Type keyword(s) to search

The Beautiful Male Characters Of GoT

• Start Topic

So, ladies, who does it for you, and why?  One of the Silver Foxes, perhaps, like Davos, Jorah, Tywin?  Perhaps one of the pretty lads--Jon, Loras, Renly?  Prince Charming Jaime?  Or maybe the caveman-type--Drogo?

This show has some of the finest looking men anywhere!  Let us pay them tribute!

Here's my heart-throb, straight out of the books:

http://rhoynishblood.tumblr.com/post/80504397963/oberyn-martell-at-the-game-of-thrones-directing

• Love 1

Richard Madden is a beautiful, beautiful man. I will miss gazing at him with my mouth slightly open next season.

The only other actor who does it for me is Jaime (I won't try to mangle the actor's name here....er, I'll call him Nick). His confidence, even (or especially) sans hand, is very sexy.

My best friend loves Kit Harington, but the actor is a tad too baby-faced for me.

Edited by matilda76
  • Love 2

I'll own it.  I find a good 60% of the male characters hot.  Probably initially, I was all about Khal Drogo.  And half the Dothraki army.  Even Davos has a sexy to him.  Tywin I adore, but he's a little too scary for fantasy material.  Something about Dinklage is working for me as well.  If I were to go down a list of the male characters, there would be way more "Yes," "I'd climb him like a tree," "I'll teach him something," and "you put in a sword in that man's hand and I'm his," than "No."

Definite No for me is Old Daario.  Can't explain it.  No to Theon, but YES to Ramsey Bolton.  Can't explain that one either.  No to Joff.  No to Robert.  Not to Littlefinger.  Not to Jojen, and well, all the little boys.  No matter how much I adore Sean Bean, no to Ned Stark.  No to Loras. 

• Love 1

Most of the main and secondary male cast is good looking.  I don't think I'd kick any of them out of bed.  

Jaime and Jorah are the most attractive to me; NCW is gorgeous and Iain Glen is a handsome silver fox.  It doesn't hurt that Glen has one of the most distinctive and beautiful speaking voices. He could read an Ikea instruction manual and I'd be riveted.

I have a feeling that Pedro Pascal as Oberyn is going to be serious fantasy fuel.

• Love 6

Hear, hear!  Oberyn is just about my favorite book character and the photos I've seen of the actor so far have been impressive.

I guess I'd have to go with Jaime as my number one so far.  Jaqen was pretty easy on the eyes as well.  Jorah and Davos win points in the good-hearted older guy category.  With apologies to the actors, I was never much into Robb or Jon because they didn't look like they had much going on upstairs.

I'm ashamed to admit it, but there's something about Littlefinger I find alluring.  I know, I know.  I'll show myself out.

• Love 4

Oh, yeah, Jaqen is a looker.  I hear you on Robb and Jon.  I feel like I should go for them (since I tend to prefer dark haired guys) but they really don't do much for me.  Kit's DVD commentaries are actually pretty good so I think he has some brain cells and Richard at least has a nice accent.

I'm ashamed to admit it, but there's something about Littlefinger I find alluring.  I know, I know.  I'll show myself out.

Hahaha!  Aiden Gillen is nice looking but I'm not turned on by Littlefinger.  I do get why others are (rest assured you are not alone).  

I like the new Daario.  The other guy was a Fabio-esque cheeseball, the new one is an improvement.  

• Love 3

Okay, I'll confess to having the inclination to like Jaime because I find Nicolaj Coster-Waldau to be one of the most beautiful men I've ever seen, but as the character has developed through the books and show, I've come to appreciate him in a more well-rounded sense.  I've also had a soft spot for poor dead Jory Cassel, partly because I really like the actor and partly because I loved the character in the book.

Beyond those two, I'm more attracted to the characters than the looks, so I've always favored Davos, Doran Martell and Dolorous Edd (love me a snarky man).

If I ever had the opportunity to have Oberyn and Ja'quen standing there in front of me, waiting...  hmmm, Oberyn?  Ja'quen? Ja'quen, I think, first.  :)

Why does one have to wait?  Make it a threesome!  (Oberyn would go for it.) ;)

Davos because he a moral man in a corrupt would.  Dinklage for voice & eyes.  Bronn because he can kick ass if I have money, The Dog because did you see him in a kilt?  And he will protect me from rapers & mercenaries.    I have a few more book ones but will hold off.  Oh and Jaime but he is not a good romantic bet.  He is a one woman man which is rather swoony but given Cersei's murderous ways best to avoid.  

• Love 1
(edited)

I have always liked Jon Snow, broody, pouty, or whatever people have been calling him. I will say that Kit Harrington was absolutely bone-jumping when he was basically saying "Do what you are going to do to me but here it is!" (interpreted by me, of course).

I have always crushed hard on Jorah too. 

Drogo, Robb, and Ned, those we lost, were also some delicious eye candy. Funny thing is that I think Jason Momoa is handsome but only find him hot as Drogo.

Edited by Enigma X
(edited)

More!  More!

BvsJDlK.jpg

Only two more days to go, ladies!

Is he wearing highheel boots?  Be still, my thundering heart!

4Ksefuf.gif

Some Michael Jackson footwork going on here.

