Type keyword(s) to search

Past Seasons Discussion: PB we missed you!

1 hour ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

I know from reading the forums over on TWoP that Vanessa wasn't in this season due to her real life pregnancy.

Sorry, forgot to ask in my previous post - who is Vanessa?  Do you mean Sarah Wayne Callies?

1 minute ago, FnkyChkn34 said:

Sorry, forgot to ask in my previous post - who is Vanessa?  Do you mean Sarah Wayne Callies?

D'OH! ??‍♀️??‍♀️??‍♀️??‍♀️ Yes, I meant Sarah Wayne Callies. Don't know why I thought her real name was Vanessa!

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

D'OH! ??‍♀️??‍♀️??‍♀️??‍♀️ Yes, I meant Sarah Wayne Callies. Don't know why I thought her real name was Vanessa!

Ha, no worries - we knew who you meant, but I just wanted to verify!  I thought maybe that's her name in another show or something.  Sometimes people do that and those references go right over my head.

• Love 1

Back to other goodness in season two:

I love and squeed at how Sara and Michael couldn't say the actual "I love you" to each other!??Instead, she tells him "The first thing they tell you is NOT to fall in love with an inmate." Then she looks up and over at him, looks down, then up at him again. And they have their second kiss. And HOO BOY!!!! The butterflies in my tummy went into OVERDRIVE! And I think my ovaries exploded!!???

Then at the end of the episode, right before they go into the Gentleman's Club, where Sara's father hid the USB in his Humidor, Michael stops Sara:

"Sara...about before...Me too."

Me: Those Crazy Kids!!!

So what? Do these two only get one kiss per season? We know they do have sex, because, Michael Junior. Do we get to see it? Or is offscreen and she tells him she's pregnant??

Miller is so VERY GOOD at selling Michael's love for Sara.

I also enjoy how in the latter part of the second season, it's Linc who's the thinker and Michael who has trouble controlling his emotions!? Both really aren't killers and the way they showed how their hands shook when pointing a gun at Mahone or T-Bag, or Kim proved it. It's why Linc shooting all those terrorists in the revival was such a disconnect and Out Of Character for him.

And that fight they had in the beach-arguing over Sara and Veronica and how everyone that T-Bag's killed is blood on their hands. And then when Linc tells Michael that maybe he should have just let the State kill him, Michael was like a little boy again: "You take that back! You take that back!"

Man, those lines of dialogue and how Miller and Purcell said them, really got to me. I LOVE those two together!

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 5

Their first time is off screen.  You see before (kissing upright in bed) and they hint at after (Michael putting on his shirt, Sara with no pants LOL).  I assume their first time created Mike Jr.

• Love 1

Man, I KNEW Whistler was Shady As FUCK?I LITERALLY LAUGHED AND CHEERED in "Bang and Burn" when Michael followed him onto the roof, jumped up and grabbed him by the waist and hung on as the helo tried to take him away.

I'm SO GLAD that I didn't watch this show live when it was on the air because if I'd been watching and saw the "present" ????????????that Gretchen had left for Linc after his failed attempt to save Sara and LJ, I would have LOST my SHIT!

And the look on Michael's face when Linc finally came through and told him Sara was dead? Or what he said to Linc-that Linc must think that Michael only though of himself? And the rage and grief Michael went through while music played. The trashing of his cell, breaking down in tears. Man, it's these character moments that keep me watching.

And Show FINALLY made me feel sorry for Bellick, when he learned Sara was dead.

TOTALLY KNEW that Michael challenging Fuckster to the death was a con, just as Linc and Sucre in the hotel lobby was a fakarooni.????

But fuck it all, I SO don't give any figgety or bluedilly FUCKS about that STOOPID TWIT Sofia and her twu wuv Fuckster, or any of their scenes where they're waxing poetic about said wuv. That is screentime away from ?❤️?Michael?❤️?Linc?❤️?Sucre?❤️?-the ones I care about. ????

But Marshall Allman (LJ) sure did put on some weight in his face between the seasons. I mean his face isn't as thin in a 'boy needs to eat, his face is all bones' way. But he was basically on the run for most of last season so that makes sense. Or is it the hair style? I still want to reach into my screen and give him a BIG HUG and hold him close, though. I got through to Episode 10, so only three more to go before the end of this dreck.

So the final season was back to a full season of 22 episodes, not counting the "movie."

Anyone know why season three was a short season?? Oh, never mind! I'm such a Maroon! 2008 Writers Strike!??‍♀️

I hope that Gretchen dies a SLOW and PAINFUL Death for making LJ "hear" her "killing" Sara and for causing Michael the grief and pain of thinking she was gone.

I won't shed any tears if Fuckster bites it, too. I expect General Pad Man will be around until the end.

10 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

I hope that Gretchen dies a SLOW and PAINFUL Death for making LJ "hear" her "killing" Sara and for causing Michael the grief and pain of thinking she was gone.

From what very little I've seen of season 4, it seemed like Gretchen was somewhat left off the hook after it came out that Sara managed to get away before being killed. Which I found odd seeing as she actually had a completely random woman beheaded simply to pass her off as Sara. The lesson to be learned there is that you don't want to look like Sara Tancredi in this universe. There was also the woman in season 2.

