Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

I just realized JR's character has cards plastered on his arms.

Possible Felicity Lines:

"Guy has a Flush up his sleeve."

"Pretty sure he threw a Straight."

"One more and he's got a Full House."

• Love 3

What if DD was Rasputin?  If he's been around for 200+ years, he can easily fit the timeline.

I bet just as Oliver is getting ready to propose to Felicity, babymama and baby get into trouble and need him, and Oliver thinks maybe he shouldn't be married after all

Edited by statsgirl

I feel like the relationship drama needs to come from Felicity this time. It's been 90% Oliver's issues...it's time for Felicity to eff up their relationship for once.

I've got a $20 on Daddy Issues. 

• Love 4

Can I ask how it's too early to get her under a mind whammy from a bad guy? I think this would be the season with DD having those kind of powers. I don't want Felicity Falling under a Mind whammy from a Bad guy at all by the way

Because I think after last season, they have already shown FS & OQ on opposing sides with the whole MM thing. I don't think they will have her be at odds with him again this season, mind whammy or no. They'll have issues. But for her to be working against OQ & TA because of a mind control would just be too much. Not when they are talking about doing things together & working them out together. Also in order to be mind whammied she would have to be in the field or kidnapped. She may get more fieldwork, but I doubt she will be kidnapped. So there is not as much opportunity for her to come under the mind control. I just don't think they would get as much traction from the story as they would with QL or some of the others.

Plus the whole is FS mind controlled but OQ is still able to make an impact would be repetitive of Al-sha-him & his inability to be around FS without being influenced. The writers like to duplicate their stories, but I just don't think they will go there immediately in the next season. It's not out of the realm of possibility, I just think it is very unlikely to happen.

Lol I don't want either of them effing up the relationship and Felicity having issues with him being a father if he didn't know before would be stupid

Because I think after last season, they have already shown FS & OQ on opposing sides with the whole MM thing. I don't think they will have her be at odds with him again this season, mind whammy or no. They'll have issues. But for her to be working against OQ & TA because of a mind control would just be too much. Not when they are talking about doing things together & working them out together. Also in order to be mind whammied she would have to be in the field or kidnapped. She may get more fieldwork, but I doubt she will be kidnapped. So there is not as much opportunity for her to come under the mind control. I just don't think they would get as much traction from the story as they would with QL or some of the others.

Plus the whole is FS mind controlled but OQ is still able to make an impact would be repetitive of Al-sha-him & his inability to be around FS without being influenced. The writers like to duplicate their stories, but I just don't think they will go there immediately in the next season. It's not out of the realm of possibility, I just think it is very unlikely to happen.

Very well said

• Love 1

HIVE/daddy issues.

But I don't want Felicity to eff up their relationship, I want it to come from realisticly being torn between two loyalties, not Oliver's manufactured-for-drama stuff.

I'm with you except for one minor point..."manufactured-for-drama" seems to be their writing style.

I love the show but sometimes the writers display such a lack of finesse that it drives me insane (see Oliver leaving the militarily trained soldier in order to take the angry lawyer in her dead sister's mask out on the field as back up with nary an explanation as to why this was necessary OR even made sense). I'm hopeful that this season brings a new approach but honestly I get scared sh*tless whenever I think of how they messed up some of those s3 storylines.

• Love 5

As mentioned earlier, I think JR Bourne being her Daddy is an interesting possibility.

I think who her father is, will determine if Daddy issues come into play or not for their relationships. Her father abandoning her certainly has had some residual issues, but she seems to have readjusted from that. It also all depends on why he left her. And OQ has made a significant commitment to the relationship after the summer, so I don't think she will be as afraid of OQ leaving her because of him. But I do wonder if more she will start to doubt that she is enough for OQ. I think being around LL, SL, Baby Mama & his child will increase some of her insecurities that we saw in s2. I see her possibly doing dumb things to prove herself to OQ, and that will cause tension between them. I can also see her insecurities as an internal (& realistic) force that could reek havoc on the relationship.

