Type keyword(s) to search

Chicago PD in the Media

Chas411
  • Start Topic

Via TVLine:

Chicago Fire Boss Talks More Spinoffs, Four-Way (!) Crossover With SVU
By Vlada Gelman / August 13 2015, 12:30 PM PDT

Just how many shows can NBC’s Chicago franchise spawn?

The answer to that question depends on the success of the latest entry to the group, Chicago Med, premiering Nov. 17 at 9/8c.

“There would never be a fourth unless [Chicago Med] works,” executive producer Dick Wolf said Thursday at the Television Critics Association summer press tour in Beverly Hills. “If this works, who knows what is possible in the future.”

At the moment, however, “the concern of everybody now is to make this show have the same impact that Fire and P.D. have had,” Wolf added.

Crossovers between the uber producer’s many NBC dramas are already in the works, including a four-way event with Law & Order: SVU slated to air in February and a crossover between the three Chicago shows.

“The crossovers are incredible ratings engines for us,” Wolf said. “What we can’t do is have them become commonplace. [There are] three this season, but they won’t include all the shows.”

Added EP Matt Olmstead: “They’re very daunting. Like most creative endeavors, the daunting ones turn out to be the most gratifying.”

NO SHADE, isn't Charisma like 45?  

Should I be happy they aren't making her a love interest for Voight?

Google tells me I'm exactly right, and Halstead is a real life 31. So...that's quite an age difference for a female/male pairing.  Usually the man is a decade older lol

Edited by Watermelon

Via TVLine:

Chicago P.D.'s Sophia Bush Talks Axed 'Linstead' Episode: 'It Didn't Work'

By Vlada Gelman / March 20 2016, 7:11 AM PDT

It was the “Linstead” sigh heard ’round the Interwebs: Despite much enthusiasm from Chicago P.D. creatives and fans, alike, the show’s planned Lindsay/Halstead road-trip hour stalled out of the gate. And now we’re learning why.

Originally slated to air as this season’s 15th episode, the change-of-pace installment was set to sequester the couple in a car as they journey to Green Bay, Wis., for a case. In addition to featuring some serious one-on-one time between the detectives, the outing was also supposed to shed light on both Lindsay and Halstead’s backstories, star Jesse Lee Sofer previously previewed.

“It’s certainly not something we’re going to show this season,” star Sophia Bush told TVLine on Saturday ahead of PaleyFest’s salute to Dick Wolf. “I know that [executive producers/writers] Derek [Haas] and Michael [brandt] were very excited about it. They [even] wrote a script ”

However, the tone of the episode didn’t jibe with the content of the episode leading into it, which found Lindsay confronting murderous Yates. “It didn’t feel appropriate to have that happen on the heels of it,” Bush explains. “Our show is very often dealing with sensitive material, especially with where we are at the end of our third season. It didn’t work energetically or in a linear way to do a show that felt a little bit like a departure and had so much comedy in it.”

While Bush “would have loved” to take on the atypical installment as an actor, she notes, “We serve the show, first and foremost, before ourselves or anything else.”

That said, fans of “Linstead” can still expect some intimate moments, all while the couple continues to maintain their professionalism in the workplace.
“We try to figure out ways to remind the audience that these characters are in a relationship, but also not have it overshadow the story,” Bush explains. “At the end of the day, they’re two professional people who strap on a gun and a bulletproof vest every day [so] they’re not being incredibly lovey-dovey in the office.

“But we’re also conscious of the fact that people want more moments than they’ve had,” the actress continues, “and I know that we’re trying to give the audience a little bit more of what they want in that respect.”

Chicago P.D. returns with new episodes on Wednesday, March 23 at 10/9c.

I got to be on the set last week. Omg the food was incredible, but I digress.

The new partner is awesome. She and Burgess seem great together. I was surprised to hear that she's only slated for a few episodes. She was with the technical advisor for days, learning to properly hold a gun, etc. Seemed like a lot of training for a guest appearance. I'm sworn to secrecy on a few things, but what I can say is holy crap it's gonna be an amazing season.

• Love 4
Spoiler

Chicago P.D. (NBC)

Premieres: Wednesday, Sept. 21 at 10/9c

Where We Left Off: Voight avenged his son Justin's murder by tracking down the assailant and killing him. Lindsay's the only one in the unit who knows what Voight's done, even though he forced her to leave the scene so that she won't actually witness the murder.

