Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

Just watched Monday's show. How boring... Anyhoo, I did laugh when Franco asked Dante why he was doing something (don't remember, don't care), and Dante answered "reasons". Couldn't he have thrown a Helena in there too? And Jordan's hair looked awful- was it a wig?

• Love 3

Gee! So some random caller calls Nathan to tell him he's still married to Claudette just as he's ready to marry Maxie? That's not the worst of it IMO. What I want to know is who does that just so conveniently? And once again, Nathan seems to be buying something without question. Is he even going to have this checked out and verified?

• Love 1

Today's already forgotten* because, oh man, am I looking forward to Bobbie reading Nelle like a cheap paperback novel tomorrow.

* Except to note Lucas' absence from his cousin Maxie's wedding when we JUST.  SAW.  HIM.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 7

Nelle seriously needs to set aside her revenge plan and move on. She's got a hot guy who's interested in her, and she's choosing to stay home and moodily obsess over that damn music box. Get your priorities in order, girl.

Sonny has been in his house 24/7 for the past month and hasn't found that pill, but Bobbie found it in two seconds. And she automatically knew it was Nelle's. That's not at all contrived.

Speaking of contrivance: it's been many years since Nathan was with Claudette, yet he finds out that he's still married to her on the day he's suppposed to marry Maxie. Claudette hasn't been on screen in months and yet she's still a pain in the ass.

I hope that Kiki and Dillon will work out their mess while they're on the bus and start the new year as a couple. Enough with the stalling.

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, Linny said:

Nelle seriously needs to set aside her revenge plan and move on. She's got a hot guy who's interested in her, and she's choosing to stay home and moodily obsess over that damn music box. Get your priorities in order, girl.

Sonny has been in his house 24/7 for the past month and hasn't found that pill, but Bobbie found it in two seconds. And she automatically knew it was Nelle's. That's not at all contrived.

Speaking of contrivance: it's been many years since Nathan was with Claudette, yet he finds out that he's still married to her on the day he's suppposed to marry Maxie. Claudette hasn't been on screen in months and yet she's still a pain in the ass.

I hope that Kiki and Dillon will work out their mess while they're on the bus and start the new year as a couple. Enough with the stalling.

I see this as a waste of time that they would bring up Nathan still being married to Claudette now. They should've covered this when she first arrived. All I can think now is that it's probably not true and Spinelli is behind it. I sure hope they aren't throwing Spinelli under the bus just to give Nathan and Maxie their thousandth round of angst.

Edited by Syndicate
  • Love 1

Where's @HeatLifer? Dante looked up Robin's skirt! Kinda!

28 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

LMAO @ Dante on the ground when Robin walked in. Excuse me while I plot this fanfic in my head.

Oh there u r. I can't believe you didn't @  me. :folds arms:

• Love 5
16 minutes ago, LeftPhalange said:

Is anyone supposed to give a single fuck about Maxie and Tree getting married? 

I don't really care about them but I liked all the scenes surrounding them. I just wish there was something they could do to make them feel quite not so sparse.

Felicia's dress was pretty. So was Robin's. Lulu's, meh. I was going to blame emme's pregnancy but they got something nice for Robin, so, nevermind about that.

Poor Tracy getting a whiff of Finn pit b.o.

• Love 4
18 minutes ago, LeftPhalange said:

Is anyone supposed to give a single fuck about Maxie and Tree getting married? 

Even though they've been talking about it forever, it weirdly felt like it came out of nowhere today.  Is it just me?

• Love 4
1 minute ago, TeeVee329 said:

Even though they've been talking about it forever, it weirdly felt like it came out of nowhere today.  Is it just me?

I think that's just the Nathan Effect. Outta sight, outta mind.

• Love 4
15 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Where's @HeatLifer? Dante looked up Robin's skirt! Kinda!

Oh there u r. I can't believe you didn't @  me. :folds arms:

I was too busy skipping around with pure excitement. Can we also talk about Dante and Mac being goofs together? Everything is falling riiiiight into place...

• Love 5
5 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

I was too busy skipping around with pure excitement. Can we also talk about Dante and Mac being goofs together? Everything is falling riiiiight into place...

