Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media and Behind the Scenes: AKA Everything Else Not "News and Media"

Zalyn
  • Start Topic

1 hour ago, bijoux said:

Excuse me, what pics and video? You guys are bringing over the wrong content. I feel betrayed now.

Heh. Apologies. I fell down on the job.

You know who didn't fall down on the job? The fans in London. Bless them for their commitment to giving us the Olicity photo shoots the CW won't.

And ???. Perfect. Long live Addison!

• Love 10
12 hours ago, lemotomato said:

Whoever decorated JH's booth at HVFF wanted to make sure fans knew who's currently BC:

Considering KC is there and her fans had been asking for that "pretty bird" quote since forever, that's A+ trolling right there, LMAO!

3 hours ago, KenyaJ said:

Gross. Praying to everything that's holy that we never see anything like that on the show. OTOH, after seeing the pics and video of Stephen shirtless last night, I'm very excited to see his prison body. This storyline has to be good for at least one thing, right?

Right?!?! Every movie or TV show I've seen has the inmates working out and getting ripped. I NEED THIS! And then follow it up with hot Olicity sex. Make Arrow sexy again ;)

Bless the Olicity fandom and Stephen and Emily's willingness to play along with these photo ops, LOL!

• Love 8
(edited)

I don't know where it's from. I saw it on the timeline, and shared it since David told a fan at that con they'd have 22 eps... So I am assuming it's right. Nice that Lightning got an extra 3, but surprised LOT got cut 2.

Edited by JJ928
6 minutes ago, jaye.elle said:

Apparently, he gave her at least two of these hugs specifically? I heard a joke that it was a back cracking technique but nahhhh mate :P

haha my first thought was "Why has he got her in a straight jacket hold?"

(edited)

Next weekend's comic con (updated, with schedule)...

Christchurch Armageddon, June 2-4, 2018 (NZ)
Paul Blackthorne, Echo Kellum, Katrina Law and David Nykl (also Keiynan Lonsdale, Katie McGrath and Mehcad Brooks)
https://www.armageddonexpo.com/Guests/
Schedule

Saturday 2nd June
11am - The Flash/Legends of Tomorrow panel with Keiynan Lonsdale
11.45am - Arrow panel with Paul Blackthorne, David Nykl & Echo Kellum
1.15pm - Arrow/Spartacus panel with Katrina Law
2pm - Supergirl/True Blood panel with Mehcad Brooks
Sunday 3rd June
11.45am - The Flash/Legends of Tomorrow panel with Keiynan Lonsdale
12.30pm - Arrow/Dresden Files panel with Paul Blackthorne
1.15pm - Merlin/Supergirl panel with Katie McGrath
Monday 4th June
11am - Arrow panel with Katrina Law, Paul Blackthorne, David Nykl & Echo Kellum
Noon - Supergirl and the Luthors panel with Katie McGrath, John Shea & Mehcad Brooks

Edited by tv echo

Hey we tried it with oodles of dudes.  Time to expand our options.  I'm excited because they say even if you have half a room full of women, they still get their voices trampled on and it takes the clear majority before female voices are allowed their say without a lot of dismissals.  This many women means they aren't going to only be just saying what a previously male dominated room wanted to hear.  Quality doesn't depend on gender so I'm still waiting for proof they staffed with good writers but this is an awesome first step.  

• Love 18
(edited)
1 hour ago, Primal Slayer said:

33849801_2138529699727093_36333088665837

One of the best pics he's ever taken! Bring this legend on!

I'm here for it! Lucy would make a great villain, but it would have to be a multi-episode arc. I wouldn't accept anything less. 

Edited by strikera0
  • Love 5
14 minutes ago, JJ928 said:

Well the replies under that tweet are filled with guys melting down. lol

LOL. I could drink their tears and never be thirsty again. I'm tempted to reply to all of them with this screen cap. *evil cackle*

DeZO36FWsAEmiT3.jpg

• Love 5
(edited)

At the end of the day it shouldn't matter who is writing. The best people should be in the position they are in because they did the best work. Regardless of them being male or female. But since we live in a world were that isn't the case often enough, let the women write the show and let the ones who are upset cry bitter fanboy tears. 

Edited by Belinea
  • Love 2
15 hours ago, Primal Slayer said:

33849801_2138529699727093_36333088665837

One of the best pics he's ever taken! Bring this legend on!