• Love 2
7 hours ago, bijoux said:

From what very little I've seen of season 4, it seemed like Gretchen was somewhat left off the hook after it came out that Sara managed to get away before being killed. Which I found odd seeing as she actually had a completely random woman beheaded simply to pass her off as Sara. The lesson to be learned there is that you don't want to look like Sara Tancredi in this universe. There was also the woman in season 2.

FOUL!!!!! That heinous BITCH got off easy! Shot and it was OFFSCREEN and I we were denied seeing it!??? We didn't even hear the gunshot!

And Gretchen had just put the head of a cadaver in that box.

The reunion between Michael and Sara was EVERYTHING!!!!!

But a BIG GIANT UGH ? to Sofia surviving and is now with Linc?!!!!!????

Although this show is famous for killing off almost everyone, I hope Bruce will be safe. But I fear for his safety.

Fell a bit behind, but I finally got through the first season and began the second one.  More thoughts!

While it understandably isn't anywhere near as heartbreaking as Michael having to use Sara and betray Pope, I find it interesting over what ended up happening to Haywire, when Michael locked himself into the psych ward.  It actually looked like Haywire was getting better with those meds, and maybe he never would have had a shot at a normal or free life, but could have found some kind of peace and stability. But since Michael needed him to remember, he forced him to throw up his meds, and it set him back to the "crazed" Haywire.  Obviously, I understand why Michael had to do it, but it just another case of him having to use someone and inadvertently hurt them in order to save Lincoln. 

The last three episodes of season one felt like a three hour finale, since the prison break more or less started then.  And, wow, was it some of the most intense, riveting stuff on television.  Even now, when I know they break out in the end, I kept guessing and wondering how they would get out of one roadblock after another.

I did find it amusing that the two escapees they abandoned first (Haywire and Tweener), ended up getting out of the roadblocks before the main crew.  I certainly understand why they did it, but it's kind of ironic.

A minor bit, but I liked when all the non-Bellick C.O.s were bumbling around trying to find Pope, and then whats Patterson shows up, he just like "Why not try calling his cell?", and that's how they found him in the closet.  Despite mainly being background characters, it fits with that they saw, because Patterson always seemed to have a better head on his shoulders compared to the rest.

Fuck, Abruzzi chopping off T-Bag's hand was brutal! 

Only seen the first episode of season two so far, but the few moments I do want to mention:

I forgot they had to recast Stedman for S2, and I get it is never easy, but the new guy really doesn't look or sound anything like John Billingsley.

Man, I wasn't a fan of Veronica, but her exit was rough, especially them making sure we see her getting taken out in two bags, meaning she was likely chopped up.  Also, Dominic Purcell sold the hell out of Linc's reaction to hearing it.  Again, I've realized he's actually a good facial and physical actor, and I just letting his more monotone, sometimes stiff line delivery not notice it.

I got a kick out of them getting the new clothes, and Michael apparently made sure he and Linc got the cool suits, while everyone else got the not so stylish things.  Granted, it was his plan, so I guess they earned it!

And, of course, can't mention season two without the introduction of Mr. Alex Mahone!  I won't lie: I got way too giddy over seeing his introduction again.  While season one is probably still going to be my favorite, Mahone is truly one of my favorite characters: not just on PB, but any show.  William Fichtner is one of the greats, and I can't wait to revisit this! 

• Love 4

I remember finding it funny how Michael looked put together in his suit, and Linc's was just thrown on. It was perfect for their characters.

I remember being legit impressed by how gutsy Veronica's end was at the time. I'm not sure I'd feel the same way now.

Mahone was the perfect opponent for Michael, there has never been a better one than him, either before or after.

• Love 4

Well. I FINALLY got through seasons three and four AND that horrid, INSULTING farce of an explanation movie titled The Final Break.?????????????

Thoughts only because I marathoned my way through the last season in two days;

Gretchen got off TOO EASY.

My memories of the charming and funny Cress Williams are forever tarnished by his role as a cold-blooded assassin in this series. I guess I should be grateful I didn't see him actually kill Mahone's little boy.

Even though I knew Sucre survived from his 3 seconds in the revival, I was tense and on edge when he was being buried alive in Sona and stuck there when the season ended.

I vastly prefer season four to season three if only because we were back in the sunlight and the episodes had me tense, sitting on the edge of my seat, causing me to ??rage??over what a HEINOUS, MURDERING, COLD BITCHTWAT Christine was. As well as crying over Michael's fate. At least I we were spared seeing him die/killed in the finale and "movie."

And for someone as cynical as I have become over the many years of watching television-I admit it-Felt fooled me. It wasn't until his shady way of accepting Scylla and just putting it in his car, and then the suspicious way he was acting with Miriam that it DINGED-he FUCKED OVER Linc and Michael!!!?

Do not feel sorry for what ultimately happened to him.

And this show, PEOPLE! THIS SHOW! NO ONE IN GOVERNMENT CAN BE TRUSTED!!!! 

I HATED that Linc and Michael were on opposite sides during the latter half of the final season. HATED IT.

So I'm going to assume the Company surgeons left a tiny bit of the TUMAH in Michael's brain to 'splain the resurgence of the nosebleeds and hence the show ending with his tombstone????

I HATE that Linc hooked up with that idiot, Sofia, but laughed that in the four years that passed, she's still his "girlfriend."???

