Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E01: Campers Arrive

(edited)

Its The first morning at Camp Firewood, and the horny counselors are already making their moves, while something sinister is going on in the woods.

Edited by OnceSane

Except for a few extra pounds on a couple of the "counselors", everyone looks pretty good for 14 year gap. I know some of the aging is supposed to be part of the irony, but I'm pretty impressed at how good everyone looks. 

I hope I can pace myself and make this last a couple of days.

• Love 1

Only just watched the movie a few weeks ago, in order to prep to this.  So, it's fresh in my mind and it's still crazy how a lot of the cast still looks like the same.  Some minor differences, but some like Paul Rudd, Bradley Cooper, Amy Poehler, and especially Marguerite Moreau look like they stepped right of the film from 2001.

Fun premiere for the most part, although there were a few moments where I felt like they dragged the jokes out for too long.  Not really interested in any of the stuff involving the actual kids: much prefer the "counselors" hi-jinks.  I liked seeing the new characters like John Slattery's "actor", and the rival camp counselors lead by Josh Charles (and Rich Sommer was one of his stooges!  How many Mad Men are going to be in this thing?!)

Oh, and it's always fun seeing H. Jon Benjamin as a living breathing character, instead of an animated one.

I *just* found out about this in the morning. I'm mainlining it. I don't binge either. I just love the ridiculousness of it all. The opening song with the stop motion and credits is something I could watch 1000 times. 

Heh. JUST saw the movie 10 minutes ago.

Many of them look virtually unchanged (Michael Ian Black must have a picture of himself that ages in a closet somewhere), but the funniest part of course are the people who have (or just gotten real fat--for example, the guy who plays J.J.).  Also got a real laugh at Ken Marino's manboobs.

Also, good casting on making Josh Charles the "snooty rich kid".

• Love 1

Except for a few extra pounds on a couple of the "counselors", everyone looks pretty good for 14 year gap. I know some of the aging is supposed to be part of the irony, but I'm pretty impressed at how good everyone looks. 

I actually thought a lot of them aged pretty poorly. Paul, Amy, and Bradley all look great though. Paul Rudd has an uncanny inability to age. (See this quiz: http://www.vulture.com/2013/03/take-our-ageless-paul-rudd-quiz.html)

• Love 2

I guess I've been watching all the actors in so many roles over the last decade+ that I don't notice the aging. It's not like I watched the movie in 2001 and this is the first time I'm seeing them again. I mean, MIB and a couple of the others are on Another Period right now. 

I just watched the movie a couple of weeks ago, so their original appearances are fresh in my mind. And now that I think about it, Janeane and Michael Ian Black look pretty good too, so I guess it's just a few of them that didn't age well. It was Michael Showalter who really surprised me. I didn't recognize him as the same person until some point in the second episode.

(edited)
On 8/5/2015 at 5:26 PM, April Bloodgate said:

I just watched the movie a couple of weeks ago, so their original appearances are fresh in my mind. And now that I think about it, Janeane and Michael Ian Black look pretty good too, so I guess it's just a few of them that didn't age well. It was Michael Showalter who really surprised me. I didn't recognize him as the same person until some point in the second episode.

Time can sometimes be a bitch, man. It's kind of funny, after watching this series, I went back to the original movie that I hadn't seen in at least a few years and I kept thinking about how Michael was kind of cute at that point in his life. He was perfect to play homage to that sorta cute in-betweener guy who longs for girls out of his league.

Ken Marino's manboobs are kind of impressive. He's not even fat.

Edited by methodwriter85