Type keyword(s) to search

Meet a Cast Member: Jennifer Snowden Q&A

• Start Topic

(edited)

Hi everyone, this is Jennifer from Southern Charm.

If you're wondering how I ended up here, I came across this forum via my website admin page where it tells me site stats & where people click in from. That being said, since it was about Southern Charm & I saw my name, I decided to read on. That was a few days ago. Needless to say, that was a bad idea.

I should 1st say, of course everyone is more than allowed to voice their public opinions & I'm thankful you all like the show so much. That aside, I was just curious why there's a lot of mean talk about me on here? I'm not used to people having negative opinions about me & I am truly a nice person; most times too nice really.

After thinking it over, I decided to reach out to you all directly & ask why you have such a low opinion of me when the show (post editing) barely conveyed my personality singularly, if at all. I wish they had after reading this because I think (or I hope) you'd have different feelings.

Anyway, I won't crash the party on this forum & read everything because I understand & respect its your space, which is why I made a separate forum topic for discussion. So, if you care to, please feel free to comment & I thank you for your time in so doing.

Have a nice weekend :-)
Jennifer

PS - SC has not begun filming a Season 3. I think I saw that somewhere on here.

Edited by Jennifer.Snowden
  • Love 1

Jennifer, you have no issues from me! I can't really judge you based on the short amount of time that you were on the show last season. You appeared to be a decent friend to Kathryn when she seemed to have lacked real friends.

• Love 2

Happy Saturday Jennifer!

I hope you don't worry yourself too much about what people say with their mean comments! Most times it the green eyed monster that compels hatefulness! Keep your head up because you have shown so much poise and grace in every thing you have done since we have had the pleasure of becoming acquainted with you on Southern Charm and now through your blog, IG, and Twitter! Stay just the way you are! Such a beautiful soul!

• Love 2

It is most difficult for many, myself included, to like someone who consciously married someone who did not respect them.  Several in here, with whom I agree, can't muster sympathy for one who stays in such a relationship for seeming material (cash) reasons.  Now, add to this the likely lies we were told in your edit as to your connection to this cast and certain arrangements like the boat you supposedly lived in, and it becomes rather easy to understand the lack of regard in here, is it not?

I happened to have genuine sympathy for you when it came to your less than wonderful relationship with your mother, as depicted.  That seemed very real to me.  It was pretty much the only moment of true sincerity I recall having seen of/from you.

Did you not understand by joining the cast for this phony show that you would be seen as a phony, as well?  Surely, you are not that naive.  

If you have resentment of folks like myself who waste our time watching high-brow shlock and then make an effort to share our thoughts on such, I would not blame you a'tall.  I am not all that special, myself.  However, I am not fool enough to choose to share my peculiarities and shortcomings with the world.  Most especially, I am not stoopid enough to do so on a show produced by a Whitney.

I bear you no ill will, Jennifer.  I truly wish you well.  I also hope that you did not ask a question for which you really did not want an answer (I learned this wisdom in Georgia).

• Love 1

Psssst..... Lonsesome...... this is Jennifer who started the thread, not Landon. Landon is the one with the boat, the dark hair, who says "like" a lot.

Jennifer is blonde, friends with Kathryn, Kathryn sometimes stays at her house when she didn't want to go home.

:)

But I wholeheartedly agree with you, anyone who does a reality show and is at the mercy of the editors should be ready for the snark and comments of all shapes and sizes that this forum is famous for.

• Love 6

Dear Mr. / Ms. Rhodes, 

You have me confused with Landon from the show. I have never been married, she 'lived on the boat', etc. And I don't have any resentment, truly I don't. Just was curious... And I guess this kind of goes to show - maybe people think they're talking about one person & they have them confused with another., as was true here with you. I hear what you're saying though - but the show saw much more of Landon so I can see where you can make an opinion based upon what you've seen; however in my situation that wasn't the case...

It is most difficult for many, myself included, to like someone who consciously married someone who did not respect them.  Several in here, with whom I agree, can't muster sympathy for one who stays in such a relationship for seeming material (cash) reasons.  Now, add to this the likely lies we were told in your edit as to your connection to this cast and certain arrangements like the boat you supposedly lived in, and it becomes rather easy to understand the lack of regard in here, is it not?

I happened to have genuine sympathy for you when it came to your less than wonderful relationship with your mother, as depicted.  That seemed very real to me.  It was pretty much the only moment of true sincerity I recall having seen of/from you.

