Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

No way is Oliver strong enough to be able to keep Laurel from falling down. He'd probably fall down too. The whole shot is going to be a visual affect like on Flash and the train jump scene last week and it's just for Laurel to Kick some Guy? It makes me want to bang my head against a wall. I want the stunt work from the first 2 seasons back when more often than not the fighting was a physical stunt and done well. 

What did you think she was going to do? It seems like they aren't where the bad guys are or are forced apart from Diggle/Speedy so this is how she gets back to the main fight helping Diggle.

• Love 8

Yeah I'm curious about how they will shot that. The camera is dead on Laurel but that doesn't look like a stunt they would let KC do.

They have to be careful with the super-impressed comments/looks thrown LLs way. It's LanaLangish. Let the stunt double do the talking.

• Love 1

Yeah I'm curious about how they will shot that. The camera is dead on Laurel but that doesn't look like a stunt they would let KC do.

They have to be careful with the super-impressed comments/looks thrown LLs way. It's LanaLangish. Let the stunt double do the talking.

They will probably have her stunt double do the jumping then do a close shot with Katie then a wide shot with the stunt double and end with a close up of Katie. But it is also probably a mixture of cgi since they wouldn't actually be shooting the Arrow zipline.

Edited by Primal Slayer

Stunt doubles are there for a reason. I dont care if actors use them all the time or rarely. But when you go on talking how much of stunts you do yourself and then one spots her stunt double in a shot where one wasnt really required. It starts to bother me.

• Love 8

Stunt doubles are there for a reason. I dont care if actors use them all the time or rarely. But when you go on talking how much of stunts you do yourself and then one spots her stunt double in a shot where one wasnt really required. It starts to bother me.

Actors don't decide which stunts they can do, they can push to try to do them but they are easily turned down. And wow 1 episode out of 23 thus far.

Reason number 5,789,456 why killing Sara Lance was the dumbest thing Arrow has ever done. Caity was one hell of a physical actress who could actually do a decent amount of her own stuff.

• Love 6

Reason number 5,789,456 why killing Sara Lance was the dumbest thing Arrow has ever done. Caity was one hell of a physical actress who could actually do a decent amount of her own stuff.

That's why CL said she's excited that White Canary doesn't wear a mask. That means we'll get to see her doing a lot of the stunt fighting. 

• Love 7

I don't care if there is a stunt double. It's when the stunt work doesn't work for me that I have issues. The scene already looked like a visual affect since Laurel Jumped on the wire before it hooked into anything. Now with her sliding full open in the comic preview I have to believe the whole stunt was a visual affect. It takes a lot of money for visual affects to look well imo. I like the use of visual affects to enhance a stunt not be the stunt. 

Edited by tarotx
  • Love 7

I would guess it's a mix of SFX and stunt. The real wire is probably there all the time, and Stephen is shooting nothing, and they're replacing the real wire the stunt double uses with the CGI wire.

Then they can get away with a front shot of KC without her making the initial jump, but just sliding down the wire.

• Love 3

That's why CL said she's excited that White Canary doesn't wear a mask. That means we'll get to see her doing a lot of the stunt fighting. 

Meanwhile I'm sure Atlin is grateful for the job security in a risky business, Also the blonde wig makers.

• Love 1

Its general bitterness with stunts on the show. I miss the tight hand-to-hand combat fights. I don't like playing the how-are-they-going-to-hide-double. I think Because Comics is the worse offender because of her general look with the open mask and no wig. Speedy/Green Arroe has a hood to hide their face

• Love 5

I would guess it's a mix of SFX and stunt. The real wire is probably there all the time, and Stephen is shooting nothing, and they're replacing the real wire the stunt double uses with the CGI wire.

Then they can get away with a front shot of KC without her making the initial jump, but just sliding down the wire.

This makes sense.

Changing gears a bit, I really really hope Elysia Rotaru is a good actress? Because looking at her IMDb page, I've actually seen THIRTEEN episodes of television she's been in, some of them more than once... and I don't remember her at all.

• Love 6

From the Enstarz article (in Spoilers thread):

Enstars: We know your character is being kept pretty under wraps so tell us whatever you can about her.
Elysia Rotaru: As much as I would love to talk about her we all have to wait and meet her when my first episode airs October 14. But let's just say she brings humanity to the world we see her in. She's an interesting woman who challenges me and is a lot of fun to play!
What drew you to this character?
Her fight and spirit.
How much of Oliver's past will come to light through your character?
I think fans will really start to understand more of what makes Oliver Queen the Green Arrow.