It would be awesome if they brought Lucy on and wrote well and used her right. This is the show that passed on Micheal Emerson being the big bad this past season 

• Love 1
20 minutes ago, jay741982 said:

It would be awesome if they brought Lucy on and wrote well and used her right. This is the show that passed on Micheal Emerson being the big bad this past season 

More like ME passed on being the big bad this season, just like LL couldn't even stay past one episode (and a flashback episode ) for AoS just to be killed off unceremoniously. 

• Love 2
14 minutes ago, way2interested said:

More like ME passed on being the big bad this season, just like LL couldn't even stay past one episode (and a flashback episode ) for AoS just to be killed off unceremoniously. 

Oops I forgot to put in my post that I couldn't remember if he passed or they did lol

3 hours ago, jay741982 said:

Taking to the Hopes and Fears thread.  

(edited)

Video of entire Arrow Heroes panel at HVFF-London on May 26 (videos of the first half of this panel, along with transcriptions, were previously posted upthread - therefore, only new transcriptions for back half of panel are below)...

Arrow Heroes Panel (Rickards, Ramsey, Harkavy) at the Heroes & Villains Fan Fest London 2018 hvff
Published on May 29, 2018, by Simone Wegener

-- On how Felicity has influenced her as a person, EBR: "I think Felicity makes me a better person, hopefully. She's braver than I am, more confident, more, um - she's everybody's polygraph. I will say, when we first started out, she was very different from me... Then in Season 2 - at the end of Season 2, I'd go shopping and pick something out and be like, 'this isn't me, this is her.' And then I really tried to, like, separate myself from her. And now, I don't know - I mean, she's just from such a different world that I'm in, but at the same time I think we've been thrown together. I've never played a character for six years before. I don't know if I'll have another chance, to be honest. It's a long time, and I'm very fortunate. But there is some blending. And then, you know, [some unintelligible words] the writers get to know you and get to know your character, such as you do... and they really are their own selves... She's amazing, and I learn a lot from her. So, I'd say, different enough, but I've known her for six years now. When you grow with your best friend, you sort of get to grow together, not apart, hopefully."

-- A fan was crying (I couldn't understand what she said, so I don't know why), and the panelists all gave her a hug and then took a selfie with her. Then DR said, "That's only going to work once, by the way, you guys."

-- Crying fan then asked the panel to confirm the rumor that Oliver's goatee from the comics was coming in S7. EBR: "Yeah, it's well on its way. I don't know if I'm happy about it. He's very happy about it. I'm more impartial...  (To JH) The goatee is coming back... He's going to make it stylish. He's got a million different colors in there. (To DR) I don't know if you've seen it? Have you taken a solid close look? You should go look."

-- When asked who was the joker on set, the panelists all said John Barrowman, although EBR said that CH was also very funny.

-- On why Green Arrow is always the leader in the crossover, EBR: "Because he's the OG." Fan who asked the question then said, "I think it should be White Canary."

-- On what it's like to play a mom to William (Jack Moore), EBR: "Well, I did the math, and I would've been 11 when Jack was born. So we're definitely stretching... Felicity would've been 13." She then said it was a new dynamic and one of those things that you don't plan, but that she liked Felicity's relationship with William and that they're also friends. She also said that Jack was shorter at the beginning of S6, but that he's a little bit taller than her now, especially if he wears "any type of shoe." She said "he's a really sweet kid" and also said that this dynamic gave her "something new to do."

-- On Diggle having a son instead of a daughter, DR: "Crazy Barry Allen... Yeah, it was very, very confusing. All of a sudden, I have a son... As if Diggle and Lyla couldn't handle two children."

-- DR: "I enjoy Diggle's fatherhood... It would be nice to have more of a team-up between Oliver & Felicity and Diggle & Lyla. I would love to see that a little more. I think it adds dimension to our characters as parents, you know, because we're vigilantes." 

-- DR: "I want Baby Sara from Earth Whatever. Who is she, right?"

-- On how their characters have changed, EBR: "She's gotten braver." JH said that Dinah's been on "a bit of a roller coaster" but thought that she's now "softening" and "opening up."

-- On their fave Marvel superhero, DR said Moon Knight, JH said Wolverine, and EBR said Storm.

-- On an all-girls' episode, JH and EBR were for it (obviously). DR: "If all the men are in prison, then the bad guy gets caught at the end of every episode, because the women are clearly a lot smarter."

-- On whether there were any deleted scenes that they would've wanted to have seen, DR joked that deleted scenes would be two-and-a-half hours long. EBR said that they don't drop that many scenes now and that they dropped a lot more in S4 than they do now. DR said that it's more how scenes are cut now, with dropping words, rather than scenes being dropped. He also said that by the time they shoot the scenes, any deleted scenes had already been cut from the script. EBR then said that Felicity's jokes get dropped, but she tries to get them in.

