Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

Isn't episode 4 (i.e the redemption ep) the one that Stephen was all "Meh." about? Now I'm really curious why that is.

Im guessing LL & RP heavy. No offense but I just don't think he gets all that excited about those two. If they drag their parts out & not have SL be a big part I can see how it would be Meh for him (for me as well)

• Love 2

I had the same thought, kismet. Stephen didn't see all too thrilled with the whole RP thing last year (although I'm sure he likes BR well enough). I kind of get the same impression from him about the Canaries arc last season although he didn't verbalize it like he did with anything to do with Ray, heh.

Edited by NumberCruncher
  • Love 1

Could be. I just wish they'd call it something different so it didn't sound like such a rehash. There's been an anti-vigilante task force for 2 1/2 seasons, change it up a bit. I mean, those vigilantes saved the city from dying from a virus in May, but sure. Go after them again! haha

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 2

Seems like a rehash. I have to say the announcement of the flashback love interest and some of the quotes coming out have not gotten me excited.

Anti-Vigilante Task Force just says Lance Drama.

I will be so angry if Oliver's relationship in flashbacks is given more importance than the low-key organic Olicity.

I'm not happy that we aren't getting much at all on Diggle and Felicity. I want more Team Arrow.

I'm looking at everything with the glass half empty today :-(

• Love 2

It could be interesting as long as, like, Quentin is suddenly pro-vigilante (or ambivalent about them, not as crazy pants batshit as he was last season), but has to (unwillingly) crack down as part of his job, and the order comes from some higher up who is not him. And Oliver—as whatever kind of candidate he is—has to work really hard not to be nabbed by them. 

• Love 1

Imo there has to be some type of anti vigilante presense. There has to be some danger of discovery. I do think this will bring into play the fact that the cops were all kill kill Oliver and Ra's. Meaning it's probably DD related.

Edited by tarotx

Candidates for office have no policy power. Oliver wouldn't be in charge in any way. I guess he could have proposed policy on vigilantes, but that's the most he could do.

And yeah, either figure out you like vigilantes or you don't. Very tired of the back and forth, and soooooooooooo tired of all the Lance drama.

• Love 1

*sigh* I'm starting to accumulate a list of Do Not Wants for this season. Before I was just apathetic. Let's see.

- Oliver running for mayor.

- Anti-vigilante taskforce....again.

- Demons.

- Possibility of DD being Felicity's father.

- Laurel on a motorcycle

What am I forgetting? :(

• Love 2

I feel like the anti-vigilante task force storyline could just as likely be about Laurel rather than Oliver. If Lance is involved, he'll have to decide between his job and his daughter, and assuming Laurel is still working in the DA's office, she'll have an official conflict of interest between her day job and her night job. (She better hope the task force isn't smart enough to run fingerprints)

Edited by lemotomato
  • Love 3

I had the same thought, kismet. Stephen didn't see all too thrilled with the whole RP thing last year (although I'm sure he likes BR well enough). I kind of get the same impression from him about the Canaries arc last season although he didn't verbalize it like he did with anything to do with Ray, heh.

Yea, I never got the impression he has any problems with BR. Only thing he mentioned was that he barely worked with him all season as their characters' pathes never crossed. Frankly BR seems to well-liked amongst the cast. Although why that doesn't translate to screen I'm not sure... First in Superman & Chuck and now in Arrow. He had glimmers of likeability towards the end but most of the time he just comes off as creepy or not-trustworthy onscreen. I can imagine, SA's pride takes a little hit when the show chooses to make a carbon copy replacement/SWM hero to spin off onto a new show that then sucks up more time a season later on his show to finally launch it. Then again if it translates to time off, he might enjoy it, but he's still not gonna be gung ho about the storyline.

I honestly have no idea what SA relationship with KC is... that remains a mystery. She doesn't seem to factor as much into his interviews or social media musings. But he never seems as pumped for the BC arcs now that CL is not there. I think he really got a long well with CL, he's probably bummed that he's losing her to LoT.

SA's pride I think does factor into some things. He did made some comment on Twitter about them casting taller actors, when he is not that short, his pride seemed a little hurt. So maybe this episode just has all the tall people in it.

• Love 1

It actually would make sense if it was more Laurel centric. The Arrow has been out of commission for at least five months now. Diggle, Speedy and Laurel would be the most likely targets. Given Laurels connection to Lance, she would lead the interference. Also this would fit the pattern of repeating storylines for Laurel.