It doesn't sound like her character is a villain.  She sounds like someone who tried to bring light to Oliver in the flashbacks - and I'm guessing, failed.

Edited by tv echo

Changing gears a bit, I really really hope Elysia Rotaru is a good actress? Because looking at her IMDb page, I've actually seen THIRTEEN episodes of television she's been in, some of them more than once... and I don't remember her at all.

I did too and I'm drawing a total blank.

Brings a humanity to his world? I thought this was a 'dark' romance to compare to his 'light' one with Felicity. I still don't get him falling in love with her. He is going darker and he has lost two former lovers at this point. I would think love isn't something he would even want to be involved in.

• Love 7

Its general bitterness with stunts on the show. I miss the tight hand-to-hand combat fights. I don't like playing the how-are-they-going-to-hide-double. I think Because Comics is the worse offender because of her general look with the open mask and no wig. Speedy/Green Arroe has a hood to hide their face

FYI, Spot the Stunt Double makes for an excellent drinking game

• Love 5

I think a scene with Oliver calling Cisco to get a "Code Name" for Felicity would have been funny. I know, I think everyone knows how he likes to give out names. He doesn't have to always give them to Meta-humans I'm sure he'd gladly come up with a name for Oliver, especially since its for Felicity.

• Love 2

From the Enstarz article (in Spoilers thread):

It doesn't sound like her character is a villain.  She sounds like someone who tried to bring light to Oliver in the flashbacks - and I'm guessing, failed.

This is not what I expected. Are they trying to say she was a Felicity-esq kind of character? Because Felicity brings humanity and has plenty of fight and spirit. I'm a bit confused.

But of course there's only one Felicity so maybe she doesn't help Oliver the way Felicity does? I don't see where the contrast will come in otherwise.

So, the love interest in the flashbacks will be grave number 4? Maybe she will be like Felicity but unlike Felicity she couldn't stop him from losing himself in the darkness but Felicity manages to do just that. I swear though if they kill Felicity after this season, I won't be back for season 5.

I feel like ERs response is classic actress spin for a LI. I don't think what she says has any bearing on anything at this point. In the other interview video in the spoiler section, it seems like she gets her scripts very late - which makes me think they are still honing who and what her character will be. I think she is just trying to make the strongest sales pitch for her character.

I hope she brings something to the table if they are spending time on her. I wouldn't say CJ or CL were the best actresses, but their fighting skills were realistic & each brought a vulnerability or strength to their characters even if the acting was so-so.

Not that I wanted to get back to the death speculation (I don't I don't I don't), but I am curious about something in that Barry/Oliver scene. The graveyard scene takes place six months after the episode. Barry said The Flash thing has been around for 8 months. If we assume it was in honor of Flash day, then the death has already happened right? If we assume it was sometime after he 'saves the city' but before the start of the season, does that push up the death to mid season?

Or I am not thinking about this right. Or I am and they just didn't pay attention to the timeline.

Eight months to the crossover episode makes sense but wouldn't Barry have been there with Oliver in April 2016?

I'm a bit disappointed that ER's character "she brings humanity to the world we see her in" because I think it would have been more interesting to see Oliver with someone Isabel-like, which could also have explained the attraction to and acceptance of Isabel after she tried to take his company and put everyone out of work.  I guess I'll have to see how it plays out.

This is the show that brings people back from the dead repeatedly, bankrupts the Queens because Thea refused to sign a paper, miniaturizes a person and has arrows stopped by magic.  Laurel going down the zipline doesn't even stretch my suspension of disbelief.

OMG--I now know I've read way too much Olicity fan fic because that sounded like pure, unadulterated smut to me! (Unsure whether to give you a saucy wink or to slink away back to my gutter...)

Wow, I meant that in a pure, Sir Gawain fashion but your interpretation works too.

This is my first season watching the show live so to say. What's the usual deal with clips, do they release some for every episode or not?

They usually do a clip or two before it airs, and as NumberCruncher said, a producer's preview.  But they tend to come late, sometimes the last clip is out around noon the day the episode airs.

