Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

I could see The CW doing a summer hero mini show. Though they are probably afraid of ratings possibly being bad.

I don't think the CW cares that much about ratings, so long as the profit margins/ratios are good. And they seem to make most of their profits outside of the traditional ratings system. Its a lot about their packaging deals & selling to different markets.

Edited by kismet

I'm liking the sound of the spoiler just posted - that Oliver is balancing his two families - Team Arrow and his relationships with Thea and Felicity. It's nice that Felicity is acknowledged as part of his family now but also that we'll hopefully see his relationship with Thea explored and built on from s3. Oliver/Thea was one of the better parts of last season so I'm glad they're not dropping that.

Also really happy to see some hints about Diggle again. I was getting worried that we weren't hearing anything about him but now I just think he's too interwoven in all the spoilery stuff. Yaaaasssss!

• Love 4

I'm so torn, because most of what I'm hearing about S4 sounds promising.  But I'm so mad about S3 still, and have no trust in the writers.  I guess I'll just see how the premiere goes, but after that I'm planning to watch only after I know what happens.

Well, MOST of it sounds promising.  Not this:  THE THEME THIS SEASON IS... “Family,” says executive producer Wendy Mericle. “What it means to be part of a family, what defines family, and specifically how Oliver balances his two families (Team Arrow and his personal relationships with Thea and Felicity).” Of course, Malcolm Merlyn (aka the new Ra's al Ghul) is technically family too.

Malcolm is not family.  He is an evil psychopathic cockroach.  Who will apparently never just frigging die.

Edited by AyChihuahua
  • Love 3

Felicity is an adrenaline junkie. LOL. That makes it sound like she intentionally goes searching for things that gets her adrenaline going when really I think she just enjoys what they do - helping the city and having a purpose beyond IT. Unless they mean something else and if so I have no clue what they're talking about.

• Love 1

Felicity is an adrenaline junkie. LOL. That makes it sound like she intentionally goes searching for things that gets her adrenaline going when really I think she just enjoys what they do - helping the city and having a purpose beyond IT. Unless they mean something else and if so I have no clue what they're talking about.

I'm guessing that they are gonna to give her more hobbies that align with OQ's adventurous side like perhaps more motorcycles, fast cars, airplanes. From the pictures we saw hiking. I wonder if will see or hear mention of wild outdoors activities. They could do rock climbing and propelling. I would seriously like to see them have her bungee jump or even skydive again. Perhaps she overcomes her fear of heights, now that she has OQ to help her fully process them.

Frankly, I don't know how they are going to show a more adrenaline side. Unless it means she is going out into the field more, or doing missions. :) Any way they can show her adrenaline side I'd be down with. Here's hoping its not just the machine gun - because then I'll have to start questioning is WM also has a knack for over-exaggeration in interviews. Please I hope not.

I'm guessing that they are gonna to give her more hobbies that align with OQ's adventurous side like perhaps more motorcycles, fast cars, airplanes. From the pictures we saw hiking. I wonder if will see or hear mention of wild outdoors activities. They could do rock climbing and propelling. I would seriously like to see them have her bungee jump or even skydive again. Perhaps she overcomes her fear of heights, now that she has OQ to help her fully process them.

Frankly, I don't know how they are going to show a more adrenaline side. Unless it means she is going out into the field more, or doing missions. :) Any way they can show her adrenaline side I'd be down with. Here's hoping its not just the machine gun - because then I'll have to start questioning is WM also has a knack for over-exaggeration in interviews. Please I hope not.

That would be a complete character reversal, and I would hate it.  This is the girl who nearly barfed just swinging over an elevator shaft in Oliver's arms, and did barf after skydiving, even harnessed to Digg.  I mean, I am NOT an adrenalin junkie, but I went skydiving once, static line, and I HATED it.  But I didn't barf.  She does scary things because it's necessary, not because she thinks they're fun. 

I think Felicity is going to keep getting into siturations and someone or perhaps she will make a joke about how she's an adrenaline junkie.

That sounds in character and would be pretty funny I think. Maybe situations that she clearly doesn't like and she just has to run with it, like the whole thing with the machine gun. 