• Love 1

He got another 'Pretty Bird' question. I get its in the comics but given their relationship, it would be condescending as hell. Sara had the Canary and it's her name, if Oliver is calling anyone Pretty Bird it should be her. Which oddly I could see, maybe as a soft I'm so glad you aren't dead anymore greeting.

Significant Constantine and Laurel interaction in 4x05. And Oliver and Laurel apparently. Makes sense given Sara is back.

He basically confirms Oliver and Felicity living together. It's a place we have seen before. Since we aren't seeing Felicitys apartment anymore and the Queen manison is burned down, I'm guessing the Loft. Or they temporary move in with Dig and Lyla. That would be hilarious.

• Love 3

Yeah, I don't understand the 'Pretty bird' question. Even if they were in a romantic relationship, it wouldn't sound right. Not coming from TV Oliver. But they still want him to say it when he's in love with Felicity. If he called Laurel that while he was with Felicity, that would be so weird/wrong. I don't understand people sometimes. 

If Sara is being resurrected in 405, then Laurel and Oliver scenes make sense. As do Laurel/Constantine scenes. I'm guessing that's a big Laurel episode then?

Eh. I was hoping that O/F would move into their own place and not Thea's loft. Dude is 30 years old and in a committed relationship. I find it kind of strange to be living with his girlfriend and his sister. Temporarily would be understandable, especially if Felicity doesn't have her apartment anymore and they had nowhere to go when they returned home. I hope it's not permanent though - that is if the loft is where they'll be living.

Edited by Guest

They should totally get their own place, but I would be lying if the comedy potential didn't appeal to me. That and all the Oliver/Thea, Thea/Felicity, Olicity/Thea bonding is very enticing.

Someone asked MG about the first 7 episodes setting up LOT per EW interview. He said that wasn't the case and he didn't say that. Guess Natalie Abrams misquoted him. Imagine that? Huh.

• Love 2

I hope they re-do Thea's loft set for Oliver and Felicity.  Bad enough to be living with your sister... even worse in such an open space.  Felicity should have kept her apartment so they could have moved in there instead.

If the anti-vigilante task force is because of Laurel (and Thea and Diggle), it could make for some good Quentin conflict.

I wonder if the "meh" refers to something spectacular, like Sara coming back from the dead.  Even if he had been drinking too much, would he say that about a BC episode in public?

I'm not concerned about the implications for Oliver/Felicity. I've no doubt it's going to highlight the best of the couple. I just don't want to watch Oliver sex it up with another woman, past or not. I want all sex scenes to be Oliver and Felicity.

Fortunely, the sex up to now hasn't been long or loving except in 3x20.  I can kind of see MG's point, that if they want to keep Oliver and Felicity together, they have to keep it low-key for the people who don't want the show to turn into Grey's Anatomy (all of which's couples have split up btw).

I like what they did on Castle when he and Beckett got together, but that was a show that set up the couple in the pilot episode, and I could have done with seeing less bedroom antics even then.

I'll wait and see how it turns out this season. Do we know how long the FB love interest is scheduled for?

To me it seems that it will be Laurel centric and that is why MG was talking about it with GATV :p

LOL.  Know your audience.

Meh is 4x04 right? Why are people thinking that's a big Laurel/BC episode?

It looks like 4x05 is going to be the big one.

The flashback flame is recurring. I believe season long.

Edited by 10Eleven12

With Oliver running for mayor I think this anti-vigilante task force might ACTUALLY be interesting and not something stupid like with Quentin

I feel like the anti-vigilante task force storyline could just as likely be about Laurel rather than Oliver. If Lance is involved, he'll have to decide between his job and his daughter, and assuming Laurel is still working in the DA's office, she'll have a conflict of interest between her day job and her night job. 

It might be interesting to see them have to "HUNT" themselves. It would be funny at times. Did you catch em? No must have just missed them. I guess they would have the inside lead to never get caught. Its both tactical like when the Mob inflitrates the Police dept. Or humorous when Clark Kent has to report on Superman.

