Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

If Oliver kills Lyla and leaves Diggle a single dad - I can see that being irreparable damage brainwashing or not.  And frankly, this seems very possible to me.  Oliver would carry the guilt every time he looked at Diggle and even if Diggle "understood" - it would still be a matter of someone you thought you could trust with your life turned around and hurt you like no one else could.  You can forgive that, but the relationship is forever altered.

But I just cannot imagine Oliver and Felicity riding off into the sunset together after Oliver murdered Lyla, or if Lyla died in any way.

• Love 16

Hmmm. What if Oliver is conning Ra's, and has to prove his allegiance? Going after Diggle would do it. And I could see Oliver's rationale being Dig's the one who can take it. And then it backfiring on him when Dig obviously feels betrayed.

After the Dead!Roy fakeout I have trouble seeing Diggle trust issues with Oliver over an Evil!Oliver fakeout.
  • Love 2

There were BTS pics of everyone in Starling City right? Oliver must lead the LOA after Nyssa. He may not be targeting Diggle and Felicity, but he may not pull his punches with Diggle if he gets in Oliver's way. SA may be disappointed in having Oliver hurt Diggle. Or it may not be physical, Evil!Oliver could threaten Diggle's family. Not mean the threat, but the thought that Oliver would even go there is disappointing. 

All signs point to Diggle and Oliver conflict, but it is just speculation right? SA could mean something else. I have a feeling 3x21 is going to be Oliver at his worst. Based off of the song lyrics, 3x22 looks like the break thru. 

• Love 1

Stephen said he was disappointed in Oliver's actions, not disgusted. I doubt he does anything to Lyla. 

Oliver hitting a woman or hurting a child would be deeply disappointing (I mean a woman that's not a trained fighter - or at least things she is)

After the Dead!Roy fakeout I have trouble seeing Diggle trust issues with Oliver over an Evil!Oliver fakeout.

That's a good point, but Dig and Felicity didn't do anything to Oliver other than hide things from him. If Oliver does something to Diggle directly? Beat him up, or keep him prisoner, or whatever "dark times" thing it is they're alluding to for Diggle? That's more than enough reason for Dig to be pissed as hell.

I know it's stupid but I can't help but hope that the writers have heard enough bitching about killing off women to kill Lyla off. I mean, they seem to regret their choice with Shado already, and we know Sara's going to be back for the spin-off. Just imagine the backlash if they kill Lyla but let Roy off the show alive. It's going to be ugly.

I haven't been paying much of an attention to Arrow spoilers, but why can't Diggle's thing be related to his brother? Or maybe somebody kidnaps his daughter. It's not like infants have much to do on action shows other than be in danger or be special and also be in danger.

• Love 6

That's a good point, but Dig and Felicity didn't do anything to Oliver other than hide things from him. If Oliver does something to Diggle directly? Beat him up, or keep him prisoner, or whatever "dark times" thing it is they're alluding to for Diggle? That's more than enough reason for Dig to be pissed as hell.

Yeah, it's possible but I don't know. I would think it would have to be something major to cause a rift. On the other hand, with this show characters take a back seat to plot
  • Love 3

Doing something evil that involves Lil Sara (like kidnapping) might be cheaper from a production value. Don't have to pay baby as much, easy to just use a dummy for some scenes. But it would be dark, and not sure what plot point it would serve. It could be a test for evilOQ's loyalties. RealOQ would never go after someone's family to get to them, but evilOQ could and Ras has already proven that as his primary MO after a wine & dine rejection. Trust might be hard to regain after you still someone's child. Could also parallel something happening to Akio in FB. But why would Ras care about Diggle's baby? Then again trying to understand Ras is kinda futile. I'm still wondering why he is so obsessed w/ OQ.

So if its not about Andy (still my first choice) then I'm guessing its about Lil Sara. I also don't think it will involve any killing in the present day from they way SA & others describe their reactions/feelings. Fingers crossed it they do go after LilSara, nothing permanently bad happens to her.