Marc Guggenheim posted this on Twitter.  An action sequence from this Wednesday's episode. Love how MOST of the talk is ALL about Olicity and Diggle. This show if they mess with this gold mine than they're just STUPID no other word could explain it.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CQVaaa2WcAASTtg.jpg

CQVaaa2WcAASTtg.jpg

LOL at Felicity saying "I just know we're not going to talk about this."  She knows Oliver.

I wonder if Diggle gets his code name this episode and that's what prompts Felicity into wanting one too.

• Love 1

Finding out that the past LI is bringing the humanity to the world around her or whatever makes it less likely that she's a baddie or morally ambiguous, both of which I was hoping for. I thought it'd be a less obvious parallel to Felicity, LOL @ me.

Seems likely she's the fourth grave, which also makes it likely that she gets offed to make Oliver go darker, which...no thanks. Hopefully they do something different with her, like have her betray him.

• Love 6

I also thought her character was going to be a dark character since her purpose is to contrast Oliver's relationship with Felicity. But if she's good, then it means she fails at drawing Oliver to the light, contrasted with Felicity, who succeeds. I think it further emphasizes Felicity's importance in his life and her link to his humanity. They are so endgame it's not even funny.

• Love 4

I'm confused where is this 8 months crossover stuff coming from?  Are we saying 208/408 takes place 8 months from the season premieres?

That scene at jitters with Barry. There is a sign about The Flash and Oliver asked how long that had been going on and Barry said about 8months. I was curious about when that 8months started. If it was April with the black hole or when the season started..because since it was 6months since the grave.

(edited)

That scene at jitters with Barry. There is a sign about The Flash and Oliver asked how long that had been going on and Barry said about 8months. I was curious about when that 8months started. If it was April with the black hole or when the season started..because since it was 6months since the grave.

Ah, thanks for the explanation,  I didn't watch the Flash trailer.  8 months would make sense if we're talking April-December which kind of lines up (the finale was in May but it's close enough).   

Edited by Morrigan2575

No, in The Flash premiere, Barry is shown cleaning and fixing it up one night (then Iris says that people have been talking about how all these businesses/buildings are getting fixed overnight, so Barry's been doing that as penance WHICH HE SHOULD). Presumably they have more than one location though, hence the eight months they've been serving the drink?

• Love 2

Arrow villain Damien Darhk will appear on both DC's Legends of Tomorrow and The Flash this season, ComicBook.com has learned exclusively.

During an interview with ComicBook.com, the full text of which will run tomorrow, actor Neal McDonough, who plays the character, mentioned his appearances on the other CW superhero series, and The CW has confirmed the appearances.

Of course, with time travel playing a role on both The Flash and Legends of Tomorrow, it isn't totally clear that Darhk's story will all sync up with the current Arrow plotline. It was actually the idea of going backwards in Arrow flashbacks that brought it to McDonough's mind.

"You go back to the League -- I did an episode of Legends last week -- and I look exactly the same in 1975 but you see he's not as confident and doesn't have such an agenda forty years ago as he does now," McDonough said. "So it's fun to play the different times, you know? Going back in time with Legends, and The Flash, with The Flash, I'm just this crazy, fun, enjoy everything while I kill everybody type of character. It's just nuts."

He also seemed to imply -- but stopped short of actually saying -- that the centuries-old Damien may have some relationship with Legends of Tomorrow big bad Vandal Savage.

"I'm enjoying the power that I have because it's my time," he said of his character. "It's not Savage's time, it's not Ra's al Ghul's time; it's Damien Darhk's time."

McDonough gave us a lot of insight to just what makes Damien tick, so check back this time tomorrow for the full conversation. The Flash airs Tuesdays at 8 p.m. ET/PT and Arrow Wednesdays at the same time, both on The CW. DC's Legends of Tomorrow is expected along in January.

http://comicbook.com/2015/10/12/exclusive-damien-darhk-to-be-on-the-flash-legends-of-tomorrow/

• Love 1

My first reaction was oh. My. God. Just no. Keep the Arrow villain on Arrow. But I actually don't mind this back in time thing. Not that I'll be watching it but it sounds ok.

I did too and I'm drawing a total blank.

Brings a humanity to his world? I thought this was a 'dark' romance to compare to his 'light' one with Felicity. I still don't get him falling in love with her. He is going darker and he has lost two former lovers at this point. I would think love isn't something he would even want to be involved in.

Yeah, I'm confused about the whole storyline now too because it lined up differently in my head. Although it's not like we actually know that much (or anything really) about either her or the flashback bad guy.