Part of the reason, I think she kept RP around or put up with his bs was because of some of these insecurities. He made her feel like she was worthy & special. But he also at times kept her in her place (with his questioning her abilities/rationales/judgment) which provided her that counterbalance that she still wasn't good enough. It fed into insecurities, but to her that reaction from him made sense. If you question your worth at times, you are not surprised when other people question it. She was not surprised at the thought that RP or OQ might regret kissing her, she expected that response from them. The way she apologized to him first to me spoke of someone who has insecurities or doubts that their partner may leave now that they figured out "truth" (whether or not it actually is the truth). It wouldn't even be that manufactored of angst to have FS's self-doubt be one of the stumbling blocks in their relationship.

I think FS is a confidant person when it comes to certain things like her job, but I think she still has a lot of insecurities. Being with OQ, once the honeymoon phase is over, I think will pick away at some of those insecurities. I think she will begin to wonder when the magical slipper is gonna fall off & he is gonna realize she is just Felicity. Even the "cooking to impress" book to me implies some hidden insecurities. Who knows where these all came from. But I think some of them came from her belief that people left her because she was not good enough. Even some of that was present in her interaction with her mom, that she was not the right type of daughter DS wanted.  

When has it been said that DD in the show has mind whammy powers?

I found this but it doesn't really say what kind of powers he has, just that he's not a meta human. It certainly plays into the idea of DD having magic

I don't think anyone has said DD can mind-control people, but that shot in the trailer when he puts his hand on a rando dude's chest certainly made me think Loki.

But maybe he's just uber-affectionate and likes touching rando dude's chests, what do I know. :)

Edited by dtissagirl
  • Love 1

I don't think anyone has said DD can mind-control people, but that shot in the trailer when he puts his hand on a rando dude's chest certainly made me think Loki.

But maybe he's just uber-affectionate and likes touching rando dude's chests, what do I know. :)

Wouldn't be our first villain that seemed to be a lil over infatuated with certain rando dudes or vigilantes :) Edited by kismet

SA previously said that Oliver & Felicity settled down into domesticated life in a place that is "not Starling City". This was echoed by WM (they settled in a place "not to be named"). Where they actually settled has never been expressly identified by SA or the EPs, although fans have speculated it was Coast City.

"We're really exploring the notion of family and what that means," executive producer Wendy Mericle tells The Hollywood Reporter. "Oliver being in a relationship with Felicity is obviously a huge component of season four. Also, what does family mean to the team and to individual members of the team? And now that Oliver's faith in humanity has been restored via his relationship with Felicity, that will be challenged by our new villain Damien Dahrk, so how will he maintain his faith in people over the course of the season?"
Really sounds like the big theme of the season is family (as others have suspected earlier) and trust. They lay Oliver's new faith in humanity at Felicity's feet but at the same time say that it will be tested. I wonder how personal they will make this vs just having to deal with an evil mad man.

WM previously said that she and MG already know how S4 is going to end.  If this season is going to end with Oliver's hero journey progressing, and not regressing, then Oliver is going to have to emerge triumphant with his faith in humanity intact, despite the trials and tribulations inflicted by DD over the course of the season.  However, it's possible that the EPs are going to end this season on a down, with Oliver broken once again and his relationship with Felicity over - so that they start building him up again in S5, with the ultimate culmination of his hero journey toward becoming the fully realized Green Arrow (tv version) in S6.  So who knows?

There was previous discussion about how magic was also a theme of S4.  But I now look at magic & mysticism as less of a theme and more of an additional weapon used by the Big Bad in S4, and a new challenge for Oliver to overcome.  Magic & mysticism were introduced via the LP last season, but I think they become more of an active weapon wielded by DD this season - which means that Oliver will have to find a way to combat or counteract them.

The main theme this season is clearly going to be family - biological versus created (as previously discussed). There was this previous WM quote as well:

-- On the theme for S4, WM: "We're exploring the idea of magic. But also, we're really exploring the idea of family. What does it mean - not just the Team Arrow family, but the Queen family, and Diggle's family, Felicity's family - we'll be expanding the univer - er, the characters to see what these people are like when they go home, see what their lives are like outside the 'Arrowcave'. And also what does it mean to be part of a family. And the difference between found family and biological family... what does that mean to each of our characters." (Unidentified video of media interview with MG and WM at SDCC 2015, page 161 of Behind the Mask thread; io9 article, page 64 of Starling City Times thread; and Eonline article, page 64 of Starling City Times thread)
Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1
There was previous discussion about how magic was also a theme of S4.  But I now look at magic & mysticism as less of a theme and more of an additional weapon used by the Big Bad in S4, and a new challenge for Oliver to overcome.  Magic & mysticism were introduced via the LP last season, but I think they become more of an active weapon wielded by DD this season - which means that Oliver will have to find a way to combat or counteract them.

