Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

It was kind of weird seeing Felicity hanging all over Ray (and Felicity/Ray are still dating) in this episode when we know that Oliver/Felicity are going to be having sex in the next episode and Felicity's going to say "I love you" to Oliver. I don't really get what the show is going for, and it kind of cheapens it for me.

• Love 6

I think after everyone has been telling Felicity how she feels about Oliver, this was the episode where she actually admitted it to herself. I'd have liked to see her have more of a realization from her. With so much stuff going on, I can see why she didn't really break up with Ray. Plus I get it, it would've been kind of weird to ask a person you just broke up with for help... I think if given the time, she would've done it. At least, I like to think she would've broken up with Ray. 

It was kind of weird seeing Felicity hanging all over Ray (and Felicity/Ray are still dating) in this episode when we know that Oliver/Felicity are going to be having sex in the next episode and Felicity's going to say "I love you" to Oliver. I don't really get what the show is going for, and it kind of cheapens it for me.

This is why love triangles never work. They have to hit the perfect balance of making the speed bump relationship believable while never losing the connection of the intended relationship. So the middle person (Felicity in this case) always gets screwed in audience perception. No matter what she does she can't win because she looks fickle or needy or inconsiderate of one party's feelings. These writers are killing me. They are just going to repeat the Oliver and Sara break up with Felicity and Ray. It's so telegraphed. They break up, Oliver and Felicity have some big moments and then I'm assuming nothing until the finale.  

Edited by 10Eleven12
  • Love 13

I think after everyone has been telling Felicity how she feels about Oliver, this was the episode where she actually admitted it to herself. I'd have liked to see her have more of a realization from her. With so much stuff going on, I can see why she didn't really break up with Ray. Plus I get it, it would've been kind of weird to ask a person you just broke up with for help... I think if given the time, she would've done it. At least, I like to think she would've broken up with Ray. 

I think she will try to break up with Ray, but he will realize and will "facilitate" things to Felicity and will break up  or else start it,and she'll be relieved to finish things on friendly terms

• Love 1

Awww, maybe Felicity is going to take Thea home, and maybe live with her or at least take care of her, to make sure she's okay after being LPed. 

It's literally the perfect set-up. Felicity and Diggle take it upon themselves to watch out for Thea. Thea can't stand to stay at her apartment so she moves in with Felicity. Diggle and Lyla make sure both woman come over every night for dinner so they can see they are okay. Felicity and Diggle grab quiet moments in the kitchens to check on each other. Felicity and Thea have movie marathons and cries and girl talk. Donna knows something is wrong when she talks to Felicity so she calls her as often as possible and sometimes she talks to Thea too.

And in between the grief, they make plans to get him back.

• Love 8

They wanted Oliver jealous and fed up with Ray with the whole team up thing. So they needed R/F still together, otherwise Oliver wouldn't need to be so grumpy with him. Basically they sacrificed characterization for a few jokes. We should count ourselves lucky, usually they sacrifice characterization only for plot.

Felicity is not an idiot, I think she already had her realization last week, after talking to her mom and seeing Oliver afterwards. The thing is if they wanted R/O teaming up and Oliver jealous of F/R being all cozy they should have done the team up before. Since they isolated Ray up until 1x17 they couldn't. Logically, after the R/F scene at the start of the episode where it was basically aknowledged (with Ray stupid excuse and Felicity not saying anything again) Felicity just doesn't feel as strongly about him as he does for her, they should have been awkward around each other for the rest of the episode.

Felicity knows she's in love with Oliver. Now, what? Next episode Felicity is going to have yet again another realization? Is Ray going to do the usual "I'm letting you go because even I can see you're in love with another guy" routine that's been done a thousand times before, just so the other person in a triangle gets to keep their dignity or something? I don't know if the love scene is an hallucination. I really doubt it, because they've already done the fake love confession AND the dream sequence love confession, it would be too much. What gets me, apart from everything about that Ray storyline, is that at the start of the season AK and MG were all Felicity is going to have a choice, Ray is going to be a very very good alternative. That's fine but if Ray is the one breaking up with her, how is that her choice? I don't doubt Felicity's feelings at all, but I'm pissed about all her decisions in her personal life being taken by supposedly self sacrificing men. I don't care if she breaks up with Ray 2 seconds before sleeping with Oliver, just please let her be the one to do it.