And I call FOUL!!! FOUL!!! at LJ not being in the finale AND not at Michael and Sara's wedding!!!???????

I've never really found Kellerman hot or sexy, but must admit, at the end, when a bleeding Michael hands over Scylla, that one moment where Kellerman is looking at and urging Michael for the missing piece, he was looking miiiiighty fiiiiine?

Bellick went out a hero! Who'dathunk?

T-Bag remained his deceitful, murderous, raping self, and those scenes when he was threatening to rape Sara just gave me the heebie jeebies. And more power to Sara in this revival for putting up and working with him.

And finally, I know-PLOT!CONTRIVANCE! PLOT!CONTRIVANCE! over Sara's arrest. That there was no gun near Christine's hand; no GSR on her hands, and of COURSE Michael couldn't testify that she shot that C(fill in the next three letters) SHEBEAST in defense of him. After all, there wasn't any PROOF he'd been shot; only the bullet hole in his shoulder!????

And boo-hoo-hoo! The poor Fweds feeling all butthurt because their entire bureau was corrupt and proven to be so, and everyone was pardoned/cleared. BUT it's only Michael that they're going after to put behind bars? Yeah, right.

So yeah, now I'm frothing and ?????that we didn't get the update on C-Note's wife and daughter, and LJ! And since he survived, why Mahone isn't in this revival instead of newbies I don't give any shits about. Unless Fichtner declined to reprise his role.

So for me my favorite season was the first (naturally), followed by season two, then four. Aside from character moments between Michael and Linc, and LJ scenes, season three is pure rubbish, and that "movie" doesn't even qualify.

• Love 1

Up to episode five now.

The first of the "Fox River Eight" falls, and it ends up being good old Abruzzi!  Interesting that he ended up being responsible for his own downfall, because he actually had a way out with his family, but his need for revenge did him in, and he got himself trapped by the feds, and naturally, he refused to go back.  A fitting end, and I also found it fitting that arguably the most dangerous man of the group (granted, T-Bag is the worst and most disgusting, but Abruzzi had more power and influence in the crime world), was the first to go.  I did like seeing Peter Stormare and William Fichtner get to interact, because they co-starred together years ago in Armageddon, one of my favorite "stupid" movies of all time.

Oh, Nika.  I get it hurts when you find out that the steely eyed, silky voice man that you are crushing on, ends up not liking you in the same way (and that's even after you have to give Bellick a lap dance, which is something I wouldn't wish on my own worst enemy), but trying to turn on him and sell him out to the cops is still pretty low.  Good thing Linc trusts no one but Michael, and had took the clip out of the gun.  Fare thee well, Nika.  At least Holly Valance was rocking those yoga pants!

One thing I like seeing about being out of the prison, is seeing more "normal" interactions between Michael and Linc.  Sure, they're still on the run and dealing with numerous roadblocks, but we get them be more light and jokey with each other, and, gasp, even smiling at times!

I have to say, all things considering, Tweener's idea to pose as a college student, and hitch a ride fromm a co-ed, actually isn't a bad idea.  Sure, it doesn't work all that well since it's Tweener, but it's still probably the best way for someone like him to fly under the radar.

When Michael and Linc "reunite" with T-Bag in Nevada, Michael's "What happened to your hand?" remark, complete with a over-the-top twang was the funniest damn thing Michael has ever done!

Forgot all about Kellerman pretending to a fellow addict in order to get closer to Sara.  So diabolical, but so Kellerman!  And he's apparently a great cook!

First appearance from Smirking Agent Kim!  And to think years from now, both he and Haywire (Reggie Lee and Silas Weir Mitchell) will end up co-starring on Grimm together!

It's always fun revisiting shows and seeing actors I know now in supporting roles, but it was crazy this go around, seeing some in extremely minor roles.  Allison Tolman (Molly from the first season of Fargo) played a nurse for one scene in the third episode, and a very young Demi Lovato of all people, played the girl in episode four that T-Bag was creeping all over.  I guess you have to get your start somewhere!

• Love 3
7 hours ago, thuganomics85 said:

Forgot all about Kellerman pretending to a fellow addict in order to get closer to Sara.  So diabolical, but so Kellerman!  And he's apparently a great cook!

Lance. This is Paul Adelstein's greatest achievement. Adelstein-as-Kellerman-as-Lance was irresistible: the covert gleam in his eye; the barely buried thrill of mischief. He was like Loki or Puck. 

• Love 5
(edited)
12 hours ago, Pallas said:

Lance. This is Paul Adelstein's greatest achievement. Adelstein-as-Kellerman-as-Lance was irresistible: the covert gleam in his eye; the barely buried thrill of mischief. He was like Loki or Puck. 

Definitely Puck!?

So I'm back to rewatching Season one (Don't JUDGE me!???) and since there's no thread to discuss continuity gaffes, I'm going to put this out here:

From the pilot until the end of the season* we were told that Cooper/Westmoreland stole $1.5 million. Yet in season two, it morphed into $5 million.

The other thing is we're told Linc is scheduled to be executed in May, three weeks, and yet, the day after his near execution, it's SNOWING!!!!!????This is Illinois, not Montana or Denver!

