Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E04: The Cuts Begin

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

It is interesting how everyone has different tastes on who is pretty vs. not. I do think DCCs should be head turner/attention getting in a positive way and then people's personal tastes can take over from there. Shelbi to me definitely meets that requirement - if she walked down the street in my town, the vast majorty of people would take notice and think wow - look at her.

I think Colby (knowing she's 5'9") would have this effect too - some people may take a harder look and think she's too botoxed, etc., but they would certainly notice her.

Now of this years TC - I do not think Madelyn has this look at all, it actually suprises me she made it to finals w/ her look. Kat is giving herself that wow factor w/ her bright blonde hair - if she had boring hair, I think she'd be the same situation as Madelyn.

• Love 2

Madeline has got to be one of the next cuts.  I like her and think she’s a cute dancer but she does not have the DCC style or look and I just don’t see her getting it.  BUT makeovers are next week so maybe we will see a miracle with her hair and make up!   Curious to see why Kelli makes Clare lay on the floor at the salon LOL 

There are still several girls who I have NO idea who they are.

Agree with all of your comments. I think Kelli makes Claire lay in the floor because she is trying to decide what color to dye her hair...well I think it has something to do with hair color.

• Love 2

Is it wrong how excited I am to see Madeline's makeover? Whether she actually makes the team or not is beside the point, in fact I think she seems really overwhelmed with the choreography. I just can't wait to see what they do with her hair/makeup/eyebrows!

• Love 5

Hello all!  Great to be back on the forum. I hope you are all doing well.   I am a little late this season (to post here) but I have been watching all the episodes.  However I did spoil part of it for myself since I read the spoilers here during the actual try-outs.  However I did agree with the judges about the vets that were cut once I saw their try-out performances air. You should come back strong as a vet, not out of shape or not fun to watch.

So far my fav candidate has to be Megan C.   I also liked Colby but it seemed like Kelli didn't like her from the start.  It seems they don't like to have anyone older on the team. I also notice they don't have any Asian TCC.  Have they ever?

I go on Twitter occasionally and I follow a few of the DCC and the "Making the team" twitter page.   Well, that was a mistake.   I was on there and one of the TCC appeared on there as a current DCC twitter name.   So now I know one - and that was from the Making the team posts.    So I unfollowed (or whatever you call it on there) and yet again I saw a picture from a vet DCC of another one of the rookies!   Now I know two that made it    I guess i have to stay off Twitter until the season is over.   Not happy about that.

Looking forward to the next episode.    Everybody have a great Labor Day weekend!

So far my fav candidate has to be Megan C. I also liked Colby but it seemed like Kelli didn't like her from the start. It seems they don't like to have anyone older on the team. I also notice they don't have any Asian TCC. Have they ever?

Yoshiko Danjo, Joannah Liad, and Alyssa Sarasani just to name a few Asian girls since the show has been airing. I believe Andrea Rogers was also partially Asian but I'm not sure.

Edited by Oranaiche
  • Love 1

Agreed, with right hair and make up I think she could be so stunning!

This pic was public on her FB, from a couple of years ago. So gorgeous! She looks better without the orange tan too.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10200841069012203&set=a.1388984527821.2051745.1328320896&type=1&theater

That pic is cute, but she looks like a 12 year old Elizabeth Taylor in National Velvet type, not a DCC. DCCs do not look underage. Even the ones who are only 18, look like they could pass for 25.

• Love 1

Now of this years TC - I do not think Madelyn has this look at all, it actually suprises me she made it to finals w/ her look. Kat is giving herself that wow factor w/ her bright blonde hair - if she had boring hair, I think she'd be the same situation as Madelyn.

I think Kat is really pretty. Sort of Eastern European looking.

Yoshiko Danjo, Joanna Liad, and Alyssa Sarasani just to name a few Asian girls since the show has been airing. I believe Andrea Rogers was also partially Asian but I'm not sure.

Am I thinking Jessica also has some Asian ancestry because she looks like Danica McKellar, or is it bc she has some Asian background.

That pic is cute, but she looks like a 12 year old Elizabeth Taylor in National Velvet type, not a DCC. DCCs do not look underage. Even the ones who are only 18, look like they could pass for 25.

Madelyn looks like Amy Duggar.