From 2x19, it seems Felicity is happy living in denial land, but I'm hoping against all odds Thea's death is going to be the wake up call for Oliver and her.

Edited by steeledwithakiss
  • Love 7

Awww, maybe Felicity is going to take Thea home, and maybe live with her or at least take care of her, to make sure she's okay after being LPed. 

GIVE THIS TO ME. I want this. I can see this happening. Felicity thinking the only way she can help Oliver is by making sure Thea is okay. But for all we know Thea might stay in NP. Depends on whether she goes crazy or evil or whatever.

I can't work out whether he'll be brainwashed or he'll have to be 'evil' because he literally has no choice. It can't last more than an episode though, right?

I'm scared that something he does while he's evil is what causes the break between him and Diggle. 

I would say it's more likely that whatever he does gives the writers yet more reason to keep him and Felicity apart in season 4. Something that he ends up apologising for, but Felicity says it will "take time to get over". 

Not looking forward to Evil Oliver. :( I know that kind of thing can be fun for an actor to play, but I always hate it when a favorite character suddenly goes dark.

I agree that the Canary clip will just be Thea remembering killing Sara. I'd love to be wrong, but I don't think they're going to bring her back quite this soon.

I guess now we know why KC was in LA so much during the filming of these two episodes (319 & 320). I doubt she'll be in next week's episode much more than this week's (but then of course she'll be in the Flash episode).

Edited by Starfish35
  • Love 1

I don't know how I feel about possibly evil or brainwashed Oliver 'cause it's a little late in the season already and we only have 4 episodes left. And I feel like Oliver has a very strong will that it should take more than 1 episode to turn him to the dark side. Then again, per MG, there is a 3-week gap between 3x20 and 3x21 so, maybe, that's how they'll explain that. I wonder if, when Oliver returns to SC as Al Sah-him in 3x21, he'll be cold/dismissive towards Diggle and Felicity and something he does as Al Sah-him is the one that breaks Diggle's trust? I don't like it.

So, I guess we'll be seeing Roy again in 3x22, right, 'cause that was when Colton went back to Vancouver to film stuff. Based on the BTS pic with the actor who plays Akio below, I'm guessing Roy has settled somewhere and become a mechanic? I don't think we should count out the Thea/Roy nuptials just yet. Maybe Thea goes to find him, once the LP crazy has completely worn off, and they get married? Roy stays wherever he's living at now and Thea comes back to SC to help Oliver/Team Arrow and train as Speedy. They could be the long-distance relationship MG sort of hinted at back during Paleyfest, I think. Has Willa (who was possibly absent, possibly out of frame during the table read) been anywhere on set for the finale filming much?

ndcc7qI.jpg

That 3x20 promo is such a trip. I was all solemn and sad with Thea dying and about to be Pitted, then I got the giggles ('cause I'm 12) at the additional clip of Oliver/Felicity sexy times, then I snorted at "The water changes people... IN THE SOUL!!!11!," then I full on burst out laughing at Thea jumping out at Oliver from the Pit complete with Exorcist-like growly sound effects. Heeheehee.

• Love 5

Maybe evil Oliver is occurs in Flashback...I don't know why I'm still trying to believe the LIES we were told at Comicon 2014, but I thought Flashback Oliver looses his soul while Present day Oliver reagins his.

Also looks like Saying "I Love you" to Oliver improves Felicity's hair (I was NOT feeling it in 3.19)...or maybe the Waters in Nanda Parbat are good for more than resurrecting people.

• Love 7

That 3x20 promo is such a trip. I was all solemn and sad with Thea dying and about to be Pitted, then I got the giggles ('cause I'm 12) at the additional clip of Oliver/Felicity sexy times, then I snorted at "The water changes people... IN THE SOUL!!!11!," then I full on burst out laughing at Thea jumping out at Oliver from the Pit complete with Exorcist-like growly sound effects. Heeheehee.

