Type keyword(s) to search

Watch A Preview Of Kris Jenner's First Meeting With Caitlyn In Sunday's I Am Cait

Primetimer

Things start cordially enough, but honestly, that kind of just presages fireworks to come. I mean, for starters, who's going to comment on how they're dressed like twinsies?

Ha, I thought this meant Kim & Cait actually went through with their "who wore it better" prank.

Liked that Kris's first reaction was "nice shoes." Did not like Cait pointing at the couch.

Edited by editorgrrl
  • Love 2

Ha, I thought this meant Kim & Cait actually went through with their "who wore it better" prank.

Liked that Kris's first reaction was "nice shoes." Did not like Cait pointing at the couch.

Interestingly, as a husband Caitlyn was kind of milquetoast, now, on I guess what she considers her turf, if becomes a meeting between two Alpha females.

• Love 3

If students of body posture and what a person's body posture means saw this clip they'd probably remark that Caitlyn seemed to have a little attitude right away towards Kris. When Kris got there and said "where do you want to go?", Caitlyn said definitively "sit down here". Usually a host will say 'do you want to sit in the kitchen or would the living room be more comfortable for you?'. Caitlyn didn't give any options. Once they got in the living room, Caitlyn gave silent direction to Kris by just pointing to the couch for her to sit. Caitlyn sat very upright across from her, her chin held forward with wide open unblinking eyes that stared straight into Kris's face. Caitlyn's arms were spread open and propped up on a pillow and her legs were crossed. Kris was sitting at the edge of the couch leaning forward in a body position that says 'okay, I'm here and I'm listening'.  Then Cait says "so?".

Inevitably, Kris will cry and complain that Caitlyn is selfish and not being more sensitive to the girls.. Caitlyn will refute that vigorously and explain to Kris how she gave up her lifelong dream for her family and that she's finally happy being who she was born to be, and yadda yadda yadda. Caitlyn looked like a warrior with a few weapons at the ready.

• Love 3

Cait has the advantage IMO. She's lived and dealt with Kris for nearly 25yrs, she knows her, she knows how she thinks and how she tries to get her way. Kris has never met

Cait and despite her business woman skills, she's in unchartered waters dealing with Cait.

Edited by iwasish
  • Love 4

It's pathetic that this is being billed as a thing.  And everybody's playing into it, like it should be hosted by Vince McMahon.

They should both rot in hell for being awful people.

True. What if it was hosted by Vincent Price (who is actually dead)? Or by Vincent Furnier (aka Alice Cooper)? All of those Vinces really emphasize how this is all for show.

When Kris got there and said "where do you want to go?", Caitlyn said definitively "sit down here". Usually a host will say 'do you want to sit in the kitchen or would the living room be more comfortable for you?'. Caitlyn didn't give any options. Once they got in the living room, Caitlyn gave silent direction to Kris by just pointing to the couch for her to sit.

Wouldn't that have more to do with the staging of the show?

Cait has the advantage IMO. She's lived and dealt with Kris for nearly 25yrs, she knows her, she knows how she thinks and how she tries to get her way. Kris has never met

Cait and despite her business woman skills, she's in unchartered waters dealing with Cait.

This is the same person. Why are acting like it's not?

Not saying that if this meeting is for real (vs. scripted, which... come on... it probably was) that Kris might not be thrown for a loop by the whole package (there is no universe where she hadn't seen/been aware of many parts of it though). Or that again, if this was real, that Caitlyn might not have more confidence, assertiveness or anger. But the trained responses should mostly be the same on Caitlyn's part.  Unless we're thinking the hormones change THAT much.

Probably (again if this is real) Kris might also be thrown off by sitting there staring at those huge D cups as well (or are they Double D? It really seems to vary by photo and how pushed up they are--Vanity Fair cover=D, images like this = DD).  That's got to be a bit overwhelming.

Edited by Kromm

Cait has always hated being called on her failings. She has a mindset that if she acknowledges and apologizes for any trespass she commits that all should be forgiven.

Kris is no prize, but Caitlyn's expectation of absolute complete acceptance immediately is unreasonable. I agree with Kim in that she was unfair to Kris in commenting on whether the marriage would have survived if Kris had gone along. But I think Kris is equally wrong for carrying on so dramatically over a marriage that was clearly over long ago, and from which both sides have moved on.

If she didn't agree with Cait, she could have issued a simple statement that said as much.

Cait wanted to control the meeting, something she rarely was able to do when together, so she took the lead from the start.

Kris came across accepting, but I don't think she's really on board.

Edited by iwasish
  • Love 2

It's pathetic that this is being billed as a thing.  And everybody's playing into it, like it should be hosted by Vince McMahon.

It's pathetic it's on TV but I doubt Kris (or Caityn for that matter) would agree to be in the same room unless they was money to made from it.  And but as long as it is on TV I'll be watching. 