Did you not understand by joining the cast for this phony show that you would be seen as a phony, as well?  Surely, you are not that naive.  

If you have resentment of folks like myself who waste our time watching high-brow shlock and then make an effort to share our thoughts on such, I would not blame you a'tall.  I am not all that special, myself.  However, I am not fool enough to choose to share my peculiarities and shortcomings with the world.  Most especially, I am not stoopid enough to do so on a show produced by a Whitney.

I bear you no ill will, Jennifer.  I truly wish you well.  I also hope that you did not ask a question for which you really did not want an answer (I learned this wisdom in Georgia).

• Love 1

hey, no worries at all!  If they ask me back for a season 3 I'm the kind of girl who wants to be told if the viewers think I'm being a shit or asked to clarify a particular situation that airs. If it's going to be reality, may as well get to know the actual full monty reality! If you've seen my Twitter, I love interacting with the fans of the show. I'm very grateful for everyone who watches it & gets into it with the rest of us! :-) Take care, Jennifer

Apologies to Jennifer.

Thanks for your input. IMO you come across as someone who is running an aggressive campaign for Bravo celebrity as a Southern Charm cast member. This might endear you to some viewers but I find it off putting.

• Love 7

When Thomas said "she's been in my bed a few times" or however he phrased it, the path was set for Jennifer to be the shady girl who keeps showing up at events in a hard attempt to be on the show. That's how it appeared to many viewers, based on comments here and elsewhere.

• Love 5

LOL, I don't find Jennifer shady, she seems very sweet. But the character we saw onscreen came across that way. It IS editing, which is part of what you sign up for in reality TV. It's never "reality." The drama is amped up to create viewer interest. If everyone was nice to each other, we'd never watch.

• Love 4

I think cooksdelight is right.  Jennifer, unfortunately you were introduced in such a way that made everyone look askance at you.  New "characters" on reality shows always have the regular viewers looking at them with a bit of skepticism anyway, and so coming onto the show with such an introduction--as someone who had possibly slept with Thomas while Kathryn was pregnant, you can only imagine what many would think of you.  Given that many don't care for Kathryn, that says a lot. 

Hey, on the bright side Landon doesn't have a great following of fans on this site either, and she didn't have the same intro to the show that you did.  Also, I think many have preferred you over last season's Jenna--and she was a show regular. 

I'm sure IRL you are a perfectly nice person.  Should you decide to be a part of Season 3, I would suggest you remain true to yourself.  Don't try to win us over--we'll know it.  I'm sure that if I were on a reality show I too would have a group of haters.  Any of us would.  I can't believe it, but there are actually some who can't stand Shep! 

• Love 5

I'm not trying to (if it's from social media posts, we're asked to do that as much as possible, but I hear you!). Nonetheless, Point taken & I can see where you're coming from. Thank you for responding. :-)

Thanks for your input. IMO you come across as someone who is running an aggressive campaign for Bravo celebrity as a Southern Charm cast member. This might endear you to some viewers but I find it off putting.

• Love 1

Jennifer, I was one who mentioned filming happening now. A man who was working on the roof of Patricia's house said that a film crew was there, they asked the guys if they could film their reactions to coming in and looking at her shoe collection, among other things. He thinks he will be shown a couple of times. They were told it was for Southern Charm. This was a few weeks ago.

• Love 2

Hey, yes I'm sure that's correct. They do indeed film what's called pickup scenes, I just meant that official regular day to day filming has not begun. That wouldn't begin until (or if) Bravo announces Season 3. It would start like 3-4 wks after that announcement. I bet that'll be a hilarious scene though! We filmed so many funny things that I wish had made it to air!!

Jennifer, I was one who mentioned filming happening now. A man who was working on the roof of Patricia's house said that a film crew was there, they asked the guys if they could film their reactions to coming in and looking at her shoe collection, among other things. He thinks he will be shown a couple of times. They were told it was for Southern Charm. This was a few weeks ago.

• Love 1

So glad you mentioned this!! Ok when Thomas said "she's been in my bed a few times" - he wasn't referring to he & I. My boyfriend at the time, Andre, was renting Thomas's house on Church Street (furnished) so he was making a joke about that, not saying I had ever spent time with him in his bed. Because I definitely have not. That was made clear at the dinner but for editing purposes it was left out for obvious reasons. And not to self: I need to change my surprised look because I made the ugliest facial expressions during that dinner. Gasp.