Theory - It will be Lance heavy, both LL & QL. I also think one of the spoilers linked Rutina Wesley's character to the Vigilante Task Force as possibly "Lady Cop".  So my big theory is that RW's character is working for DD and is trying to bring down the vigilantes so their group's crime syndicate can flourish. Sorta like The Departed or any movie with crooked justice/police system. My guess is DD influence goes very high up on the political chain

Rant - If the freaking SCPD & DA would actually be competant or attempt to do their job and try to stop/solve crimes or convict/incarcerate actual criminals perhaps there would be no need for the task force, because there would be no need for the vigilantes.

• Love 1

Yeah, I don't understand the 'Pretty bird' question. Even if they were in a romantic relationship, it wouldn't sound right. Not coming from TV Oliver. But they still want him to say it when he's in love with Felicity. If he called Laurel that while he was with Felicity, that would be so weird/wrong. I don't understand people sometimes. 

If Sara is being resurrected in 405, then Laurel and Oliver scenes make sense. As do Laurel/Constantine scenes. I'm guessing that's a big Laurel episode then?

Eh. I was hoping that O/F would move into their own place and not Thea's loft. Dude is 30 years old and in a committed relationship. I find it kind of strange to be living with his girlfriend and his sister. Temporarily would be understandable, especially if Felicity doesn't have her apartment anymore and they had nowhere to go when they returned home. I hope it's not permanent though - that is if the loft is where they'll be living.

The pretty bird comment is so ridiculous, since L/O clearly do not have that type of relationship now. It reminds me of fanfic I read recently where Anatoly & OQ both call FS "little bird" (well its translated into & then out of Russian). I feel like the writers will eventually cave into the pressure & use that nickname a few seasons from now in like one episode or one flashback.

Living Arrangements - I have a crazy feeling O&F will be living in the Foundry or Verdant with a few modifications. Until FS unlocks the Queens' assets & we get them into a richer mansion/home. But I do think it would be hysterical to have them all crashing in the Loft until more permanent arrangements can be made. Heck if it was strong enough to hold MM, it must be good enough for a vigilante sleep-over. :)

• Love 1

Living Arrangements - I have a crazy feeling O&F will be living in the Foundry or Verdant with a few modifications. Until FS unlocks the Queens' assets & we get them into a richer mansion/home. But I do think it would be hysterical to have them all crashing in the Loft until more permanent arrangements can be made. Heck if it was strong enough to hold MM, it must be good enough for a vigilante sleep-over. :)

I had a thought when I wrote my earlier comment that maybe O/F will live in like a modified apartment at Palmer Tech. I feel like I've read too much fanfic where there's living space at PT. It might be weird though considering Ray probably lived there so maybe not. Haha.

I don't deny that O/F living with Thea would provide the opportunity for some comedy and also some F/T scenes, but I would prefer if they didn't. 

I had a thought when I wrote my earlier comment that maybe O/F will live in like a modified apartment at Palmer Tech. I feel like I've read too much fanfic where there's living space at PT. It might be weird though considering Ray probably lived there so maybe not. Haha.

I don't deny that O/F living with Thea would provide the opportunity for some comedy and also some F/T scenes, but I would prefer if they didn't. 

You might have. Didn't mean to misquote/misrepresent you if I did... Problem with responding at work when you get frequently interrupted interspersed with random chunks of downtime. And I too have read the fics with the corporate QC apts, that would have been an easy solution.

I don't put it past the set designers to simply modify the PT set. It barely worked for Ray's apt, but sure let's give it another whirl. Budget is tight, I can't imagine them building a new living quarters for O&F, whatever sets they need for the FB & a brand new base of operations. I feel like their living space is going to be a repurposed location from last season which leaves us PT, NP, the Foundry, Verdant, the Jet & cargo plane set. Maybe they'll just redress the Diggle set multiple different ways when they are shooting the different home scenes. I would not be surprised if the mansion all the sudden is owned solely by FS & OQ (but maybe I'm reading to much fic that has that solution).

Bottom line, I think if they are sharing a space w/ TQ it will be temporary. Which does happen in real life, so not opposed to it for short stay. I can't see them wanting to spend a whole season crashing with TQ in a loft with no doors or rooms, just a killer couch [pun intended:)] They will probably have their own space by midseason. Heck all I need is bedroom & a kitchen I don't even care where those rooms are located.

• Love 1

I don't know much about Constantine but as long as he fits seamlessly in the episode and it doesn't seem forced, I'm fine with it.

But I am having a real issue with the sheer amount of guest stars this season has. It's like Special Guest Stars featuring Arrow. Grrrrr. 