-- JH said that she loves fighting on the show because action is fun.

-- On whether they always wanted to be actors, EBR: "I always did. Still can't answer why... It's just really fun." DR said that he used to want to be a football player, but he got bitten by the acting bug at 15. 

-- On how they top what they've already done, DR: "I don't know . You know how you do it? You do it with our new leadership. With Beth Schwartz. She's the one who's at the top. We have the utmost confidence in her. Season 7 is going to be a treat." EBR: "Yeah, Beth will do it... Go back and look at what episodes that Beth has written or co-written, and you will understand that they are some of your favorite episodes... She's been there from the beginning. I can guarantee you, it's going to be a great season." JH: "And we'll put all the men in prison."

-- In response to a fan question about Batwoman coming to the crossover, DR just speculated about how it will be interesting to see what Bruce Wayne is like, now that we know there is a Bruce Wayne, and whether he's Batman, and what happened to Batgirl, and how the whole Batman mythos connects to Arrow.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 6
(edited)
23 hours ago, KenyaJ said:

I love this, but how long until Reddit has a meltdown over the female-dominated writers' room?

Also, female writers are taking over writing the Green Arrow comics beginning in August. It was Benjamin Percy before, then some interim male writers, and now Julie & Shawna Benson will be the new regular writers for the GA comics.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2
(edited)

Video clips (all by Jess) of portions of Arrow Villains panel (KC, JS, KA) at HVFF-London on May 27 - I didn't transcribe everything...

H&VFF London - Arrow Villains: Entrance / What it's like to play Villains 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yvvPFEyVm0I

-- On how good is it being bad, JS: "The best." KC: "Awesome." KA: "There's a lot of evil up here." JS: "The bad guys kinda get to do whatever they want, you know, so that's why it's always fun. We get to explore the lengths of how bad we can be, so, you know, when you're allowed to do that - we're all kinda good in our real lives, I feel, so when you get to do it on screen, it's pretty chill." KA: "And we don't have to apologize... I can kill a couple people and not go to jail in real life."

H&VFF London - Arrow Villains: Josh Segarra on bringing back Adrian Chase / Prometheus (May 27th)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bO4maNBsBQU

-- JS: "I don't want to bring Chase back in another world. I don't want to dilute his mission, 'cause Chase won, you know? I like to picture him in Heaven - not Hell, in Heaven - just like super mad, like his plan backfired, you know. 'Oh man, I didn't think I was actually going to die on that boat,' you know. But, to come back this season and to have the writers - they just killed it for me, because I got to be a hallucination. I got to be his conscience. And to me, that means, I got to stay at a 10. I could stay where we were at the end of Season 5. And that to me is the most fun, you know? It was awesome."

H&VFF London - Arrow Villains: KC on working with Paul again + KA on Black Siren' betrayal
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gdARd3Gh6tw

-- On being back on the Arrow set, working with PB and the old crew, KC: "It was fun... It's great, especially as an actor, and I'm sure you guys can relate, when they write for you, and you're not just coming in at the end of the scene just screaming, um... For me personally, it could be a little frustrating at the beginning of the season because I wanted to play - I wanted to play with other actors. I wanted to, like, get to the - you know, start the arc and get to the [unintelligible word]. So, that was sort of the beginning of the, um - of her arc and journey, and [unintelligible word] transformation into her world with Diaz."

-- On how bitter Diaz is at Black Siren at this moment, KA: "Listen, man, we were a team, and she betrayed the team. We could've, you know, taken over some stuff... Had some little screaming babies. But you didn't want to go in that direction." KC: "I don't hang with wife-beaters. Go on. You killed my father - well, a version."

H&VFF London - Arrow Villains: Kirk x Josh banter (May 27th)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3NCSmvev4g

-- KA: "What do I look like naked?" JS: "What's the answer?" KA: "Really good." JS: "On set, whenever I'm acting opposite Kirk, I just whisper in his ear, 'You look incredible naked, Kirk.'" KA: "And I whisper back, 'Don't tell my wife.'"