Same reaction, ahahah. Why, why does she have to jump out of the pit? LOL

• Love 2

So Oliver’s line about everything in his life leading him to this point in the next episode has been severely undercut for me by the constant advertising I’m seeing for the Bruce Jenner tell all interview.  The tag line is:  “My whole life has been getting me ready for this.”  Now every time I think of Oliver saying his very similar line, I wonder just how much the LoA is planning on changing Oliver.

• Love 1

tumblr_nmvkobwhTD1unsbsso1_500.gif

I can't tell. The sleeves are Sara but there's no boobs. Sara had boobs

I don't think it's Sara.  That looks like KC's profile, not CL's profile.  I think they included the shot in the promo to tease fans into thinking it's Sara.  (I don't think they'd need a stunt double for a walking shot.)  Plus she's wearing gloves - did Sara wear gloves?

“It’s going to be really challenging for Team Arrow,” Guggeinheim said of the final Season 3 episodes. “First the loss of Roy and there is more stuff coming for the remaining threesome of Oliver, Diggle [David Ramsey], and Felicity [Emily Bett Rickards] that is not going to get neatly resolved by the end of the year. We shot a scene last night where Diggle [David Ramsey] talks about the hurt feelings and broken trust. That will resonate not only through the remaining episodes of the season, but into Season 4.”

Interesting that MG refers to the "remaining threesome" of Team Arrow.  Isn't Laurel/BC still part of Team Arrow?  (I'm going to post my thoughts about why Laurel wasn't included in that final goodbye scene with Roy in the 3x19 episode thread.)

Oliver (Stephen Amell) goes through a rigorous transformation.

From the 3x21 official synopsis.  Maybe Oliver's ceremony includes dunking him into the LP while he's healthy which changes his soul (like evil Angel - since the EPs love Buffy/Angel) and turns him evil.  As I understand it, Thea being dunked into the LP while injured would heal her and not turn her evil.  But a healthy person being dunked into the LP would turn him crazy or bad.  So the promo voiceover about the soul could just be foreshadowing of 3x21.

And what if the LOA has an alliance with HIVE, and Oliver as the Heir finds out something about the murder of Diggle's brother but keeps the secret from Diggle?

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1
(edited)
I don't think it's Sara.  That looks like KC's profile, not CL's profile.  I think they included the shot in the promo to tease fans into thinking it's Sara.  (I don't think they'd need a stunt double for a walking shot.)  Plus she's wearing gloves - did Sara wear gloves?

I don't think that's KC's profile either.  I'm fairly certain it's the stunt double and she appears to be wearing Sara's Canary costume mostly based on the jacket, and gloves.  As to why you would need a stunt woman just to walk?  You wouldn't, but if you don't want to pay an actress for a non-speaking role you could use her stunt double instead, just like using Atlin as Canary in 201 which filmed before CL was cast as Sara.

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 3

Regarding the speculation of whether or not Oliver is getting brainwashed when joining the LoA, SA's tweet might be relevant:

YROfJdD.png

What if...hmmmm, what if this is related to flashbacks. What if oliver worked with hive after Hong Kong?? I have been wracking my brain to think what would drive a wedge bt dig and oliver. Pretty damn sure that would do it.

Is it possible we get a flashback from perhaps nyssa regarding lp use? Didn't we get a spoiler about nyssa getting some flashbacks? Maybe she used it on sara in the past.

I also wonder, if given the title "the fallen"--> implies more than one maybe? I wonder if it is possible Malcolm, who obviously knows the lp powers, ressed sara after TA buried her. Why he wouldn't mention it, dunno, but if they are trying to redeem mm it wouldbe nice if he had done something to attempt canceling out brainwashing his daughter to kill a friend.

Edited by chaos is welcome
  • Love 2

Brainwashing here we come!  

I'm okay with it because a) I've accepted the fact that this show is so ridiculous, and b) Felicity's so tied to Oliver's humanity I'm holding out some hope for some kind of feels in 3x22 when she tries to bring him back/slap him back to himself.

• Love 7

I think the wedge is HIVE-related too, which is great. Real earned conflict between OG TA. Dig and Oliver already about slayed me with their small physical confrontation last night (push him again Oliver, that was SO HOT) and it will extend to Felicity as well, since if Oliver is legitimately in the wrong, which I'm sure he is, she will side with Diggle.

I think that would mean that we'd end the season with the team broken up though, and the title of the finale gives me a different sense.

