Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

Combine that with their other favorite word this year "justice."  

I just for a shortcut have been calling the spinoff Team Justice but now I wonder if I'm close to the truth.  

I feel like I said this before :) Or maybe I forgot to share my supermarket brainstorm last week when we were discussing possible titles. Or maybe I got distracted... it might be buried in a thread somewhere. But I totally see TEAM JUSTICE as a very strong contender for the spin off title :)

Edited by kismet

They might be trying to keep a little bit of mistery for the next episodes because it looks like a lot of information got out that they didn't want to (like Oliver in his LOA uniform and maybe the O/F hook up and from the Asian promo Ray getting stabbed).

And if Thea is the one dying and getting LP'd everyone's already guessed it.

Edited by steeledwithakiss
  • Love 2

Posts that start with "I hate [insert character here] should not be here- it should be taken to a character thread.

Hating characters is not spoilery.  In many cases, it's public knowledge who hates or loves which character on the Arrow Topic.

What, you think we don't read all the posts?  Dun dun DUN  /cue scary music

• Love 5

Would the EPs really be so stupid as to release in a promo a scene they know a large part of the audience wants to see, and will to tune to see it, and then say "Ha, ha, fooled you!"?

If this is a fantasy Oliver is having as he gets branded..... I may just give up.

• Love 1

Would the EPs really be so stupid as to release in a promo a scene they know a large part of the audience wants to see, and will to tune to see it, and then say "Ha, ha, fooled you!"?

If this is a fantasy Oliver is having as he gets branded..... I may just give up.

No way is it a fantasy. The most risque thing Oliver's done with Felicity in his dreams is give her a closed mouth kiss, haha.

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 10

The EPs have no control over the promos. That's all the network, and the network wants ratings so I can definitely see them putting a dream/hallucination in the promos to get viewers. Especially when/if it's olicity related.

• Love 3

No way is it a fantasy. The most risque thing Oliver's done with Felicity in his dreams is give her a closed mouth kiss, haha.

Oh Oliver. Too precious for this world.

• Love 3

The EPs have no control over the promos. That's all the network, and the network wants ratings so I can definitely see them putting a dream/hallucination in the promos to get viewers. Especially when/if it's olicity related.

And the EPS shouldn't make it a halluctaion/dream either I really hope they didn't make it that. We olicters deserve something nice lol

Plus it would be awkward because that dream/hallucination would probably turn Oliver on and you know.......... that's not what people want to see :p

Well...not *all* we want to see...

You know how people didn't want the first canon Olicity kiss to be in the fake out? I don't want the first Olicity sex to be in a dream. It just feels wrong. Either do it or don't do it.

• Love 17

You know how people didn't want the first canon Olicity kiss to be in the fake out? I don't want the first Olicity sex to be in a dream. It just feels wrong. Either do it or don't do it.

No I meant, it wouldn't be what the characters in the show want to see because when men get turned on, even in their sleep/or are hallucinating they have erections. So it would be weird for Oliver to have that while getting branded lmao

My mind is in the gutter. Forgive me.

Edited by wonderwall
  • Love 4

Literally. Now those are action words that should be taken seriously on Arrow.

Oh Oliver. Too precious for this world.

I don`t think the sex scene is a fake out - it`s in their interest publicity-wise to stir the pot a bit on this, after all - but maybe the wedding/marriage stuff is a Oliver-Felicity fakeout - maybe the league induction/transformation process forces him to think about what he most wants and then strips that and his identity all away, leaving only the heir to the demon.  Romantic visions are more in keeping with his almost courtly approach to Felicity, and it would reflect his feelings in the hospital in the first episode. 

• Love 3

Oh there is NO way that sex scene is a fake out/dream/hallucination; they actually want people to see the last three episodes during the sweeps and not turn against the show in murderous rage.

• Love 12

Team Justice! Now with 100% more Justice!

When we do something heroic like electrocute an innocent man or jump out if a window with no safety in sight.

I reckon we need at least 2 weeks of preparation.

You guys slay me....I wish it weren't so funny here, it would make it easier to quit this train wreck ;)

• Love 10

Unless something happens other than what we know, she's just getting a wearable version of Sara's device. People who were bugging Marc about her getting the CC wanted her to actually get the CC.

Fan pandering? lol 

• Love 1

Lmaoooooooooooooooooooo oh my god I didn't even consider that. Laurel having to open her mouth just to let the sound out :p Can you imagine if it malfunctioned? Laurel would have her mouth opening and closing like an idiot trying to get the thing to work and the whole fight would stop and it'll go like this: 

Bad guy 1 to Oliver: What in the world is she doing? 

