Type keyword(s) to search

Chicago PD in the Media

Chas411
  • Start Topic

1 hour ago, FnkyChkn34 said:

Maybe Derek Haas will take over.  What I don't really understand is why none of the shows have renewal announcements yet.  (Or cancellations, but I expect renewals.)  Seems like networks usually announce by now?

Most renewals happen in May for the upfronts. Yes, some shows are renewed early, but it maybe depends on current performance to try and get a jump or maybe contracts. I don't know. I recall CF had an early renewal a few years back, though.

All that said, I'll bet all 4 in the franchise will be renewed.

It feels that everyone is renewing rather late this season. I remember a couple of years/seasons ago, everyone had announced renewals/cancellations by May except for ABC.

CBS already announced.

That said, ratings are steady, so I think there won't be any Chicago cancellations.

NBC already announced a few (This Is Us, The Good Place) so I guess I just thought they'd keep going and not wait so long for the others.

On a different note, has anyone else noticed that Jesse Lee Soffer has practically disappeared from social media?  I normally wouldn't think anything of it, but he seemed to be active on a daily basis before, and now nothing for like two weeks.

Probably just busy. I'd say with all the attention they get sometimes you just want to switch off. I think he's most active on Twitter when he live tweets and he wasn't doing that last week.

50 minutes ago, Chas411 said:

Probably just busy. I'd say with all the attention they get sometimes you just want to switch off. I think he's most active on Twitter when he live tweets and he wasn't doing that last week.

I totally agree that they need to take breaks.  Especially with some of the trolls that are out there!  

15 hours ago, Guildford said:

Probably gets sick of the constant tweets asking him about his personal life. The amount of tweets I see demanding to know if he and Sophia are together is horrendous.

Exactly!  Everyone needs to just mind their own business.  Plus, he was getting flack for Linstead - like it's his fault?  He doesn't write the show!

Found this Deadline article from January. I thought it was odd that none of the Chicago franchise shows eligible (Fire and PD) for syndication haven't been seen anywhere. This article explains why. Kind of depressing.

With today's packed market, I think Wolf's hopes for a second franchise to rule syndication are faint.

• Love 1

Just came across this article.  I know politics aren't for everyone, but she talks about two incidents that happened on the set of Chicago PD.  Any guesses as to who she's talking about for the two male actors?  I suppose the co-star could have been anyone, but probably not Jesse unless it was just recently after their alleged break-up.  The guest star... Nick Weschler?

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/05/09/sophia-bush-im-screaming-on-the-internet-238129

36 minutes ago, FnkyChkn34 said:

Just came across this article.  I know politics aren't for everyone, but she talks about two incidents that happened on the set of Chicago PD.  Any guesses as to who she's talking about for the two male actors?  I suppose the co-star could have been anyone, but probably not Jesse unless it was just recently after their alleged break-up.  The guest star... Nick Weschler?

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/05/09/sophia-bush-im-screaming-on-the-internet-238129

Well even if it was post break up, they were dating for too long for him to be like this (i'm not gonna say the bad word i was thinking) or at the very least he would have been aware how bad Sophia would take this. As for the guest star, I don't have a clue but there are only a handful guys who have recurring roles so...

but can i just say how much I adore Sophia? I don't know if people like her or not but I'm a huge fan of hers, more so of Sophia the person than the actress. I love that she is so vocal even if that gets her hate. And I know that people think the situation isn't that bad anymore but I don't believe there is a single woman out there who hasn't witnessed even something "minor" as what Sophia described. Aaand I love how much she is trying to build other women up. Just love love love her. Ok fangir moment is over!

• Love 5
25 minutes ago, dreamcatcher said:

but can i just say how much I adore Sophia? I don't know if people like her or not but I'm a huge fan of hers, more so of Sophia the person than the actress. I love that she is so vocal even if that gets her hate. And I know that people think the situation isn't that bad anymore but I don't believe there is a single woman out there who hasn't witnessed even something "minor" as what Sophia described. Aaand I love how much she is trying to build other women up. Just love love love her. Ok fangir moment is over!

^ This!  Agree 100%!

I never watched her in anything else, though I knew of her.  "One Tree Hill" wasn't my thing.  But I am so glad that I started to follow her on Twitter because I usually agree with her posts and message.

(And I was kidding about Jesse; I doubt he would ever do that.  But I still have no idea who would...)

I don't think she'd highlight any issues with her regular cast. It seems like she'd be just asking for trouble by doing that especially as people will start speculating over who she meant and draw negative attention to the show.

50 minutes ago, Chas411 said:

I don't think she'd highlight any issues with her regular cast. It seems like she'd be just asking for trouble by doing that especially as people will start speculating over who she meant and draw negative attention to the show.

"There was the moment when a male co-star on “Chicago P.D.” interrupted her..."

I don't know.  Of course these could be the author's words and not hers, but a non-regular would not be a "co-star."  If she didn't put it this way, then the author shouldn't have either.

I think they may have exaggerated it or maybe Co star could be applied to anyone who appeared in the episode with her. I think she could get in trouble for implying someone in the cast is a dickhead. Even if it's true the network wouldn't be happy with that.

When are the upfronts? I wonder who if anyone from cast will go..

56 minutes ago, Chas411 said:

I think they may have exaggerated it or maybe Co star could be applied to anyone who appeared in the episode with her. I think she could get in trouble for implying someone in the cast is a dickhead. Even if it's true the network wouldn't be happy with that.

When are the upfronts? I wonder who if anyone from cast will go..