*Of course, maybe Cooper confessed it was actually $5 million to Michael as he lay dying and asked that his daughter get some of the money. I fast forwarded through that part last week when I did my first rewatch. Okay, not a gaffe-government lowballed the amount cuz they didn't want to be even more humiliated. It was $5 million.

But oh my!!!! ❤️???❤️???❤️??????????❤️???❤️???❤️ at the Michael touching and holding Sara's hand shortly after he burned himself, then their FIRST KISS!!! The butterflies in my tummy went into overdrive! Then when he's apologizing to her for involving her and asks her to "forget to lock the door" when he escapes-and not to blame Linc for what he did! The tears that sparkled in his eyes! Oh Yeah, he's TOTALLY gone over her! Or the intense way he looks at Sara when she's unaware! My ❤️Just goes pitty-pat like this:????????????

What?

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 3

On my own rewatch, I finished Season 3 tonight, and man, Sucre is the most loyal person in the world. WHERE IS SUCRE NOW?! 

I honestly mostly enjoyed Season 3, and a few eps into Season 4, I think the guy playing the main Company operative is effective, but I really don't like watching torture on TV. It makes T-Bag "eating Mexican" seem, erm, palatable.

4 hours ago, TheGourmez said:

On my own rewatch, I finished Season 3 tonight, and man, Sucre is the most loyal person in the world. WHERE IS SUCRE NOW?! 

One would imagine steering that cargo ship off course and towards Yemen. But I agree that original cast members, with the exception of Michael and Linc, should have been put to more use overall.

• Love 2
(edited)

Up to episode 11 now in season 2!

I knew Tweener died pretty early on, but I totally blanked on how it happened, so watching Mahone just gun him down was insane to watch. And then it is revealed that he is working for The Company against his will.  Because he actually killed Oscar Shales and buried him in his backyard.  Yeah, no wonder he has a few screws loose!  Also liked seeing Callie Throne as his ex.

There was the brief moment where Lincoln and L.J. where captured before they were saved by Linc's dad and his group of followers (including Kristen Lehman!) I know they were trying to place most of the blame on L.J. forgetting his change at the diner, and the waitress spotting them, but I just kept thinking that maybe it wouldn't have been so easy if Linc actually tried to disguise himself.  I get it's only been a few days, so it's not like he can grow a beard or anything, but basically Linc seemed to be under the impression that he just had to put on a pair of sunglasses, and no one would suspect a thing.  You know, despite the fact that he has been accused of killing the Vice President (now President)'s brother and has probably been in the news cycle for years.  Oh, Linc.  Even Michael at least half-assed it, by putting a cap that seemed to make him unrecognizable to the public.

Only this show could show a torture scene where I'm not sure how to react, because, one hand, the victim is T-Bag, who is a monster.  On the other hand, the torturer is Bellick, who is the worst.  They both kind of deserve each other.  Also, a small moment that I thought really sells how scummy Bellick is when he is being interviewed after Geary turned on him and lying that he was attacked, he just has to empathize that the assailant was a "black male."  After everything we've seen of Bellick, casual racism isn't that surprising.  He probably use to call Patterson "one of the good ones."

Agent Smirking Kim somehow makes Kellerman look reasonable.  Which is saying something, since last I saw him, he was getting ready to drown Sara!

The scene when Michael stole a GPS and knocked the old store clerk over; followed by him remembering everyone he had betrayed or died because of his actions; was well done.  Wentworth Miller really sold the anguish and guilt Michael had to be feeling.

The first Michael/Mahone face-off more then lived up the build-up.  Even when caged, it never felt like Michael fully had the upper-hand. Just the sense he only delayed another eventual confrontation.

Edited by thuganomics85
  • Love 3

I liked Gretchen. I was kind of meh on her in season 3, but I thought they made great use of her in season 4 and I loved the backstory they came up with for her. 

I know I Loathed and DETESTED  Mahone in season two; found him to be a sad sack of patheticness in season three; who'dathunk I'd come to like and appreciate him in season four? And did anyone else see him and Felicia getting together??

And this should be expected, considering what a narcissist ASSHOLE T-Bag is, but I still ???and ???whenever he went on a whine about how Michael is responsible for him losing his hand and then carrying around the reattached, gangrene infested rotting flesh. Because ONE-it was T-Bag himself who handcuffed himself to Michael because his ass was greedy and wanted a cut of the $5 million: and TWO-it was Abruzzi who chopped his hand off from the cuffs, not Michael!

• Love 1
1 hour ago, kariyaki said:

I liked Gretchen. I was kind of meh on her in season 3, but I thought they made great use of her in season 4 and I loved the backstory they came up with for her. 

I didn't really watch season 4, except for random clips and the finale, so I can't say much about that.

I always thought they were going to go somewhere with the tumor story. Once we learn that Christina had a tumor (although she died from something else in S1 but I digress) and the same ability as Michael, I was sure both things were connected. We know Michael and his mom have had these tumors since childhood but they apparently stopped growing until they hit age 30. At that point they become life threatening and they have to be operated on. But since I was sure that their ability is due to those tumors it would have explained why the Company didn't completely remove Michael's.

We saw Sara after Michael's operation look at a vial on the tray table next to her. It didn't say what was in it (just some number on it or something) but my guess was always some kind of experimental drug that stops tumor growth. I was expecting a scene in upcoming episodes where we would see Christina injecting herself. But it just never happened so I was confused. Because Michael getting nosebleeds again had me thinking that due to him not getting that drug the tumor would grow back. Now I just treat it as my head-canon because then the tumor thing at least makes sense.

