Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E04: Batch 47

Oh swell! I just happen to have a garden weasel in the shed ready to go!

Doc had some good lines this episode -- the Garden Weasel one was pretty good, but I liked when the group entered the Batch 47 greenhouse and Doc exclaimed that it was "like a Giant Shop of Horrors".  So which plant was Audrey II ?? 

Citizen Z's contribution to this episode was ..... weird.  And why were there still zombies on the base ?  I thought he killed them all.  And why doesn't the dog have a name yet ?

I like that zombie baby momma has caught up with the group.  And I like seeing Murphy uncomfortable -- I was waiting him to ask if it was his.

• Love 2

What would we call that greenhouse zombie ? Ent zombie or zombie ent ?

That drug gang is the worst, you'd think they'd want to increase their customer base by helping to find a cure and selling it to the highest bidder. Honestly with the current death rate of this show, it's hard to imagine that their customer base wouldn't be shrinking rapidly every day.

What happened to that guy in red from the last episode? Did Cassandra or Murphy eat him ?

• Love 3
(edited)

Cassandra was wearing his jacket, so I imagine nothing good. Probably eaten.  

That did seem kind of weird to introduce him as the only survivor of the convoy last episode -- and then kill him off off-screen.  I knew he wouldn't last, but that is pretty ridiculous.

I'm still curious how both groups both found the agro-lab in the first place.  No one, not even Wrecking Ball, knew where the lab specifically was just that it was in Minneapolis.  I'm also curious how those plants and zombie-plants survived multiple winters in Minnesota -- with no working power until the new guy in charge (Odegard) stumbled upon it.  I thought the actor playing Odegard looked familiar -- he was in 'Inception' and 'Avatar'.

I get that Zombie Mommy was able to find Murphy based on the directional help of her unborn Zombie-ish child, but how did the Doctor find them from Fort Collins.  Last we saw he was climbing into a fridge to dodge the nuclear blast.

ETA:  I just don't buy a bunch of narco traffickers driving all over the country selling Z-weed.  The convoy from last episode was coming from Seattle and Wrecking Ball had to have had some for a while let alone know the guy in Minneapolis, so that means the narcos were distributing far and wide.  How did they find out about the Z-weed in order to even distribute it in the first place ?

Or why the sharp dressed man (whose name is Hector Alvarez or 'Scorpion') was all by himself in Fort Collins but now travels with a bunch of skeleton-masked henchmen ?  And the Z tattoo stands for the Zairos (sp?) cartel ?

Citizen Z needs to check his coordinates for the CDC -- as the numbers on his pad of 34.03N, 118.61W put it in the ocean off the coast of Malibu.  Is it an underwater lab ?  Even weirder -- the longitude value that Citizen Z read to Addie was 118.9W even though it was right in front of him on the pad.

What was with all the filler wasted on that woman and her not!child -- if they were just going to leave them there to die.

Seriously, the travel shenanigans in this show are putting 'Revolution' to shame -- and they basically walked everywhere in that show.

I still don't understand how everyone seems to know about where the areas contaminated with radioactive fallout are located.

Edited by ottoDbusdriver
  • Love 2

I loved this episode.  Yes, much of it was confusing as hell, but I loved it anyway.  I don't always need to figure things out and things don't necessarily have to make sense if I like the characters.  I thought it was much better than last week's.

Doc's one-liners are killing me.  Please, show, don't kill him off. 

Speaking of killing off, I'm assuming that Stoner Guy got killed and that's too bad.

Vasquez is interesting in that I still haven't figured out if I like him or not.  Neither has Roberta.

Speaking of Roberta, at least her actress boobs got a rest this week because she wasn't running too much. 

• Love 4

What was with all the filler wasted on that woman and her not!child -- if they were just going to leave them there to die.

They left the dying child chewing leaves from batch 47. I think she's going to turn without dying.

I didn't recognize Dr. Kurian until Murphy called him by name. But I liked the jokes about his ear looking like Elvis or pork rinds. I liked the concept of the giant shop of horrors—and the execution.

I like this show. It's fun.

The EntZ were a bit silly, but that part worked  somehow. And I liked that Serena found Murphy; can't wait to see what happens now. Will  the baby look like a zombie? What will happen to Cassandra?

I like the actor who plays Álvarez. 