• Love 2

I don't know how much input SA has when it comes to the storylines but I would like to believe that he doesn't like 'children getting hurt' storylines. (I mean, who would?) So maybe it might just be a kidnapping without harming the kid in any way. I also don't believe they'd kill Lyla. Oliver needs to come back from what he does and I doubt his relationship with Diggle could ever come back from that. 

• Love 2

If Oliver killed Lyla or Sara, yeah, he's not going to go driving into a sunset, he'd find a nice hole to crawl in and bury himself in guilt and loathing.   Now if he merely tried to hurt them while under Ra's thrall, then that could be something he could move on from while Diggle was left no longer feeling that absolute trust. 

I do think eventually Oliver is going to have to be somehow linked to Andy's death, even if it is a mistaken belief.  This season ripped apart Oliver and Felicity, it makes sense that Diggle gets his turn next season and since we know we are delving into HIVE and Andy's death, it fits that the truth would somehow link back to Oliver.  I wouldn't be surprised if something happens this season that makes Diggle wary, but something he could get over in time but just as things are about to get back to normal, he's hit with Olive's connection to Andy's death.   It's would be brutal but an awesome thing to watch.    

• Love 2

But I just cannot imagine Oliver and Felicity riding off into the sunset together after Oliver murdered Lyla, or if Lyla died in any way.

We don't know if this happens. 

There were BTS pics of everyone in Starling City right? Oliver must lead the LOA after Nyssa. He may not be targeting Diggle and Felicity, but he may not pull his punches with Diggle if he gets in Oliver's way. SA may be disappointed in having Oliver hurt Diggle. Or it may not be physical, Evil!Oliver could threaten Diggle's family. Not mean the threat, but the thought that Oliver would even go there is disappointing. 

All signs point to Diggle and Oliver conflict, but it is just speculation right? SA could mean something else. I have a feeling 3x21 is going to be Oliver at his worst. Based off of the song lyrics, 3x22 looks like the break thru. 

The actor who plays Diggle (I believe) referred to irreparable damage between Diggle and Oliver. I was just trying to think of something that could be THAT bad.  Now if it was MG who said it - I would believe it could actually be rather minor and they'd be good again in season four. But I don't know if that actor is as prone to hyperbole as MG seems to be.

Edited by nksarmi

Could the spoiler about the most disappointing thing Oliver has done be about Flashback Oliver?

He is meant to go darker this season and a sure he has "interrogated" and assassinated but his personality is still pretty far away from S1 Oliver.

The thought of Diggle & Oliver at great odds, upsets me so trying to find the least pessimistic options to the spoilers.

I was hoping that DR comments referred to the "Arrow" being outed and dead, as something they almost can't some back from. 

Maybe Maseo reveals what happened with Akio (although he doesn't seem to blame Oliver for anything) and plants seeds of doubt in Diggle's mind about what could happen with baby Sara. Maybe Maseo finds out Lyla is ex-Argus and targets her for some reason.

Really I'm grasping at straws.

I feel like what puts Oliver and Diggle at odds is something that breaks the bro-code, like Oliver using Baby Sara for some purpose even though he thinks she's going to be safe. (And she will be safe in the end.)  Oliver might think it would be okay because Sara would be safe, it's a line Diggle could never endorse crossing (worse than teaming up with MM), and something SA would be disappointed about

I love that there's a morning after scene in 3x20, the first for Oliver as a character and the second on the show (Diggle & Lyla got a blueberry pancakes one).  Hopefully it signifies that this is the Real Deal.

• Love 2

Genii, I could see that...wasn't there a spoiler for Maseo/dig interaction? However, Maseo holding oliver responsible for akio's maybe death doesn't line up at all with him feeling like he owed oliver something earlier.

Kid related, hive related....that's all I got.

I actually can't believe people are saying that Ra's being in a scene with Felicity means he's a shipper. I mean, come on. That is the most ridiculous thing I've heard.

I haven't been following this thread (until skimming it just now) so I'd only read a couple things about this in passing. After watching the Asian promo, things started clicking. I was alone, in my kitchen, making pizza, and I found myself cracking up: Why does Ra's want Oliver to be the new Demon's Head? Why does he tell Felicity to tell Oliver she loves him? Why does he provide them with the poshest honeymoon suite in all of Nanda Purbat?