20 hours ago, bijoux said:

I didn't really watch season 4, except for random clips and the finale, so I can't say much about that.

In season 4, we meet Gretchen's sister and niece, the latter of whom turns out to be Gretchen's biological daughter, whom Gretchen is VERY protective of, as you might imagine. There was some story they told about an abusive boyfriend the sister had and once Gretchen found out about it, "he never came back." Gretchen's kid was good casting too, she had the same ice blue eye color as Jodi Lyn O'Keefe.

• Love 1

Season 4 is tough to get through. I'm about halfway or more through it on a series rewatch, and this is where i lose interest. The best part is Mahone calling Pam right before he kills the Company asshole (I never know his name. He'll always be D'Shawn Hardell to me) who killed their son . I love that he got his vengeance. Mahone definitely goes from "love to hate" to just plain "love" in this season. 

I'd also forgotten how many people Linc (justifiably) kills in the latter seasons. 

And I actually was quite surprised at how much I enjoyed S3 this time around. It either wasn't as bad as I remembered, or I've gotten a lot better at suspending reality when I watch. 

• Love 1
15 hours ago, FnkyChkn34 said:

Lavon Hayes, mayor of Blue Bell, Alabama? :)

I had to look up that reference. I haven't seen him in anything since PB and I imagine it would be a bit jarring, since he was super serious bad guy.

I was farther through than I realized . I watched the rest of the regular eps while I worked today (the best perk of working from home is marathoning my favorite repeats). All I have left is the masterpiece known as The Final Break. 

I couldn't figure out why so many people thought Michael died from a tumor until I realized these are people who must not have ever watched The Final Break. Oh man, that graveyard scene is so tough to watch. But there it was 4 years after Michael's "death" and Linc was good.

Spoiler

I wonder if they're going to explain how he got to where he was 3 years after that, in the new season's pilot. How did he go from still loving Sofia and running a surf shop to the old thuggish Linc? I was never a fan of Sofia, but what the heck happened?

^References the first ep of the new season, so spoiler tagging just in case.

44 minutes ago, Squirrely said:

I had to look up that reference. I haven't seen him in anything since PB and I imagine it would be a bit jarring, since he was super serious bad guy.

I actually didn't remember him at all from PB when I started watching Hart of Dixie.  He looked a lot different.  He was always smiling and so jovial - nothing at all like the super serious bad guy.

On 5/9/2017 at 7:54 PM, Squirrely said:

And I actually was quite surprised at how much I enjoyed S3 this time around. It either wasn't as bad as I remembered, or I've gotten a lot better at suspending reality when I watch. 

I wouldn't be surprised if marathoning vs waiting a week or month between episodes makes a huge difference. I didn't mind Season 3 much at all. Four eps into S4, so not much opinion yet. 

I totally thought Michael died of a brain tumor. I don't think I knew there was a Final Break movie until coming to this forum this year. It'll be interesting to watch for the first time soon!

11 hours ago, TheGourmez said:

I wouldn't be surprised if marathoning vs waiting a week or month between episodes makes a huge difference. I didn't mind Season 3 much at all. Four eps into S4, so not much opinion yet. 

I totally thought Michael died of a brain tumor. I don't think I knew there was a Final Break movie until coming to this forum this year. It'll be interesting to watch for the first time soon!

I can't stand season three for the simple reason that the brothers are apart; LJ is mostly offscreen and Sara. Sara! 

I didn't care for whatever was going on at Sona and we didn't have their version of Pope!? And well Whistler took up most of the screen time and I resented the twu wuv story they were trying to sell between him and Sofia!??? Like they were anywhere near similar to Michael and Sara!

As for what Michael died from...well I still think what he did was because of the TUMAH! and also because of course that's what Michael would do! And then we were told what happened the retcon was a few episodes ago in the current season.

I enjoyed Season four because Linc/Michael/Sara, with a dash of Sucre! I didn't like the latter half because Michael and Linc were pitted against each other. Then there was the HEINOUS TWAT of their mother?????

My only consolation is that at least Aldo loved them both!

• Love 1

Yeah, Christina was almost cartoonish in her villainous behavior. She was a big part of what ruined the season for me. I get that not all moms are awesome, but jeez. And I wish Don Self hadn't turned on them. It's like it was just too damned difficult for the writers to let ONE character, outside of the core group, stay true to his word. He turned into an idiotic cartoon villain as well. 

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Squirrely said:

Yeah, Christina was almost cartoonish in her villainous behavior. She was a big part of what ruined the season for me. I get that not all moms are awesome, but jeez. And I wish Don Self hadn't turned on them. It's like it was just too damned difficult for the writers to let ONE character, outside of the core group, stay true to his word. He turned into an idiotic cartoon villain as well. 

Yep. And it's too bad because I love Kathleen Quinlan and I was hoping she was a part of the solution and not a power hungry monster.

I really thought Felt was the ONE Good Fed, but he fooled me. Then I thought, okay, his boss, played by Michael O'Neill (and who the AWESOME Secret Service Butterfield on West Wing) would have been a good guy. Nope. Not him OR the Congressman, either!????

