Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E11: Out of the Blue

• Start Topic

(edited)

I love Janelle's spirit. She never looks back. All about the future with that girl. Jace is old news, that's her past. Forget him. On to the new baby. Onward and upward!

Just when I was starting to root for Chelsea this broad reminded me. Sigh. Did she really threaten to tell on Aubree? Really? Grow the hell up.

Oh yes, Ali is beautiful. That's all.

Edited by Brooklynista

I'd love to believe that Janelle was truthful about being off drugs. But...I don't. 

Wow, Aubree was on a tear tonight. Maybe that was just an age-appropriate meltdown. But I have noticed that Chelsea tends to threaten and then do nothing instead of actually disciplining her, so maybe that's feeding into Aubree's behavior. On the whole though, of this group I still like Chelsea best.

I actually felt bad for Kailyn when she was talking with her mom.

Leah and Jeremy, what a train wreck. I wonder if it ever occurred to Leah that he works so much because of his family? Or at least that's how it started out. Now he probably stays as far away as possible because when he's home all he hears is how unhappy she is with him. Ditto for phone calls.

• Love 2

I really wish Leah's family would stop babying her, to constantly hold her hand and tell her that it's not her fault does nothing except make her feel validated in playing victim. She needs to take responsibility for her actions, which include nagging, not being grateful for the life that Jeremy works so hard for and never being 100% in a relationship. I would like to say I am beyond surprised that the preview shows Leah talking to Corey about their relationship AGAIN while they have both moved on and are married to other people. Miranda is a saint because I couldn't put up with that kind of ex. Leah needs to go to therapy for herself before any type of marriage counseling.

• Love 1

I have a daughter that is the same age as Aubree.  I watched that scene and I knew some people would see it and think poorly of Chelsea but it has happened to me.  There are times when you simply can not reason with a four year old and you try everything including I'm going to call your father.  Well Chelsea doesn't have that so I'm going to call Poppa was the next best thing.  I loved the scene with Chelsea and her dad talking about her new career.  She seemed really proud of herself and she should be.

Jenelle-I am at a loss-nothing she says makes any sense at all--how is she going to raise a baby? 

• Love 3

I think most SAHMs could kind of understand Leah.  It's hard being home all day with 3 kids under 4.  Most sthat I know really look forward to their spouse getting home so that they can have some adult conversation or so that someone else can play baby/school/store/etc for the 400th time.  Having your spouse be away for month or longer blocks of time is hard.  Leah need to figure out how to have this conversation with Jeremy without blaming him or acting like there is an equal alternative that he just refuses to think about.  and Jeremy needs to accknowledge that being a mom is also hard work and there's no quitting time.

(edited)

I thought this was a pretty boring episode- and I really had my hopes up with last week's teaser of Leah on the phone whimpering about Jermey filing for divorce. Did she actually say "impor ten"? I hate it when people don't pronounce that T.

Kail- noooooo! Please don't fall back into that toxic relationship with Suzy! Oh wait, never mind. I really don't care. But I did love how convieniently she has forgotten that only she or Jo is allowed to drop off Isaac. Good luck Javi. I hope you have some good books on tape because I have a feeling Kail will start to find a lot of excuses why she can't make the drive, especially after baby arrives.

Jenelle- I got nothing. However, I was so afraid Jace was going to say that he would teach his new sibling how to correctly drop the f bomb.

Overall the best thing about this episode was the coming attractions and Nathan's guest appearance on COPs. I actually squealed with anticipation.

Edited by Pixiebomb
(edited)

I think that Leah needs to try and be a little more understanding. It may be the edit, but it seems that Leah thinks that men grow on trees in WV. She should realize that she's already been divorced once and has a track record for being unfaithful. She has a special needs daughter and children by two different men. I don't think that men are going to line up for her, MTV or not. Also, if someone doesn't want to go to counseling, it doesn't necessarily mean that they've given up on the marriage. Not everyone embraces counseling.

Edited by Merree
  • Love 1

I love how Leah had no makeup on while driving to PT and then suddenly, full face makeup. She looked aged without it so I don't know which is worse. Broke my heart a little seeing Ali in her wheelchair but God bless that child, she enjoyed it.

How many of you think Aubree was never strapped back into her seat when Chelsea drove home? Even if you have to wrestle them, that is something you can't mess with. Stupid Chelsea calls her dad right in the midst of it, lol. That was a first we've seen that kind of behavior from Aubree but she's 4 and she was probably exhausted. I think Chelsea's a good mom

She really tries.

Oooooh Jenelle. ..may as well just say you didn't give a shit while pregnant with Jace, that'll be nice for him to see down the road. "Different" meaning Kesha and partying don't come first now?? Barbara nailed it by saying she won't raise another one of her kids. And Jenelle got defensive? I cannot wait to see how this whole situation pans out.