What's Next: The season picks up about a week later, with Lindsay struggling with her desire to protect Voight, while also being the target of an investigation by Commander Crowley, who's highly suspicious of Voight. That will lead to a "seismic shift in the relationship between Lindsay, Voight, and by extension, Halstead," executive producer Matt Olmstead tells TVGuide.com. For Linstead, the couple moves in together, as Lindsay relies on Halstead for support regarding the Voight situation. Julie Tay (Li Jun Li) will be introduced as Burgess' new patrol partner, who's being targeted by a commanding officer who tries to derail her career after she rebuffs his sexual advances. Also in the early part of the season, someone from Lindsay's past reaches out, and Platt faces her own crisis.

http://www.tvguide.com/special/fall-preview/gallery/2016-returning-fall-shows/photo/a443f81c-5a6a-40bc-8bc0-3b2fbfa41404

I was just coming to post this. It's kind of a weird joke to make since it's a little pretty long post but if it's true then huuuuge congrats to her. 

Shes pretty low key so I've no idea if she's married or has a significant other.

In other show gossip Sophia B and Jesse Lee look to have broken up once again. Hope it doesn't affected Lindstead.

Edited by Chas411
  • Love 1
10 hours ago, Chas411 said:

I was just coming to post this. It's kind of a weird joke to make since it's a little pretty long post but if it's true then huuuuge congrats to her. 

Shes pretty low key so I've no idea if she's married or has a significant other.

In other show gossip Sophia B and Jesse Lee look to have broken up once again. Hope it doesn't affected Lindstead.

My hope as well. And I also hope that they're not writing in the pregnancy and sacrificing Linstead so that they can have Burzek and a baby. In that case, PD would probably drop a few ranks in my "favorite show" rankings.

I hope that they (meaning TPTB) would not write Marina's pregnancy into the show and sacrifice Linstead for Burzek and a potential baby.  I am a fan of the show and not so much the individual actors, so, naturally, I do wonder where TPTB will take the story.

Pregnancies can be written in or written around. I expressed my hope that they would do the latter because, while I'm happy for the actress, I generally prefer the latter. There is one show that I can think of in which I wouldn't have minded if they had had to write in a pregnancy (and that never became necessary). Other than that, I usually prefer the "write around it" method.

I was already concerned that they might exchange Linstead for Burgess when Derek Haas mentioned that there could be hope for Burgess and Ruzek in one of his Q&A a few days ago.

Spoiler

And after he hinted that there could be a (serious) hitch in the Linstead relationship.

I just don't trust TV writers/producers when it comes to relationships.

Edited by WendyCR72
Edited to fix context...

Congrats to Marina but I also hope they don't write the pregnancy into the show.  Send her undercover like Ruzek when it's time for her maternity leave as I guarantee a baby story would just drag down the character even more. 

As for the Lindsay/Halstead relationship, I'm confident that it will not be dependent on where Sophia and Jesse are in real life.  Can't speak for Jesse but, Sophia not only worked with her ex-husband for a few years after their divorce but also had to pretend to be in love with his character for a lot of that time so I think she can handle anything as far as working with exes. 

On 2/15/2017 at 0:52 PM, Chas411 said:

How do we as fans learn about these things?  I doubt it will affect "Linstead" but I also heard they broke up over a year ago.

Social media mainly. Nothing was ever fully confirmed aside from them always together and a few pictures that showed them holding hands or one with them kissing. They were reported to have broken up over w year ago but whether it was just a break over hiatus they were definetly back on all through last season and part of this season. 

6 hours ago, Chas411 said:

Social media mainly. Nothing was ever fully confirmed aside from them always together and a few pictures that showed them holding hands or one with them kissing. They were reported to have broken up over w year ago but whether it was just a break over hiatus they were definetly back on all through last season and part of this season. 

Well, they're a cute couple, and social media seems to have two opinions, so who knows!  Not really our business anyway. :) They deserve to have private personal lives.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, FnkyChkn34 said:

Well, they're a cute couple, and social media seems to have two opinions, so who knows!  Not really our business anyway. :) They deserve to have private personal lives.

Of course they do. I don't think speculating on a public forum should affect or offend them though. Its allowed.

• Love 1

I'm confused probably because I haven't watched properly as it hasnt aired in the UK yet - was Ruzek missing a few episodes that big a deal? I thought it was just a case of he went undercover as the actor had other commitments..

6 hours ago, Chas411 said:

I'm confused probably because I haven't watched properly as it hasnt aired in the UK yet - was Ruzek missing a few episodes that big a deal? I thought it was just a case of he went undercover as the actor had other commitments..