H&VFF London - Arrow Villains: Katie Cassidy on playing a hero, to then playing a villain (May 27th)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qWV3PEPTvA4

-- KC: "The way they wrote me and Laurel's journey from Season 1 to Season 3 and 4 was incredible, uh, due to hitting rock bottom and then coming back up on top and turning into a superhero. And I took it - I look back on it now because I took it so seriously to where I can now - now that I have been brought back and I'm playing the villain and can have more fun in the material, and it's more freeing and it's more - for me, it's exciting and again there's more - there's more depth, there's more layers, there's more - it's just fun. And I guess - now I lost my train of thought - what was the question? ... Ah, thank you. Sorry. Once I kinda got to the hero, it was sorta like, my journey stopped and I was just there... sort of, in every scene... I think there's just more material, more to do, once I turned into the villain... It's just more fun to do... (Fan then said something unintelligible) ... I know. It was a little hard on all of us, I think."

H&VFF London - Arrow Villains: Katie and Josh on if they met their doppelgangers (May 27th)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aKqfvj3HYaE

Edited by tv echo
(edited)

Video clips (all by Jess) of portions of SA panel at HVFF-London on May 27 - I didn't transcribe everything...

H&VFF London - Green Arrow: Stephen on how playing Arrow has evolved over the years? (May 27th)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e28q_25E_sg

H&VFF London - Green Arrow: Aisha jokes about Oliver transitioning in s7 (May 27th)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dmR-ufPLn10

H&VFF London - Green Arrow: Stephen Amell on who he would bring back to Arrow (May 27th)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mFSnZQjQ8T4

-- SA: "I would die to have Tommy Merlyn back on the show. I would die... We oddly became better friends after he died on the show, because I was so busy the first year... Yeah, I really miss Tommy Merlyn. I really, really do. I miss Susanna Thompson as Moira, as my mom. Um, I miss Walter... Um, oh God, I miss everyone that leaves. I miss Paul Blackthorne so much, spoiler alert... But... if I had to pick one, I'd pick Tommy."

H&VFF London - Green Arrow: Stephen Amell sings Happy Birthday to a fan (May 27th)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RyK-8j-yV60

H&VFF London - Green Arrow: Stephen Amell on who he prefers in SPN, Jared or Jensen? (May 27th)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pKVtpoTJajg

-- SA: "I would like Jensen more, but Jared gives better hugs than Jensen... Oh no, my bad, I pick Mischa."

H&VFF London - Green Arrow: Stephen Amell on what an Arrow x SPN crossover would be like (May 27th)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZzkyDQzPK9o

H&VFF London - Green Arrow: Which show he'd like to crossover with (May 27th)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_SxYyW0hBQ

-- SA: "Lost. I want to show up on the island... And I want to have a four minute scene with Michael Emerson's character. And I want Jack to come in and be like, 'We's got to go back.' And then I want to leave. Forever."

H&VFF London - Green Arrow: Stephen Amell on what it is like to work with John Barrowman (May 27th)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1MciudfAG5Y

-- SA talked about working with JB and also did the "Barrowman snap."

H&VFF London - Green Arrow: Stephen does the Carlton + Discusses playing Dark Oliver (May 27th)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z1JTiASfCSY

-- On what it was like to play the Dark Arrow on the Crisis on Earth-X crossover, SA: "It was great 'cause of Melissa - that's not it. (Laughter) I'm sorry. No, it was fantastic. Um, we've done 138 episodes of Arrow and so, um, any chance that I get to have a different iteration of the character or to, um - I don't know, feel inspired in a different way, um - I mean, he was a terrible person, um, but he was the hero of his own story, wasn't he? ... It was really fantastic. I loved it. Um, I'm glad that he's dead, but I really enjoyed playing him."

H&VFF London - Green Arrow: Favourite Marvel hero + Favourite Arrow Villain to fight (May 27th)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zcGFrOG-8e4

H&VFF London - Green Arrow: Mavi Amell tells everyone her Dads secret... (May 27th)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8gnOjOzeUeo

H&VFF London - Green Arrow: His biggest leap of faith + What era he would put Oliver in (May 27th)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15cOmG_skKM

-- When asked what was his "biggest leap of faith", SA talked about when he "rescue[d] Emily off of a land mine." SA: "I forced them to let me do that. And once I was up there in that tree, I realized that I had made a giant, giant mistake. I really had. I was so high. I had a harness. It was in a very inappropriate place. I did not want to swing down at all. (Laughs) But I had do. Um, that was the biggest leap of faith, straight up. Um, if you see pictures of me from Comic Con that year, you'll see a roper right there from where they, uh, pulled the stop lever. And, um, yeah, that was the biggest leap of faith."

-- SA: "If I could put Oliver in a different time? I don't know... I would say maybe the '20's, the 1920's. That would be cool... The goatee would work better then, I think."

H&VFF London - Green Arrow: If the Green Arrow was British, what would he sound like? (May 27th)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1aYzkSnFiRs

-- SA: "I'm surprised Oliver survived past Day 2 [on Lian Yu island]."