I think we'll see that woman and the little girl again. I mean, I want to know if it  worked. 

Cassandra was wearing his jacket, so I imagine nothing good. Probably eaten.  

That did seem kind of weird to introduce him as the only survivor of the convoy last episode -- and then kill him off off-screen.  I knew he wouldn't last, but that is pretty ridiculous.

Speaking of killing off, I'm assuming that Stoner Guy got killed and that's too bad.

I was wondering what happened to that goofy Wrecking Ball because I was looking forward to him being a part of the posse.

They left the dying child chewing leaves from batch 47. I think she's going to turn without dying.

That's what happened to that henchman, isn't it?  He was walking by that large exhaust fan when it expelled a bunch of hybrid plant/zombie material and he turned without dying first.

• Love 1

Well, that was all kinds of dumb, and I found myself growing restless with how...silly..this show is getting.  Like, maybe they only had a coherent storyline for the first season, and now they're just kinda making it up as they go.  But then that zombie head croaked out, "Braaaaains!" and I couldn't stop laughing.  So I will continue to hang in there. 

I'm concerned about how convoluted the plot is getting, what with drug cartels and factions and evil scientists and such.  But next week looks promising with Baby Mama on board. 

That drug gang is the worst, you'd think they'd want to increase their customer base by helping to find a cure and selling it to the highest bidder. Honestly with the current death rate of this show, it's hard to imagine that their customer base wouldn't be shrinking rapidly every day.

Right?  Every single survivor is a customer for a cure, including themselves.  And they could keep on selling Z weed anyway.  But maybe this group would rather reign over the chaos than have society get back on any kind of normal track.

I just caught up with this episode.  Even the mess that it was, with characters disappearing and giant plant zombie guy and drug cartels, it was still more entertaining and made more sense than Fear the Walking Dead.  

I thought maybe giant plant zombie guy was the cure, like, he would bite you and maybe you'd turn a bit green, but not into a zombie.  

Oh, well. 

• Love 5

Or why the sharp dressed man (whose name is Hector Alvarez or 'Scorpion') was all by himself in Fort Collins but now travels with a bunch of skeleton-masked henchmen ?  And the Z tattoo stands for the Zairos (sp?) cartel ?

He had a crew with him in that episode as well.  They were the first killed when all the shooting started.

Plant Zombies! Weed cures! I love how ridiculous this show is and how much fun everyone involved seems to be having. 

I know it's super easy to see the characters' stupid choices from the safety of my couch and that if the zombie apocalypse actually happened, I would totally die on like day 4 (I'd only survive the first three days by hiding in my house but once I run out of food and have to leave, it would be all over for me.), but what is the logic behind sending the people into the greenhouse 2 at a time? Why not send everyone at once? Also, I don't understand Citizen Z's plan at all. If you're in a place with a finite number of zombies and you don't have to worry about new zombies showing up and you have proven that you are a terrible shot, why would you run around in wide open spaces? Why not set up a trap where the zombies get funneled to you but have to go single file like at the refinery last season?

• Love 2

Speaking of Roberta, at least her actress boobs got a rest this week because she wasn't running too much. 

A tremendous pity.

Hey, am I the only person who was thinking of Swamp Thing throughout this episode?

• Love 2

I liked the phyto-zombies much better than the blasters, and they actually made a bit more sense (at least the part about being interconnected and why bullets wouldn't kill them). I was also glad to see that they let Cassandra put on a regular jacket instead of the blood-covered hooker fur coat. Now if only they let her change the rest of her clothes.

Why couldn't they take the blond woman and child with them? Doesn't seem like the team even asked if they wanted to come.

Not thrilled about seeing the pregnant woman and zombie fetus again, but I knew they had to go there. I'm guessing it will be treated comedically when the baby is born, but who knows with this show.

The drug cartel seems like an unnecessary plot line, but I do wonder who La Reina is.

I’m watching this on Netflix, and the knitter/crocheter in me is dying because they totally have Addy wearing the Katniss Everdeen cowl under her sleeveless leather coat. I really want to know which pattern/maker they used because it looks like it has a hood and I have not seen a pattern like that.

Out of all the ridiculous things on this show, I want to know whose house they ranksacked for Addy to find that and even moreso, why no one is fighting with knitting needles. Lol.