Seems the only good Person was the real Cooper Green, played by Kevin Dunn!

I was excited to see Kathleen Quinlan cast in the role of their mother, but I truly remeber her acting being horrible. It's not just that she was playing a bad person (which fine, whatever, literally everyone and their mother is on this show), it's that she did a bad job of it.

• Love 1
(edited)

I just hated that they resurrected her AND made her a bad guy, too. Ugh, just all the retconning of Michael's family -- hated it. The fact that she died when her kids were young was a big part of Michael and Lincoln's backstory, and they ruined it.

Nearly all of the back half of Season 4 is near unwatchable for me.

Edited by Trini
  • Love 2

I went back and watched all the Sara and Michael scenes because ugh, their reunion.

Sorry, a fan post about these two below....

Anyways, Season one is still the best hands down. The characters, the intrigue, the story. I loved that Sara was always skeptical of Michael and yet she let him in just enough. And that Michael immediately found solace in her. Goodness Wentworth can be a little one note and yet, with Sarah he really brings all sorts of inner turmoil.

Season Two was good too, and I didn't realize how long it took for them to reunite. It's really not till mid season til they are finally together. That is also beautifully done.

Season Three, I just watch for how broken he is on Sara being gone. I didn't realize just how deep they got into that scene with him falling against the side of the wall and just destroyed he is.

Season 4 is all sorts of confusing and you can tell Wentworth looks tired, (just in general) and yet he always brings the soft spot for his scenes with Sarah. I love how they play their relationship, push and pull at times but in the end, she's the reason for his motives, and not always his brother, especially with that "final" episode or as I would like to call, "What the hell was that?"

Season five has had some good moments, but none more affecting to be then when he recorded that message to her. Of course their reunion but that's a given. They always play so well with their eyes.

One of the strongest parts of the show is really their relationship. It's in bits and pieces at times and yet when you watch it all together, it really becomes the thread at which Michael survives on. 

Man Season three and most of Season 4 isn't that great, but I can always watch that kiss in Season one.

• Love 4
On 5/10/2017 at 1:38 PM, Squirrely said:

I couldn't figure out why so many people thought Michael died from a tumor until I realized these are people who must not have ever watched The FinalBreak. Oh man, that graveyard scene is so tough to watch. But there it was 4 years after Michael's "death" and Linc was good.

I remember watching the series finale and I guess I also thought Michael died of the tumor. And Sarah had that scar on her shoulder, and I had no idea what it was. It was a few months later that I caught The Final Break online. It cleared up a lot,  so why the hell did the producers do it that way, just skipping over that on television? I always wondered. 

Fell behind again due to life and other current shows wrapping up, but I'm finally back on my rewatch!  Up to episode 17 of season two now.

Haywire's death was still one of the saddest ones for me.  Obviously he was a violent person and I certainly don't think he should be allowed in the free world, but it was clearly obvious that he was mentally ill and damaged over what his parents had did to him, and wasn't simply an evil or even bad person.  A dangerous one, sure, but someone who needed help.  At least Mahone had the decency to look guilty over talking him into jumping off the ledge.  And I don't blame Michael for involving him since he couldn't have predicted how far-reaching the consequences could be and he really seemed to have no other option, but it's just interesting that Haywire crossing paths with him ended up likely leading to his death.  I like that the show doesn't shy away from people being harmed because of Michael's moves, even if Michael clearly didn't want to do anyone harm.  But sacrifices were bound to be made in order to save Lincoln.

On a lesser level, it was interesting watching how things played out over Sucre trying to steal the older gentlemen's car, who had offered him shelter after Sucre was kicked off the bus.  Glad the guy ended up backing Sucre with the cops and gave him the car, but Sucre's guilt over what he tried to do was well done.  Again, in this show, even the "good" characters have to do bad things, and to the show's credit, I can usually sympathize and understand why.

Kellerman turning on The Company and joining Michael and Linc was a great moment.  And then "reuniting" with Sara.  Really can't blame her for trying to garrote him on the train!  At least she got her moment when she locked him out of the car during their escape in episode 17.  Ha!

Sigh.... oh, Pope.  Stacy Keach is awesome and I really do believe that it hurt Michael to have to betray him the way he did.

C-Note wasn't my favorite character, but Rockmund Dunbar did a fantastic job when he finally called Mahone and turned himself in in order to save his daughter.

Glad Linc finally decided to start wearing a cap at least to hide himself, instead of almost walking around with a sign on his chest saying "It's me, the guy who was convicted of killing the President's brother!!!"  Michael though seemed to give up on any kind of disguise, but he was no doubt banking on being able to hypnotize everyone with his smoldering and steel gaze, which for this show, isn't that far fetch....

Finally, pretty much every scene of T-Bag trying to start a "family" skeeved me out.  At least there was something resembling a human being in him that he ended up letting them go, but man, is he a disturbing individual.

• Love 3

Finally finished season two!

I completely blocked it out of my mind that the big twist about the Reynolds siblings was that they had a whole "Flowers in the Attic" thing going for them.  Eww.

Sometimes I just enjoy the simple things in life and in this case, it's the scene where Bellick starts swinging his dick around Mahone about getting paid for Haywire's "capture", only for Mahone to practically chop if off and say "Do that again and I will bury you!  You have nothing on me!"  Bellick's face when he realizes that Mahone is a whole different animal was the greatest.

