Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E11: Alison Brie vs. Will Arnett

While Will was very Awesome, Alison really nailed that song. 

I really wanted Everything is Awesome to win it, but it seemed to get too cut down and the overall showing wasn't awesome enough. Alison clearly killed it in the end.  And Wil and Alison seemed to take the results well. 

I think in terms of pure lip sync ability, Alison was one of the best this show has had.  She knew the words enough that her small actions in the "Shoop" song matched up with the lyrics but I also appreciated that you could almost always see her lips during both songs, including the rap portions.  Will may (or may not have) known the lyrics but during the rap portions, he did bring up his mic closer to his mouth and his lips weren't as visible.

Her production was pretty tight as well.

• Love 2
(edited)
I also appreciated that you could almost always see her lips during both songs, including the rap portions.  Will may (or may not have) known the lyrics but during the rap portions, he did bring up his mic closer to his mouth and his lips weren't as visible.

It was a good illustration of how to pick songs for lip synching. The celebs always think it's impressive to choose rap songs to lip synch to, but when the rap is at a breakneck speed as it was for "Everything is Awesome," it never looks...like anything. A slower rap like "Shoop," on the other hand... It's impressive to rap fast, less so to lip synch fast. Pro tip! You're welcome!

Also, Chrissie "ooh, shiny!" Teigen? When you're a dumb-dumb, perhaps don't say things like, "When you involve lights, I'm excited!" 

Edited by Corgi-ears
  • Love 1

Alison's performances are going to make it incredibly hard not to sexualize Annie.

Yeah, especially with LL Cool J so very clearly ogling her from the sidelines.

I dropped in and checked this show out because hey! it's Annie from Community! She blew Will Arnett out of the water. Chrissie Teigen's title as Colorful Commentator cracks me up. So "colorful" is what they're going with to describe what comes out of her mouth, huh?

Chrissie Teigen's title as Colorful Commentator cracks me up. So "colorful" is what they're going with to describe what comes out of her mouth, huh?

If anyone saw Hollywood Game Night this week, all I can think of her is her clovis. (Not a compliment).

• Love 2

Wow!  Allison Brie.  She's another top shelf lip sync performer.  Will was also good, but he was second tier to Allison.  He would have done a better matchup against Merchant or Fallon. Allison needs to face Emily or Kendrick.  She also chose better songs.  Will lost mostly because of "Who Let the Dogs Out".  Bad choice for a good performance. 

I'd like to get more Community folk on this show.  Nicole Yvette Brown, Donald Glover, and McHale would be great at this.

But I have to say, I did not expect Will Arnett to do the Lego Movie song.

If you heard the DVD Commentary for Lego Movie (which I may be the only person who did), you would know that Will Arnett has listened to that song everyday since it was released. Thanks to his kiddos who were 3 and 5 when the soundtrack came out. It may be the song he knows all the words to.

(edited)
Next season, let's have a kick-ass ladies bracket, please - Alison, Emily, Anne, Anna, etc. Bring Emma Stone on - she deserves the bye straight to the bracket!

*You forgot Julianne Hough. She's the only real competition for Anna Kendrick. Emily Blunt and Alison Brie are basically identical talent-wise!

And a bracket for the guys who dressed up as ladies. Anything to see more for John K!

Edited by BoogieBurns

I think in terms of pure lip sync ability, Alison was one of the best this show has had.  She knew the words enough that her small actions in the "Shoop" song matched up with the lyrics but I also appreciated that you could almost always see her lips during both songs, including the rap portions.  

She really was the best we have seen so far. Knew all the words to her song, actually looked like she was singing and put on a hell of a performance. If people start to return it would be great to see her again.

As far as Will Arnett goes, I am just disappointed that he didn't do  "The Final Countdown" as his song.

• Love 4

I just watched this one. I LOVED that. I thought that both appeared to have really prepared, as far as knowing the words but Alison was the CLEAR winner. That Bang Bang song (sorry, I know the song but not sure what the actual name is) was amazing. The quality of her lip synching and the choreography. It's up there with my favorites by Anna Kendrick, Anne Hathaway and Julienne Hough.

Wow!  Allison Brie.  She's another top shelf lip sync performer.  Will was also good, but he was second tier to Allison.  He would have done a better matchup against Merchant or Fallon. Allison needs to face Emily or Kendrick.  She also chose better songs.  Will lost mostly because of "Who Let the Dogs Out".  Bad choice for a good performance. 

I'd like to get more Community folk on this show.  Nicole Yvette Brown, Donald Glover, and McHale would be great at this.

I'm so glad they got Joel McHale for season 2! I'd love to see Nicole and Donald as well. Ill add I think Gillan Jacobs would be good as well