Am I thinking Jessica also has some Asian ancestry because she looks like Danica McKellar, or is it bc she has some Asian backgrouns.

Not sure on Jessica's heritage but she definitely looks it. Also Kim. I forgot about her.

Edited by Oranaiche

haha well yeah she looks way too young there but I just meant it makes such a difference on her when she has eyebrows and a hair style lol  

And Jenna looked super young too, to the point of concern, when she tried out but she had the benefit of being an outstanding dancer/performer and very mature personality. 

Yoshiko Danjo, Joannah Liad, and Alyssa Sarasani just to name a few Asian girls since the show has been airing. I believe Andrea Rogers was also partially Asian but I'm not sure.

Sasha Agent is half Filipina. I believe someone said Jessica is Filipina also.

Madelines Instagram is public, you can see pictures post makeover and there's not a huge change, just slightly lighter, redder (of course, Kelli got a bulk discount on auburn hair dye) nothing dramatic unfortunately... maybe eyebrows are a little more filled in? Edited by RhiRhi

Madelines Instagram is public, you can see pictures post makeover and there's not a huge change, just slightly lighter, redder (of course, Kelli got a bulk discount on auburn hair dye) nothing dramatic unfortunately... maybe eyebrows are a little more filled in?

Seems like in the past if TPTB were planning to cut someone they wouldn't get as "good" or "drastic" of a makeover as someone who TPTB thought might be a potential "rock star" (my opinion)

• Love 1

Madeline might be one of those girls who are baby-faced and very young looking throughout their teens and then mature into absolutely stunning girls in their twenties.  Whether or not that happens, we won't know UNTIL it happens or IF it happens.

• Love 2

I feel horrible for cut vets. It really must be hard to move on after that. I would rather be cut 7 times as a rookie candidate and never make the team at all than make it, see what it's like to be a DCC, and then get cut while trying to come back for another season as a vet.

Has any vet who was cut (either at finals or during TC) ever successfully made it back on the team in another season?

Do you think they ever talk to existing DCCs at the end of the season and give them a review of how they did and encourage a few of them to not come back and spare themselves being cut?

I feel horrible for cut vets. It really must be hard to move on after that. I would rather be cut 7 times as a rookie candidate and never make the team at all than make it, see what it's like to be a DCC, and then get cut while trying to come back for another season as a vet.

Has any vet who was cut (either at finals or during TC) ever successfully made it back on the team in another season?

Do you think they ever talk to existing DCCs at the end of the season and give them a review of how they did and encourage a few of them to not come back and spare themselves being cut?

I'm not sure if any cut vets have re-auditioned or earned their spots back in a different season, but I do know that certain vets are advised not to re-audition.

I feel bad for the Vets who are cut are well. While I wouldn't rather be cut 7 times as a rookie, it must be really difficult to come back as a Vet and not make the team. Flip-siding it, I find it also hard to understand why Vets come back out of shape or not knowing the combination. 

We also don't know how hard Ashley Pro or Jasmine worked on the combination before auditions.  Ashley doesn't have a dance background, so dances don't come easily to her. She may have worked hard on the combination and just couldn't pull it off. It was an awkwardly choreographed piece.  It was a combination of things that knocked them both out, but I still feel badly for them.

• Love 1

Uniform question...why are the stars put on separately? How are they attached? I'd be so scared of mine falling off!

Probably velcro so they're not damaged when the rest of the uniform gets cleaned.

Slightly OT but does anyone remember how many stars are on the uniform? (was mentioned @ a Squad Photo shoot on a previous MTT)

Edited by lscobee

Probably velcro so they're not damaged when the rest of the uniform gets cleaned.

Slightly OT but does anyone remember how many stars are on the uniform? (was mentioned @ a Squad Photo shoot on a previous MTT)

Thanks-I wonder why they're not attached to begin with?

I'm pretty sure it's 15.

• Love 1

Uniform question...why are the stars put on separately? How are they attached? I'd be so scared of mine falling off!

I can't believe that no one's stars have ever fallen off - or have they? With the physicality of shaking it for four hours...

And on the topic of uniform cleaning, can you imagine how sweaty & stinky they'd be at the end of a game? Ugh!

Edited by Pinknblue