Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media and Behind the Scenes: AKA Everything Else Not "News and Media"

Zalyn
  • Start Topic

I asked MG about Oracle/Felicity too (on both tumblr and Twitter), he didn't answer (possibly too spoilery?). He did answer a few of my other questions on tumblr though.

He's all too happy to answer about his lame fave though

Which questions did he answer, and what did he say?

Small stuff, like "Do Felicity and Thea share any scenes together in 3x10?" (this was before MG said that the Felicity/Thea scenes had been pushed off) and he said "No, sorry". I also asked him "Is Martin Stein Felicity's father?" and he said "No". 

I asked him more complicated/spoilery questions too, about Felicity's possible nemesis (per the 2.5 comics) and about why they changed the title of 3x05 from Oracle, but he didn't answer those. 

• Love 2

He's answered a few of mine, one about a team arrow road trip (season 10) one about having another live tweeting event (it's possible but he's not in charge of those) and one about if Felicity knew about the plan in 2x23 (still pleading the 5th) but has also ignored some as well (if we've seen her father on the show already) I asked about the episode title change too so we will see if he answers.

Thanks you guys for asking the questions, I'm so happy everytime I see something that has been addressed here in an ask on MG Tumblr page.

Edited by Genki

Real feud or just kidding around?

lol it seems real. They are arguing over football or something and someone named Richard Sherman and Erin Andrews and why Richard Sherman stayed in the game. I guess he was injured or something.. (sorry so Canadian,don't know anything about football) 

Edited by ban1o

lol it seems real. They are arguing over football or something and someone named Richard Sherman and Erin Andrews and why Richard Sherman stayed in the game. I guess he was injured or something.. (sorry so Canadian,don't know anything about football)

Just read the tweets. That was a weird conversation.

Why did Chrissy imply that Katie had no job? She obviously doesn't watch Arrow.

Edited by Chiny11

Well what KC said was a pretty bad look for her. Being a reporter is not an easy job,especially a woman in the NFL.

I would say Erin works hard,she does her research,the players respect her and from a PR POV if she didn't ask Sherman that glaring question it's either because she knows something about the injury that fans don't & can't talk about it or Either her producer told her not to ask about it or someone from the Seahawks PR asked her not to mention it.

Chrissy Teigen is Erins friends and due to the history KC & Erin had she was probably trying to stick up for her. I am guessing the dig at KC was due to her new producer bf and KCs appearance in his movie.

• Love 2

It looks like it all started with a tweet SA made - ".@ErinAndrews should ask Richard Sherman why he stayed on the field while he's a physical liability." KC replied with "seriously why isn't she doing her job?" Chrissy Teigan took offense (wonder what the crack about KC not having a job meant) and it went from there.

Twitter kind of makes me cringe, reading some of the replies to those tweets (not even talking about KC and Chrissy Teigan). *facepalm* Some people have no shame, or filters, apparently.

Edited by Starfish35

I think he would say that the cloak of invisibility is too superpower and Arrow is a show grounded in reality (yeah, right) but I really wish someone would ask him about that costume.

You're probably right - although if they wanted to, they could come up with a pseudo-scientific explanation.  The device wouldn't really turn Felicity invisible, but just bend the light molecules around her so as to "cloak" her by making her appear invisible.  Or it could use a chameleon-like effect.

• Love 2
satanichorse asked:

What is the scene you had to cut to keep the episode length that you really wish you hadn't?

Gosh, great question.  There was a scene between Laurel and Joanne in Ep. 1x23 that established what Laurel was doing at CNRI that was very painful to cut.  But painful is different than “wish we hadn’t.”  I’m a big believer that if a scene is cut, it’s cut for a good reason, even if that reason is only to bring an episode to time.  Then again, “wish we hadn’t” is different than “wish we didn’t have to.”  Y’know?

psychedeliccentipede asked:

Sup Marc! If you ever get writer's block, how do you conquer it?