He just wants Olicity to bang already. Ra's is as sick of this drawn-out Olicity nonsense as we are! Everything makes perfect sense!!

Seriously, though, that preview makes it seem like they're, like, following instructions. That's just creepy. I seriously hope Team Arrow is going into this with some long-con planned. It'd make this last episode count for something, and it'd be so nice to avoid inexplicable loss of character development for a change.

• Love 2

He just wants Olicity to bang already. Ra's is as sick of this drawn-out Olicity nonsense as we are! Everything makes perfect sense!!

I'll wait till we see the whole conversation until I pass judgement. I think that was his way of being menacing. I mean, some critics are sort of raving about that scene and it is one of MGs favorite scenes in the series (I know, grain of salt) so I'm sure there's more to it than Ra's telling Felicity to go tell Oliver she loves him and to say goodbye. I mean I guess it's just me, but I'd think it'd be terrifying to have a bad guy who has the upper hand tell you to say goodbye to a loved one like it'll be for the last time. 

He doesn't want them to bang per se, he's manipulating Felicity and Oliver by using their emotions against one another. 

But yeah, I hope that O/F come up with a plan (which I think they will) because one reviewer DID say that the goodbye seemed temporary and the sex scene seemed like a beginning than an end. 

Edited by wonderwall
  • Love 3

Seriously, though, that preview makes it seem like they're, like, following instructions. That's just creepy. I seriously hope Team Arrow is going into this with some long-con planned. It'd make this last episode count for something, and it'd be so nice to avoid inexplicable loss of character development for a change.

I love a long con as much as anyone who owns all five seasons of Leverage, but that's kinda silly, too.  Picture the "explain-it-all-flashback" for that:  Diggle's all, "Okay, the only way Ra's is gonna buy this is if you two bang.  Felicity, you'll need to drop the L-bomb and make 'em believe it, girl.  Oliver, my man, I know you're a bit out of practice with this lately.  Remember, it's a marathon, not a sprint; the fate of the world hangs on this shag!"  Roy nods solemnly in the background.  Oliver affirms, "We'll have to go all in, make sure they buy it:  morning cuddles and all." And Felicity just wants to know: "This means I can finally drop my cover relationship with Ray, right?"

Now I really want to hear Oliver say "cuddles."

Edited by TrueMyth
  • Love 13

I love a long con as much as anyone who owns all five seasons of Leverage, but that's kinda silly, too. Picture the "explain-it-all-flashback" for that: Diggle's all, "Okay, the only way Ra's is gonna buy this is if you two bang. Felicity, you'll need to drop the L-bomb and make 'em believe it, girl. Oliver, my man, I know you're a bit out of practice with this lately. Remember, it's a marathon, not a sprint; the fate of the world hangs on this shag!" Roy nods solemnly in the background. Oliver affirms, "We'll have to go all in, make sure they buy it: morning cuddles and all." And Felicity just wants to know: "This means I can finally drop my cover relationship with Ray, right?"

Now I really want to hear Oliver say "cuddles."

Hee! I hadn't even thought of sex being part of the con. I just really need them to be smart and work together and strategize. Something beyond alternating between bravado and despair, a step up from last season.

Is it weird that I am totally excited for Evil!Oliver and Crazy!Thea? This could be really fun. Especially with Thea maybe kind of blaming Oliver for what she still thinks is Roy's death.

• Love 1

I really don't have a clue who will be getting married but a thought occurred to me as to why MG and company might have decided it was a good idea to have Oliver and Felicity get married or at least what might have inspired it. 

I think it's safe to say that someone on the writing staff reads forums or comments.  Too many phrases or complaints have been directly lifted from the viewers to the scripts for that not to be true.  You know what phrase we throw around a lot about Oliver and Felicity?   

They are so married.

Is it possible they see and understand that dynamic as well?  Could they be going there because they clued in on a way to avoid their ill conceived belief in the Moonlighting curse?  The thought brings me comfort.  

