Type keyword(s) to search

NFL Thread

• Start Topic

I think my Fubo streaming is several minutes behind. Clock on the TV says 7:50 but Vikings play by play was in the 2+ minutes.

Vikings app says it's tied 36-36 but my TV says 36-21. ?

Edited by Lamb18

Holy fuck at that Colts/Vikings game!! Worst choke I’ve ever witnessed I believe, the Colts had absolutely no life whatsoever in the second half and the Vikings came roaring back to win it. I still don’t trust the Vikings but this was an impressive comeback, and a terrible job by the Colts, they shit the bed in epic fashion.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

There was a pool player named Efren Reyes who was nicknamed "The Magician" because of his ability to make shots that seemingly weren't there. His favorite bit was to call shots that were insanely hard instead of taking the obvious, much easier shot right in front of him. Does anyone know why I'm bringing this up now?

• LOL 2
6 minutes ago, twoods said:

Matt Ryan continues to be on the wrong side of  history. And that douchebag Cousins wins yet again.

When you have a 517-year old as a part of the plan, I can't say I like that!

• LOL 1
1 hour ago, mojoween said:

The Colts really had to just make one stop of the many they didn’t.  One.  

Just like Matt Ryan & the Falcons in that Super Bowl. Matt Ryan brought even more shame to himself & his career by another epic choking that just happened (losing after being up 33-0 at halftime). Now I have even more reasons to despise Matt Ryan. I'm still shocked as hell by what just happened today.

And I don't even know how Jeff Saturday can ever recover from that absolute epic failure. He cannot put on a happy face on this utter failure.

Edited by Magog
  • Sad 2
31 minutes ago, AimingforYoko said:

There was a pool player named Efren Reyes who was nicknamed "The Magician" because of his ability to make shots that seemingly weren't there. His favorite bit was to call shots that were insanely hard instead of taking the obvious, much easier shot right in front of him. Does anyone know why I'm bringing this up now?

I'm guessing two scenarios: 

1) Colts could have gone for a FG and punted instead, trusting they could get the ball back and win.

2) Vikings are really geniuses who chose to get down by 33 points so they could amaze everyone by coming back to win the game.

By the way I think I figured out why my streaming was so far behind the game in real time. I have it set so all Vikings games are automatically recorded, so when I turned the game on (about 5 minutes before noon) it started at the beginning of the recording instead of where the broadcast actually was. I was wondering why the game started so late, like 12:25,  instead right at noon.

I think the Browns/Ravens game so far is kind of the opposite of what we just watched.

Announcer says after the missed kick, Wow, is there a cat barking in the dog pound?

23 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:
24 minutes ago, AimingforYoko said:

I've seen three, I saw the Oilers 35-3 debacle.

I think that was the record holder up until now. 

(I've) Seen all three as well.  However, if you told me 2012 John Fox and 2014 Pete Carroll had people from 1992, 2016 and this year holding their beer AND wine, I'd believe it

Just when I thought the colts couldn't get any more pathetic they find away to top themselves 

Would have been a meaningless win anyway....on up the draft board. 

Still my god.  33 points. 

Has to be wholesale charges entire front office and coaching staff  this offseason. 

• Sad 3

With apologies to DrSpaceman73, I still have a giant grin since it's karma for Irsay for booting Reich with more ease than I booted a kickball during recess.

Maybe Frank wasn't the guy, but the man still had Indianapolis in the postseason after it fell apart with Pagano and Luck and some dude that replaced a HOF legend in Polian.  Jim, IMO, let his emotions get in the way following yet another loss in traditional fashion from New England.  Then you take one of ESPN's greatest instead of going with people on the staff.

TBF, Jim Irsay is not the worst owner, likely isn't even close.  However, the game of football is 60 minutes.  Who knows what's next for the Colts, but man, that was not good.  More surprising than Super Bowl 51!

Just now, mojoween said:

I hate the Ravens and would find it so easy to root for Cleveland except for one. small. thing.

Even without one small thing, I still hate the Browns.  My Baltimore hate is competitive.  Non-football related, I think I definitely do not have an issue with them, but that's just me

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Carey said:

With apologies to DrSpaceman73, I still have a giant grin since it's karma for Irsay for booting Reich with more ease than I booted a kickball during recess.

Maybe Frank wasn't the guy, but the man still had Indianapolis in the postseason after it fell apart with Pagano and Luck and some dude that replaced a HOF legend in Polian.  Jim, IMO, let his emotions get in the way following yet another loss in traditional fashion from New England.  Then you take one of ESPN's greatest instead of going with people on the staff.

TBF, Jim Irsay is not the worst owner, likely isn't even close.  However, the game of football is 60 minutes.  Who knows what's next for the Colts, but man, that was not good.  More surprising than Super Bowl 51!

Reich deserved to be fired. The team wasn't doing any different this year if Reich was Still coach. 

Reich blew two games last year the last two weeks to miss the playoffs then started off this year for half a season continuing to lose. 

The offensive line is a mess and that limotes the whole offense but Reich was not doing anything to help matters. 

The idea these losses are some sort of comeuppance for firing a mediocre coach is weak. 

5 minutes ago, DrSpaceman73 said:

Reich deserved to be fired. The team wasn't doing any different this year if Reich was Still coach. 

Reich blew two games last year the last two weeks to miss the playoffs then started off this year for half a season continuing to lose. 

The offensive line is a mess and that limotes the whole offense but Reich was not doing anything to help matters. 

The idea these losses are some sort of comeuppance for firing a mediocre coach is weak. 

Fair enough.  However, there was nothing stopping Reich from being fired at the end of the season.  I was actually surprised (not shocked) that he wasn't following their fall in Jacksonville.

Also, I have no idea why Chris Ballard is still employed.  That's more baffling than anything Irsay's done

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Carey said:

Fair enough.  However, there was nothing stopping Reich from being fired at the end of the season.  I was actually surprised (not shocked) that he wasn't following their fall in Jacksonville.

Also, I have no idea why Chris Ballard is still employed.  That's more baffling than anything Irsay's done

Normally don't fire gms mid season, though titans did it. and Ballard has been hit and miss.  He has made some good moves. But this offseason he blew it on qb and o line. 

But I have little doubt Ballard will be gone too after this year. 

Irsay does hold on to guys too long. Pagano and the prior gm should have been gone at least a year earlier. 

22 minutes ago, Xeliou66 said:

That game was dull as dirt. Ravens are shit without Lamar.

Shoulda opted for the CBS Sports Classic as well as some decent College Football action!

But you're totally correct, Xeliou.  There is a relation to that fact that will have me skipping tomorrow's game at Bank of America

Plus, there was so much today in the world of sports that I might not recover until Monday, and the Bills/Dolphins hasn't even begun yet!

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Lamb18 said:

I like all these snowballs when the Bills score.

Mike McDaniels doesn’t.  Waaaaaah.

Hey if the NFL wasn’t going to make the stadium clear the seats before the game, this is what they get.

• Like 2

I just don’t like the snowballs during the plays in the end zone. Wait until after the play is dead- I don’t want anyone to get hurt.

Allen is lucky Cooks caught that pass because there was no time left to attempt a field goal.

Edited by twoods
3 hours ago, DrSpaceman73 said:

I don't know if I feel like it's karma or if if it's schadenfreude but it's not simply because about firing "a mediocre coach."  It's about firing Reich and then hiring someone who had only taught high school.

I wish fans would keep their shirts on. Not interested in seeing a non-buff middle aged guy's belly button. Or anybody's belly button.

Can interference be called if a defender is hanging onto a running back's jersey as he carries the ball down the field?

• LOL 1