Someone smarter than me once said that professional writers don’t get writers block.  And they said it in a more articulate way.  For me, there are days when the writing comes harder than others, but those are the days you just have to work through it, force yourself to write SOMETHING and then revise and refine later once the muse decides to show up to work. 

And, apparently, I also go on Tumblr to answer a few questions before diving back into the writing.

heartlover141 asked:

The most important question: Who keeps moving the love fern?

Well, that would be our prop department.  Many of the items in the lair get moved around for shooting reasons.

http://marcguggenheim.tumblr.com/

Edited by tv echo

It looks like it all started with a tweet SA made - ".@ErinAndrews should ask Richard Sherman why he stayed on the field while he's a physical liability." KC replied with "seriously why isn't she doing her job?" Chrissy Teigan took offense (wonder what the crack about KC not having a job meant) and it went from there.

Chrissy's really good friends with Erin Andrews, so I think the job comment was meant to take a swipe at Katie for criticizing Erin when she's not on her level? That's the only thing I can think of. 

JB is loving his Dark Archer action figure and Lego Malcolm Merlyn...

John Barrowman MBE @Team_Barrowman  ·  5h 5 hours ago
My Dark Archer figure, can't wait.  They need to do one with the hood down don't u think? JB http://www.whosay.com/l/bHta23U
John Barrowman MBE @Team_Barrowman  ·  6h 6 hours ago
Dark Archer / Malcom Merlyn is now a #LEGO figure.  #arrow TF Awesome
JB http://www.whosay.com/l/yNAa23A

https://twitter.com/team_barrowman

Edited by tv echo

Oh I live in Italy! Florence isn't exactly near where I live, but I could definitely think about this con. Would love to see Caity, David and Manu. From what I've seen, they are quite cool! :)

• Love 2

If Cassidy has a personal agenda with Erin Andrews, then she's kind of making a fool of herself by calling her out for not asking Richard Sherman some inane question like that. Sorry, Stephen, but it's inane. Why didn't he take himself out? He wants to play every snap and believed he could. Ask Pete Carroll or the DC instead.

This is why celebrities shouldn't talk to people on twitter. They end up looking foolish.

• Love 3

If Cassidy has a personal agenda with Erin Andrews, then she's kind of making a fool of herself by calling her out for not asking Richard Sherman some inane question like that. Sorry, Stephen, but it's inane. Why didn't he take himself out? He wants to play every snap and believed he could. Ask Pete Carroll or the DC instead.

This is why celebrities shouldn't talk to people on twitter. They end up looking foolish.

I don't think Stephen's tweet was foolish - it was a good question, and beyond that I though it was kind of a throwback joke about the interview she did with Richard Sherman last year where he completely went off on a tangent about one of the 49ers. Probably shouldn't have @ replied her. KC definitely shouldn't have.

• Love 1

I don't know anything about football so this all means nothing to me but I gotta say, it's pathetic that KC fans are attacking this woman on twitter. Seriously pathetic. What is the point?

They're all as bad as each other for even starting this dumb twitter argument omg.

• Love 2

Yeah, like I said. Argue on twitter, end up looking really foolish.

If Stephen was originally joking and the Cassidy leapt on it as a way to take a stab at someone she doesn't like, and now her crazy fans are piling on while Cassidy eggs them on? Lord. So much growing up needs to be done.

• Love 11

Is it wrong that I have no idea what they are saying to each other, and that the grammar is making me cringe?

Honestly, I'm pretty sure that Katie Cassidy fan has no clue what she's saying, or what Erin Andrews' answers mean. She's just blindly defending her idol. It's embarrassing.

And Erin's response to Stephen is pretty much as I said. Sherman wouldn't ever take himself out, and would probably fight any coach who tried to. Pete Carroll should have sacked up and sat him down, if he was that limited.