• Love 8

Maybe something Oliver does as head/heir of the LOA inadvertently results in the death of baby Sara.  They could parallel a flashback of Akio's death and Maseo joining the LOA with the present day events that cause baby Sara's death and Diggle's grief/anger turning him against Oliver.  Would the show really go that dark?  The death of a child would also put strain on a marriage and could lead to the estrangement of Diggle & Lyla.  Then Lyla might rejoin ARGUS  and be off traveling (as the floater?).

I'm still not sure that Oliver & Felicity riding off into the sunset scene is real and not a dream or hallucination.  The EPs do love their fake-outs.  If it's real, it could happen in the beginning of 3x23 - before things go to sh*t (again) - and not at the end of the episode.

Edited by tv echo

I think we can rule out Oliver doing anything that results in Lyla or Sara getting injured or worse. That's not something Oliver can come back from, and that's likely to leave Diggle feeling more than "betrayed."

And I'm not sure the Porsche scene is what it looks like either. Not that it's necessarily a dream or hallucination, but I'm just not sure they're going off to be happy somewhere over the hiatus. I also wouldn't be surprised if they are, since MG said this feels like the ending of a chapter in the show's run.

• Love 4

SA has talked about Oliver and being able to smile next season. If Oliver's actions leads to baby Sara's death I just can't see that being Possible. Putting her at risk I can see or even threatening her I can see how that could put major hurt& distrust between Oliver&Diggle. A father fearing for his child is something you can't discribe. Of course this will have to be something Oliver willing does and not just brainwashed into doing.

Perhaps Thea (Or someone else) is the one to threaten the lives of Diggle's family and Oliver risk them to save Thea when he could have taken a kill shot. That would weaken and build mistrust but wouldn't automatically end their relationship like some worst things would. Even if they were done under brainwashing.

Edited by tarotx
  • Love 3
(edited)

I think we can rule out Oliver doing anything that results in Lyla or Sara getting injured or worse. That's not something Oliver can come back from, and that's likely to leave Diggle feeling more than "betrayed."

And I'm not sure the Porsche scene is what it looks like either. Not that it's necessarily a dream or hallucination, but I'm just not sure they're going off to be happy somewhere over the hiatus. I also wouldn't be surprised if they are, since MG said this feels like the ending of a chapter in the show's run.

I don't think they're riding off into the sunset because they're going away for hiatus to live their happily married life. They could be married, I can't rule it out, too many points in their direction. However, I think it's more likely they're on their second first date.. of course they could still be married and going on their second first date. I really don't think this show will end with Oliver hanging up the hood or taking a break over the summer. I could see them moving to a new town and starting up as the Arrow there.

Could Oliver be forced to take a break? Maybe, I could see him laying low until the dust settles from Lance's pursuit and Roy's death. However, I can't see Oliver deciding to be Oliver Queen and only Oliver Queen, and abandoning the Arrow. The season should end with Oliver realizing Oliver Queen is the Arrow, he's not living by two names.

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 1

It could be a second first date, but IDK. Felicity already pointed out that they were past the point of dating, and by that point they've already had sex and they're already in love. They should go out together, not saying they shouldn't, I just hope the show doesn't play up then going on a second first date, haha.

Maybe the Porsche shot is them en route to a new city, and Ray and Laurel (maybe Thea) stay in Starling. Maybe that's why whichever EP said we'd wonder how they come back from however they end the season.

I don't see that Porsche/sunset scene as necessarily driving off into the sunset to live happily over the summer or whatever. It totally could be but I can also see it being a small scene where Oliver is clearly taking the time to be Oliver Queen with the woman he loves. So I think it's just a date and they're happy - a parallel to 301, although this time it doesn't get blown up of course! And I wouldn't be surprised if we have Oliver confiding in Felicity about how he's worried things won't go back to normal (referencing his Arrow life and his friendship with Diggle possibly) and her reassuring him that it will and then we intercut with some ominous scene of the new big bad because nothing will ever be normal in their lives.