Oliver: *embarrassed frustrated sigh* this is why I don't invite her to tag along

Laurel: (in the background talking to herself while bad guy and Oliver just look at her in confusion/embarrassment respectively) Seriously it worked fine just yesterday

IMO modified sonic bombs would've been cooler. 

Edited by wonderwall
  • Love 5

I'm imagining Laurel's canary cry malfunctioning, like the voice box translators the dogs wore in Pixar's "Up". I would enjoy hearing Laurel talking like she inhaled helium. Picture the criminals' faces when they hear "I'm the justice you can't outrun" in a chipmunk voice...

Yes, I'm mean. And yes, I watch a lot of Pixar movies...

• Love 14

Unsure if this has been brought up before, but I don't think Oliver will break through his Al Sah-Him spell until 3x22.

I don't know if it was ever confirmed which Flash episode those BTS photos of The Flash, Ra's Ollie Ghul and Firestorm were from, but from what I seem to recall Flash 1x22 was the guess. Despite his League outfit, Oliver seems more himself when fighting Reverse Flash than Al Sah-Him. Since 1x22 airs after 3x22 I think it's possible Oliver breaks through his Al Sah-Him spell in 3x22.

Edited by Soulfire

The fight club promo - I can't even... It really looks like the EPs are going all in with catering to the comic book fans.  With all the emphasis on costumed superheroes and villains, I also have to think that DC Comics wants the TV shows to promote their comic characters so that they can sell more comics (even if the characters aren't exactly the same).

What if both Roy and Thea die (the two deaths predicted), and Ra's gives Oliver the choice to save only one of them via the LP (another choice - eye roll) in return for becoming Heir to the Demon?  Oliver would of course choose to save Thea, but he would have a lot of manpain over not choosing Roy - esp. considering that Roy took the fall for Oliver.

I really hope the wedding is not Oliver & Felicity because (as someone else here said) that would be a sign that they're not endgame since then they would likely break up in season 4.

The more I read the spoilers, the more I feel like I won't be returning to watch Arrow next season - but "'hope' is the thing with feathers"...

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

When we do something heroic like electrocute an innocent man or jump out if a window with no safety in sight.

I reckon we need at least 2 weeks of preparation.

Oh p'shaw! I just jumped off a building with no rope or parachute last night and it was easy! Any idiot can do it. My magic mask saved me. I also stand in front of my house and yell at kids to get off my lawn. While wearing a mask. They're just so terribly comfortable. I think everyone will be wearing them in the future.

I really don't think the sex scene is a fakeout but I have been wrong before. :( And I would hate for the wedding to be between Oliver and Felicity. It's just too soon. I also think Malcolm needs to become the next Ra's al Ghul - it's the only way Malcolm's continued presence on the show makes sense to me. 

• Love 2

I'm just trying to figure out what element of prior story this transforming Oliver into al Sah'whoever is mirroring.

Why did we have to tap dance ever since 309 and cram everything into the final five? They need to examine every single ridiculous trip back and forth to the formerly secret and presumably very fucking remote Nanda Parbat, which apparently is now a Delta hub, and think, could we have done this with fewer ridiculous trips? How about he survives and Ra's finds out immediately and then falls in love with him because prophecy ok fine, and we let Oliver's act II be about resisting and escaping, and then when he gets back to SC in the 313 timeframe he's clammed up about it until the timer runs out and Ra's starts applying pressure.

When you have to go back and forth to NP seventeen times you know the plot thread has escaped you entirely. Just have him "die" in NP - it's so weird that they felt compelled to inform us that the sword fight was on neutral ground presumably to cover this very logistical question yet go back and forth now like it's nothing - and spend a few eps trying to get back. 

Edited by ostentatious
  • Love 11

Oliver controlling remotely Ray's suit has the potential of being either very ridiculous or very awesome. Plus this might very well be Roy's last hour (fingers crossed it's not) and Thea vs Ra's is going to end in tragedy. I can't wait for this episode. Absence makes the heart grow fonder, maybe that's why!

• Love 1

I wish we had gotten the actual dialog from when Nyssa told Oliver about Nanda Parbat's location, because he came back to the team with "she told me Nanda Parbat is hidden under the Hindu Kush". That's FIVE HUNDRED MILES OF MOUNTAINS, Oliver. I really hope you asked for actual GPS coordinates.

And then showed us the teleportation device you've all been using.

