Type keyword(s) to search

NFL Thread

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, JTMacc99 said:

Sounds like Dallas lost Diggs to a serious knee injury today in practice. That's a rough one. CBs are not easy to replace.

This sucks.  I don't know for sure if Dallas was going to sweep the NFL year outright, but I would've preferred the Cowboys losing to teams like San Francisco and Philadelphia with Diggs.  Also, this is the second time in 10 days that people are getting robbed of a great matchup, including Diggs vs Diggs.  In addition, the man probably has hobbies outside of football that are now hindered due to an injury. In practice.

I mentioned San Francisco in the previous paragraph.  The TNF line has the 2022 NFC West Champions favored by 10.5 over New York.  While that's a lot, I'd still pick the Niners if they were favored by 21.  I though of going under 43.5, but the 49ers can hit the over themselves in case New York scores as many points as they did in Week One

1 hour ago, IntrovertRed said:

It ain't good, if true.

Almost forgot to mention, Peanut Tillman in the FBI, what?!

Unfortunately facts vs "reports" and social media speculation are all blended together in this story.

From what I can tell from actual reputable sources at this point is that Peanut Tillman is FBI these days, but had absolutely no involvement with anything going on here. The FBI did NOT conduct any raids at the Bears facilities. And it is possible/probable that the FBI did go to the Williams home. 

Information about why the FBI is involved doesn't seem to have any legitimate news. In addition to what people are speculating about on social media per that article, I've also heard somebody throw out drugs being involved. 

Nobody seems to have any real information. And I would venture a guess that if the FBI turned up something on coach Williams that was clearly a felony, the dude would have been arrested. 

• Useful 3
1 hour ago, JTMacc99 said:

Unfortunately facts vs "reports" and social media speculation are all blended together in this story.

Boy howdy.  As you said, the FBI does seem to have searched his home, but that's it -- everything else in there comes from social media posts of dubious veracity (not from any reputable journalist, or even anyone with a history of having accurate information).

• Like 2

The SportsCenter All Night guy said that San Francisco is really good at YAC - which he said was yards after contact.

But I always thought it was yards after catch?

If you catch the ball, run five yards, slip through a tackle and then run ten more yards, in his example your YAC would be ten.  But if it’s yards after catch, when you catch the ball and run fifteen yards, no matter how many guys are draped all over you, your YAC would be fifteen.

It’s too early to think about this.

Edited by mojoween
  • Like 1
  • Useful 1

I'm so done being a Browns fan.

It's taken me days to come to terms that they will NEVER get their crap together.

They blew the future away giving up all that for a rusted out alleged sex offender.   The best player on the team is done for the season.  The defense crumbled against Pissburgh.

I've decided to start rooting for the 49ers, because I like Brock Purdy and the Buccaneers,  because Baker - even tho his last season with the Briwns was partially his fault for refusing to sit out and wait to heal.

• Like 1
  • Hugs 1
  • Sad 1

@mojoween whatever the definition of YAC is, the Niners are indeed very good at it. They get a lot of yards and first downs on plays where one would think it could have been stopped earlier. Last night the Giants came after them with a ton of blitzes and Purdy got rid of the ball really quickly. I think I read it was the shortest average time to release the pass in his career. And then all of those really good skill players on that team just tear up the field for extra yards. 

I'm sure some team has the solution for dealing with it.

• Sad 1

I imagine teams will figure things out as it relates to the San Francisco Niners.  The Eagles were able to in a big way last season.  I don’t think that’ll take place the season despite the fact that the game is at Lincoln Financial Field.  But it’s possible.  The 2022 NFC West champions are not playing their best football, but neither is Philadelphia.  Such a long season ahead, and it only takes a second for someone’s status to change, and that’s enough to alter the NFL outcome as a whole.