Ah, but Arrow is well known for underusing great guest stars.  I'm not worried about guest stars. 

I don't think there's any way that Thea is living with Oliver and Felicity--especially since she's getting a new boy toy herself.

I think it would be real easy for Thea to move out and take a suddenly existing room at Verdant.  So the loft is my bet for where Oliver and Felicity will live. Which as long as they add a bedroom to the set (in addition to letting Thea move out) then I'm all for.  Just think of all the pretty shots in front of the fireplace.   

• Love 4

Oliver and thea's loft does have an upstairs so I assume the rooms are upstairs. Though it was puzzling as to why Thea screwed DJ Douche on the couch when she had a bedroom. But yeah I see Thea moving out of the loft and Felicity moving in

Yes, in 205 he referred to Sara as Ivo's little bird

Is that what he said?  I always thought he called her something bad, implying Ivo listened to her because she and Ivo were getting it on (not that they actually were, but that the crew assumed they were).

Wasn't Malcolm upstairs in the loft when Thea threw the sword in his direction? Wasn't she upstairs when The Arrow paid her a visit?

That's the only piece of upstairs it has, it's part of the set. Like the little balcony, which is also part of the same set. They'd need a different set for actual bedrooms, and other rooms.

Edited by dtissagirl
  • Love 1

That's the only piece of upstairs it has, it's part of the set. Like the little balcony, which is also part of the same set. They'd need a different set for actual bedrooms, and other rooms.

Oh ok yeah I totally get needing different sets but I was sure it had an upstairs good to see it confirmed

I think I guessed before that they would have O & F move into the loft, and have Thea move into smaller place in the same building, which we would never see. That's still my guess, and would be my preference over a corporate apartment situation because they deserve to get out of that building sometimes, especially if the lair is there too. But yeah, living with your little sis and your new girlfriend? Not great.

As for the endless pleading for "Pretty Bird":

enough.gif

And also:

trends.gif

• Love 15

Totally agree, though I'm not sure Thea bought it or if she was just renting it (still using MM's money of course). I really think it would make the most story sense for them to find a brand new place, untainted by Merlyn or Ray (if they did end up in the PT building), but it doesn't sound that way. And I think if they were redressing an existing set, MG wouldn't call attention to it by calling it familiar.

• Love 1

Totally agree, though I'm not sure Thea bought it or if she was just renting it (still using MM's money of course). I really think it would make the most story sense for them to find a brand new place, untainted by Merlyn or Ray (if they did end up in the PT building), but it doesn't sound that way. And I think if they were redressing an existing set, MG wouldn't call attention to it by calling it familiar.

Maybe it's something that's initially supposed to be temporary? Since it seems like they get called back to the city for an emergency, when they get back they won't have anywhere but Thea's place to stay (or a hotel, I guess), since Felicity moved out of her apartment, per MG. So, I can see them setting up shop in Thea's (hopefully) vacated apartment with the intention of finding a new place, and just never getting around to it, what with Oliver running for whatever office, and Felicity doing whatever she's doing with Palmer Tech. 

Yeah. The only other place I can think of is the basement. Which is technically available, since they can't use it for hero-ing anymore. And it would be kinda funny if they have a new state of the art Arrow lair, but Oliver and Felicity are living in the old one.

• Love 1

I wouldn't be opposed to it, but I honestly can't see Felicity ever living in a dank basement underneath a club. Spending hours a day there fighting crime, sure. Sleeping and living there when they've relocated to another lair? Not so much. 

• Love 6

Lots of Laurel/Oliver interaction in 4.5.  I personally enjoy their interaction, because it's incredibly uncomfortable and Stephen Amell usually breaks character because he hates it so much.

Also, Guggie's response to a Sara question is douchey as always:

benjilaufilimancia asked:
Sara deserves to be happy so better you don't do bad things to her
Like shoot her with arrows and drop her off a roof, you mean?  :)

Hardy har har.  Douchebag.

• Love 1

MG said "familiar" and my immediate thought was Thea's loft, too. But what if it was Maseo and Tatsu's home from last season, which I think was actually Laurel's apartment refurbished? New drapes, new furniture, make it a little bigger, add a bedroom, voila! New digs for Oliver and Felicity. They can pretend it's an actual home instead of an apartment if they think the CEO of a multibillion-dollar company doesn't live in a regular apartment.

• Love 2