Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E08: Three Moves Ahead

• Start Topic

Angela is dumb as fuck. She might not even have a choice in running away with Ghost, because if/when her boss and colleagues find out how she knew about the meetup, its going to be a wrap for her career AND their whole investigation goes down the drain.

I LOVE seeing Jerry Ferrara, and while I do buy him as a Wall Street guy, I dont buy him as an experienced criminal attorney. Not the type I would would expect Ghost to hire/have on retainer. Maybe a Matthew McConaughey type in Lincoln Lawyer, maybe Jerry just looks too young. But whatever, thats a minor thing.

I was just waiting for Kanan to find out his dumb ass son was banging Tasha. Not like they hiding it well. Keisha was able to sniff it out in 2.5 seconds.

Glad Ghost got wise and got a new phone. I was positive he heard the siren through the phone, but in NYC I know how easy it is to completely ignore something like that.

• Love 2

I love how Ghost played Angie. Even she knew she had to take that L, hence that wonderful Elle Varner song at the end.

I can't wait to see what happens with Tommy. It really could go either way at this point.

Tasha needs to watch Keisha. That girl is not to be trusted. I'd sooner trust Holly with that information than Keisha.

• Love 5

I love how Ghost played Angie. Even she knew she had to take that L, hence that wonderful Elle Varner song at the end.

I can't wait to see what happens with Tommy. It really could go either way at this point.

Tasha needs to watch Keisha. That girl is not to be trusted. I'd sooner trust Holly with that information than Keisha.

You know its interesting you said that about Keisha, because after watching that scene...I saw this weird look on Keisha's face after Tasha told her Shawn knows how to keep his mouth shut about their relationship, and then all of a sudden we see Kanan sitting in the lobby waiting for Shawn.  It wouldn't surprise me if Keisha ends up playing a bigger role on this show and is somehow involved (not necessarily sexually) with Kanan.  Not to mention, Keisha is the only one who knows Tasha is stashing money away in a secret bank account.  That's got to come in to play some time.

Love seeing Angela take Ls, especially at work.  She strolls in to a meeting late, and wants to be asking all kinds of questions.  Like bitch sit your ass down and be quiet....get all the details from Greg afterwards.

Edited by FuriousStyles
  • Love 3

Best thing about the episode was the soundtrack.

Now Lobos and Tommy are in custody... I wonder how that helps Ghost when it is revealed he's the one that lead the cops to them.

What is Ls?

It means to take a loss. 

After everything that's gone on with Angela, I just can't take her seriously at her job.  Once/if it's found out how Angela has obtained her information, is the team's investigation going to fall apart? It sounds like Greg might start poking around a bit more down the road...

So what are Kanan, Ruiz and the Serb going to do now? Go with the Serb's connect in Milan?

Since Ghost never handed over his share of the money, I'm assuming he's going to try and get out of the game.  Probably best he does since eyes will probably be all on him for having his partner arrested and Kanan will definitely make sure that sticks out to everyone.

Did Lobos have on eyeliner this entire episode? It definitely seemed prominent in the restaurant scene, but I don't think I noticed it in previous episodes.

Great use of the Elle Varner's "F--- It All" during the closing credits. Definitely appropriate usage there to convey Angela's losing streak against Jamie.

Edited by ClosingTime
  • Love 3

Can't Angela just say she was and still is playing Jamie for information?

I can't stand how neatly everything falls into place for our (anti)hero because everyone is so dumb. I need to see Ghost outsmarted and then come out on top convincingly.

• Love 1

Enrique Murciano seems like he's having a ball playing this role (and I think he's definitely wearing eyeliner. I watch Bloodline and I watched Without a Trace for a while and his lashes aren't that lush. I noticed it when he was in the pool).

I can't lie: when I saw that room full of money, I was like "I need to be a drug dealer. Just for a month."

I can't stand how neatly everything falls into place for our (anti)hero because everyone is so dumb. I need to see Ghost outsmarted and then come out on top convincingly.