That would be a complete character reversal, and I would hate it.  This is the girl who nearly barfed just swinging over an elevator shaft in Oliver's arms, and did barf after skydiving, even harnessed to Digg.  I mean, I am NOT an adrenalin junkie, but I went skydiving once, static line, and I HATED it.  But I didn't barf.  She does scary things because it's necessary, not because she thinks they're fun. 

I don't think it would necessarily be an entire character reversal. However, I could see how if not handled properly it could look like that (esp with these writers). I just think now that she is coming more into her own confidence, some of her behaviors may change. She might crave a little more adrenaline than she did in s1 & early s2 when some of those fears were verbalized. She might be more adventurous now that she is more mature, in a stable relationship, has 2 amazing jobs she loves and has lived through some adrenaline charging activities. I could see that the vacation might have broadened her horizons & perhaps made her bolder. I don't want her joining a sky-diving club anytime soon, that would be out of character. But partaking in some extreme activities seems like something she would try.

Perhaps it might be fun if FS & OQ reminisce about some extreme adventures they had on their vacation. I tandem sky-dived once and it was probably one of the best experiences of my life. It was actually easier to do than Bungee jumping, which was also fun but scarier. It was easier for my friends who had a fear of heights to skydive than to bungees jump because you can't see the ground its all a little make-believe feeling. In bungee jumping the ground feels really close and far away at the same time that you can really stress over that fall and impacting. Interestingly enough, I ran off a cliff attached to a bungee, which felt like an out of body experience, until they have to gradually pull up via a pulley which is where I discovered not a fear of heights, but I fear of falling from such heights. Its one thing to throw yourself off/out something its empowering. Its another thing to feel absolutely at the mercy of a thin rubber cord & a pulley. So perhaps on their journey, OQ & FS each clarified some of their fears. To this day, I have no fear of heights - but there are times when I do still get a tinge of fear of falling from heights if I let my mind wander. I never would have thought there was a huge difference but for me there is. It also depends on how much control I have over the height & the fall.

However, FS itching to get in on some of the action, which then leads to adrenaline inducing activities would be in character & that is likely what WM might have been referring to. If I try decipher the quote it might just mean more stunt work for missions or the use of hands-on weapons. No new extreme hobbies or behaviors. Or it just might be a joke on how she is a forced adrenaline junkie because of the life she leads.

Is this the same as above?

CPNcPcdWsAAbNKg.jpg

That looks like skydiving gear. :)

• Love 1

I like the idea of Felicity being an adrenalin junkie, something she never realized before that she was because she never got pushed to do things outside of the standard comfort zone. It explains why she signed on to Team Arrow even after they found Walter, why she keeps doing things that scare the bejesus out of her (like ziplining and jumping out of a plane), and why she's the one who wants to return to vigilantism (for Oliver it's a mission handed down from his father; for Felicity it's something meaningful and exciting).

It also explains why she was hacking and writing code in her earlier years, there's the thrill of trying to get in where you're not supposed to go and where they're trying to keep you out. Felicity just wanted to be able to get into the database, it was Cooper who wanted to delete the debts.

It also fits in with being in computer tech since it's one of the jobs recommended for people with ADHD who often are adrenaline junkies.

• Love 3

It's great that the crew "quietly packs up and leaves the area" between 3 - 4 am. 

That is my fav line of the letter. Do you think that have a quiet monitor? What happens if they just pack up? Or maybe they might be loud... you never know a good clean up song makes the work go by quicker. :)

Edited by kismet
  • Love 1

I think it's more to reassure the neighbors.

Last summer they were filming a movie with Ethan Hawke next door to me.  Two actors on the porch, more than 3 dozen (I counted) in the street providing backup, and that's not counting the equipment and trucks.  One shoot is interesting but in a city like Vancouver where they are shooting half a dozen productions at any time, it can get really annoying for the residents.

I didn't even think about Sara running around in her death clothes. I hope it's a flashback or if it's on LoT it could be interesting to have a time travel bit. Like she tries to go back and stop her death but ends up witnessing it.

I now need the Lazarus Pits to in addition to miraculously bring Sara back from the dead, also serve as an instant dry cleaning service. 

• Love 2

I'm extra excited to see 4-7 since it's Bamford directing.  It seems like such a departure from what a stunt coordinator normally is allowed to do that I want this opportunity for him to go extremely well. 