Anyway. If Roy and Thea are getting married, is it in tonight's episode? Or is it in 322? Those are the two  possibilities if we go with Colton's presence on set.

Edited by dancingnancy
  • Love 4

Things we know about the wedding: Present Day, Wedding and Marriage, Filmed before 3x23

There was that tweet about Love is in Air which I think was 3x21. That may be related.

I hate this wedding spoiler so much.

• Love 2

Favorite theory of the day: two randos are getting married at City Hall, and Laurel and/or Quentin pass right by them happily exiting the ceremony, all wedded and married, while going back to the actual plot of the show.

• Love 5

Favorite theory of the day: two randos are getting married at City Hall, and Laurel and/or Quentin pass right by them happily exiting the ceremony, all wedded and married, while going back to the actual plot of the show.

Yeah, I feel like this is a complete troll wedding.

• Love 1

Lovely People,

Many of you are veering off topic.  There are several non-spoilers here, that belong in character and other threads.  I've already posted about this, and you are making me a sad, butter, cranky Mod.  I don't want to be cranky.

So....going forward, off topic posts are going to be deleted.

Courage people!  It's only 8 hours until the show!

(edited)

Unsure if this has been brought up before, but I don't think Oliver will break through his Al Sah-Him spell until 3x22.

I don't know if it was ever confirmed which Flash episode those BTS photos of The Flash, Ra's Ollie Ghul and Firestorm were from, but from what I seem to recall Flash 1x22 was the guess. Despite his League outfit, Oliver seems more himself when fighting Reverse Flash than Al Sah-Him. Since 1x22 airs after 3x22 I think it's possible Oliver breaks through his Al Sah-Him spell in 3x22.

The MG interview with EW makes me wonder if Oliver will still be part of the LoA going into 323 or even permanently.  The way he was talking about creating a new Saga Sell and how we're going to see the LoA through Oliver's eyes.  I'm now wondering if the new direction really is to have Oliver take over the LoA or something.

Edited by Morrigan2575

With the thing about Oliver smiling in Season 4, I don't think he's going to be in the LOA by end of 323. But I think we're looking at him being in NP for 321, possibly even almost all of 322, coming back at the end maybe for whatever he's doing in CC in 122. (And hurray, two more episodes of Oliver being sequestered from the team.) The writers here have no problem shoving a whole story into a half an episode (Malcolm training Oliver, anyone?), so seeing the LOA through Oliver's eyes could take place entirely in 321 and I wouldn't be surprised at all. 

I mean, I guess I wouldn't be surprised no matter what, at this point. This writing staff needs a come-to-Jesus retreat with Greg Berlanti during the hiatus to get their shit together.

Edited by Carrie Ann
  • Love 11

The MG interview with EW makes me wonder if Oliver will still be part of the LoA going into 323 or even permanently.  The way he was talking about creating a new Saga Sell and how we're going to see the LoA through Oliver's eyes.  I'm now wondering if the new direction really is to have Oliver take over the LoA or something.

I have been wondering the same thing.  Also, SA said something a while back (at one of his cons I believe) about not only changing suits but that in S4 he would be getting a major suit upgrade (not to be confused with Flarrow upgrade).  I assumed he meant a business suit again but maybe he's going from LOA minion suit to LOA leader suit? 

(edited)

i know MG said somewhere that 321 is going to be emotional and focus heavily on Team Arrow dealing with Oliver leaving them again.  I'm not sure what heavily means to him as the show will most likely focus on Oliver being with Ra's, Nyssa being in danger (bringing Laurel into her story) and then Felicity/Diggle (but who knows?)

I'm hoping against hope the different Saga Sell is just a gimmick for the episode, kind of like the modifications they made to the tile credits with the Cupid arrow, and the Flash crossover.

I hope so but he's never really made a point of changing the Saga Sell in an interview before so I'm wondering if it's something bigger. Of course this is MG and he has issues with overselling.  So, it really could be nothing.

Oh and having looked back through the spoilers.  

315 - Game Changer was it Ra's wanting Oliver to be Ra's Ollie Ghul?

318 -  Game Changer Oliver being outed as Arrow

319 - Game Changer ??

Edited by Morrigan2575

They wouldn't name the season finale "My Name is Oliver Queen" if he were staying in the LOA.  The whole name thing as a proxy for "identity" has been a huge deal this (stupid) season, so proclaiming his name as Oliver Queen is making it pretty clear he's not going to be Al-Saheem or Ra's al Ghul.

• Love 2