I agree with those getting anxious about the breakup/hookup timeline here. It's getting unsettling.

And obviously Felicity will run Oliver through with a sword in time to stop him from awakening Acathla. Working title of the finale: Becoming, Part 3.

Edited by ostentatious
  • Love 7
(edited)

I'm okay with it because a) I've accepted the fact that this show is so ridiculous, and b) Felicity's so tied to Oliver's humanity I'm holding out some hope for some kind of feels in 3x22 when she tries to bring him back/slap him back to himself.

I think the brainwashing will happen.  I think Evil Oliver/Al-Saheem comes to town after Nyssa in 321 and that leads to some issues with Dig/Oliver.  Where I get confused is the fact that DR/EBR/MM/Rila/KC filmed a scene together in the mountains for 322.  Is he still evil in 322?   

If he's still Evil!Oliver in 322 does that mean the gang is going to NP to confront the LoA?  (seems unlikely).  Did he maybe capture Nyssa and brought her back to NP and the gang is going after them to rescue Nyssa (seems possible).   Or is it a combination?  Does Oliver wake up at the end of 321 or early 322 and they put a plan together for taking down the LOA and that's why everyone seems to be back in NP?  However, Oliver and Nyssa aren't with them because they're "inside" the LOA.

BTW - What's the game changer for 319?  That the Arrow is dead?

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 1

I agree with those getting anxious about the breakup/hookup timeline here. It's getting unsettling.

These guys will never EVER learn/get it. No she's not cheating on Ray, she broke up with him (not even he breaks up with her) two hours before she pledges her love and her bod to Oliver. GOSH!

Edited by blixie
  • Love 6

I'm anxious too. I've decided I don't care if it is 5 mins, 5 hours or 5 days after, but Felicity REALLY needs to be the one to break it off with Ray.

I hope the Felicity just decides that she is not going to let Oliver go to Ra's without her yet again and tells Ray that this is it.

• Love 3

I wonder if we're even going to get an actual breakup or if it will just be alluded to.

I was wondering the same thing.  A lot will be going on in 3.20.  Do we know if BR filmed for 3.20?

Edited by Sunshine

These guys will never EVER learn/get it. No she's not cheating on Ray, she broke up with him (not even he breaks up with her) two hours before she pledges her love and her bod to Oliver. GOSH!

Maybe he will break up with her? That mirrors Sara. I think that if she was going to break up with him, she would be in a clearer headspace on the plane and her big move toward Oliver wouldn't be in his room. Like, breaking up with Ray before getting on the plane signals intent that I don't think she's going to be clear on until after the big plane scene in 320.

Which, upon further reflection, I am starting to think may be a scene in which Oliver articulates thoughts that SA and various prods and Saint David of Ramsey have articulated all year. Think of the things that we've heard in various forms from those sources. Oliver wants what Diggle has, and he wants it with Felicity. There is one woman in his life and that's Felicity. Laurel and Sara were about who he used to be, but Felicity is about who he is *now*. She's his future.

Generally speaking when thoughts like that get repeated and are so nuanced it's because they came from something on set. Scripts or extensive discussion bts.

The quote from Stephen about having become less introverted and damaged, more accepting, and "the guiding principle in that transformation was Felicity" is particularly interesting because that is a very very evolved set of thoughts. A sweeping set. It doesn't sound like an actor's internal process alone, it sounds like a larger, more pervasive discussion about his journey.

I stg if they have him reference that conversation with Diggle about love not being about changing or saving someone and that someday he'd find someone who was already the right fit I WILL NOT SURVIVE.

I WILL NOT.

• Love 9

So, I know this show isn't Mad Men, but am I really the only one who thought about Felicity being dressed in white in this episode, for most of the big Olicity scenes? Cause....a bouquet is just a bouquet, but bouquet PLUS her being costumed in white right before the Big Bang? Just sayin!

My terrible thought of the day is that Thea is gonna come out of the Lazarus Pit cuckoo crazy bananapants while also wearing a white satin wedding dress and Ra's gonna marry her for trollz.

So, does he marry her off to the League problem child all, "Heh, deal with this." ?