As perfect as Robert Knepper is, T-Bag killing the prostitute that was suppose to be "Suzy Q" was around the time where I was a bit over T-Bag.  It just wasn't entertaining watching him squirm away without too many long repercussions and the innocent bodycount he left behind.

Poor Sucre.  He finally gets to Maricruz (because damn, Camille Guaty truly is stunning), only for Bellick to kidnap her.  Sucre has the worst luck!

Forgot C-Note got a pardon for turning in Mahone.  Good for him.

Also forgot the reason Kellerman ends up getting arrested was because he testified at trial to free Sara.  That was nice resolution, even if it doesn't make up for what he did.  But seeing his "death" scene again does show that they shot in a way for it to easily be a fake-out (I guess the shooters just killed the guard?)

Kim's death was still great.

And I just began season three, which I'm curious to see how it goes since this was the time where I felt the show went from entertainingly preposterous to kind of stupid.  So far from the premiere, there are stuff I do enjoy like the idea of the inmates running the asylum, the always great Robert Wisdom, Wentworth Miller really selling how out of his depth Michael is, and the unholy alliance between Michael and Mahone (Mahone jumping in and just snapping the guy trying to shiv Michael was so badass), but I'm already chuckling at some of the other stuff like Linc's "Where is Sara?!" rut, boring Whistler, smirking Gretchen, Dirty Bellick in his underwear (respect to Wade Williams though), Lecharo falling for T-Bag's kiss ass platitudes, and The Company's plan becoming even more convoluted. But I totally forgot that Danay Garcia played the woman that Whistler passed notes too through corpses, so that is why I I thought she was kind of familiar when she first popped up in Fear the Walking Dead!

• Love 2

I have now watched the first three episodes of the first season.

I thought I might be able to binge it, but even knowing that Linc and Michael are alive and well in the fifth season doesnt relieve the anxiety watching it. I had to take a break. I knew the toes scene was coming, but didn't expect it in the second episode! And watching the work Michael has to go through is very stressful - all that work and machinations for an Allan screw!

Having watched the fifth season first, it's weird to look at T-Bag here in the beginning and realize he becomes such a fan favourite. He's despicable here at the beginning. Robert Knepper is fantastic, though.

I'm finding my first impressions of people are not at all jiving with what I hear from fans. I've heard people love Kellerman, but he just seems like an asshole to me and harming the brothers to boot. As do Abruzzi and The "Boss", whatever his name is. Not sure what to think about Stacy Keach yet.

On the other hand, I've heard people express hatred for LJ and Veronica, and I'm liking them fine. I've always liked Tunney as an actress and the character seems fine. And LJ is likeable despite his anger. I completely teared up at the scene with Purcell, where they're touching hands through the cage and Linc is asking him to be there the day before his execution.

I'm really glad I didn't watch this when it aired and having to hear a bunch of reviewers crack on Purcell's acting. It wouldn't have been good for my blood pressure! He does so much while remaining so still. He is my absolute favourite actor just to *watch*.

But I do absolutely understand how Wentworth Miller became the breakout star...he's facing such impossible odds, and his character is so scared while keeping such a brave face. He has tremendous chemistry with Sara. And I really appreciate how she's not a glamour puss of a character, just an ordinary woman.

Can't wait to see how C-Note and Sucre become close with the brothers!

• Love 3

Heh; I remember "Veroniduh" being one of the nicknames. I think narratively, she was the "dumb" character that was out of the loop on a lot of things. I will say the Kellerman gets a lot more interesting in Season 2.

• Love 1

So, I'm only up to episode five now of season three, because sadly, it is becoming a bit of a chore to get through.  I was hoping maybe my feelings will change compared to when I first saw it years ago, but it sadly isn't.  It's so weird, because there are a lot of good ideas here, but it just isn't gelling.  A lot of the problem is that I feel like they keep repeating themselves over and over again.  I feel like each episode has at least five scenes where Whistler asks Michael how they are going to break out and Michael responses with "I'm working on it!", four where Michael asks Whistler why The Company wants him and he responses with "I don't know!", and six or seven times where Lincoln tries to be menacing to Gretchen, only for her to roll her eyes and smirk, because she obviously holds all the cards.  It just feels like a lot of padding, because they're trying to hold off on any actual prison breaking.

Of course, I'm also now that the infamous "head in the box" scenes, which is now hilarious knowing that it's all bullshit and Sara is alive.  I'm guessing The Company used some kind of trickery to make a random severed head look like her, but I still love the idea that they just slapped a red wig on it, and Lincoln was just automatically "Oh, noes!  It has read hair, so it must be Sara!"

My other issue is that as much as I really, really love Robert Wisdom, Lecharo is such an underwhelming antagonist, because despite all of his bluster and speeches, he just comes off easily swayed and manipulated.  Michael fooling him is one thing since it is Michael, but not only is Sammy obvious working angle against him and he doesn't see it, T-Bag is able to play him like a fiddle, nine times out of ten.  The last one in particular is what I think is really doing a disservice to his character, because in the past, other inmates always knew T-Bag is a snake in the grass and couldn't be trusted, but they worked with him either because he had something over them or they just had no other way.  But this time it feels like Lecharo takes him at face value, and really makes him come off dim.