Either way, the 2022 NFC Champions aren’t the same right now.  That’ll happen when you lose both coordinators and have a first place schedule.  In addition, games against the AFC East isn’t pretty.  Finally a date at Arrowhead!  FWIW, the 49ers aren’t as dynamic as last year but it’s close.  To explain, the Steelers are the first team to win a football game that followed a game against the Niners.  Since the “Purdy Era” began, nobody, including Philly, won their next game after facing SF.  Pittsburgh broke that streak.

Actually, Dallas did it first, but their game at Levi Stadium was about 8 months prior to their shutout win against the Giants.

Speaking of the Cowboys, I do wonder how far they’ll go.  They are leading in both scoring and scoring defense, which is an automatic first place spot in point differential.  Of course, San Francisco overtook them in scoring, but Dallas still has a game to play.  I think they’ll be able to regain that mark.  Scoring defense should hold.  BTW, the Niners are eleventh there, but not a big deal.  They were fourth before Thursday.  Finally, the Niners are second in PD; it’s a clear 2nd place spot with Buffalo at a distant third and Dallas with a clear lead.

Yeah that was unnecessary.  Though to be honest, I'll take that over that loser elsewhere that just had to produce, create, and send a post with 2 pictures of Nick Chubbs injuries (one each from college and this week).  At least the former was animated.  I'll probably forget in the future why I banned that person from my content but not reverse the decision after he wonders what he did wrong

On 9/20/2023 at 5:55 AM, mojoween said:

Anyone feel badly for the Browns because of the way DeShaun Watson is playing?  Anyone?

Lifelong Browns fan, I am one of the 80,000 who were actually in the stands for The Drive, I still have my ticket to prove it.  Nick Chubb has been a bright light for the team both on and off the field and I am very sad that his career may be over.

Since the moment they signed Watson, I have stopped paying attention to the Browns,  there are lines I cannot cross and his off-the-field behavior is well over that line.  The Haslams are terrible owners and many of the worst decisions the Browns have made over the past few years were due to their interference.  Johnny Manziel anyone?  They supposedly wanted Watson and insisted he be signed at any price.

Until Watson goes, I won't be able to care about my team, which really tees me off.

• Like 1
  • Hugs 2
  • Sad 1
  • Applause 2
2 hours ago, Carey said:

I'll probably forget in the future why I banned that person from my content but not reverse the decision after he wonders what he did wrong

Years ago when the internet first became something regular people could access a friend told me her husband had been online and came in the room to show her Chris Farley's autopsy he had printed out.  Like why?  I don't understand people's fascination with things like that.

3 hours ago, Notabug said:

Lifelong Browns fan, I am one of the 80,000 who were actually in the stands for The Drive, I still have my ticket to prove it.  Nick Chubb has been a bright light for the team both on and off the field and I am very sad that his career may be over.

Since the moment they signed Watson, I have stopped paying attention to the Browns,  there are lines I cannot cross and his off-the-field behavior is well over that line.  The Haslams are terrible owners and many of the worst decisions the Browns have made over the past few years were due to their interference.  Johnny Manziel anyone?  They supposedly wanted Watson and insisted he be signed at any price.

Until Watson goes, I won't be able to care about my team, which really tees me off.

You could join me on the dark side and root for the Cowboys, @Notabug. Muahahahahaha! 🤣

• Mind Blown 1
On 9/22/2023 at 6:50 AM, roamyn said:

I'm so done being a Browns fan.

It's taken me days to come to terms that they will NEVER get their crap together.

I've decided to start rooting for the 49ers, because I like Brock Purdy and the Buccaneers,  because Baker - even tho his last season with the Briwns was partially his fault for refusing to sit out and wait to heal.

If the New Orleans Saints can somehow win a Super Bowl (2009) with their constant history of incompetence before Drew Brees came along, then surely there has to be some hope for the Browns. Even though DeShawn Watson sucks & is pretty much not giving the Browns their moneys worth so far, the Browns day is coming. If the Cleveland Cavaliers can win a Championship with their just as sad history like the Browns & the city of Cleveland sports teams in general since 1964, then there is hope for the Browns. 