Magic is also an old comic book standard for counteracting superheroes that can solve anything easily with a super punch. Or, as the case is here, super speed. They kinda erase that nagging feeling of "but why didn't Oliver just call Barry?" with a villain that can use magic.

• Love 2

DD's organization is called HIVE (though I know that HIVE might have no connections to BEES and hive thinking and is "just" an Acronym). That touch did get me thinking though. Comic HIVE has a lot of history with mind issues, especially when you go into individual members. There is a lot of Psionics abilities. Plus messing with Mind control/Brain washing is something that Ra's and Malcolm have dabbled with, and DD (along with them) is League trained. I just have a feeling that ARROW"s magic will center on Psionics like abilities. Vixen can shape shift, Mimic animal traits as well as Human and Metahuman powers.

The now Laurel says the Ghost are something they have never fought makes me think these Ghost might be all singled focused and are hard to stop because they are programmed to do the one thing they are sent out to do. Not just Brain washed but everybody is given a little info that makes the collective work like a well oiled machine. They are like one individual to a degree.

Pretty much (since I haven't read a lot of DC comics) the info that informs my guesses come from internet research (>.<). So I pretty much know only enough to get myself into trouble...But if I'm right in my HIVE thinking I even see the overall villain theme being the workings of a family of Individuals VS the workings of a group that loses the Individual and become a sort of a superorganism.

Edited by tarotx
  • Love 3

Watched a bit of the panel video, after SA non answered the proposal question JB answered with a I Know and he and SA laughed. I wonder if he is teasing or if they are going there pretty early on.

Also the video recorders are Oliver and Laurel fans. Lol they weren't happy with that question but seemed to view the When he gets his shit together response as a negative for Olicity.

HIVE sounds cult like. I'm curious about DD public persona. He looked to be at a meeting of city leader and talked about an organization. Privatising police force?

I'm not sure how that response is negative for Olicity? Oliver and Felicity are in a serious relationship. Thoughts about proposals will come up at some point but Oliver isn't there yet and I doubt Felicity is either. I thought it was pretty diplomatic. It's not like SA can say 'Never' or 'Episode 12.' Haha.

Edited by Guest

Well, Amell was sitting right next to Katie Cassidy; I think answering that question with a "by the end of the season!" might have been slightly awkward.

I can, however, kinda see where the Oliver/Laurel argument might be coming from? That is, if Oliver isn't going to propose to Felicity until he has his shit together, he's only with her because he doesn't - with the idea that, once he does have his shit together, he'll be emotionally ready for the "real" relationship - which, granted, the show so far has indicated is with Felicity, not Laurel, but I can see where viewers still hoping for Oliver/Laurel could hope for this.

In any case, a) Oliver does have to get his shit together, and I'm glad to hear Amell and thus, presumably, the show, acknowledge this, b) my guess is that the timing of any proposal/wedding with anyone will have less to do with whether or not the characters are ready for it and more to do with HEY SWEEPS MONTH, and c) Arrow presumably is going to want to keep viewers guessing about if and when, so I don't think anyone is going to give a hint about what episode until we get a sneak peek/trailer with either Oliver or Felicity staring at a ring or something like that.

• Love 1

Personally, I would find that awful. That essentially Felicity got Oliver ready for the 'real' relationship of the show. Like she restored his faith in humanity and trusted him when no one else did and proved that he could be in a relationship while being GA and now he's a real boy! Now he's ready for Laurel! UGH. Nothing would make me angrier than that, but thankfully I don't think that would happen. 