And I didn't just show up to events: I was contacted by producers to be a cast member on the show. I have a contract & was paid. Not everyone is. So...being at any filming 'event' was because I was doing my "job" as a cast member, not crashing a party. But I understand how it looks that way when you're not familiar with how reality shows work; until I was on the show I didn't know how it worked either & boy is it a convoluted process!! For better or worse, I've not since been able to even watch reality shows & that's about the only tv I enjoy.

Anyway thanks for your response & have a happy Sunday!

When Thomas said "she's been in my bed a few times" or however he phrased it, the path was set for Jennifer to be the shady girl who keeps showing up at events in a hard attempt to be on the show. That's how it appeared to many viewers, based on comments here and elsewhere.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

That was made clear at the dinner but for editing purposes it was left out for obvious reasons.

And that's why I'll never appear on a show that's termed "reality" because it's anything but. Marriages have ended, friendships ruined, people left wondering what the hell happened to their lives due to shows like this. 

• Love 3

Haha I'm sure!! I'll tell you this: nothing about the "funny-ism's" @ Patricia's are embellished! It is just that funny & just that real. She's an incredibly funny & intelligent woman & Michael is equally as funny & he doesn't even mean to!

LOL, yes, I'm sure it will be hilarious as he was still talking about "That high-fallutin' fancy woman's shoe collection" for some time afterward. He also mentioned the butler with the silver tray.

• Love 1

Could not agree with you more! As you guys saw, it added fuel to the fire with Kathryn & Thomas. Definitely did not help their situation as they'd readily admit themselves.

And that's why I'll never appear on a show that's termed "reality" because it's anything but. Marriages have ended, friendships ruined, people left wondering what the hell happened to their lives due to shows like this.

• Love 2

Thank you for saying that!! And it's exactly why I started this topic -- to kind of 'clear the air' for lack of a better term! :-)

Well, I'm glad you cleared that up! See! Had we all known some of that, I'm sure it would have made all the difference.

• Love 3
What's up with Thomas and all of his Facebook posts that he later erases? And what's the status with him and Kathryn?

Lol! cooks, you're killing me! How did I know you would ask?

• Love 3

I truly appreciate your input. I understand wanting to clear your good name, but again commenting here could be construed as a very naked way to garner attention to yourself for casting purposes. Still I do understand how frustrating editing can be for reality show participants, which is just one of the 73 million reasons why I would never be cast on a reality show. In my case, comments here are made tongue in cheek wth a side of snark, so dismiss them as insults to your true character. I have no idea who you really are or what you're like when cameras aren't rolling. Consider this much like the way people like or dislike characters on a fictional TV show. I personally find your social media style way more off putting than your presence on the actual show. Most of us who comment here are very aware that reality tv shows are about as real as a three dollar bills. I don't take the show all that seriously although I absolutely love it, and as a result, love to snark about it. I adore Charleston and anything connected to it. I love hearing real life tidbits about the cast out and about in the city I love. Although I think you might have truly meant this topic as just a way for you to clear the air, it comes across to me as a very deliberate publicity stunt. Again, thank you for your perspective and for being gracious with your comments here.

• Love 5
(edited)
So glad you mentioned this!! Ok when Thomas said "she's been in my bed a few times" - he wasn't referring to he & I. My boyfriend at the time, Andre, was renting Thomas's house on Church Street (furnished) so he was making a joke about that, not saying I had ever spent time with him in his bed.

I think many of us got the joke he was making, and unfortunately many others didn't. It seemed edited to possibly be misconstrued. 

Thanks for having the courage to come here, Jennifer. One thing that might make it easier for you to deal with these forums and the sometimes hurtful things you'll find here is to remember that often we're just "snarking" on the shows. We enjoy enhancing our viewer experience by hanging out with like-minded fans who want to discuss, joke, snark, gossip, and vent about the people and situations. I can see that you take the social media aspect of your job seriously and you are doing what you believe is expected/required.

Perhaps be careful about letting your emotions get too deeply involved in what others are saying. No one in the public eye avoids criticism. Heck, if we could hear others' thoughts -- even those of our friends! -- we'd all be mortified at times. Most of us are here because we love the show, and I'd say a good number of us would like you a lot if we met in person. 

Edited by RedHawk
  • Love 3

Hey, Jennifer: welcome to our playground!

Not all of us around here are weary of you---I was very complimentary of you on the "Southern Charmers in the Media" thread and have enjoyed seeing you on this show and via social media too, mainly because I'm such a sucker for this silly show and its cast. I certainly appreciate your enthusiasm and your friendly interactions with viewers on social media!