Edited by Danny Franks
  • Love 3

If Stephen Amell originally tweeted that, it's not totally out of line to a sports reporter...especially one whose current boyfriend he didn't used to date!  If I were KC I would go out of my way not to criticize publicly, even on topics I otherwise maybe would, someone now dating a guy I used to date.  Just cringe-worthy and while no one looks all that good, KC looks quite possibly the worst, as the woman scorned now trying for petty revenge.

http://bustedcoverage.com/2015/01/19/erin-andrews-chrissy-teigen-go-to-war-with-jarret-stolls-ex-girlfriend/

Katie Cassidy used to date Jarret Stoll who is currently dating Erin Andrews. Jarret Stoll also plays for the LA Kings, so I do wonder if Stephen Amell doesn't actually know Erin Andrews personally (or at least has had a few non social media conversations) as he is a huge LA Kings fan.  

I feel like Katie Cassidy may have originally meant it as a joke but jokes and sarcasm are usually never translated well on social media. Especially the one where you are limited to 140 characters. 

• Love 2

Stephen has some weird hatred of Richard Sherman--I've seen him tweet about it several times this season alone. It kind of bugs me, actually, but whatever, we all have athletes/celebs we just don't like. So I don't think he was joking in his initial tweet, and I suspect he wasn't being snotty to Erin Andrews by @-ing her in that tweet; it seems like maybe they're acquainted, and he was just hoping someone would ask, but as she says in those tweets, she didn't talk to Sherman.

So then KC asking why Erin wasn't doing her job...yikes. I had no idea about any background with KC, and that's just...really icky that she's basically encouraging her fans to tweet at someone like that. 

Katie Cassidy used to date Jarret Stoll who is currently dating Erin Andrews. Jarret Stoll also plays for the LA Kings, so I do wonder if Stephen Amell doesn't actually know Erin Andrews personally (or at least has had a few non social media conversations) as he is a huge LA Kings fan.  

I feel like Katie Cassidy may have originally meant it as a joke but jokes and sarcasm are usually never translated well on social media. Especially the one where you are limited to 140 characters. 

I don't think she was joking because she continued to argue with Chrissy Teigen about it, and is faving her followers' tweets...I think she would jump in and say something like that, maybe even apologize to Erin, if that were the case.

I have no idea whether Chrissy Teigen knew who KC was when that convo started, but I follow her because she's hilarious, and she has randos talking shit about her constantly, so I wouldn't be surprised if she just jumped to that conclusion without looking at her profile.

• Love 2

I just posted, but yeah, it looks like SA and Erin Andrews actually know each other. And Katie's a Seahawks fan, I don't think she was joking.

I just posted, but yeah, it looks like SA and Erin Andrews actually know each other. And Katie's a Seahawks fan, I don't think she was joking.

I don't follow sports that closely so I have no real idea who is a fan of what team and what teams have rivalries and/or who plays for who, so I do stand corrected on the joking part. Katie Cassidy really should have left it alone after that initial tweet... 

Edited by HighHopes
  • Love 2

I know many people felt that way after that post-game "interview" with Erin Andrews last year, but then there was a lot of follow-up, and I think it put that particular moment into perspective and many of those same people seemed to get over it. Stephen didn't--or maybe his dislike pre-dates that interview, who knows--and like I said, whatever, we all have people we just don't like.

Like, for example, after this and the last few months of interviews, I'm just finally, firmly, officially on the side of finding KC to be Not For Me, on-screen or off. Cuz man, this is just super tacky.

Edited by Carrie Ann
  • Love 16

Stephen has some weird hatred of Richard Sherman--I've seen him tweet about it several times this season alone. It kind of bugs me, actually, but whatever, we all have athletes/celebs we just don't like. So I don't think he was joking in his initial tweet, and I suspect he wasn't being snotty to Erin Andrews by @-ing her in that tweet; it seems like maybe they're acquainted, and he was just hoping someone would ask, but as she says in those tweets, she didn't talk to Sherman.

I wouldn't say hating Richard Sherman is "weird". Sherman is one of those people who seems nice and personable and funny and intelligent when interviewed away from the game. But then you watch him during and after games and realise he's also one of the worst winners in sport. He does nothing with grace, when he's got his uniform on, and that will naturally rub a lot of people up the wrong way.