• Love 2

Colton apparently confirmed he would be returning to the Arrowverse

I just finished a very, very sad movie,” says Haynes. “But I’m about to go into two other projects and then, yeah, you know, find some time to maybe step back into…” he adds, trailing off.
“It’s one call away, so yeah. You will definitely be seeing me back on “Arrow” and possibly a few of the spinoff shows (Arsenal on “The Flash?” Yes, please!), so yeah.”
“So you’re appearing on ‘The Flash?'” one reporter pressed.
“Are you putting words in my mouth?” Haynes jokes. “Let’s just say I would love to, and if it happens, it’s going to blow everyone’s minds. If it happens.”
“Whether or not you’re appearing anywhere else, we’re neither confirming nor denying,” said the press con host.
“I think we’re confirming,” Haynes says with a smile and a wink.
Haynes will be signing autographs and posing for photos with fans at

http://lifestyle.inquirer.net/207105/colton-haynes-confirms-he-will-be-back-on-arrow

I'm guessing she gets a kick out of using that machine gun, maybe?

If it's in that sense, I won't mind it. Because of the closed eyes. Same goes for the "OMG what did I just do" look after she kicked the guy in the nuts. It's coherent with what I've seen of her since the beginning. For example, she was always portrayed imo with a swift capacity of reaction, coherent for me with her swift thinking (conference room attack in S2x01, the fight in the Arrowcave with Lyla and Caitlin in S3x08). If threatened, she does what has to be done, with whatever is handy, yet she's surprised by actually having done it.

I love that Felicity is a warrior in her own way, bitch with Wi-Fi for the win; and I don't want her to become another mask (or helmet! No helmets, never, ever, and get my handsome, dignified Diggle rid of that thing ASAP!). I think she has a unique personality, presence, and purpose, so she doesn't need a "fighter" status to exist. It isn't her, imo, to kung-fu people around while delivering quips and that's why I would not be happy if it were to happen. I love her the way she is.

Nevertheless, looking back, I have the feeling that she's dabbled more and more into action, and imo the evolution was believable precisely because it happened on the course of three seasons, and it stayed within reasonable limits. Rapidly:

S1: Not used to action/violence, confronted to it through her association with Oliver. Waits for her "associate" to take care of the fighting part. Notable: is afraid, but not hysterical in front of danger.

S2: Her place in TA confronts her to more violence. Ups (saving Oliver in S2x01, Slade in the finale) and downs (walking on landmine, getting kidnapped by the Count) and still needs to be protected. Notable: takes Slade down with something completely within her non-fighting abilities, doesn't reiterate her "mistake" of going to investigate alone.

S3: Less action (well, isolated from TA, you know the drill) but no downs that I can think of and a big damn moment in the finale with the Atom suit. Notable: she was instrumental in creating that suit, so her action moment was linked to what imo is her main characteristic, her brains.

She can't have the same reaction to violence in S4 as she had in S1, she has seen too much of it/has been in the middle of too much of it imo. I could see her getting to appreciate the thrill of some aspects of action, the way some people who are afraid of roller coasters end up loving them. But I can't see her getting blasé about it either. I think she knows it isn't her forte, and she needs to keep her self-deprecating attitude in that field.

As long as her evolution in S4 and beyond stays within those boundaries, I'll be OK with it.

Edited by Happy Harpy
  • Love 7

Is anyone else amuse that Oliver has a film company? ;)

So that is how he is paying his bills.... :)

I wonder if Hannah Rachel is his secret flashback lover ;)

(Just kidding) but it would be funny if they EasterEgged something about the company on the show. Give a little something back to the Vancouver people who have to deal with all the filming.

• Love 1

From the article I just posted in spoilers only:

“It’s so much fun to see Donna’s reaction to Oliver and Felicity being together. I would say that’s part of Donna’s charm; she’s a little bit like a Greek chorus. She’s the ultimate Olicity supporter — the ultimate Olicity ‘shipper.’ The episode where she returns is going to be really interesting because Donna is — let me put it this way: she has a surprising relationship with Oliver. Her interactions with Oliver are not what I think the audience is going to expect. And certainly not what Felicity expects.”

If she's the ultimate Olicity supporter then she clearly doesn't have a bad relationship with Oliver, so I wonder if Oliver and Donna have already been in contact over the summer or something? 

I'm kind of looking forward to their interactions now. 