• Love 1

No, in The Flash premiere, Barry is shown cleaning and fixing it up one night (then Iris says that people have been talking about how all these businesses/buildings are getting fixed overnight, so Barry's been doing that as penance WHICH HE SHOULD). Presumably they have more than one location though, hence the eight months they've been serving the drink?

As Barry should totally agree with you. Was actually kinda pissed that they pulled BA out of his guilt trip so quickly in F201. Although GG did look more mature during most of ep, who knew broody & guilt-ridden look good on him.

I have seen how OQ does construction work in s1. I am not opposed to a whole season of watching OQ rebuild SC from scratch. Heck the rewards might be tripled - OQ will finally get some respect & a job, while we get to watch him using various methods to move large heavy objects, hopefully in fitted shirts or even better shirtless. ;)

• Love 5

The suit actually looks so much better without the buckles. Like a real fighter's bodysuit.

Oddly, I was watching a re-run of SNL from 1990 with Steven Tyler of Aerosmith on it the other night. He was wearing leather style lace stretch pants which looked very rocker and my first thought was they should get those for BC.

Edited by kismet
  • Love 1

Are they trying to say she was a Felicity-esq kind of character? Because Felicity brings humanity and has plenty of fight and spirit.

It certainly sounds like it to me.

I hope that after the failure of Oliver-lite a.k.a Ray (YMMV, but I'm playing the Atom becoming LOT card to illustrate my point) the writers will be wiser than providing the audience with a Felicity-lite character. A copy can only be inferior to the original, imo, and a rival LI even in flashbacks is already by nature a candidate for backlash.

• Love 3

Enstars: We know your character is being kept pretty under wraps so tell us whatever you can about her.

Elysia Rotaru: As much as I would love to talk about her we all have to wait and meet her when my first episode airs October 14. But let's just say she brings humanity to the world we see her in. She's an interesting woman who challenges me and is a lot of fun to play!

What drew you to this character?

Her fight and spirit.

How did you prepare for this role?

I reviewed a lot of Arrow, especially the flashback scenes.

Do you know exactly how many episodes your character is appearing in?

I don't have a clue. I just get the magical call from my team.

How will your character first be introduced to viewers in the new season?

All I am allowed to say at this time is that she will be in the flashbacks and you can't miss her.

When I read the part of this interview, to me it actually sounds a lot like when KC talks about LL in earlier seasons. So I am not concerned because its just standard PR language for someone playing a potential love interest. I still think she has the potential to be a bad influence. Maybe she's not 100% evil, but she could still dabble in darkness. Humanity by definition is the nature of being human. I don't think she is referencing the virtue of humanity, which is something entirely different. Humans by nature are flawed. She can bring humanity to the world she is in because she can show both the evil & good side of the world.

It would make sense that he would be drawn to someone that is conflicted like him. Perhaps she just goes a little darker than he does. I feel like her interview doesn't actually provide any evidence as to who her character is, except that there is a connection between OQ and her character. If anything, the fact that she describes her character as an "interesting" person that challenges her to me implies that she is going to be a complicated woman with multiple shades of humanity.

• Love 2

It certainly sounds like it to me.

I hope that after the failure of Oliver-lite a.k.a Ray (YMMV, but I'm playing the Atom becoming LOT card to illustrate my point) the writers will be wiser than providing the audience with a Felicity-lite character. A copy can only be inferior to the original, imo, and a rival LI even in flashbacks is already by nature a candidate for backlash.

Oh, I'm not worried about her because I 100% believe Oliver is madly in love with Felicity to the point where he sees no one else and also, the new LI is from the flashbacks so it doesn't really matter. It's all history now. I just thought it was interesting because I assumed that she'd be a villain or something. But it looks like she's gonna fail where Felicity succeeds so...

I am betting the actress knows diddly at this point.  The character could start out nice (I mean seriously, Oliver is the BIGGEST SUCKER when it comes to women) and quickly show true evil-ish colors.  I mean, these writers really make stuff up as they go (is Isabel good?  bad?  Ravager?  Slade's daughter?  basically just a jerky businesswoman but otherwise not evil?  we'll figure it out later, ladies and gents!), so even if they've told her something, which I SERIOUSLY doubt since she's basically just a no-name guest star, they're likely to change their minds a thousand times throughout the season.

• Love 12