I know Stephen is a football fan, but I don't know what team he supports. If it's the 49ers, then that right there is all the reason he'd need to loathe Sherman.

Erin Andrews looks kind of like Katie Cassidy. It seems Jared Stoll has a type.

It sounds like she was just trying to get in on the conversation, not  being deliberately nasty. But 

Katie Cassidy @MzKatieCassidy  ·  10h 10 hours ago
@chrissyteigen I'm sorry u have  negativity inside u. Can't be healthy. 2 be clear, not shit talking. But interesting u took it that way.

you should never, ever tell other people what they have inside them, whether you're on twitter or not.

• Love 2

I wouldn't say hating Richard Sherman is "weird". Sherman is one of those people who seems nice and personable and funny and intelligent when interviewed away from the game. But then you watch him during and after games and realise he's also one of the worst winners in sport. He does nothing with grace, when he's got his uniform on, and that will naturally rub a lot of people up the wrong way.

I know Stephen is a football fan, but I don't know what team he supports. If it's the 49ers, then that right there is all the reason he'd need to loathe Sherman.

Dudes--I follow football, I follow the coverage about Sherman. I understand why people dislike him, and I'm not a Seahawks fan, so it's not like I have my hackles up or something. I never should have brought it up--I only found SA's ire at him to be "weird" because he was barely on Twitter at all until the last few weeks, so it struck me as odd that he would make it a point to tweet about his hate for Sherman several times this season. Particularly for someone who doesn't like it when random people on Twitter throw hate around. But, um, looking over his timeline, it looks like he deleted those, so that's...also weird.

Edited by Carrie Ann
  • Love 9

I'm pretty sure Stephen roots for the Seahawks, well at least he was during the SB, but I've seen him tweet about the Seahawks before.  So whatever issues he has with Sherman seems to be not born of hating him because he's on the team he doesn't root for.  His question to Erin was fair and not devisive nor was it proclaiming that she wasn't doing her job over all. Just asked a specific thing. 

That whole thing is weird.

Edited by catrox14
  • Love 3

Dudes--I follow football, I follow the coverage about Sherman. I understand why people dislike him, and I'm not a Seahawks fan, so it's not like I have my hackles up or something. I never should have brought it up--I only found SA's ire at him to be "weird" because he was barely on Twitter at all until the last few weeks, so it struck me as odd that he would make it a point to tweet about his hate for Sherman several times this season. Particularly for someone who doesn't like it when random people on Twitter throw hate around. But, um, looking over his timeline, it looks like he deleted those, so that's...also weird.

He's been tweeting about Richard Sherman since at least mid-season last year, and I thought it was weird too considering how he feels about Twitter hate. SA also appears to be a serial deleter. He goes back and gets rid of a lot of things he tweets. Not sure why, because, dude...it's already out there.

ETA: this quote is messed up and I can't fix it - sorry!

Edited by apinknightmare

I don't see why he would delete that Tweet. Nothing wrong with it.  He stated a question of a reporter.  Cassidy took it and ran with it, possibly as a joke but it escalated. At this point, Stephen should just let it live out there and let all the other chips fall where they stupidly may fall to the persons being stupid.

• Love 2

He's been tweeting about Richard Sherman since at least mid-season last year, and I thought it was weird too considering how he feels about Twitter hate. SA also appears to be a serial deleter. He goes back and gets rid of a lot of things he tweets. Not sure why, because, dude...it's already out there.

Phew! I felt kinda like I was going crazy when I looked at his timeline, but I remember some of them really specifically. So I'm glad to know that he just does this deleting thing periodically.

That's weird - I'm still seeing the tweet when I go to his twitter.

Yeah, he didn't delete the one from last night (yet, anyway). I'm talking about the tweets about Sherman from earlier this season and last.

Edited by Carrie Ann