Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

To me, taking matters into her own hands with Ra's would mean she does something that actually *matters* with him, and I suspect standing up to him just means dialogue. Not anything that makes a difference. 

I just want her role to be more than essentially fucking Oliver into an epiphany about his own life, that's all. Even if it does just mean talking with Ra's. 

• Love 18

If she smarts off to Ra's, I'm not sure why he wouldn't just lop her head off.  I mean, she screwed Ray into an epiphany, I'm pretty much expecting the same with Oliver.  Although of course he's stupid now, so it will be a delayed epiphany.

Well the last person that laughed at him (Sara) became a highly trained & used member of the LoA. Of which Ras had fond memories of, but not enough to trace down her killer. So who knows what Ra's reaction might be??

Maybe he'll offer to marry her :) There we go another couple for the Russian Roulette games of Quickie Arrow Weddings for unknown reasons. :)

• Love 4

I think everyone's been expecting Felicity to confront him verbally, though? Not take an action against him? Because that's all I was saying; taking matters into her own hands implies *action* to me. Which is why I think standing up to Ra's is not the *action*, and they are two different scenes. 

This is certainly not me trying to poo-poo Felicity's agency. Yeesh.

I say it's Thea who "dies". Between her and Felicity/EBR, I trust Willa to play that scene great.

To be fair, dying doesn't take a lot of acting skills... Unless it's a dramatic death. EBR can handle herself well and it's difficult to say who would shine in this scene because neither WH or EBR have ever had to 'die' before so we have no precedent to base who would do better on. 

• Love 2

I think everyone's been expecting Felicity to confront him verbally, though? Not take an action against him? Because that's all I was saying; taking matters into her own hands implies *action* to me. Which is why I think standing up to Ra's is not the *action*, and they are two different scenes. 

I wasn't trying to imply you were poo-pooing Felicity's agency at all, I just am hoping that the "taking matters into her own hands" means her doing something other than going to Oliver's room and sleeping with him. Because yeah, taking matters into her own hands does imply action, but I'm not sure we can deduce meaning from the summary considering the people who write them don't seem to know the difference between "site" and "sight," haha.

• Love 1

I sinceriously hope that when Felicity/Thea/Diggle go back home they don't stop trying to figure out ways to save Oliver and get him out of the LoA business. I think that, that would be a great way for Thea/Felicity/Diggle to bond more and a great way to show that the people Oliver loves would go to the ends of the earth for him. 

• Love 9

Diggle was prepared to die when he went to NP the last time. Roy sacrificed his freedom (possibly his life). So it is time narratively for Thea & Felicity to set up to the plate & sacrifice themselves. I think its too soon for a big time Ras/Felicity "taking matters" moment in 320, perhaps just a verbal spar - but something more in like 322/323. Thea will likely be to occupied being dead or LPd. But perhaps she dies as a consequence of trying to protect her brother. I do look forward to the last 3 episodes of the show because I feel like that is when they (TQ &FS) will have their moments of glory. Totally believe that there is no way TA & TQ are leaving OQ behind in NP. There is definitely going to be some full out mission to get him out of LoA & back home by 323. I keep on saying it, his loved ones willing to die for him despite his protestations/efforts is going to be the turning point emotionally for OQ to accept being OQ.

Edited by kismet
  • Love 2

Seems to me if Felicity is standing up to Ra's it will happen in either 3.20 or 3.23 with 3.20 most likely. IIRC, they liked her scene where she stood up to Malcolm (she was seated in the scene) so they wrote her another. "Taking matters into her own hands" could also mean her getting on that jet without Oliver's knowledge and then confronting him. This would make it 2 separate issues. I guess I can't quite see Oliver (Diggle or Malcolm)inviting Felicity along. They aren't going on vacation. I guess it could be so a female would be there for Thea should she survive since it doesn't look like Laurel s going. It's one thing to ask her to see it through to the end when he thought he was going to jail. It's another when he's going to learn to run Assassins R Us.

I wasn't trying to imply you were poo-pooing Felicity's agency at all, I just am hoping that the "taking matters into her own hands" means her doing something other than going to Oliver's room and sleeping with him. Because yeah, taking matters into her own hands does imply action, but I'm not sure we can deduce meaning from the summary considering the people who write them don't seem to know the difference between "site" and "sight," haha.