Personally, I would find that awful. That essentially Felicity got Oliver ready for the 'real' relationship of the show. Like she restored his faith in humanity and trusted him when no one else did and proved that he could be in a relationship while being GA and now he's a real boy! Now he's ready for Laurel! UGH. Nothing would make me angrier than that, but thankfully I don't think that would happen. 

There's no way this would happen (thank god), because this show already has a pretty evident problem with the way it treats women. If this would happen it would a) imply that women can be used as place holders, and b) Felicity would (again) be turned into a character that is just there to further a male characters personal growth and plot which c) adds her to the already large list of female character that have been 'sacrificed' for the men. Which would not go well with both fans of Felicity and the feminist crowd that watch the show. 

• Love 2

To clarify, I don't think this will be happening - I think the show has made it pretty clear that going forward, the "real" relationship is Oliver/Felicity. Arrow had plenty of opportunities to give us shippy moments between Oliver and Laurel last season, and didn't take any of them, and just used this trailer to give us Oliver and Felicity moments.

• Love 4

Maybe DD can't die. It's an enhanced version of what happened with Slade. It's part of DD's comic character.

Or he can shape shift? It's something another HIVE leader can do.

DD can take over the will of a character for a bit and potentially larger as tge season moves along.

I would not be okay with Felicity or Diggle being secretly evil. I don't see that happening but also I'd feel like that was character sabotage on purpose and nope. I'd drop the show so fast. Again, I don't think that will happen.

The only person I would accept dabbling with the evil side is Thea but only because of her going in the pit and I don't think it would be permanent. It would something she struggles with. 

I'm going to take SA's comments about the end of 401 with a pinch of salt because my reactions to episodes varies differently to his. 

I wonder if he CAN shape shift, and he's the one hitting Diggle over the head in that shot, not Quentin.

Oh that could make sense since I heard that scene of Quentin hitting Diggle was not what it seems to be

Edited by jay741982

Felicity or Diggle being evil makes literally no sense. Pushing it would be Diggle making a deal for info on his brother, but I really don't see that happening. If so Diggle would be the Felicity S3 and I like to think they learned their lesson in making characters plot dependent. 

Was it just DR who mentioned a twist with Felicity? I was thinking it was her helping the Team, but that would be less of a twist and more of a subtle curve given the SDCC press. It could be the suit reveal, but no one is throwing a fit about it being in the trailer so it wouldn't be a twist at this point. I'm hoping its an twist TWIST. 

Doesn't the final moments (which I'm assuming are related to SA's Oh God, Oh God) relate to Lance in someway? I still think Lance is getting in bed with DD in someway this season. But him making a deal with DD wouldn't be an image that 'haunts' you. 

Per panel tweets, it looks like Oliver and Laurel have the opposite of the hallway scene in 4x05. I would go with Laurel ripping into Oliver this time, but given MG's tumblr ask I'm going to assume this is the episode they repair their friendship. They also haven't filmed a sparring training scene with Oliver and Laurel. Please let that always be the case.  

• Love 2

I would not be okay with Felicity or Diggle being secretly evil. I don't see that happening but also I'd feel like that was character sabotage on purpose and nope. I'd drop the show so fast. Again, I don't think that will happen.

The only person I would accept dabbling with the evil side is Thea but only because of her going in the pit and I don't think it would be permanent. It would something she struggles with. 

I'm going to take SA's comments about the end of 401 with a pinch of salt because my reactions to episodes varies differently to his.

Yeah Thea is the only one I could accept dabbling in the dark side cause of the LP after effects. I'm gonna take SA's comment with a grain of salt as well

Felicity or Diggle being evil makes literally no sense. Pushing it would be Diggle making a deal for info on his brother, but I really don't see that happening. If so Diggle would be the Felicity S3 and I like to think they learned their lesson in making characters plot dependent. 

Was it just DR who mentioned a twist with Felicity? I was thinking it was her helping the Team, but that would be less of a twist and more of a subtle curve given the SDCC press. It could be the suit reveal, but no one is throwing a fit about it being in the trailer so it wouldn't be a twist at this point. I'm hoping its an twist TWIST. 

Doesn't the final moments (which I'm assuming are related to SA's Oh God, Oh God) relate to Lance in someway? I still think Lance is getting in bed with DD in someway this season. But him making a deal with DD wouldn't be an image that 'haunts' you. 