• Love 13

I don't see that Porsche/sunset scene as necessarily driving off into the sunset to live happily over the summer or whatever. It totally could be but I can also see it being a small scene where Oliver is clearly taking the time to be Oliver Queen with the woman he loves. So I think it's just a date and they're happy - a parallel to 301, although this time it doesn't get blown up of course! And I wouldn't be surprised if we have Oliver confiding in Felicity about how he's worried things won't go back to normal (referencing his Arrow life and his friendship with Diggle possibly) and her reassuring him that it will and then we intercut with some ominous scene of the new big bad because nothing will ever be normal in their lives.

This ^^^^

I think this sunset scene will match the one on the beach, with the final scene being a flashback to set up Oliver in Russia in S4.

• Love 6

^ What @Angel12d and @Morrigan2575 said. Aces, guys. I think it'll probably go something like Porsche sunset scene > Big Bad Season 4 vague intro/set-up/hint > Flashback setting up Oliver's Russia and Bratva storyline for season 4.

• Love 4

I think the Porsche is gonna be in real life, but will people are right there will totally include a flashback to Russia to set that up. I think Oliver & Felicity will be taking a well deserved vacation/possible honeymoon and driving off into the sunset. So in my head that is the canon I will believe until the fall. Its too soon to determine if they are returning to SC or a new place for their mission. Im not worried about the 3.5 comics, because Im sure the writers will figure out something. I bet something will happen on vacation for comic plot.

But now I totally see possibility of a Nikita's s1 like finale where they were driving into a sunny day but there were also CGI storm clouds in the foreground. I feel like their ride wont't be interrupted if only because I trust the Jogger Andy did not see any other cars or production, so that would rule out accident or car being stopped. But then again Im relying on a jogger named Andy, so my info is not as solid as I would like. They always could have filmed that stuff another day.

• Love 2

I loved the ultimate ending of Nikita where (iirc) Nikita & Michael left Division and moved to another country - but even in their new life, they couldn't resist helping an innocent victim from brutish forces.  If this season had been the last season of Arrow, I would've liked to have seen something similar -- where Oliver & Felicity, along with Thea, Diggle & his family, relocate to someplace far away - perhaps meeting up with Roy - intending to live quietly and under aliases, but then can't resist fighting bad guys in their new location.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 3

I loved the ultimate ending of Nikita where (iirc) Nikita & Michael left Division and moved to another country - but even in their new life, they couldn't resist helping an innocent victim from brutish forces.  If this season had been the last season of Arrow, I would've liked to have seen something similar -- where Oliver & Felicity, along with Thea, Diggle & his family, relocate to someplace far away - perhaps meeting up with Roy - intending to live quietly and under aliases, but then can't resist fighting bad guys in their new location.

I did love that ultimate ending. If it wasn't for Nikita, I probably never would have found Arrow. I doubt this is the last season of the Arrow, I bet by midseason Oliver will be back in SC as a base except now he is the Green Arrow, hence the major suit uprgade they rumored for s4. I do feel like there is a possibility that he might have more global missions. But I can't see them permanently staying out Starling City for all of S4. All its gonna take is the Green Arrow saving the city from something catastrophic & big for them to accept him back as hero.

Wow I never realized that Nikita was a total remake of the Le Femme Nikita - I figured they only used the title character and redid everything else.  I was sitting here going wait a minute, I thought Nikita took over section one and faked Michael's death so he could go live with his son.

But anyway.....

I think whatever happens between Diggle and Oliver will continue into season four.  To me, Diggle has always been Oliver's best advisor (outside of his rather OOC advice not to tell Thea the truth) .  If they have decided to make Oliver and Felicity a happy couple in season four then there has to be some tension in Oliver's life and I feel like Diggle is the obvious choice as a relationship to deconstruct and (hopefully) rebuild.  Roy is gone.  Laurel and Oliver have nothing to break down - and frankly, they shouldn't even be working together but whatever.  Hopefully there will be no further drama with Willa - especially if Roy is going to save her from the crazy and she is going to turn into Speedy.  So that only really leaves Oliver's relationship with Diggle.   And I'm sure that whatever starts this season will continue next season with Andy and HIVE.  I just think that if Felicity and Oliver are together, they are going to pull the drama from Diggle and Oliver for awhile.