Upfronts start Sunday if I'm reading this correctly http://deadline.com/2017/04/upfronts-2017-schedule-parties-lineup-writers-strike-1202076341/

About Bush - she also said that she's reached a point when she doesn't care about the fallout from fans anymore. I wouldn't be surprised if that extended to her job as well. It sounds like it's not about political correctness for her anymore but about doing what is right and doing what is right is stating the truth. If it was a co-star as in a regular then the right thing to do is to say so, no matter the consequences. I think if the show wanted to get rid of her for that, it would be their loss.

• Love 3

What exactly are "upfronts"?  This article doesn't really help me. :-)  Will NBC announce renewals and cancellations at this time?  And it appears that they are all held in New York; Sophia Bush is already in New York for an event held yesterday.

It's always fun to watch because usually a few if not all cast members of shows attend with the showrunners and they do a panel where they talk about the current season and next.

I don't think her statement will blow up so she doesn't have to worry about her job or anything :p But from her social media presence and everything she seems to be promoting, I don't think she was trying to accuse anyone of anything. What she is trying to point out (in general) is that issues like racism and sexism run deeper than we think and a perfectly nice person might actually do or say something hurtful without even realizing it.

The Chicago shows haven't been officially renewed yet right?

• Love 1

Well they didn't cancel it outright whereas they did cancel Timeless so I assume they're still trying to make a decision. I didn't think it was that bad.

11 hours ago, FnkyChkn34 said:

Also, the cast is set to travel to France for a big panel/conference.  I think that's in early June?

Oh what's this for? That's exciting..

I bet Justice will be safe, maybe as a midseason show.

isn't there an assistant DA who pops up in PD occasionally? He is very good imo and looks a little like Stone but I don't think we've seen him on Justice. 

Maybe Justice still has some contract issues to work out?

I was surprised that they only handed out a three-show renewal. I thought they'd either announce PD and Fire first and the other two later or all four at the same time.

25 minutes ago, Chas411 said:

Every media outlet has listed Justice as a sure bet so I think I'd be surprised to see it cancelled..

The question is, how much is based on the show's performance and how much that it is part of a franchise/Wolf franchise?

I'm with you, I'd be surprised if it were cancelled, still, that it's the only show which has not been renewed is one thing that I think is reason for question marks.

2 hours ago, MakeMeLaugh said:

I bet Justice will be safe, maybe as a midseason show.

isn't there an assistant DA who pops up in PD occasionally? He is very good imo and looks a little like Stone but I don't think we've seen him on Justice. 

That's an actor named Chris Agos the character is named Steve something , I'm gonna feel bad for Jon if Justice doesn't get picked up 

On 5/9/2017 at 2:45 PM, dreamcatcher said:

Well even if it was post break up, they were dating for too long for him to be like this (i'm not gonna say the bad word i was thinking) or at the very least he would have been aware how bad Sophia would take this. As for the guest star, I don't have a clue but there are only a handful guys who have recurring roles so...

seconded.

(edited)
2 hours ago, Tvfanatic1 said:

That's an actor named Chris Agos the character is named Steve something , I'm gonna feel bad for Jon if Justice doesn't get picked up 

Yes, that's him. Maybe they can restart Justice and have him be main guy and have Jon Seda's Antonio have gone to John Marshall or Kent and gotten a law degree at night to take second chair. I like Winchester okay but by now imo he's same old same old on every show so enough already (and I find the son of Stone to be distracting--why yes I do have Chicago ADD), and Valdez can't leave soon enough. 

I wish Sophia Bush (I also adore her) would have said who the hand-in-her-face costar is that she found rude--now all the men in the cast are painted with that brush.

Edited by MakeMeLaugh

Other Timeless fans here I see... I'm sad it was cancelled too, but it was expected. I'll eagerly await the next show that the actor who played Wyatt is in. 

Justice might just need more time. Finish out the whole season, then see how it goes. 

I read on Twitter that there is a rumor that Sophia Bush is leaving the show - just a horrible false rumor, I hope?!

(edited)
16 minutes ago, FnkyChkn34 said:

Other Timeless fans here I see... I'm sad it was cancelled too, but it was expected. I'll eagerly await the next show that the actor who played Wyatt is in. 

Justice might just need more time. Finish out the whole season, then see how it goes. 

They only have one episode left.

I read on Twitter that there is a rumor that Sophia Bush is leaving the show - just a horrible false rumor, I hope?!

Me too! (Although, considering her most recent interview, I could see her leaving out of principle if there were contract negotiations and she wasn't treated fairly by NBC and as much as I love the character, I wouldn't begrudge her if that were the case).

Edited by CheshireCat
3 hours ago, CheshireCat said:

Me too! (Although, considering her most recent interview, I could see her leaving out of principle if there were contract negotiations and she wasn't treated fairly by NBC and as much as I love the character, I wouldn't begrudge her if that were the case).

I agree, but I hope that would not be the case!

Did anyone catch her on Seth Myers last night? 

I'll eagerly await the next show that the actor who played Wyatt is in. 

He'll always be Liam in 90210 to me.

As for Bush I think she'd be contracted until the end of season six anyway. That's usually how most series works. Actors get contracted for six seasons and then they renegotiate.

15 hours ago, Chas411 said:

He'll always be Liam in 90210 to me.

As for Bush I think she'd be contracted until the end of season six anyway. That's usually how most series works. Actors get contracted for six seasons and then they renegotiate.

Original 90210 or the revamp? I never watched the new one...

7 hours ago, FnkyChkn34 said:

Original 90210 or the revamp? I never watched the new one...

Revamp - I was like 3 when the original was on although I did watch in later years :)

• Love 1