If she's the ultimate Olicity supporter then she clearly doesn't have a bad relationship with Oliver, so I wonder if Oliver and Donna have already been in contact over the summer or something? 

He probably got in contact with her about Marrying her daughter, wanting her blessing

• Love 3

When MG says a character won't act the way people expect them to react I worry because I don't think MG actually gets his audience.

However, if I had to guess, I'd say Donna is pushing for marriage and babies?  Make me a Grandmother already!  Or maybe she's very protective of Felicity and confronts Oliver over hurting her baby girl?

Maybe (MG thinks) the audience expects Donna to be kinda flirty with Oliver, but instead she is 'motherly' towards him?

Possible.  I actually have to admit that I worried she would be flirty with Oliver or worse, dismiss him because he's poor now and Felicity was dating a Billionaire in Ray.

I've actually thought about registering when on set photos with Donna in the pink dress came out and this time she made me do it.

Frankly, I think Guggenheim expects the audience to be in line with Felicity's expectations, which I imagine having Oliver be exasperated at Donna when she's inappropriate as she (Felicity) gets. However, I see Oliver as being crazy about Donna and simply not giving a crap whether Donna oversteps boundries for several reasons. She obviously loves Felicity. She's a mom and Oliver has lost Moira. Plus, he should be more aware of her and Felicity's similarities than either of them are and seeing a lot of the things he loves about Felicity in Donna. Felicity recognized getting her strength from Donna but that's also where she got her heart. Also, I fully expect Donna to adore Oliver. Felicity's finally got a boyfriend after all. But more than that I feel like Donna was pushing Felicity to get a life. She knew about Cooper as we know she said hello to him in the flashback and I imagine her being very aware about Felicity closing off after the suicide. And here's Oliver who got Felicity to be spontaneous and jump in the car heading for parts unknown and then travelling the world.

I'm not sure about Oliver asking for permission, but I can see him sending her postcards.

As for the dress, I love it! I actually imagine Donna got it in an atempt to appear sedate and so as to not embarass Felicity and it's so, so far off that mark that I can't help but chortle.

Edited by bijoux
  • Love 14

When MG says a character won't act the way people expect them to react I worry because I don't think MG actually gets his audience.

However, if I had to guess, I'd say Donna is pushing for marriage and babies?  Make me a Grandmother already!  Or maybe she's very protective of Felicity and confronts Oliver over hurting her baby girl?

Haha, that's definitely true.

I guess people might expect Donna to be flirty and push for marriage but maybe she's the opposite? Maybe she says to take their time or something. I could see that happening because she was burned by a relationship herself. 

Maybe (MG thinks) the audience expects Donna to be kinda flirty with Oliver, but instead she is 'motherly' towards him?

This is what I think will happen. I actually hope it happens too. I don't want her to be flirty and embarrassing. But I'd love it if she gave him motherly advice. Makes me miss Moira again. Sigh.

• Love 2

I've actually thought about registering when on set photos with Donna in the pink dress came out and this time she made me do it.

Frankly, I think Guggenheim expects the audience to be in line with Felicity's expectations, which I imagine having Oliver be exasperated at Donna when she's inappropriate as she (Felicity) gets. However, I see Oliver as being crazy about Donna and simply not giving a crap whether Donna oversteps boundries for several reasons. She obviously loves Felicity. She's a mom and Oliver has lost Moira. Plus, he should be more aware of her and Felicity's similarities than either of them are and seeing a lot of the things he loves about Felicity in Donna. Felicity recognized getting her strength from Donna but that's also where she got her heart. Also, I fully expect Donna to adore Oliver. Felicity's finally got a boyfriend after all. But more than that I feel like Donna was pushing Felicity to get a life. She knew about Cooper as we know she said hello to him in the flashback and I imagine her being very aware about Felicity closing off after the suicide. And here's Oliver who got Felicity to be spontaneous and jump in the car heading for parts unknown and then travelling the world.

I'm not sure about Oliver asking for permission, but I can see him sending her postcards.

As for the dress, I love it! I actually imagine Donna got it in an atempt to appear sedate and so as to not embarass Felicity and it's so, so far off that mark that I can't help but chortle.

WHat dress? My keyboard is messed up so pardon tHe upper Case letters its tHe only way I Can type tHose partiCular letters.