Can they jail Spinelli together? The only thing I would have changed is Dante losing the rings should have been a prank on good ol' Tree. and him calling Mac "sir" was a nice touch. I don't know if the writers meant it as a shout-out to their police days together but I will take it as such.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 4
8 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

OH WAIT, I was wrong. The only thing that would improve Dante running around acting like a goof is if it happened after Sonny died and not Morgan. I sometimes sporadically see Dante fans complaining he doesn't interact enough with the Corinthii and I'm just Kermit over here sipping some tea when I see that. Although I wouldn't mind him interacting more with Michael. Or Kristina or Molly but him having scenes just chillin' with his much younger sister and/or cousin would be weird.

• Love 4
9 minutes ago, ulkis said:

OH WAIT, I was wrong. The only thing that would improve Dante running around acting like a goof is if it happened after Sonny died and not Morgan. I sometimes sporadically see Dante fans complaining he doesn't interact enough with the Corinthii and I'm just Kermit over here sipping some tea when I see that. Although I wouldn't mind him interacting more with Michael. Or Kristina or Molly but him having scenes just chillin' with his much younger sister and/or cousin would be weird.

I think more scenes with Michael would be good. It surprises me (and doesn't) that they haven't interacted more after Morgan's death. But obvs this show is more interested in boring me with Michael and Nelle.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

MAC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(No kidding, I think this might be his like, second appearance all year.  Shameful.)

I don't think he's technically a groomsman, seeing as he's giving away the bride, but if it means we see more of him, I don't care.

1 hour ago, Syndicate said:

Nathan still being married to Claudette

Of course he is. And LOL at this being the big roadblock along with Maxie taking nighttime cold medicine. This show can't think of anything original, ever.

Why do I think the pill Nelle took wasn't for high blood pressure but was a mood stabilizer instead?

Sonny is still being a martyr about his house arrest. Invite people over for New Year's Eve. You can do that, you idiot.

4 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

I think more scenes with Michael would be good. It surprises me (and doesn't) that they haven't interacted more after Morgan's death.

They always shortchange us on followthrough.

• Love 3

I assume Claudette and Nathan still being married is the contrivance to reignite the hunt for Claudette/let Frank bring back Bree, who I guess probably has some other piece of the Valentin puzzle, like anyone cares.

• Love 4
8 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

I think more scenes with Michael would be good. It surprises me (and doesn't) that they haven't interacted more after Morgan's death. But obvs this show is more interested in boring me with Michael and Nelle.

I think they're targeting more people than you this time girl.

3 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Sonny is still being a martyr about his house arrest. Invite people over for New Year's Eve. You can do that, you idiot.

But then he wouldn't be able to wring pity from Carly!

• Love 4

I know she's grieving Morgan and Sonny is playing on that, but I wish Carly would snap back a bit when Sonny goes all poor-me with the house arrest. He acts as if he can have only limited visitors for short amounts of time. It's so annoying.

• Love 5
13 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I don't think he's technically a groomsman, seeing as he's giving away the bride, but if it means we see more of him, I don't care.

Of course he is. And LOL at this being the big roadblock along with Maxie taking nighttime cold medicine. This show can't think of anything original, ever.

Why do I think the pill Nelle took wasn't for high blood pressure but was a mood stabilizer instead?

They always shortchange us on followthrough.

Depending upon the circumstances, I don't see him still being married to an ex as a roadblock. I mean, just call the magical Diane Miller and voila! The mystery here is Nathan receiving and seemingly accepting strange phone calls from what sounds like anybody, and just seeming to accept it for what it is. That's potentially the roadblock. Again, is Nathan going to even bother checking this out? And given the timing, I do wonder where Spinelli fits into this since I assume we'll be seeing him very soon.

Edited by Syndicate
19 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

There'd be no dramatic reason for Nathan to find out he's still married at any other time. It's an uncreative way to stall the wedding no matter what.

I disagree! It would've been quite dramatic to find out they were married when Claudette first arrived and the shit was hitting the fan with both Griffin and Charlotte involved. In other news, Nelle is officially Carly's brat, YES?

Edited by Syndicate
2 hours ago, HeatLifer said:

LMAO @ Dante on the ground when Robin walked in. Excuse me while I plot this fanfic in my head.

I, of course, thought of you at that moment!

1 hour ago, ulkis said:

The only thing I would have changed is Dante losing the rings should have been a prank on good ol' Tree. 

I really thought that's what it was gonna be. That would've been so much better.