On some more positive notes though, I forgot about the time Mahone was hallucinating Haywire and I thought that was a pretty cool way to bring his character back for a bit.  Forgot Dominic Keating (Malcolm from Star Trek: Enterprise!) showed up in episode five as some guy who claims to know Whistler.  Lincoln and Sofia are actually kind of fun, and Sucre agreeing to be the new prison gravedigger shows once again why he is the best friend in the world.

• Love 3
12 hours ago, thuganomics85 said:

It just feels like a lot of padding, because they're trying to hold off on any actual prison breaking.

Ugh, I remember one episode where Linc and Sucre spent most of the time setting up a trap for Gretchen, only for it to be nullified (offscreen!) in 5 seconds the next episode.

• Love 1
14 hours ago, Trini said:

Ugh, I remember one episode where Linc and Sucre spent most of the time setting up a trap for Gretchen, only for it to be nullified (offscreen!) in 5 seconds the next episode.

Aw, dude, I miss Season 3 just because Sucre actually did things! I never weighed in on finishing my rewatch, did I? Toward the end of Season 4, I quite liked Michael and Sara's adventures on their own, and I continue to appreciate T-Bag's long struggle toward morality - even after the end of Season 5, I'm not sure I buy his transformation, but I want to.  For the TV movie, which I had never seen before, I do appreciate what they aimed for with Sara's prison story, and it was quite entertaining to have an Orange is the New Black regular play the heavy in that, but other than granting us more time with the characters, I don't think it was needed. But wow, those .2 seconds of happy before the police came...okay, maybe it was worth it!

I still want more. Prison Break trash, right here.

• Love 1

Slowly chugging along now: up to episode nine at least, so I'm over halfway through the third season, at least.

At least Whistler has gotten slightly more interesting now that it is clear to Michael (and the audience) that he is actually not just a mere "fisherman" and he is more involved with Gretchen and The Company then he pretended was.  Still an underwhelming main arc though, compared to the original prison break and them being on the run.

Credit where credit is due, Bellick's method to "beating" the guy in the fight may have been cheating, but it certainly worked.

When Michael was in the "hotbox" and Sucre brought him water, it hit me that this was the first time those two interacted the entire season.  That was nice.  Seriously, Sucre may be impulsive, overly-emotional, and a bit dim at times, but he really is the most loyal, best friend Michael or anyone can have.  I like that even Lincoln is warming up to him.

I honestly think that half of the reason they did the whole "Mahone is sprung, only to go back in" was just an excuse to have William Fitchner wear his bitchin suit in prison.

And so begins the big power battle between Lecharo and Sammy.  Really, neither of these two deserve to run a lemonade stand, let alone an entire prison.

• Love 2

Done with season three!

For what it is worth, I actually did enjoy the actual prison break, and how Michael pulled one over on Lecharo and T-Bag, by having them and Bellick be the decoys and get recaptured, while he, Whistler, Luis, and Mahone got out.  Granted, I have a feeling that Michael didn't necessarily want to free Mahone in particular, but Mahone was smart enough to not to go before Michael, because he knew better then to turn his back on him.

I was about to make fun of how Whistler sprained his ankle and suddenly was able to keep up with everyone in typical Prison Break fashion, but then it was revealed that he was faking it.

I can't remember what Luis was in for.  It definitely looked like he was a legitimately decent guy, so I guess it was a Tweener-type situation, where he committed a minor offense, but he got put in Sona by trumped up charges?

I did like how Michael's plan to escape Gretchen and The Company's clutches was to simply have the exchange at a museum, and then set off the alarm.  Sometimes, the elaborate plans are what you need, but other times, just breaking shit works.  Lincoln would approve.

Weird, kind of depressing ending to the season though.  T-Bag kills Lecharo and makes Sona some kind of "All inmates are created equal!  I'm the man of the people!" place, poor Sucre gets thrown in after his connection to Michael is discovered, all that stuff about the coordinates was bullshit and Whistler is clearly more of a Company man then he let on, Mahone apparently throws in with the Company (granted, Lincoln was this close to shooting him), Sophia gets shot, and Michael is off on his own to hunt down and kill Gretchen for what she did to Sara.

Kind of looking forward to starting season four though, since that was when I dropped out (after Bellick's death), and I'm kind of curious to actually seeing how it all plays out, even if I suspect I'll end up disappointed still.    

• Love 1
1 hour ago, thuganomics85 said:

I can't remember what Luis was in for.  It definitely looked like he was a legitimately decent guy, so I guess it was a Tweener-type situation, where he committed a minor offense, but he got put in Sona by trumped up charges?

I don't think it was ever said on the show. It might have been mentioned in the 'Visitacion' shorts.

Good luck with Season 4; the back half of it is still pretty unwatchable for me.

(edited)

I can't even remember who Luis was. And reading that Bellick was killed actually shocked me. I thought I finished season 3, but I guess I either didn't or I repressed this piece of information.

ETA: According to Wikia Luis was charged for car theft and had been in Sona for three years by season 3, making him 14 at the time of his arrest. Also, him being included into the escape because of his father's usefulness seems directly copied to Sid's story. Although at least Luis apparently got a happy ending.

Edited by bijoux