I don't think that's KC's profile either.  I'm fairly certain it's the stunt double and she appears to be wearing Sara's Canary costume mostly based on the jacket, and gloves.  As to why you would need a stunt woman just to walk?  You wouldn't, but if you don't want to pay an actress for a non-speaking role you could use her stunt double instead, just like using Atlin as Canary in 201 which filmed before CL was cast as Sara.

The hair is another giveaway that it's CL or her stunt double. Remember, LL's BC wig is straighter because it's more feminine and modern! :)

• Love 3

Must admit I am looking forward to Willa's take on 'bat-shit crazy Thea', not as much as Olicity sex, but c'mon.

Ra's is about to learn that you do not mess with everyone's favourite Bitch With Wi-fi.

• Love 2

I just posted TV.com's review of 3x19 "Broken Arrow" and that reviewer raised the point that Thea has now been stabbed by Ra's blade and spoilers indicate that she will survive via the LP.  So that sets her up for becoming a possible Heir to the Demon because of that prophecy (that the person who survives being killed by Ra's blade will become Ra's al Ghul).

We had originally speculated that Oliver survived being killed by Ra's in their duel by using the LP.  So now Thea will survive via the LP.  So what if  that's what actually happens.  Thea becomes the Heir to the Demon - which lets Malcolm off the hook for the blood debt and allows Oliver to return to Starling City.  And what if Thea then takes on a new LOA name of Talia.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 5

I just posted TV.com's review of 3x19 "Broken Arrow" and that reviewer raised the point that Thea has now been stabbed by Ra's blade and spoilers indicate that she will survive via the LP.  So that sets her up for becoming a possible Heir to the Demon because of that prophecy (that the person who survives being killed by Ra's blade will become Ra's al Ghul).

Yeah, but Oliver legit (ridiculously) lived. Seems like Thea flatlines and actually dies, then has to be brought back via the LP, so I don't think that idiotic prophecy holds true for her.

• Love 1

I think the Evil! Oliver is going to be present time, and that's the "transformation" mentioned in the 3x21 summary.

Brainwashing here we come!

Aaaaaand, I'm out.  The guy who survived five years in hell and came out still wanting to help people is going to be brainwashed into being evil in three weeks.  Way to be stupid and undermining of the "hero."  Between that and Felicity literally hanging all over Ray for God knows how many episodes (I've seen the stills) and still hanging all over him after supposedly realizing she loves Oliver, yeah, right.  That's real love, the kind that makes you want to bang another dude.

Fuck these assholes.

• Love 1

I think the bigger question is the theme of identity.  Last night Felicity specifically told Oliver that Ra's killed the Arrow and we know that Oliver is going to become Al-Saheem in 321 and that the title for 323 is My Name is Oliver Queen.  Now, I totally do not buy the idea that Oliver retires from Vigilanting, that's not the theme of this season, the theme is Oliver coming to terms with being both Oliver Queen and The Arrow.  In 301, Oliver killed OQ, he said I can't be this and the Arrow so he chose just The Arrow.  Now, Ra's has "killed" the Arrow, so what's left?

Oddly enough I'm actually starting to find Oliver's identity issues interesting.too bad they waited until the last 5 episodes to actually advance that freaking plot.

They're also talking about going bigger in S4.  I can't find the quote now but I read it last night and they were talking about going Global and stuff.  I really do wonder what they have planned for the end of S3 and S4.  I'm getting the impression that Oliver/TA won't return to Starling City (full time?  Ever?) and might deal with issues on a global event scale, ARGUS level?

• Love 8

Yeah, I agree with others here. I don't care when it happens now, I just need Felicity and Ray to break up before she sleeps with Oliver. I don't want any cheating involved in my OTP. Let's leave that to O/L thanks. 

But they've definitely set it up as if Ray will be the one to gallantly let Felicity go because he knows she's in love with someone else. I wish it didn't come down to that because I wanted to see Felicity make a final decision once and for all but this late in the game, I'll take anything as long as it happens. PLEASE. 

I definitely think that woman is Sara but she's just played by a stunt woman. It makes sense if we're not actually going to see Sara in anything but flashback. Why bring CL back just to walk through a scene? Pointless.