I hear you. I suppose I think that her sleeping with him isn't like, an inspiring thing for him but a major move for her? Obviously he isn't going to be changing his plans. It seems to me it's more about her. She is on top, after all.

Oh wait also Thea has to be LPd in 320 right? Lawd. Maybe the ritual and branding and such will be a montage at the very end.

I really hope 323 has Oliver coming home to her and actually BEING home.

Edited by ostentatious

I don't think Felicity having sex with Oliver is her taking matters into her own hands because I personally think that the sex will be goodbye sex (you could see the sadness in Felicity's eyes when Oliver takes off her glasses (ugh such a beautiful moment)). I think Felicity taking matters into her own hands will be her either standing up to Ra's, or trying to gather info in NP with the assistance of Digg/Malcolm/Thea to help save Oliver.

Edited by wonderwall
  • Love 4

Are Dig and Felicity supposed to be in NP past 320? I figured they'd be leavin' on the Ray plane, maybe intercutting their flying away with Oliver getting inducted or whatever.

Okay, lunchtime poll: how many think the sex will feature an actual song with lyrics as opposed to a Blake Neely score?

Edited by ostentatious

Are Dig and Felicity supposed to be in NP past 320? I figured they'd be leavin' on the Ray plane, maybe intercutting their flying away with Oliver getting inducted or whatever.

Yeah, I think they'll leave NP at the end of 320, because the summary for 321, with Laurel asking them for help protecting Nyssa, seems to indicate they're back in SC in 321.

Edited by Starfish35

"leavin' on the Ray plane, maybe intercutting their flying away with Oliver getting inducted or whatever."

I bet you're right.  God, the ridiculous maudlin angst of this show.  I need to invent a portmanteau for maudlin + angst, with just a frisson of manpain on top.  Mangst?  Seems too easy.

• Love 1

Okay, lunchtime poll: how many think the sex will feature an actual song with lyrics as opposed to a Blake Neely score?

Blake Neely. If they do go lyrics. I'm hoping its something like Give Me Love by Ed Sheeran.

• Love 1

Yeah, I think they'll leave NP at the end of 320, because the summary for 321, with Laurel asking them for help protecting Nyssa, seems to indicate they're back in SC in 321.

321 also takes place 3 weeks after 320.  So it's possible we see D/F/T/MM leave NP at the end of 320.  Or it's possible 321 just picks up with them back in SC and a comment is made about them coming back 3 weeks ago.  

• Love 3

I really hope 323 has Oliver coming home to her and actually BEING home.

I've got something in my eye, like a twig, or you know, a branch. (Seriously though I would love it.)

As for music, I wouldn't mind something instrumental, perhaps with Middle Eastern and/or oriental influences.

• Love 1

Sex to a Blake Neely score. 1. Cheaper 2. More EPIC 3. Greater importance to characters/story

Plus - don't they already have a theme they can & will just build on?

Edited by kismet
  • Love 1

Yeah I think it will be scored, L/O got lyrics (to Radioactive which will never not be funny), so it's just another way to draw a distinction between the misfire relationship, and the one true babe. 

• Love 1

In my ideal Olicity first time fantasies it's a JOYOUS and LIGHT bang fest scored to Giving Up the Gun, because Oliver has finally giving all that ISH the hell up. 

ETA: Haha yes that promo is hilariously terrible Super Hero Thunderdome and like Laurel is holding her own. Bitch,please!

Edited by blixie
  • Love 2

Good gods. That Fight Club promo is horrible.

It's not too bad, except for when Buckle somehow managed to best Malcolm... because.. i was just glad i was not drinking anything or else my screen would have been dosed with it. Also my left eyebrow now hurts for it being up too long with me still thinking "really? like really?! buckle can best Malcolm?! you fucking kidding me?!!!...." enter me also trying really hard not to laugh

Edited by foreverevolving
  • Love 1

I enjoyed the randomness of the fight club promo. Although isn't fight club little old for a pop-culture reference? But I parts were funny. Good work-up for the stunts & CGI depts. The actors quips were decent. And you know what, I actually thought RP was a little funny in the end. His suit still looked ridiculous & out of place, but that will likely always be a problem. I don't know why the spent the $$ to put the promo together. Seems a little frivolous. But hey it was a good distraction from the paperwork that Ive been working on for awhile now & was supposed to finish Saturday (getting very easily distracted these days).

Edited by kismet
  • Love 2

Also I think it sucked because it's a tone that does not match Arrow at all, and as an already embittered Oliver-girl. It was trying to be too cool for itself. JMHO.