I agree. That's how I feel about House of Cards. Frank needs a worthy adversary, otherwise it's just boring. Same with Ghost.

I LOVE seeing Jerry Ferrara, and while I do buy him as a Wall Street guy, I dont buy him as an experienced criminal attorney. Not the type I would would expect Ghost to hire/have on retainer. Maybe a Matthew McConaughey type in Lincoln Lawyer, maybe Jerry just looks too young. But whatever, thats a minor thing.

I like Jerry Ferrara too. His casting is interesting - a lot of Wall Street guys are "deez, dem and dose" kind of guys (Ferrara's accent is real, he's from Bensonhurst), but I don't quite buy him as a lawyer either. I could DEFINITELY see him playing a trader, though.

Greg has got to be so sick of Angela's bullshit - rolling into meetings late, giving him half the information, badgering him with questions. Like, "What did I EVER see in this woman?" 

Angela will take the bullet meant for Ghost.

We can only hope, for her sake and ours.

I was positive he heard the siren through the phone,

Yep, I think that is what tipped him off but who knows with him.

Now Lobos and Tommy are in custody... I wonder how that helps Ghost when it is revealed he's the one that lead the cops to them.

I'm confused about that. I know Ghost was wanting to get rid of Lobos but did he really mean to set Tommy up too? Maybe that's where the new criminal attorney comes in. Ghost will use him to get Tommy off, but only if Tommy agrees to stop undermining him and they both get out of the life.

• Love 2

Keisha is going to snitch to Ghost i think. She always been jealous of Tasha - making comments about her lifestyle & how good Ghost was treating her. She happy as hell he left her. She only slept with Shawn cuz Tasha liked him - just to take something she wanted lol. She's real mad he got with T & not her. Shawn is not about that gangsta mess, how can u kill somebody Joe College?

• Love 2

Keisha is going to snitch to Ghost i think. She always been jealous of Tasha - making comments about her lifestyle & how good Ghost was treating her. She happy as hell he left her. She only slept with Shawn cuz Tasha liked him - just to take something she wanted lol. She's real mad he got with T & not her. Shawn is not about that gangsta mess, how can u kill somebody Joe College?

Yeah, Keisha is definitely acting shady. Tasha is so stupid for messing around with Shawn, and no way  do I but him taking out Uncle Jamie. Hopefully, Ghost shoots him in the head.

• Love 1

Shawn sure did sound convincing when he told Kanan he was only fucking Tasha for information. If that's true then I will have seriously underestimated homeboy. I do think he's smitten (forbidden fruit and all that) but I dunno, he really had me thinking...like is dude really playing her. Would serve her right though.

• Love 2

Everybody lying to everybody -- that was fun!  Even though there was barely any active sex going on, damn it, just barely nudish remnants.  

Missed seeing Holly on my screen, but f'loved seeing Kanan back on my screen.  Ghost knows what he's up to, yet he keeps on playing.  I don't think Shawn is smart enough or mature enough to play the game he's pretending to be playing.  He fell hard for Tasha and wants to be the man to take care of her and those kids.  

Didnt Lobos want to kill Ghost? He told his boyfriend or whoever that guy was, that he couldnt offer Ghost anything Ghost actually wanted (more money and/or power) and that meant he couldnt control Ghost which made him a threat. I guess he woulda had to kill Tommy too. But my thing is, how would killing Ghost and/or Tommy help Lobos in getting someone to take over his business? I mean, HE didnt know that Kanan and the rest were planning a coup and were gonna ask for more responsibility.

Its actually kind of funny that Kanan wants to take the business from Ghost, but if they really sat down and talked Ghost would probably just give it to him, because he wants out. And since Tommy loves him some Kanan he can stay in the game if he wanted. But I guess that wouldnt be as much fun as Kanan going behind Ghost and Tommy's back on some revenge shit.

• Love 2