Per panel tweets, it looks like Oliver and Laurel have the opposite of the hallway scene in 4x05. I would go with Laurel ripping into Oliver this time, but given MG's tumblr ask I'm going to assume this is the episode they repair their friendship. They also haven't filmed a sparring training scene with Oliver and Laurel. Please let that always be the case.

Yeah the it being something that "haunts " you is what got some people freaking out about Dig and Felicity

So in SA's Dragon Con panel with KC, MN, and JB, he mentions the trailer and that the people analyzing it have gotten about 85-90% wrong. Not sure who he is referring to (it's been my experience we here get it right more than a lot of other places) but it did make me rethink the Malcolm and Nyssa fight. Apparently Malcolm is supposed to be the voice of reason for once so I guess that means Nyssa was fighting to get Sara in the pit and she succeeds.

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 2

I just reread the DR quote about the twist with Felicity. The question was about if Diggle felt Felicity did the wrong thing in leaving Starling City with Oliver. To paraphrase, he said no but there is going to be something interesting to say about Felicity in 4.01 that's a big reveal. He called it a small twist. Sounds like it's just about Felicity making the suit.

• Love 2

So in SA's Dragon Con panel with KC, MN, and JB, he mentions the trailer and that the people analyzing it have gotten about 85-90% wrong. Not sure who he is referring to (it's been my experience we here get it right more than a lot of other places) but it did make me rethink the Malcolm and Nyssa fight. Apparently Malcolm is supposed to be the voice of reason for once so I guess that means Nyssa was fighting to get Sara in the pit and she succeeds.

If that's the case, the unauthorized use of the LP thing from the comics could come into play. I would think Malcolm would pretty much have to kill her for that, because that'd be a major challenge to his (very new) authority.

As an aside, if they wanted to get into it, which I doubt they do, there could be some interesting political stuff with Malcolm as RAG. Guggie said that the position of RAG is for life, which was a lie bc Oliver was RAG for a few hours and handed over the position by handing over the stupid thimble thing. But a lot of LOAers would probably think of Malcolm as an interloper and not the legit heir (some would think Oliver was, others would think Nyssa was). Nyssa is probably lucky Malcolm hasn't dissolved her marriage to Oliver and married her himself, to semi-legitimize his position. Very Game of Thrones-y.

• Love 4

If that's the case, the unauthorized use of the LP thing from the comics could come into play. I would think Malcolm would pretty much have to kill her for that, because that'd be a major challenge to his (very new) authority.As an aside, if they wanted to get into it, which I doubt they do, there could be some interesting political stuff with Malcolm as RAG. Guggie said that the position of RAG is for life, which was a lie bc Oliver was RAG for a few hours and handed over the position by handing over the stupid thimble thing. But a lot of LOAers would probably think of Malcolm as an interloper and not the legit heir (some would think Oliver was, others would think Nyssa was). Nyssa is probably lucky Malcolm hasn't dissolved her marriage to Oliver and married her himself, to semi-legitimize his position. Very Game of Thrones-y.

Now that would be a mess.

I can't stand the thought of MM executing Nyssa. That would piss me off big time. But him imprisoning her while the threat hangs over her head, I could handle that. If she's locked up it could explain why KL didn't seem to be around during the filming of the Sara heavy episodes. Maybe the reunion of sorts is Nyssa seeing her alive but then being dragged away.

All I can say is please don't let the other female next to Laurel be Felicity.

I'm willing to bet good money it's not Felicity. Body type and stance is wrong, plus so far OGTA seems fairly separated from that storyline. I'd love for it just to be a Lance family/Nyssa/MM/Thea storyline. (Thea bc I think Sara's haunting/otherwise tied to Thea.)

Imprisonment would work, too. I mean, MM as RAG would most likely just kill her, but since everyone loves KL and Nyssa, there's a good chance he'll imprison her instead, so she can come back later if they need her. Pull a Roy, basically.

• Love 2

I hope it's not Felicity, either. She has absolutely no place there.

Which makes it more likely that it's her.

To be fair, no one has a place there other than Nyssa and Malcolm, so........