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2

-- DR: "I want Baby Sara from Earth Whatever. Who is she, right?"

Now I want them to adopt a Baby Sara from E2 who has lost her parents.  :(  How could they say no?

1 hour ago, tv echo said:

Um, if you see pictures of me from Comic Con that year, you'll see a roper right there from where they, uh, pulled the stop lever.

I think he's trying to say rope burn.  

• Love 3
(edited)

Video of entire SA panel at HVFF-London on May 27 - since most of this panel has already been covered by fan tweets and partial video clips, I only transcribed a few additional parts (audio is not great)..

Stephen Amell Panel at the Heroes & Villains Fan Fest London 2018 hvff
Published on May 30, 2018, by Simone Wegener

-- On how much he influences the creative path of the show, now that Arrow is in its 7th season, SA: "I have a reasonable influence on the show. Um, I get into micro elements of the show, but the macro elements have always been the producers. The only big idea that I've ever had was when we did the first crossover with the Flash. Um, I suggested that, um, Oliver's baby mama and his kid show up in a scene in Jitters... I suggested that... We have a new showrunner this year. Um, Beth Schwartz... (Aisha Tyler interjected, "Lady showrunner, man!") ... My life is run by women, and I like it... She has such a very specific idea of where this season's going to go, and it's so specific that she sent me an e-mail before this convention going, 'please do not spoil the following things.' So I'm going to read them out right now. (Laughs)... Um, no, I get to have input, but ultimately, um - ultimately it's up to them. Um, I have had some input on where Oliver might end up at the end of the [unintelligible word]... at the end of the season. (Aisha asked, "At the end of Season 7?") Yeah."

-- On how much of Arrow is from the DCU and how much of it is "original or organic or native" just to the show, SA: "When the show started, the inspiration for it - the inspiration for the first season was absolutely, positively The Dark Knight. Like, when I was sitting in David Nutter's office - you know David Nutter? He was the director of our pilot. Um, it was just [unintelligible word] The Dark Knight. That was the inspiration for the first season... (Aisha interjected, "That's why you have that... Dark Knight voice?") ...

I think that we're going to lean into more of the comic canon version of the Green Arrow this year. I mean, the show is the show. Um, and I am me... But this year, I think we're going to lean into it little bit more, because - sorry to spoil the finale, but - my secret identity, which wasn't really a secret identity, is definitely not a secret identity."

-- SA: "I'm very, very excited for Season 7. It seems very specific."

-- On how long Oliver is going to be in prison, SA: "Aisha, I can't answer that question. That was the first thing on Beth's list. I can't talk about how long I'm going to be in prison."

-- SA said that his back problems have changed how he approaches fight scenes now. SA: "One of the things that we didn't have this year that I would love to have next year is, we usually have one fight that's just definitely all me.." As an example, he mentioned when he fought Ra's al Ghul on the mountain top in S3.

-- On his favorite part of the Crisis on Earth-X crossover, SA: "Kissing Melissa. (Audience reaction) I'm sorry, have you seen her? She's gorgeous. Tell no one."

-- Fan: "Of all the girls that Oliver's been with, who would you pick?" SA shakes his head. Aisha: "Like, in real life?" SA: "No, not in real life! My wife and daughter are backstage." Aisha: "Thirty seconds ago, you were like, 'Melissa, have you seen her?'" Audience claps. SA: "Um, Isabel Rochev - no, I'm [unintelligible words]. Felicity."

-- SA: "I steal all of Oliver's wardrobe."

-- SA: "I would love to work with Tyler Hoechlin."

-- On how he's similar to and different from Oliver Queen, SA: "I'm very stubborn. And I'm not a billionaire."

-- On how he likes working with EBR, SA: "How do I like working with Emily? ... I love working with Emily. Um, one of the best things that's ever come out of Arrow, um, and one of the ways that I know the show will endure, for me, is the friendships that I've made with Emily, with David, with Katie and Willa and Josh and Paul and Colin and [unintelligible words]... Um, but working with Emily is quite... It's my favorite thing. I love working with Emily." SA then joked: "She's not funny. She's not funny. She's mundane in person at best... (Aisha interjected, "You're telling lies") ... I'm telling lies. She's my best friend. I love Emily."

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Trisha said:

If you read the rest of Stephen tweets it sounds like they've probably had it out with the waiters or staff as he talks about them possibly being kicked out of the restaurant. 

As someone who use to work in hospitality during university, I'm on team waiter sorry Stephen.