It seems that every reality show participant finds oneself often dismayed by the various online reactions of viewers. Lots of you feel very misrepresented and your best moments are either edited out or edited in a completely contradictory fashion via production manipulation. I wouldn't let it bug you too much; most of us savvy longtime reality show viewers get this and are smart enough to understand that behind-the-scenes meddling makes for more interesting television/better drama, after all.

Now your buddy Kathryn? I'm astonished anyone can spend five minutes with that gal, let alone befriend her for regular social outings---she comes across as batshit crazy on the show. Granted, she's very young(aren't we all a bit nuts in our early 20's?) and probably was rolling in postpartum hormones and depression when they filmed this season.

But I'm willing to bet money that she's simply edited to come off like such a hateful, negative shrew, because from what I've read from some other cast members' statements concerning her, she's just as peachy and funny as she can be. Hey, she's obviously a fun drunk, so maybe KiKi is way more palatable than Kathryn.

Btw, I like your blog so far, girl! Great decorating tips. Good luck with the new home and please post pics when you're done designing it.

• Love 2

Jennifer, Thanks for coming into this forum and posting. Yes, love to snark on the show and the "characters" that Bravo builds for each person. I take everything we see with the understanding that production does what it does. It is too bad that a lot of the fun stuff gets cut. Sometimes we get lucky and are able to see some of it on the lost footage episodes which are sometimes then best part of the season. Hope to be viewing season 3 soon and again be posting with the awesome and whitty people here!

Oh, just thought of another question.... why was the reunion filmed in that cramped studio at Bravo, and not in Charleston at Patricia's, or one of the other beautiful homes? I thought it did a real injustice to cram everyone into that small space.

• Love 1

Hi everyone, posters and lurkers alike ... I just wanted to confirm to everyone that this is indeed Jennifer and, while everyone should remain respectful, it is perfectly acceptable to voice your feelings about what you've seen of her on the show. I had received a couple of PMs with questions, so hopefully this answers them. 

• Love 1

Thank you and I understand. I don't intend for this to be an ongoing thing, so I'll leave you all alone to this space. I appreciate each of your candid responses. :-) Jennifer

I think many of us got the joke he was making, and unfortunately many others didn't. It seemed edited to possibly be misconstrued.

Thanks for having the courage to come here, Jennifer. One thing that might make it easier for you to deal with these forums and the sometimes hurtful things you'll find here is to remember that often we're just "snarking" on the shows. We enjoy enhancing our viewer experience by hanging out with like-minded fans who want to discuss, joke, snark, gossip, and vent about the people and situations. I can see that you take the social media aspect of your job seriously and you are doing what you believe is expected/required.

Perhaps be careful about letting your emotions get too deeply involved in what others are saying. No one in the public eye avoids criticism. Heck, if we could hear others' thoughts -- even those of our friends! -- we'd all be mortified at times. Most of us are here because we love the show, and I'd say a good number of us would like you a lot if we met in person.

• Love 1

Thanks SunBun! :-) She actually is a very funny smart girl and has a big heart. As for her behavior on the show, Id just say that I personally don't really know what the heck Id do if I were in her shoes. She's faced with a lot of tough things & yes she walked into them but at the end of the day I think that she is a good person. I appreciate your reply. I'm relying to the last of these & then signing off.

Thank you to all who've responded. Even in negative comments, I enjoy feedback from the fans of the show because without you, there'd obviously be no show.

As for the publicity thing, I have no need for it as I have nothing to gain. I don't need the $ from the show & my life is not based around the show or anything connected to it. And publicity wise, even if there were 1M fans who loved me, trust me, Bravo makes their own very calculated (from a business perspective) decisions. Potential cast members need not apply or try to ingratiate themselves (to fans, producers, or Bravo corporate) because it is not the driving catalyst of their specific final casting.

Thanks again to those who replied. It's been nice to hear your perspective.

Take care,

Jennifer :-)

Hey, Jennifer: welcome to our playground!

Not all of us around here are weary of you---I was very complimentary of you on the "Southern Charmers in the Media" thread and have enjoyed seeing you on this show and via social media too, mainly because I'm such a sucker for this silly show and its cast. I certainly appreciate your enthusiasm and your friendly interactions with viewers on social media!

It seems that every reality show participant finds oneself often dismayed by the various online reactions of viewers. Lots of you feel very misrepresented and your best moments are either edited out or edited in a completely contradictory fashion via production manipulation. I wouldn't let it bug you too much; most of us savvy longtime reality show viewers get this and are smart enough to understand that behind-the-scenes meddling makes for more interesting television/better drama, after all.

