!

Boom! All cast & plot from 3 shows accounted for.... and mic drop...

• Love 5

I'm curious how they are going to write Laurel out of the Flash portion. Are they suddenly going to remember she is an ADA? Lance and Laurel bonding trip? She followed Sara to CC to visit her mother? The Team forgot to tell her anything?

I'm telling you DD has a secret time-machine submarine or boat hidden in the bay....

Or maybe its a secret portal to take you wherever you want and that explains why it takes minutes to travel from SC to NP.

Bonus points for me if there is a similar portal on the shores of Lian Yu. :)

• Love 2

Y'all are freaking me out, and I'm already filled with dread on how they're going to handle the upcoming angst. I'm having flashbacks of the season 3 misery

I'm not going through that shit again.  They have her nearly die, miscarry, end up paralyzed, and I'm out.  S3 was ALL THE MISERY they get from me.  They used it all up.  I'll read good fanfic, but otherwise I'll be out.

I don't know if I really see this show going that dark with Felicity after the angst fest of last year. Boyfriend's surprise kid, accident, miscarriage, paralysis? Maybe a combo version but not all of that. 

However, I don't doubt in the tone deafness of TPTB and their inability to write a moving, emotional story so we'll see what happens!

I also have zero interest in the Hawks. I hope this crossover can generate my desire to see more of them and isn't a waste of two hours. Initial reports seem favorable, but I don't know.

• Love 5

I don't fear the angst, but how much bored I will be by the Hawks.

Though I' m curious to see Thea react ro Barry. And I wonder if Laurel will have any significant scene at all.

Other than reaction/action shots, I'm not anticipating significant scenes with Diggle/Thea or Laurel.

From what we are hearing:

Oliver and Barry are the Green Arrow and Flash.

Cisco has his connection to HawkGirl and his obvious tech contributions.

Felicity has her connection to Oliver (and thus William and the Mother), her friendship with Barry (and Team Flash) and her obvious tech skills.

Caitlyn has her subplot with Jay.

• Love 1

About the cliffhanger at the end of the crossover, it could be that we find out what DD cares most about. After all, Oliver taking it is why he retaliates in 4x09. This would be a good moment to introduce it. I'm convinced it's that box so either it's revealed what it is or Oliver somehow gets a hold of it.

• Love 2

You guys are channeling your inner Tatsus with the one DD "cares about the most".... :)

I don't mind the cliffhanger endings & shocking reveals at the end. I am not looking forward to them being tragic or sad for OQ & FS 2 weeks in a row. Which is why I think 408 will be DD related and 409 will be something bad happening to FS.

Edited - because I put 2 instead of 4... Ooops.

Edited by kismet

You guys are channeling your inner Tatsus with the one DD "cares about the most".... :)

I don't mind the cliffhanger endings & shocking reveals at the end. I am not looking forward to them being tragic or sad for OQ & FS 2 weeks in a row. Which is why I think 208 will be DD related and 209 will be something bad happening to FS.

Do you mean 408 and 409 LOL

• Love 1

Nah, Neal McDonough mentioned Oliver would get or target the thing that mattered most to DD a while back and that's why he would retaliate.

Laura Hurley says the crossover is better than she expected, but there's one big thing she'd definitely change if she could.

I'm telling you, Felicity is pregnant.  And obviously it's too early for that, plus we know she's hurt next episode, so if she is pregnant she loses it.  That's these assholes version of a "lighter" season.  Barry fights superpowered gorillas; Oliver loses a wanted pregnancy.

Assholes.

• Love 3

Hmm. It might not be anything to do with Felicity/Olicity. She could just want to change the baby mama crap. I know I would. 

I mean, I wouldn't put it past this show to do a pregnancy storyline this early but I'm gonna live in my delusion that it's not happening because no thanks!

Hmm. It might not be anything to do with Felicity/Olicity. She could just want to change the baby mama crap. I know I would. 

Somebody posted that comment and she said it was much more specific.

I mean, I wouldn't put it past this show to do a pregnancy storyline this early but I'm gonna live in my delusion that it's not happening because no thanks!

Jinx with bijoux.

I totally agree a pregnancy storyline is too early, but that's the problem.  If she is pregnant, they're going to have her lose it.  And not even a regular miscarriage, which is sad enough, but one brought on by violence.  That's more misery, after a whole season of misery.  Plus probable paralysis (surely temporary, but still).  And yeah, I'm sure O/F will come out of all of it stronger, and that's great and all, but I still don't want misery piled on misery, and I particularly don't want misery for Felicity.  

Edited by AyChihuahua
  • Love 1

Someone asked a reviewer for 4 words to describe Oliver and Felicity in the crossover, and she picked "heartbreaking" as one. So, if there is a baby, I imagine maybe it'll be handled this week instead of next. Or maybe there's just a scare and they decide they want it, then find out it's nothing after all. Or maybe the heartbreak has to do with baby mama not wanting Oliver involved in the kid's life. IDK.

• Love 1