Besides, it could be a lot worse. You can be rooting for such teams like the Jets, those choking Falcons, Lions, Vikings, Bears, Dolphins, Raiders, or those scummy Chargers.

BTW, there is no way in hell that I will ever root for the Bucs & you can thank Tom Brady for that. 

Poor Nick Chubb. My heart really goes out to him. 

Now, its time for Jerome Ford to provide them that spark. Maybe, he will make DeShawn Watson suck less with his running.

Edited by Magog
  • Like 1
On 9/22/2023 at 6:50 AM, roamyn said:

Baker's been a pleasant surprise, at least to this Bucs fan -- although time has taught me to be prepared for a team implosion at any time. Living through The Jameis Winston Experience will do that to a girl. 

Regardless, welcome to the Bucs Fanwagon. Glad to have you.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Salacious Kitty said:
6 hours ago, mojoween said:

Well, they have a point. 

And I say that as a hater of the Niners.

They might have a point, but just not to the primary person.  If San Francisco is going to talk trash to someone, they might want to do that to the Giants PTB.  I'll bet the Daniel Jones didn't make the final call to pay Daniel Jones a lot of money

• Like 1

I know who Usher is.  I know that Usher sings songs.  I could not name one of those songs if you handed me a list of songs and every song on it was one of his.

However.  I know that I am an anomaly, and there will be PLENTY of people happy to listen to Usher at halftime of the Super Bowl.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1
  • LOL 1

It's too bad CBS was unable to get Taylor for the halftime show.  Unless Dallas wins its conference that was the best chance to regain the TV viewership record they held for over 30 years & one they haven't even regained in over a decade.

To add insult to injury, by the time Swift is available it'll be just in time to agree to a performance for yet another FOX Superbowl

1 hour ago, mojoween said:

I know who Usher is.  I know that Usher sings songs.  I could not name one of those songs if you handed me a list of songs and every song on it was one of his.

However.  I know that I am an anomaly, and there will be PLENTY of people happy to listen to Usher at halftime of the Super Bowl.

😒

I'm not going to be one of them. I can't stand Usher & I find him to be very revolting. He's basically like the pop music version of John Legend (another scumbag). BTW, Usher also discovered Justin Bieber & help make him a superstar, so there's another reason for me to despise Usher. 

BTW, here are couple of songs from Usher.

Usher with Lil Jon & Ludacris - Yeah!

Usher with Lil Jon & East Side Boyz- Lovers & Friends

Usher - Confessions Part 2

Usher - Burn

As for today's games, all I know is that the sucky scummy Chargers will find a way to make Kirk Cousins look good today. 

It's too bad CBS was unable to get Taylor for the halftime show.  Unless Dallas wins its conference that was the best chance to regain the TV viewership record they held for over 30 years & one they haven't even regained in over a decade.

I don't want the Dallas Cowboys anywhere near a Super Bowl. It will be downright torture & absolutely vomit-inducing having to tolerate Jerry Jones, his stupid son Stephen Jones, & their Dallas Cowboys playing in the Super Bowl. The Super Bowl doesn't care if the Cowboys are there or not. They can have the Lions - Browns in the Super Bowl (much more tolerable & fun to watch than the Cowboys) & it'll still get very very high ratings.

BTW, having Taylor Swift performing in the Super Bowl will be the complete opposite of fun to me.

Edited by Magog
33 minutes ago, Magog said:

BTW, having Taylor Swift performing in the Super Bowl will be the complete opposite of fun to me.

Just wait until the Academy Awards.  If procrastination is not a popular thing, there's no sense in delay her receipt of the Oscar 5 months in advance.

If I make the trip to New Orleans, I probably will not have the choice for the following, but I'll be too busy with something else at a Super Bowl 59 party where we have the option to change the channel.  The party I'd be at would not change it however; that's fine.  I hardly remember the halftime shows or the commercials these days anyway.