Now your buddy Kathryn? I'm astonished anyone can spend five minutes with that gal, let alone befriend her for regular social outings---she comes across as batshit crazy on the show. Granted, she's very young(aren't we all a bit nuts in our early 20's?) and probably was rolling in postpartum hormones and depression when they filmed this season.

But I'm willing to bet money that she's simply edited to come off like such a hateful, negative shrew, because from what I've read from some other cast members' statements concerning her, she's just as peachy and funny as she can be. Hey, she's obviously a fun drunk, so maybe KiKi is way more palatable than Kathryn.

Btw, I like your blog so far, girl! Great decorating tips. Good luck with the new home and please post pics when you're done designing it.

If you don't want, don't need and are not seeking publicity, creating and then commenting on a forum thread about all about you with your picture is probably not the way to go about it.

• Love 8

Oh, man, I probably missed the open forum with Jennifer. I thought this forum was dead after the show wrapped up. Jennifer, I think anyone who goes on a reality show should be aware that they WILL face criticism online just like any other celebrity--probably even moreso because they're airing their dirty laundry on TV (and even if your laundry isn't particularly dirty, anything and everything about anyone on TV will face some type of criticism). Honestly, if you do decide to do season 3, I would recommend not reading random posts on social media. You will over-whelmingly see more negative comments than positive comments just because people ARE going to be more vocal about posting negative things. Sure, you'll get some "you go, girl"-type support, too, but I bet there isn't a single celebrity or "Bravolebity" who will receive more praise than criticism--it's just not the nature of social media or online forums. This site was founded to snark on TV shows, and we all think we're being funny and entertaining each other. I never thought that the people we're writing about would ever read this. Although this topic just came up last week in The Bachelorette forum of this site after the host of that show brought up about how the lead, Kaitlyn, was cyber-bullied over Twitter and other social media. I think that is definitely crossing the line reaching out directly to the person to say something terrible! Frankly, I don't recall saying anything negative about you, but if i did, i'm truly sorry and obviously didn't mean it bevause i don't recall saying anything. However, I know I sure as hell had a lot of criticisms about everyone else on this show all meant to be "funny." Yet I have no doubt that if the person read it, they would certainly feel that is cruel. And now I feel terrible. But, come on, even you know that every show on Bravo is explicitly created TO make fun of its Bravolebrities. To think otherwise, you must never have watched The Real Housewives or any other exploitative show. Andy Cohen is truly culpable here! Anyway, Jennifer, you seem like a nice person. Maybe too nice to want to continue to be on this program. Yet, not to speak for the board, but I bet we could work something out--you join us and give us the scoop, and we won't have a single bad thing to say about you! ;-) Just know that anything you read isn't meant personally--just strangers on the Internet thinking they're amusing at someone else's expense.

• Love 2

Wow.  A Q&A?  I think Jennifer has now proven herself to be the biggest try-hard ever.  I watch a lot of reality tv, and I have seen desperation.  This is really desperate (and frankly pathetic). 
You were barely on the show.  We saw you for about 2 seconds and you looked like a fool.  You didn't have a story-line.  Why are you doing a Q&A?

• Love 3

I saw on Jenn Snowden's Twitter that her unborn baby has been diagnosed with brain encephaloceles : \ Sad news.

https://twitter.com/jsnowden1/status/719942808518467585

I had read this a couple of weeks ago in the Media thread when it was first posted and said a prayer for her, rather shocked at this intrusion of real reality into my reality TV show. After watching the flamingo party tonight I have such mixed feelings. The episode was shot sometime last summer and Jennifer and T-Rav are fighting about getting Kathryn upset and maybe harming the baby. Then Jennifer gets pregnant sometime in December (she said her baby son is due in September) and now the fetus is diagnosed with this serious problem. I didn't want to post this in the episode thread because some people prefer to see the episode as is and not have too much info about future events such as this. But it adds such an odd dimension to the show. I felt bad for Jen getting Thomas's wrath, while at the same time questioning some of the things she was saying and the eagerness to call Kathryn and get another fight started between her and T-Rav. 

At the same time, I was thinking how at this party it all seems so scripted to me, and I'm sad watching Jen because I realized as this airs that she now has a much more serious problem on her mind. And all of T-Rav's allusions to a baby being born premature or having a defect seem so sadly to foreshadow this true turn of events in her life. A total coincidence, I realize, yet it's all a bit too real for me to simply watch and snark as I usually would. 

• Love 1