Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E01: Can't Let Go

Juliette may be a stone cold bitch, but a lot of what she said was kind of real... like Rayna really did suck at running the label. As a label head its not your job to tell someone to take more maternity leave and slow their roll. ANNNNDD everything she said to layla was on point. 

Has anyone else in here received an invite to ABC's "advisory board" for Nashville?  ABC asked for me to rate the various storylines in the episode.  I wonder if they actually listen.  No more Layla please/

No sure haven't but I hope you join! Curious that they're doing this now. Seems like that horse has done left the barn.

• Love 3

The storylines I'd like to get rid of are Juliette angst and Deacon angst. If I could get rid of these, I'd happily live with 2 other Laylas. And maybe Will angst. Too bad we can't kill Maddie off. That would ensure we never get rid of Deacon angst. And I'd miss her singing. 

And it's not like happy Juliette is any less candid with her opinions. I am fairly certain that Juliette would have said every single thing she said to Rayna and Layla even had she been happy. Maybe  she wouldn't have been as brutal to Rayna, but that message would have gotten delivered. 

re; Rayna being a bad label-head, there is a lot to be said for organisations that look after you. Rayna said the vision of her company was one where artists were the focus, where they felt safe to create what they want to do that. I think H65 has succeeded as a label. And as Rayna does have the deep pockets to survive a long gestation period (presumably, due to Lamar), she should ideally get a lot of top artists wanting to join her because of her reputation of putting artists first. But i'm sure that's not where the show is going. 

• Love 1

I don't know if it's weirder that they actually tried to mask what they had done to organ donation or that they tried to blame it on menopause.

They didn't.  They very specifically blamed it on Beverly who didn't fully disclose her supplement/medicine consumption to the surgical team.

• Love 1
Maybe I'm reading into things too much because who knows if she's even seen Avery, let alone slept with him, in months.

Yeah, they did.  I remember something like a mile high sorta thing, or a stop the elevator quickie when she was doing those roof shows.

I love Scarlett and Gunnar and do not find their love story tedious.  I do find the interruptions to their love story tedious though.  I hope they send the doctor on his way soon.

I want S/G too, but the Doctor's so cute I hope there's a way of keeping him. Maybe he can be paired with Layla (that would be one good looking couple) or with Rayna's new artist, whoever he/she may be. 

I hope Daphne acts out some more given the circumstances she's in. You'd think there would be more discussion about her dad being in prison. It's only been a month.

By the time they acknowledged Teddy being in prison, I was wondering why they all seemed to be acting so normally. Last season I'd felt for Daphne who, though she loved Deacon, was being dragged along and expected to be as enthusiastic about Rayna dumping Luke for Deacon. Maddie has a father to spare, so to hell with Teddy. So I'm glad to see someone addressing the fact that though they are sisters, Daphne and Maddie have very different perspectives.

Was Steven Tyler copping a feel of Juliette during the duet? I thought I saw just a hint of annoyance from her at him regarding that.

I asked the Mr. during that scene "is his hand on her ass?" He was all "I'm trying to decide." If it wasn't, it was definitely in the neighborhood.

As for Bev, I had the Mr in stiches every time I said "now, now's a good time for her to die!"

I love Scarlett and Gunnar and do not find their love story tedious.  I do find the interruptions to their love story tedious though.  I hope they send the doctor on his way soon.

Yeah, who in the right mind would get together with any of them? You can see they're in love a mile away... Hayley had the right idea. "It's always going to be Scarlett."

If Bev didn't tell before the operation, and after is in a coma, how did they find out that she'd taken supplements?

I thought of that too! I guess they went through her purse and found the pills--or a note that said "we need to blame Bev's coma on something (not live organ donation)."

• Love 1