ZDdpNj9.gif

Edited by joliefaire
  • Love 2

I like Kit's "suffering" face and shock of black curls.  Richard Madden is handsome, will miss him!  To have been such an annoying little tot in Love, Actually, the actor who plays Jojen has a very unusual look that I like.  Stannis is not very hot, but Stephen Dillane is.  I wish Harry Lloyd (Viserys) could have stuck around longer.  The way Jorah says Khaleesi makes me wish I was one. I would like to see who they would cast as Rhaegar.--he'd probably be on my list too.

• Love 1

But it makes me laugh and I love a guy with a sense of humor!  ;)

Because my heart is dark and full of terrors.

Nah, you just know sexy when you see it. I mean, outside of the horrible character he's playing, Iwan is a real cutie, very smart and talented.

tumblr_lurwtsae8v1qavzqjo1_r1_500_large.

• Love 1

I like Kit's "suffering" face and shock of black curls.  Richard Madden is handsome, will miss him!  To have been such an annoying little tot in Love, Actually, the actor who plays Jojen has a very unusual look that I like.  Stannis is not very hot, but Stephen Dillane is.  I wish Harry Lloyd (Viserys) could have stuck around longer.  The way Jorah says Khaleesi makes me wish I was one. I would like to see who they would cast as Rhaegar.--he'd probably be on my list too.

Again, I'm just too sad that Robb Stark is gone. Richard Madden has that intense vibe, which I have a hard time resisting. He has a dark, romantic look, sort of Lord Byron-ish. As Robb Stark, he had the best hair, just want to run your fingers through it.

I totally agree with you about Stephen Dillane. I've seen him on stage in London in a revival of The Real Thing. And have you seen him in the movie Firelight? And Welcome to Sarajevo? The man is hot.

As Jorah, Iain Glen is kinda hot. He has a way of walking that's very sexy. It surprised me, because I thought his Downton Abbey character (Lady Mary's evil one-time fiancé before she marries Matthew) was so slimy and a total boner-killer. The fact that he can turn it on and off like that is a testament to the talent of the actor.

Edited by matilda76
  • Love 2

matilda76, I am so jealous!  If you are looking for an unexpected hot turn by Stephen Dillane, check out the miniseries John Adams.  Stephen was incredible as Thomas Jefferson.

And, another vote for Pedro Pascal.  I didn't know what to expect and me likey!

• Love 1

Jaime.  At least until they cut his hair for this season.  

Just had a girlfriend send me a text saying: "Jaime's haircut is a crime against women everywhere."  Hee! Couldn't agree more!

At least Show!Jamie has hair - unlike Book!Jamie.

• Love 1

Jaime. At least until they cut his hair for this season.

Thank goodness it's not just me then.  He's still a very handsome man, but I actually liked his look last season, with the longer hair and beard -- for whatever reason it made his eyes stand out more and softened his face a little.  Nevertheless, he's still lovely.  I am sure Oberyn would hit on him, if it weren't for his unbridled hatred of the Lannisters.  But surely the thought must have crossed his mind.  Oberyn's pretty fine himself, and his cool-guy introduction worked for me, I'm not ashamed to say it. 

Otherwise, Jorah Mormont sounds wonderful, and manages to look simultaneously sweaty -- but in an attractive manly way -- and elegant in the yellow pirate shirt and armor outfit he wears.  That's not easy to pull off, but it does it for me. 

Of the younger men, Robb was indeed a beautiful man, though he struck me as small somehow.  I think he was probably just drowning in the wolf-cloak costume they had him wear.  (Sometimes the Night's Watch guys look like they can barely move under their cloaks.)  I like Jon Snow well enough, and he's attractive for sure, but I agree he's a bit too baby-faced for my taste.  Gendry's certainly attractive but he seems very young so I try not to think about that too much.  Loras is handsome, but the hairstyle is not flattering and is distracting to boot.

Stannis is definitely is not attractive, plus it's always really dark in his scenes, but Stephen Dillane really is a handsome man and it peeks out every now and then in spite of Stannis's, uh, Stannis-ness. 

Khal Drogo was and is a FINE looking Barbarian King.  I miss him, and the eye makeup and the hair.  I like new Daario, but the old Daario did nothing for me.

Regarding Ramsey -- yeah, the actor is probably objectively very attractive, but I find Ramsey so abhorrent I can't even manage to think clearly about it.  Yeeesh!

Edited by lawless
  • Love 2
Regarding Ramsey -- yeah, the actor is probably objectively very attractive, but I find Ramsey so abhorrent I can't even manage to think clearly about it.  Yeeesh!

I agree.  Whenever I see Ramsay Snow on my TV, I find him to be skeevy and smarmy and obnoxious to look at, and yet, outside the show, I find the actor, Iwan Rheon, rather appealing. 

• Love 1

I had no idea where to put this question, but here seems as good as any place...

What is the status of Benjen's "life"?  I read the wikia page on him, and it says he's "Alive (undead)" but then says he was killed and saved by the Children stabbing him in the chest with dragonglass?  When watching last season, I just thought he was a wight.  But he does not seem to be a wight, as he wasn't a corpse raised by the White Walkers.  He also told Bran he can't pass through the Wall because of its magic spells, so he's not really "alive."  Soo... yeah.