Type keyword(s) to search

S27: Tiffany & Krista

• Start Topic

Hi.  We're best friends and former NFL cheerleaders.  We're also the first Hispanic women's team since TAR12's Marianna & Julia.

I'm kind of endeared to them knowing that one is in healthcare and the other works with kids.  I think they could be a very nice, fun team to watch.

• Love 2

Unless I'm mistaken, I think Krista is the first Staten Islander to run a "regular" race since Danielle & Danni in TAR9. Since she isn't seen dancing on a table and talking about how she's going to flirt to win, I'd say she made a good first impression. Here's hoping I can tell her apart from Tiffany.

• Love 2

We're also the first Hispanic women's team since TAR12's Marianna & Julia.

False, Krista's heritage is Italian.

Fun fact: on the show's official FB page, their (recently posted) profile got a little TLC from none other than TheRabbi - too bad for him that TARCON went extinct two years ago ~

• Love 2

I am a lifelong Jets fan, so I have to have some pre-race affection for them.  Plus, I was defending them when someone complained that the Race no longer casts "normal" people.  Granted, this season does have an awful lot of good-looking folks, but cheerleaders are normal people that try to make ends meet like the rest of us.  There was a lot of controversy in the last few years about how horribly paid some teams' cheerleaders are.

Have we met at a prior TARCon?  I'm generally terrible at matching screennames to faces.  But I agree that this would be a great season to revive TARCon, however faint the dream may be.

Au contraire, a stunt-casted pair like Ernest and Jin would make for better allies than the other East Coast team, superfans Justin and Diana. 

BTW, I first learned about TARCON while S23 was airing, and as a lurker at TwoP, my piqued interest led me to Lantern7's album where your bespectacled mug would later be a cause for deja-vu once #TeamCheerleaders appeared. 

I still don't know which cheerleader is which. While they were hopeless on the volleyball court, I'm glad they finished the puzzle ahead of the TMZ Girls. I think the record for futility for a Staten Islander on a reality show goes to JVJ in TAR11 and Nitro G in Who Wants To Be A Superhero?

Whew.  These girls had a pretty heavy set of bad breaks, all from cabs.  They were last to the helicopters because of one, after all, and were forced out of another cab far from where the Detour was.  But I give them props for staying as calm as they could (though I'm sure it wasn't easy to remain as such) when they realized they were in the back of the pack and finishing that Sidewalk Detour.  They definitely deserved to stay in it after that.

I like these girls and hope they can surprise everyone.  This first leg was a result of cabs, mostly, so hopefully, they can recover and stay in it for a while.

I still don't know which cheerleader is which. While they were hopeless on the volleyball court, I'm glad they finished the puzzle ahead of the TMZ Girls. I think the record for futility for a Staten Islander on a reality show goes to JVJ in TAR11 and Nitro G in Who Wants To Be A Superhero?

Tiffany is taller, while Krista is shorter.  That's . . . the best I can offer.

• Love 4

A much better leg run by them this week.  They seemed to struggle with the Detour and got snippy with each other for a moment, but Krista made up the time at the Roadblock and seemed to be one of the very few to finish it on her first try.

Excellent recovery after last week, and a well-deserved sixth-place finish.  I think I like them more of the two remaining women's teams.

• Love 1

Okay.  So these girls finished low again.  But I'm wondering if the constant confessionals seen from them even when they're not near the front are a sign of good things to come?  Tiffany, while frustrated, didn't lose her calm with that Roadblock.  And even though they were both left crestfallen with leaving behind their whip at the Detour decision point, they just buckled down and ran back to get it.  Good form, girls.  Good form.

That said, they need to pick it up.  I imagine Ernest & Jin would've knocked them right out if they hadn't been so far behind.

• Love 4

I'm thinking they're not making much of an impact. Then again, I'd say that's true for any of the teams that aren't the Greens or Texans. The whip miscue could have been costly, but they were too far ahead of the Dancers for that to make a difference.

Not much to report. Tiffany & Krista got a little lucky in regards to getting bunched with three other teams, as well as running a non-elimination leg. At least they're not imploding like other teams might. Oh, and I still can't tell them apart.

I'm not sure what put them so far behind.  They seemed to be about on par with everyone else.  But what tasks they did, they did well.  Krista did very well on the Roadblock, and they seemed to be making decent progress on the Detour.

Let's see how it shakes out next week.

Lucky ladies! Tiffany & Krista finished in last place, but they were spared elimination (and Speed Bump), and they made the most of it. While I'm still having trouble telling them apart, I'm happy they cashed in on the mistakes of other teams to come within sniffing distance of the front of the pack. And it looks like they'll be having fun in the next leg.

• Love 1

@Lantern7, Tiffany is taller than Krista, who has much darker skin.  That can help you tell them apart.

Glad to see them get out from the back.  It was stupid to blow their U-Turn on a team who had to have passed by it by that point.  But despite the tears, they said they wanted out of the back of the pack, and they fought their way out of it.  Krista nailed the Roadblock, they did the Detour quickly enough (Crocs was definitely better for them than Canoes), and they actually knew to look for the skulls at the lion task.  They did the balancing well enough, too, and came in a well-deserved fifth place.

Great comeback, ladies!

• Love 3

Out of the 4 teams in the back, they were the only ones not to make a bone-head mistake this week (if you don't count the u-turn), and that more than anything else is why they came in 5th this week. But good for them! I think they're sweet and fun.

• Love 6

Best leg yet for these two!  They nailed both Roadblocks, and they were the only team to clear the Drops Mic Detour on the first try!  Would've been nice to see them slide past Justin & Diana, but that might've been editing, and they were farther ahead than they made it seem.

Still, second place was very much deserved.  I was so happy for both of them!