I didn't find it to be a big deal.  The excuse the character gave was that he freaked out about Burgess moving up to Intelligence and ran away from the situation.  Voight said that Ruzek just left (without Voight's blessing, I guess?) and people asked a lot of questions that Voight couldn't answer, so he didn't appreciate that.

I don't like what the spoilers are implying.  I like that the writers aren't immediately going to revisit "Burzek" but I hope they don't break up "Linstead."

On 2/24/2017 at 9:49 AM, FnkyChkn34 said:

I don't like what the spoilers are implying.  I like that the writers aren't immediately going to revisit "Burzek" but I hope they don't break up "Linstead."

I guess it depends on story and, just maybe (I could be completely wrong and this is just theorizing), dependent on how Sophia Bush and the actor playing Halstead are getting along post split. I never watched her other show but know she married and divorced an actor her character was involved with, so Bush can be professional. But maybe it takes a lot out of her and she may not want to do it again?

Or it could be a bunch of absolute nonsense.

Either way, it just reinforces - for me - that actors should never date costars if just for the possibility of the show being affected should things turn sour.

• Love 1

Agreed. She's been in this position on three previous occasions (Chad Michael Murray, James Lafferty, Austin Nicols) so can definetly stay professional but I don't know how it can't be awkward. Hopefully it won't effect the show. 

The Tracy S. Addition has me curious. I wonder if she's covering Burgess (Squerciatis) maternity leave absence. The character sounds like a Lindsay rehash.

2 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

I guess it depends on story and, just maybe (I could be completely wrong and this is just theorizing), dependent on how Sophia Bush and the actor playing Halstead are getting along post split. I never watched her other show but know she married and divorced an actor her character was involved with, so Bush can be professional. But maybe it takes a lot out of her and she may not want to do it again?

If it did take a lot out of her, I would expect that she (or any actor for that matter) would be smart enough to not start a relationship with a co-star especially since she's been through it before and would know what it's like.

Although, to be fair, she has spoken out in favor of Linstead on twitter. Granted, it was a few weeks ago, but still.

Generally, I think that how awkward/hard it is would depend on how serious the relationship was. I would think that both Soffer and Bush were aware that things could go south and talked about it beforehand. I think that is what responsible adults would do and they strike me as such.

2 hours ago, Chas411 said:

The Tracy S. Addition has me curious. I wonder if she's covering Burgess (Squerciatis) maternity leave absence. The character sounds like a Lindsay rehash.

Could be that they're covering for Burgess possible absence, although I don't think they'd need to. They've got enough police officers to be able to do a few episodes without Burgess and not make it seem like they're short-handed.

As far as a Lindsay rehash is concerned, I think that the bit that was said about the new character could be true about any female character on PD or Fire as both are male dominated fields and women probably have to be able to stand their ground in general.

• Love 1
13 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

Or it could be a bunch of absolute nonsense.

Either way, it just reinforces - for me - that actors should never date costars if just for the possibility of the show being affected should things turn sour.

10 hours ago, CheshireCat said:

If it did take a lot out of her, I would expect that she (or any actor for that matter) would be smart enough to not start a relationship with a co-star especially since she's been through it before and would know what it's like.

Although, to be fair, she has spoken out in favor of Linstead on twitter. Granted, it was a few weeks ago, but still.

Generally, I think that how awkward/hard it is would depend on how serious the relationship was. I would think that both Soffer and Bush were aware that things could go south and talked about it beforehand. I think that is what responsible adults would do and they strike me as such.

Honestly, there is so much out there on Twitter and Instagram that it's just ridiculous.  Some people say they broke up in December, some people say they are still together, some people say Sophia is with Zach Braff now and Jesse is with some girl from The CW's "The 100"...  who really knows.  Only they know, and I kind of get disgusted with all the people on social media who want to speculate and spread whatever they're spreading.  It's no wonder the actors try to keep everything so hidden!  

I agree that Sophia still acts pro-Linstead, and definitely in recent weeks since their alleged split.  I'd think they can both be professional and that the writers should write whatever they want and tell the actors to suck it up.  Jesse and Sophia also worked on a project together several years before PD, so they've been friends - they'd know what they can handle and what they can't.

Getting back to Burzek (gag...), Derek Haas answered a Twitter question saying that they'd be getting closer again.  Really?  Now there are two immature characters who don't need to be in a relationship.

• Love 1