ETA: I just mean that this whole resurrection thing is super iffy. Not a fan of it considering the only reason I can see why it's happening is out of purely selfish reasons for Quentin, Nyssa, Laurel, and maybe Thea. It shouldn't be in anyone's place to resurrect someone regardless of whether that person is a daughter or sister or friend or girlfriend. 

Edited by wonderwall
  • Love 4

Well, SA said he hasn't had any scenes with JB yet so it sounds like Oliver isn't there while Sara is resurrected either. 

Felicity definitely has no place there, where they're dragging poor Sara back from the afterlife. Considering Constantine is going to show up, it's obviously not being played as "a good thing" they're doing. So I'm thrilled it's Laurel there helping with this terrible thing, while Felicity stays far, far away. Far away with Oliver and Digg.

• Love 5

I'm pretty sure the person in the white is Thea, and the person standing next to her is Laurel (it looks like she's wearing a thumb ring).

Yes, I noticed that too.

I just have a hard time seeing Nyssa going along with this. If Thea is there, maybe this is something that she and Laurel cooked up together, and Thea talks Malcolm into going along with it, even though he objects on principle. Then Nyssa walks in and figures out what they're doing.

• Love 1

UGH apparently SA says the first 6 or 7 eps have no cliffhangers yet the end of the first ep would have us saying "Oh god Oh god" I swear if they make Felicity or Diggle secretly evil or something I'm out

I'm just gonna go with the head canon bubble I saw on Twitter and believe that the ending scene is OQ & FS action scene. Action scene being code for lovemaking (I believe the only action scenes per SA, that OQ has filmed with FS this season so far).

In reality, it probably is plotty & has something to do with DD or QL or something bad & haunting. But i got 4 weeks to kill, I prefer to imagine smutty fun ;)

Edited by kismet
  • Love 1

Guggie said that the position of RAG is for life, which was a lie bc Oliver was RAG for a few hours and handed over the position by handing over the stupid thimble thing. But a lot of LOAers would probably think of Malcolm as an interloper and not the legit heir (some would think Oliver was, others would think Nyssa was). Nyssa is probably lucky Malcolm hasn't dissolved her marriage to Oliver and married her himself, to semi-legitimize his position. Very Game of Thrones-y.

MG should ask SA for a bit of his photographic memory.. cause the show itself has established that the Ra's that was before MN Ra's did not die prior to handing the role off to MN-Ra's... Ra's himself said that his predecessor was very much alive when he took the title and that he (the previous Ra's) became a regular League member and disappeared into the shadows never to be seen or heard from again... or something along that line... and holy crap I can't believe I actually remember this!!

MG should ask SA for a bit of his photographic memory.. cause the show itself has established that the Ra's that was before MN Ra's did not die prior to handing the role off to MN-Ra's... Ra's himself said that his predecessor was very much alive when he took the title and that he (the previous Ra's) became a regular League member and disappeared into the shadows never to be seen or heard from again... or something along that line... and holy crap I can't believe I actually remember this!!

I don't remember this scene at all. What episode did Ra's say that?

Yeah, I don't recall Ra's ever describing the man he replaced other than to say that he was given the same offer by that Ra's that he was giving Oliver, and that man required him to leave is family without saying goodbye and if he didn't, he'd be forced to watch them be tortured. I think maybe the OP is thinking of Damien Darhk, who was in competition with Ra's for the position, and when Ra's didn't kill him, took off with his followers and some water from the Lazarus Pit (IN A U-HAUL, PROBABLY). 

Edited by apinknightmare

I don't remember this scene at all. What episode did Ra's say that?

Yeah, I don't remember anything about the old Ra's rejoining the LoA and fading away like an old soldier. 

As for Ra's having the job for life.  Maybe it's like the Supreme Court.  The job is theirs as long as they want it and then they can retire on their terms. 

Or be killed.  Ya, know, whatevs.

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 1

I mean, RAG seems to be all-powerful in the LOA, so I don't have a problem with him just ditching the position. However, Guggie definitely said it's for life, so he lied. I get that he didn't want to spoil anything, but I'd prefer he refuse to answer rather than lie. I really don't like bald-faced liars...they creep me right out.