As for evil Oliver - it's weird this is happening so late in the season. When they started mentioning how Ra's would be the one to teach Oliver that he couldn't be both Oliver and the Arrow, and how we'd see a return to a more s1 Oliver, I really thought we'd see more ruthlessness in him much earlier than this. But I'm glad that it won't last much longer than an episode or two because it just undoes all the progress he's made over two seasons. 

And as they've linked Felicity to Oliver's humanity, I'm sure it will be her love or whatever that brings him back. Thea and Diggle too. They're his family. 

I think it's still possible that they could work it so that Thea becomes the new Heir to the Demon.  The exact words said by Malcolm were: "But there is a prophecy. The man that doesn't perish at the blade of Ra's Al Ghul will become Ra's al Ghul."

At one time we thought that Oliver actually did die in that duel and would be resurrected via the LP.  So if that worked for Oliver, then it should work for Thea as well.  The bigger issue could be the prophecy specifically referring to a "man".  So does the prophecy have to be fulfilled by a man, or is this just a generic term, or is it more of the LOA chauvinism?

At one time we thought that Oliver actually did die in that duel and would be resurrected via the LP.  So if that worked for Oliver, then it should work for Thea as well.  The bigger issue could be the prophecy specifically referring to a "man".  So does the prophecy have to be fulfilled by a man, or is this just a generic term, or is it more of the LOA chauvinism?

We thought he died, but he didn't. Thea seems to be actually dead though, so I don't see how this would work because Thea DID perish at his blade. It took a few days, but she seems to be dead dead dead in that preview. 

But they've definitely set it up as if Ray will be the one to gallantly let Felicity go because he knows she's in love with someone else. I wish it didn't come down to that because I wanted to see Felicity make a final decision once and for all but this late in the game, I'll take anything as long as it happens. PLEASE. 

Truth be told, though, Felicity's made her decision. It's clear who she wants -- to herself, to Oliver, and to us. She basically told Oliver in The Offer that they'd be together if he let them, and that's been reinforced in subsequent episodes. So as much as I'd really love to see Felicity be the one to call it quits with Ray, I won't be upset if Ray instigates the breakup. Emotionally, Felicity called it quits on Ray almost right after she slept with him that first time. The breakup is just a formality.

• Love 3

So as much as I'd really love to see Felicity be the one to call it quits with Ray, I won't be upset if Ray instigates the breakup.

Well I still hope it's to some degree a mutual discussion about how it's not a..."thing",  even if it was what they both needed for a while. I think I just was really hoping it happened in 3X19, but I should know by know how much they love to not allow anything to breathe. Hopefully Felicity lays it all on the line to him, for him in that plane, because as has been said I really need to see her embracing this and not just "accepting things" Oliver dictates. For me, her potentially sneaking on the plane, having it out with him would do much to ameliorate the fact that Ray is the one to suggest it's over.

Edited by blixie
  • Love 2

I think the bigger question is the theme of identity.  [...] the theme is Oliver coming to terms with being both Oliver Queen and The Arrow. [...] They're also talking about going bigger in S4.  I can't find the quote now but I read it last night and they were talking about going Global and stuff.  I really do wonder what they have planned for the end of S3 and S4.  I'm getting the impression that Oliver/TA won't return to Starling City (full time?  Ever?) and might deal with issues on a global event scale, ARGUS level?

I like your thoughts, @morrigan2575. When I read your post it occurred to me that they might put another twist on the identity theme: This season is about Oliver coming to terms with "living by two names". We always assumed that the two identities involved are "Oliver Queen" and "The Arrow". But what if it turns out at the end of S3 that our protagonist embraces being "Oliver Queen" AND "AL-SAHEEM", i.e. a refined heroic version of the LoA leader who tries to reform his organization? He could be part time in Starling City and part time in Nanda Parbat. (After all, it's apparently not that difficult to move back and forth between the two places.) Alternatively, they could move the LoA headquarters from Nanda Parbat to Starling City... Maybe there is some free space in (or under) the Palmer Technologies building? Such a plot twist would allow the show to end the season on a more positive note (the protagonist doesn't end up as "Evil!Oliver"), AND at the same time the show could go "more global" in S4 (now it's all about failing and saving THE WORLD instead of just a city).

Edited by Kordi
  • Love 1