As for Oliver and Felicity - I think perhaps this "wedding" isn't really a wedding, but an elopement and maybe that it related to the "driving off into the sunset" scene.  And honestly, I don't see where they could go from this season except to pair them up.  I would be surprised if they got married, but heck, maybe Felicity Queen will be a huge part of Oliver's public life going forward.  And heck, maybe that is the Felicity/Thea conversation?  Maybe one they are related by marriage, they are allowed to talk on screen? 

I don't really know if I believe that an Oliver and Felicity relationship/marriage will survive until the end of the series, but I think they have gone too far this season to keep them separated.  Fans will revolt.  Even fans who don't want them together would probably say "just pair them up and be done with it" because the angst of not putting a couple together gets really old after awhile.  It's one thing to have a couple flirt and tease the pairing for seasons on end. But its another thing entirely to establish that they love each other and just throw contrived reasons the pair can't be together at the viewers.  No. Just no.

• Love 3

Wow I never realized that Nikita was a total remake of the Le Femme Nikita - I figured they only used the title character and redid everything else.  I was sitting here going wait a minute, I thought Nikita took over section one and faked Michael's death so he could go live with his son.

And they're both remakes/off shoots of the 1990 French movie La Femme Nikita, which also had a Hollywood remake in 1993 called Point of No Return.

Sorry for the interlude, Luc Besson is God to me, please carry on.

• Love 3

From the new TVWatchtower tweets:

A: At this point, not sure Ra's is the villain fans will need to worry about in S3 finale.

ARGUS? Malcolm? New guy?

Also, the thing about Ra's being fatherly to Oliver is hilarious. Every creepster assassin thinks of you as a son, Oliver, maybe it's time to rethink your lifestyle?

• Love 8

hmm, I didn't think it would last beyond 322 but it's possible.

It might not. 

I suppose he takes an evil turn at the end of this ep, maybe? Or there's the hint of him taking an evil turn, so since the reviewer hasn't seen anything beyond this ep, I guess it's just an impression based on the end of this one. 

Reading the livetweets from Stephen's panel yesterday, the fact that he was pushing for Ra's Ollie Ghul pretty enthusiastically + the fact that I trust no one = I'm hoping more and more for a big fake-out.

More so an Oliver fake-out than a Malcolm fake-out, but yeah, can't discount that either.

It might not. 

I suppose he takes an evil turn at the end of this ep, maybe? Or there's the hint of him taking an evil turn, so since the reviewer hasn't seen anything beyond this ep, I guess it's just an impression based on the end of this one.

Yeah, I'm expecting Evil!Oliver to be 320's cliffhanger. Guy has sex, guy turns evil, how very Angelus of them.

Edited by dancingnancy
  • Love 5

I'm thinking it's Thea since she should come back all messed up.  Gods... poor Thea. :(.  Of course, maybe Oliver ends up losing his soul because he couldn't live with Thea dead and makes a deal. 

'Hi, I'm Oliver Dean Winchester Queen" and I may have issues with my sibling being dead"

• Love 1

Dark and messed up Thea sounds like a cool concept (esp. without Roy who was bringing her down, imho). I'm almost sad I probably won't watch the next season anyway. Of course, I've also thought that Malcolm training Thea sounded like a cool concept as well, and look how it turned out.

• Love 1

I'm thinking it's Thea since she should come back all messed up.  Gods... poor Thea. :(. 

Yeah, that could be it too. 

Although I'm wondering what that blogger/critic meant that Thea's journey takes her back to Starling but she could end up going back to Nanda Parbat. They wouldn't send her back home if she was still cocoapuffs, right? Or does Ra's send her back to SC to do his evil bidding? 

Ra's Ollie Ghul will be in Flash 22. I can't see that working with Evil Ollie. I'm thinking it must be Malcolm &/or Thea or maybe Some thing to do with the Alpha and Omega virus (which I feel that's too mass of a storyline to just use in the FB).

• Love 1