Not gonna lie, I actually really enjoyed this episode. The wedding stuff entertained me. Sure it was dumb, cheesy, and cheap, but it worked for me. Plus, Nina and Robin looked fabulous. As did Dante and Mac. Hell KS looked the best she's looked since she came back. Poor ER though. Lulu's dress is so hideous.

Michael/Nelle is so boring, I can't. Nelle in general is just SO boring. Where is this motherfucking going?! I don't care anymore get it the fuck over with already! That being said, I'm with @TeeVee329 on being excited for Bobbie to read Nelle for filth tomorrow.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, Syndicate said:

Gee! So some random caller calls Nathan to tell him he's still married to Claudette just as he's ready to marry Maxie? That's not the worst of it IMO. What I want to know is who does that just so conveniently? And once again, Nathan seems to be buying something without question. Is he even going to have this checked out and verified?

Well, Tree is a lead detective for the PCPD. Who can NEVER successfully imprison and get a conviction on the guilty party. Besides Sonny's month long prison stint. 

2 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Today's already forgotten* because, oh man, am I looking forward to Bobbie reading Nelle like a cheap paperback novel tomorrow.

* Except to note Lucas' absence from his cousin Maxie's wedding when we JUST.  SAW.  HIM.

Really, show?  Lucas can't garner an invite to HIS OWN COUSIN'S WEDDING? Bah!

1 hour ago, ulkis said:

Oh, also: Maxie overdosing on cold medication: Brydog shout-out?

Hee. I was wondering if the show was going to threaten to remember the fact that Maxie has a heart transplant. Meaning that she has a list of meds she has to take daily. Which could easily interfere with the OTC junk meds. Leading to medical problems. Which might upset Mac and Felicia. Oh, and her Aunt Bobbie and cousin Lucas. Because her heart came from BJ Jones!

Fuck off show! And shut the fuck up Lulu.

This shit is going to end with Nina marrying Valentin, isn't it? Giving Valentin access to Nina's fortune. Useful for the supposedly broke Cassadine family head. And then Valentin can throw Lulu into crazy town by proving that Charlotte isn't her biological child anyway. It was all a ruse to get Nina's money. Claudette is Charlotte's mother.

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, stlbf said:

Really, show?  Lucas can't garner an invite to HIS OWN COUSIN'S WEDDING? Bah!

Well, Maxie's own daughter didn't get an invite so it doesn't shock me. Unless someone mentioned she had a cold too or something.

• Love 3
20 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

And they always seem to only care about pairings. GH continues to be a very pairing-centric show.

Yes and no. For their pets they don't exclusively focus on pairings. Kiki gets scenes with her mom, her pointless sociopathic murder friend Franco, zzz musings about how she wants a career. Franco gets monologues with his Obrecht, his cat, his dog, the body of the barber in his truck (because the only answer to Franco's hair is he must have killed his barber), etc. 

If you're not Franco, Kiki, or Sonny, you get a friend and your pairing and that's it. 

2 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

Well, considering he also didn't garner an invite to HIS OWN SISTER'S wedding...

Are we sure Lucas isn't just RSVPing no to these things?

• Love 11
1 minute ago, ulkis said:

Yes and no. For their pets they don't exclusively focus on pairings. Kiki gets scenes with her mom, her pointless sociopathic murder friend Franco, zzz musings about how she wants a career. Franco gets monologues with his Obrecht, his cat, his dog, the body of the barber in his truck (because the only answer to Franco's hair is he must have killed his barber), etc. 

If you're not Franco, Kiki, or Sonny, you get a friend and your pairing and that's it. 

And sometimes you just get either or. Before the baby shower when was the last time Sam and Maxie shared a scene or the show remembered they were friends? Does Elizabeth have friends that aren't dead? Does Kevin have friends or is he solely here to deal with his girlfriend's messed-up family?

• Love 5
25 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Well, yeah. For a FEW characters like the ones you mentioned, they aren't exclusively about a pairing. For the rest? It is about a pairing. So my point still stands. :P 

Edited by HeatLifer
  • Love 1

I laughed when Lulu started in on Nina about attending the wedding with Valentin (news flash, Lulu: It's not your party, so you have no say over the guest list), and then when Maxie saw Nina, she shrieked and gave her a big hug. Heh.