• Love 1

Was Caitlyn really a just milquetoast before or was that just how the KUWTK was scripted and edited? She was playing "a part" after all, of the long-suffering husband, which if we are to believe now was a lie - she was inwardly chafing and wishing to present herself to the world as a woman - then the long-suffering husband wasn't real, either. 

Maybe this is her inner bitch surfacing. It was there all along, they just didn't show it. 

So many layers to reveal, so little time (seriously, when do we get to the ESPYs and I get my Sunday nights back?) 

• Love 2
These two need to kiss and make up. Preferably in front of cameras.

LOL!  I truly think Kris is such a big famewhore/pimp that she would totally be game if it was on her show instead of Caitlyn's show. 

Can a more loyal KUWTK viewer than I am please tell me who left whom in that marriage?  I always thought Kris dumped Cait but I just realized I don't really know. 

Edited by Cosmocrush
  • Love 2

I'll accept that the choice to sit in the living room was made by production.  I figure that Kris expected to be told where they would be sitting rather than being given a choice.  However, Caitlyn was really rude in the way she directed her to the living room couch.  Then again, I have not exactly been impressed with Caitlyn's manners throughout this show.  

Millennium, it's comments like this that make me love you!  

• Love 4

I had recorded the episode but after reading it was a teaser I deleted without watching!  Thx!

I do have to say how much the camera pans Cait's nails....the constant hair flipping of all the ladies is predictable and I wish Cait didn't feel she had to try so damned hard to be feminine.  I am not a Jen fan at all, she has that obnoxious know it all air about her.

• Love 1

Inevitably, Kris will cry and complain that Caitlyn is selfish and not being more sensitive to the girls.. Caitlyn will refute that vigorously and explain to Kris how she gave up her lifelong dream for her family and that she's finally happy being who she was born to be, and yadda yadda yadda. Caitlyn looked like a warrior with a few weapons at the ready.

Whoops, sorry I am new to this and meant to agree with this comment.

Kendall talked about renting a Malibu house snd moving out, cause Kim and Kanye and North were moving in while their place was remodeled and Kendall didn't want to deal with having a baby around and not being able to have friends over. Kris was making rules about noise and disturbing Kim and baby. But Kris didn't want Kendall to leave, then suddenly Kris decided it was a good idea to rent a house FOR HER HUBBY to move into temporarily.

It seemed like she rented, decorated and then announced that hubby was moving there. Her excuse was they needed space in the family home for Kim and family. That was how it was portrayed on the show and though I would think Kris and Cait discussed it, possibly it was a surprise to Cait. I do think Kris wanted Cait out, but wanted to fake it on the show as being happily married, happily living apart. I think Caits decision to transition pissed her off because it spoiled the happy family image she so carefully manufactured.

This whole scenario makes me question the real relationship they all had with Rob Sr. I think that's been spun for us too.

• Love 1

This whole scenario makes me question the real relationship they all had with Rob Sr. I think that's been spun for us too.

I have no reasons to believe otherwise.  The Dash stores are named after him.  Kourtney named her first born after him.  Kim and Khloe worked with.  Khloe went through a period of losing her hair when he died.  Kim had one of his shirts sewn into her wedding dress.  Rob lived with him at one point, went to USC business school, per his father's wishes.

Edited by ifoundit

Kendall talked about renting a Malibu house snd moving out, cause Kim and Kanye and North were moving in while their place was remodeled and Kendall didn't want to deal with having a baby around and not being able to have friends over. Kris was making rules about noise and disturbing Kim and baby. But Kris didn't want Kendall to leave, then suddenly Kris decided it was a good idea to rent a house FOR HER HUBBY to move into temporarily.

It seemed like she rented, decorated and then announced that hubby was moving there. Her excuse was they needed space in the family home for Kim and family. That was how it was portrayed on the show and though I would think Kris and Cait discussed it, possibly it was a surprise to Cait. I do think Kris wanted Cait out, but wanted to fake it on the show as being happily married, happily living apart. I think Caits decision to transition pissed her off because it spoiled the happy family image she so carefully manufactured.

Ah, thanks iwasish.   

I've heard Kris claim she didn't know anything about Caitlyn's gender identity situation prior to the announcement to transition (which was after the separation/divorce) and both Kris and Cait agree Cait didn't  decide to transition until she was living alone out in Malibu   so I wondered whose idea it was for Cait to leave.     But moving her old golden goose (Cait) out to move the current one (Kim) in makes sense for the Kris I know - even it was a mutual decision. 

Edited by Cosmocrush

Caitlyn's using the master bedroom furniture from Rob Sr. I don't think there's anything to spin regarding that relationship. Brody even praised Rob Sr as a parent.