To be fair, I've often said, "I hardly think that someone is supposed to suck on purpose.  Whether someone is overrated or not, what's the point in doing something (singing, playing or coaching a sport, acting, etc) if you're going to fail at it to make your haters and others happy."

I don't think you have to worry too much about Dallas making it to Las Vegas.  Unless San Francisco gets banged up, but even then they still have to worry about not only Philadelphia, but Washington too.  Then there are the Rams.

Week 3 Picks: New England, Miami, Washington, Cleveland, Baltimore, Seattle, Detroit, New Orleans, Minnesota, Jacksonville, Kansas City, Dallas, Las Vegas, Tampa Bay, Los Angeles

ATS: New England, Baltimore, Kansas City, Pittsburgh, Tampa, Rams
O/U: Under for Pats, Chiefs, Steelers AND Over for Ravens, Bucs, and Rams Games

3 hours ago, Magog said:

My 12 year old daughter has turned into a huge Swiftie. It's her main obsession. Not just the music but delving into podcasts breaking down her every movement. Thus I get my fill of Swift's music. And I'm here to say that...  it's fine. Solid B+ pop music and evidently good showmanship. Looking back on my musical tastes of the same age, it could be far, far worse. 

It's looking like Belichick has broken another Jets QB mentally. They kind of have to sign someone as I can't imagine watching the Zach Wilson show again all season if I were a Jets fan. Ryan, Wentz, you...  

Couple thoughts: The Dolphins/Bills game next week is setting up to be the game of the week.  I have always liked the Bills but don't care for Josh Allen

It looks like the Jets are going to lose again to the Patriots.  That will mark a now 15 game losing streak against them.  Case Keenum I think would be a good fit for the Jets presently 

I think it's fair to assume that someone might think that there is a RedZone spinoff starring the Miami Dolphins that aired in lieu of the normal RedZone content today

1 minute ago, twoods said:

Can they fire the Chargers coach already? 

At least he actually tried against this team that might be on the receiving end of this route if they face San Francisco

19 minutes ago, mojoween said:

My ESPN alert said this is the fourth 70-point game in NFL history.  I’m thinking the other three were pre-Super Bowl era.

The most recent one prior to this afternoon was in the first year of this current Super Bowl Era, I believe.  Sometime in November 1966 at the expense of Washington (same franchise that was the victim of a 73-0 score albeit in that era's postseason)

Edited by Carey
  • Useful 1

Ravens lose to colts!  In overtime. 

Crazy game....Like 4 times I thought it was over colts lost.  

Minshew pulls an orlovsky safety

Tucker misses a fg to win leaves it short 61 yards

Ravens had another chance at a 60 yarder to win and decide to punt

4 50+ yard fgs and 5 total by matt gay of the colts. 

Crazy 4th quarter and ot

• Sad 2
24 minutes ago, Carey said:

The most recent one prior to this afternoon was in the first year of this current Super Bowl Era, I believe.  Sometime in December 1966 at the expense of Washington

One of them was nfl championship in 1940. Bears over washinto . 73 0

They ran out of footballs and were forces to go for two rather than kick extra points at the end.  11 TDs

Rumors are the wash threw the game ....I think as a Washington fan I'd prefer that version to just being so bad to lose 73 0.  Maybe they started the rumor

10 minutes ago, Fukui San said:

Zack Wilson seems to have progressed to being a simply terrible QB from being the worst starting QB of the modern era. 

But like jif still preferred by choosy mothers. 

Edited by DrSpaceman73
1 hour ago, AimingforYoko said:

While it looks like Tua and the Dolphins are legit, they are also one hard hit away from their season imploding like last year.

Meanwhile Denver and Russ look completely lost.

Life long Dolphins fan. The two big things that have changed from last year is the running game and especially the play of the O-Line. They have allowed Tua to be sacked once and hit 5 times in 3 games.

• Useful 1