• Love 8
35 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

Well, considering he also didn't garner an invite to HIS OWN SISTER'S wedding...

Meh. He also didn't grow up with Sam as a sibling. Jason's own family didn't go the wedding in the home of his brother's convicted murderer.  Lucas did grow up with Maxie, BJ and Georgie.

Wait, was Bobbie going? Watched half asleep. 

• Love 1
11 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I laughed when Lulu started in on Nina about attending the wedding with Valentin (news flash, Lulu: It's not your party, so you have no say over the guest list), and then when Maxie saw Nina, she shrieked and gave her a big hug. Heh.

That was hilarious.

Lulu is so unhinged, but I liked ER's acting today. It felt less petulant crazy and more badass crazy.

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, stlbf said:

Meh. He also didn't grow up with Sam as a sibling. Jason's own family didn't go the wedding in the home of his brother's convicted murderer.  Lucas did grow up with Maxie, BJ and Georgie.

Wait, was Bobbie going? Watched half asleep. 

oh man, I thought LexieLily was talking about carly as Lucas' sister - I assumed they were talking about S&C wedding part 1000.  But actually Lucas was there, right?

42 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Well, Maxie's own daughter didn't get an invite so it doesn't shock me. Unless someone mentioned she had a cold too or something.

True, but since when has Maxie ever really cared about Toddler Georgie?  She could've easily moved to Washington state/west coast to be closer to her kid. But nope. She is happy with Skype visits and letting Spinelli and Ellie raise the kid with her minimal involvement. I'm in shock that the writers just hasn't sent Mac and Felicia out west to be closer to Georgie. Since they had her most of the time in her last visit. Lord knows the show doesn't give a shit about showing  Mac and Felicia outside of biannual visits it seems.

56 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

Michael/Nelle is so boring, I can't. Nelle in general is just SO boring. 

Nelle's voice is perfect if you want to ask someone, "would you like to play parcheeeeseeee". Just think of it! 

• Love 2
1 minute ago, ulkis said:

oh man, I thought LexieLily was talking about carly as Lucas' sister - I assumed they were talking about S&C wedding part 1000.  But actually Lucas was there, right?

Wait, did Lucas get an invite to either dumb half sisters' weddings?

• Love 1
14 minutes ago, ulkis said:

I'm not sure. The poor man doesn't seem to show for family events lately. After being shot while at Julian's table, I can't really blame him. 

PoorLucas. Related to half of PC and he still can't get an invite to a family function.  

Edited by stlbf
  • Love 3
16 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Lucas was at Sonny and Carly's stupid hospital wedding last year, and said something to Carly about their relationship was something he and Brad should aspire to, BAAAARRRRFFFF.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 6
26 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

Lulu is so unhinged, but I liked ER's acting today. It felt less petulant crazy and more badass crazy.

Badass crazy is how Lulu should be. She's still unreasonably possessive of a girl who doesn't know she's her mother, but at least she dialed back the crazy eyes when hissing at Nina about Charlotte.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, ulkis said:

Are we sure Lucas isn't just RSVPing no to these things?

In that town, RSVPing no to any gathering is the smart call.  When you know the chances are better than 50/50 that something will go down whenever more than a handful of PC residents gather to celebrate anything, why risk the gunshot/stabbing/poisoning/listening to Sonny rant about the unfairness of suffering for his shitty life choices/getting too close to Franco's shitastic hair/etc?  

• Love 9

Except to note Lucas' absence from his cousin Maxie's wedding when we JUST.  SAW.  HIM.

Sam asked Lucas if he had NYE plans and he said he was working.  Apparently he works 24/7/365, since we never see him.  

I wish my cold medication worked as fast and as strong as Maxie's.  

Loved the Nathan/Dante/Mac lightness which looked very loose and fun.  

Loved Felicia's dress and found it interesting that they looked like they were trying to hide KMc' pregnancy, but not so much ER's.  

If the baby rattle was Carly's and Nelle has it , is it possible that Carly is Nelle's half sister somehow, rather than her daughter?  Like,  Carly's dad was Corbin Bernsen, so he's also Nelle's dad, but for whatever reason she was given to whoever and grew up poor whereas Carly grew up less poor and is now rich.  

I'm just trying to find a way for Nelle to be pissed at Carly without her being Michael's sister.  

• Love 7