Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E02: So Close, Yet So Far - Pre-Air Speculation and Live Chat

• Start Topic

Here is your Pre-Air Speculation and Live Chat thread for your commenting enjoyment!

This thread will close at 10:00 pm, after which you can head on over to the actual episode thread....

S01.E02: So Close, Yet So Far Away

.....to continue discussion. Please remember not to post any Walking Dead spoilers in here. There is a thread to compare the shows HERE, so any mention or discussion of the Walking Dead goes there.

Enjoy the episode, have fun commenting and as always, please be respectful to your fellow commenting mates!

I speculate that my hopes for this episode are a bit higher than I'd like.  As in; now that most of the exposition has been dealt with, let's really get into watching the fall of civilization as the problems start to get more and more noticeable & unable to 'sweep under the rug', metaphorically speaking.

I know it won't happen this episode, but I can't wait until they reach the point where it becomes obvious... "Umm, the 'zombies' are starting to significantly outnumber the living people now... we might have a slight problem to invest a sliver of worry into;  albeit that I stated that a bit ineloquently."

Edited by iRarelyWatchTV36
  • Love 1
I speculate that my hopes for this episode are a bit higher than I'd like.

Heh. I speculate that there is a possibility that this episode shall not drag in time, nor seem repetitive, nor make me question the decision to make such a show as FTWD.

Just give me a show that grabs my attention, man. I admit, certain times in TWD, I was bloody irritated and wanted to abandon the show for it's sheer stupidity. But I stuck around, because whatever, and it was worth it. Please, FTWD, don't make me regret you.......

• Love 3

Heh. I speculate that there is a possibility that this episode shall not drag in time, nor seem repetitive, nor make me question the decision to make such a show as FTWD.

Just give me a show that grabs my attention, man. I admit, certain times in TWD, I was bloody irritated and wanted to abandon the show for it's sheer stupidity. But I stuck around, because whatever, and it was worth it. Please, FTWD, don't make me regret you.......

I agree with this, totally.

I don't mind that they did the whole pilot episode as exposition and 'character-building', but to make that work, the characters and exposition has to be worth the effort to watch.  Sadly, neither quite lived up to the 'hype' of what I personally hoped & expected of it.

I wonder how many people tuned in last week, who haven't watched TWD before, but were thinking 'OK, this being a "prequel", it has to be somewhat like its parent show.  If I like this, I should really like TWD!'.  Hopefully not many, cause if people think that was indicative of TWD, that pilot was a snore-fest.

• Love 1

Take one drink whenever:

Nick runs away.

Travis either builds a fire or uses a flashlight.

Tobias appears in a scene.

Take two drinks whenever:

Nick changes his clothes.

Tobias gets a speaking scene.

Zombies actually do anything.

Take three drinks whenever:

There is a scene in which Nick is neither seen nor mentioned.

Tobias picks up a sword and shows us what a lifetime of LARPing has prepared him for.

Madison actually smiles.

• Love 6

Take one drink whenever:

Nick runs away.

Tobias picks up a sword and shows us what a lifetime of LARPing has prepared him for.

Madison actually smiles.

Chug the whole bottle in one go whenever:

Madison shows an actual emotion.

Any scene that features Alicia and neither is she texting or has her ear buds in.

The Clarks + Travis actually realize they just "killed" Cal like 5 times in the span of about an hour and begin to realize something's not kosher.  "Oooohhh..."

• Love 4

Take one drink whenever:

Nick runs away.

Madison actually smiles.

Excellent list! I'd like to add...

Take a sip...

If Nick wears clothes that might be better suited for a 13 year old girl.

If someone doesn't believe Nick when he's telling the truth, because "it must be the drugs."

If Alicia says something rude.

If Travis' son accuses him of replacing him with his "new" kids.

If someone says the phrase, "this can't be happening!"

Finish your drink...

If anyone uses the words "stuff" and "things" in the same sentence.

If someone says any variation of "you're not my real father/mother."

• Love 4

There's a prayer circle inside my head for Tobias, hope he survives.

I'm a little worried about him - rule #1 is cardio - our protagonist family could leave him behind if he's too slow...

Anyone want to bet on how fast we'll see a Walker tonight?

28 minutes!

• Love 2

I speculate that Alicia's boyfriend, Matt, played by Maestro Harrell an alum of "The Wire" will be:

The first Zombie we see this episode - why stop the mind-numbing trend of killing off the black actors.

The spoiler tag is not working for me.

Edited by Macbeth
  • Love 3

why stop the mind-numbing trend of killing off the black actors.

You would think that TPTB would have noticed that the viewers picked up on that trend, and they would want to shake it up, just for the sake of keeping the show unpredictable?

• Love 6

The Walking/Fear Posters are definitely my favorite to read, and comment with!

Anyone want to bet on how fast we'll see a Walker tonight?

Experience [/w TWD] would suggest that the chances of seeing (at least) 1 walker before the title card are pretty good - either as a current walker(s), a dead person/people that will be a walker(s) shortly, or flashbacks that include walker(s) - but I really have no definitive guess.

Could be real soon, could be mid-ep, or could be towards the very end.  Kudos to whoever gets the right guess in.

• Love 1

Oh man...not Randy too! I mean Matt.

I can't keep track of all the men from The Wire this show and it's parent has cast...only to kill off.

Whose house?

Run's house!

(Sorry, couldn't help myself.)

• Love 6