• Love 1

Alarm bells went off when Nathan started telling Jenelle that he was going to teach his kids that everyone should strive for perfection.  All I see is that dude standing over his kid with a ruler explaining why nothing he ever does is good enough.  Yikes.

While I totally get that Aubree is four and kids her age have tantrums sometimes regardless of the quality of their parents, it was pretty absurd to me to watch the follow-up trip for fro-yo like nothing happened.  Yes, parents need to have lives too, but way to send the message that an outburst like that won't affect the fun plans mommy has for us later.  

• Love 2

I have a daughter that is the same age as Aubree.  I watched that scene and I knew some people would see it and think poorly of Chelsea but it has happened to me.  There are times when you simply can not reason with a four year old

I also have a four year old and also feared it was going to turn into a "OMG Chelsea needs to control that child"! response from some people.  I was glad they included that scene though because I think that might actually serve as more of a deterrent to teens than all the relationship drama.

• Love 1

I love Janelle's spirit. She never looks back. All about the future with that girl. Jace is old news, that's her past. Forget him. On to the new baby. Onward and upward!

Thank you for the laugh! And I totally believe this is how Jenelle lives her life. Dealing with your past catching up to you is hard, so she's not going to do that. She just makes wishes and has ideas and thinks that counts as being a responsible adult who plans for the future.

Leah need to figure out how to have this conversation with Jeremy without blaming him or acting like there is an equal alternative that he just refuses to think about.  and Jeremy needs to accknowledge that being a mom is also hard work and there's no quitting time.

Couldn't have said it better myself. They're both screwing up this relationship. 

Oooooh Jenelle. ..may as well just say you didn't give a shit while pregnant with Jace, that'll be nice for him to see down the road. "Different" meaning Kesha and partying don't come first now??

Yes, this killed me!! Poor Jace. Even if Jenelle did a 180 tomorrow and got Jace back while he's still a little kid, there's already 4 years of memories and FILM for him to look back on and resent her for. 

I was glad they included that scene though because I think that might actually serve as more of a deterrent to teens than all the relationship drama.

I think more teens would still be in the know-it-all phase (remember how clear the right answers seemed when you were 16? I was all-knowing until about 19/20 ;) ) and think "Well I'll be a better parent than to ever let my child have a tantrum like that." I think the scenes that actually affect teens are on 16 & Pregnant - friends going to prom and graduation, losing your social life, gaining weight, and painful labor. Things like that register on teens' radar much more than the things adults think about in relation to babies; bills, healthcare, putting yourself 2nd, etc.

I just CAN NOT get over the scene of pensive, philosophical Nathan perusing the bible when Jenelle comes in with her positive pregnancy test. Really, Val Kilmer? Did you swipe that bible from your jail cell after your arrest in September or did Jenelle swipe it from her reserved suite at the Horry County Jail?

• Love 2

Using my first post here to complain about Javi's ridiculous Mercedes! What the heck makes that a practical choice for his family? It's not like a Tesla that would save them on gas. It's not like a Lexus with its reliability, or one of the exciting new cars from Detroit. This is the most over the top car of the franchise, hands down.

How on Earth do Javi and Kail have all this stuff?  I was once a lowly E3 in the military and believe me, I wasn't driving a Mercedes.  Even with the BAH allowance for housing, their house is huge and must be expensive.  How does a 20 year old with limited income get approved for that mortgage?  I just don't get it.  I know they make money from the show...but isn't this show ending for them?  Do they think about things like this?\

Jeremy is trying as hard as he can.  Leah is in a dream world if she thinks he can just snap his fingers and get a job even remotely close to what he makes now.  He is making 40k in five weeks.  Where the live, short of mining coal, there aren't many jobs where he could make 40k working 12 months.  Her whole lifestyle is, in large part, due to Jeremy's job.  I wonder if she would go back to complaining all the time about being "poor" if Jeremy did take a local job.  Girl just likes to complain.  But she did have some cute kids, in particular the adorable little Ali.

Did Corey say they should talk about whipping Aleeah?  Did I hear that correctly!?  What is with people whipping kids on reality shows?  First Gloria on Marriage Boot Camp now this!

I just CAN NOT get over the scene of pensive, philosophical Nathan perusing the bible when Jenelle comes in with her positive pregnancy test. Really, Val Kilmer? Did you swipe that bible from your jail cell after your arrest in September or did Jenelle swipe it from her reserved suite at the Horry County Jail?

Or he swiped it from the hotel he was living in prior to Jenelle and her Teen Mom money.

Did Corey say they should talk about whipping Aleeah?  Did I hear that correctly!?  What is with people whipping kids on reality shows?  First Gloria on Marriage Boot Camp now this!

I just took Corey to mean spanking her. In the south you might hear one say, "she needs her butt whupped" and it really just means a spanking. I'm personally not a spanker, but I don't think he meant they just be whipping her w/ a stick or anything. 

• Love 2