I did think the intro was funny with Barry and Oliver in the elevator. But it was all downhill from there IMO. 

Edited by catrox14

I enjoyed the concept of the video - the scorekeeping and "days without injury" in particular. Should've been half as long. And they really should make some cool promos that include the non-masked heroes on both shows, even though I know TPTB think they aren't shit at this point.

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 7

the EPs have nothing to do with the promos otherwise It'd make sense why they're pimping out all the masks... What's surprising is that the CW thinks that the non masked heroes aren't as important to include in the promos. The CW must know that Diggle/Felicity are well liked among the Arrow community so I just don't get why they aren't promoted more often... Oh well, just as long as I get a good Felicity/Diggle arc in season 4 I don't give a damn. This season was about masks anyways and the poor quality of this season shows that masks aren't the way to go. 

• Love 4

I can't watch right now.  What in the world is this Fight Club promo all about??

It's Oliver taking Barry to a "fight club" where there's a cage in the middle of a dark room. Laurel and Roy go after Malcolm, Oliver goes up against Ra's, Barry goes up against the Flash villains and then the villains take the elevator down while the heroes (only the ones with masks on - the only ones that matter) stay behind. Ray shows up at the end and busts through the ceiling because he didn't know there was an elevator.

• Love 1

There is no way Buckles would've beat Malcolm. They are really trying to show that Laurel is the bestest ever after a month of training. I'm just going to have to go with Cassidy's stunt double beat Barrowman's stunt double to have it make sense. 

• Love 3

I enjoyed the concept of the video - the scorekeeping and "days without injury" in particular. Should've been half as long. And they really should make some cool promos that include the non-masked heroes on both shows, even though I know TPTB think they aren't shit at this point.

Or at least put the non-masks that are official parts of the team in the background. Felicity, Diggle, Cisco & Caitlin could have been munching on some popcorn in the stands or even hanging on the bars like the other people who weren't in the rings were. I know Stein is part of Firestorm, but they easily could have given his job to the non-masks, and let him get in the ring.

• Love 5

Or at least put the non-masks that are official parts of the team in the background. Felicity, Diggle, Cisco & Caitlin could have been munching on some popcorn in the stands or even hanging on the bars like the other people who weren't in the rings were. I know Stein is part of Firestorm, but they easily could have given his job to the non-masks, and let him get in the ring.

Yeah, that would've been a good way to get them in there. They could've been spectators or the scorekeepers. This exclusionist BS really pisses me off. 

• Love 9

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh so apparently:

the promo was filmed during TCA aka the panel that went viral because of the lack of women (1 in 16)

This makes sense. Let me try to get a legit source out of this. 

Yeah, that would've been a good way to get them in there. They could've been spectators or the scorekeepers. This exclusionist BS really pisses me off. 

Why is it that so many of US here find it so easy to identify & fix mistakes that the people who get paid to do this job seem to overlook??? I mean its not just this promo, all of these Arrow threads are overflowing with good ideas that fix & prevent so many of these exclusionary WTF moments or character problems. I just don't understand it.

Why is it that so many of US here find it so easy to identify & fix mistakes that the people who get paid to do this job seem to overlook???

We're not blinded by being allowed to play with the comic book characters.

Ray shows up at the end and busts through the ceiling because he didn't know there was an elevator.

This is the guy they're trying to make into a hero?

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 1

Honestly, I don't even care that Laurel beat Malcolm. He was double teamed and Roy put in his fair share of work, and Laurel stumbling wouldn't have fit the effect they were going for and REALLY wouldn't have looked good considering she is the ONLY WOMAN IN THE THING besides the FANGIRL WOMAN IN THE ELEVATOR

deep breaths

deep breaths

deep

breaths

• Love 2

Honestly it just further emphasizes the fact that he was there just to be the token black guy *rolls eyes*. I don't mind Laurel beat Malcolm because in the show she would never have a chance. I'm getting more and more upset that Diggle/Felicity/Joe/Cisco/Caitlin weren't in the promo. They're the people who actually make their own shows more interesting. 

• Love 8

Was Ray's suit finished by the TCAs? For some reason I thought it was still being tweaked at that point.

Don't really care when or why it was done this way--it is comic nerd masturbatory fantasy shit and the opposite of why I watch these shows. But a good reminder that the things I like are absolutely not the priority.

• Love 13