• Love 5
Lantern7, on 31 Oct 2015 - 12:41 AM, said:

I'm pumped for them. Sure, it helps that Krista is a speech pathologist, and it served the team well. Hopefully, they can make like Chip & Kim and vault themselves into the lead pack.

I actually wouldn't be surprised if this turned out to be a Chip & Kim-esque story for them -- starting out weak on the first few legs, but learning from their mistakes, getting it together, and (hopefully) winning the whole thing!  I think this leg showed that they might have the goods for that.

And on another note, I found their second-place celebration quite adorable.  Just me, I know, but . . . I did.

• Love 4

I found it adorable too. I was happy for them. They knew what they would be good at and they nailed it. Maybe they would have been first if they'd managed to catch Justin and Diana's train.

• Love 6

Another fine leg for them!  Krista struggled just a tiny bit at the Roadblock, but they picked what was definitely the right Detour for them and were the only team to go with Skip.  Had they just been just a few steps faster in catching the tram Justin & Diana were on to the Detour, and maybe got an earlier train to the Hague, they might've won this leg!

Also, I won't blame them too much for thinking Rotterdam was in Germany.  I lived in the Netherlands myself years and years ago, and I, too, thought that it was there the first few months my family lived there.

• Love 3

Looks like they're still in the Race. I don't think the Double Dutch Detour was as well-timed as the surfing Fast Forward was for Adam & Bethany last year, but it was a stroke of good luck.

They were perfect for the Double Dutch task. I doubt any of the other remaining teams could have done it.

The homeless dancers probably could have aced it and the track stars and possibly the little people cousins, who showed good coordination at the volleyball task, might have done OK as well.

• Love 1

Also, I won't blame them too much for thinking Rotterdam was in Germany.  I lived in the Netherlands myself years and years ago, and I, too, thought that it was there the first few months my family lived there.

At least they knew Rotterdam and Amsterdam aren't the same city.

• Love 5

Rewatched the latest episode. Tough leg, especially for Tiffany. I feel that they're on their way out. Then again, that's how I usually feel about them. On the bright side, the interaction between Tiffany & Krista and Tanner & Josh wasn't as squick-worthy as Eric & Jeremy and Danielle & Danni. I know my mind shouldn't go there, but it does.

Tough leg for the Cheerleaders. Krista gets the title quote, but they wound up dragging overall. Only thing that saved them from starting the next leg in the lead position was Denise & James Earl getting lost on their way to the Pit Stop.

ETA: I could have done without their indignation of Kelsey & Joey U-Turning the guys. It's a Race. That's what the U-Turn is for.

• Love 3

Unless there are a lot of dancing or singing tasks remaining, it's hard to see them coming ahead of anyone but Team Alabama or maybe the paparazzi.

Or someone gets screwed over on a flight or taxi.

Even with the Paparazzi getting U-Turned and Denise & James Earl lagging, I was nervous for the Cheerleaders . . . especially after the locals messed with Tiffany's balloon net. I feel they can still win the Race because Amy & Maya pulled off the upset at TAR25. Tiffany & Krista are a tight team, and they don't devolve into bicker-fests when the odds are against them.

• Love 2

I'm not a fan of them. Their attitude about other teams, u-turns, and even countries is high-schoolish. Stop caring so much about your BFFs Tanner and Josh, and focus on your own partner.

I actually like their work ethic. There have been many other "cheerleader" types that have failed where they have succeeded. Like, I said (in Logan & Chris thread), it's between the cheerleaders & Logan/Chris for the 3rd spot. IMO!

• Love 2

I really hope the penultimate leg doesn't haunt Krista. While I can  see her and Tiffany coming back in a future season, seeing them lose by such a slim margin was brutal to watch. Like I said in the episode thread, at least Krista wasn't anywhere near as bad (or as sad) as Danielle & Danni. Or Danielle in TAR11 with friggin' Eric.

They'd better be back. If Kisha & Jen can come back because one of them wound up going to the restroom at the wrong time (IIRC), then the Cheerleaders should get a second chance.

From what I could tell and heard the others say-- there was a lot of white bubbles and light.. light reflects on the water, I couldn't tell if there were other stuff underwater like plants though.  I don't know what Krista's vision is like (if she wears contacts) but if your vision really sucks (like mine) it might have taken longer.  It looked like too that Krista wasn't always looking DOWN... it was painful to see that she was right there and the fishies were either next to her or right behind her.

Sad to see them go- they tried their best and didn't fall apart (much) when they had troubles or came in last.

I have to give credit to The Cheerleaders. At the start of the race, I didn't expect them to make it this far given the competition. 4th place isn't bad, I hope they're invited back.

They were kind and joyous in the episode (and throughout the race), which was the total opposite of Justin.

Edited by Chrissytd

Tiffany deserves a ton of credit for being so supportive of Krista and encouraging her to keep trying. I can only imagine how Justin would have berated Diana if she took 5 tries.

I imagine the elimination would have been much more painful for Krista if Tiffany had allowed her to quit.

I hope they both marry rich. :)

• Love 2
22 hours ago, Geenee said:

Not-Tiffany will be the greeter for the premiere of the Israeli edition's newest season. 

That would be Krista.

On ‎9‎/‎14‎/‎2015 at 3:05 PM, Vyas said:

False, Krista's heritage is Italian.

Fun fact: Many consider Italian a Hispanic race.  Thus they were the second Hispanic women's team.

On Sunday, October 22, 2017 at 7:51 PM, Star Aristille said:

Israel is so far away.  How are they managing to bring their teams so far over here for a first leg?  That's quite a leap, isn't it?

It's the second leg and it's a nonstop flight from Tel Aviv to NYC.